The Throwdown

All may join the arcade fun

Wanna roleplay out those big events? House parties, football games, wrestling matches, and even prom can all be found right here! Feel free to post your own events, and make sure to jump into others as well!
Slam

The Throwdown

Post by Slam »

((Janet Claymont's Opening Post))

Winner!

Janet grinned widely to herself as the loser moped away in his defeat, unable to match her skills at the fighting game. The unwitting young person had foolishly came up next to her not minutes ago, claiming "Nice skills for a rookie, let's see how you fare against a real player." and slid a quarter into the machine, sealing his doom at the hands of Janet's expert level technique.

Taking another coin out of her ever shrinking wallet, Janet rolled the hunk of metal into the Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection machine, beginning a flurry of movements which could've just as easily passed for mashing buttons to the untrained eye. In less than fifteen minutes, she was already paying for another go.

The young woman could occasionally be found amongst the flashing lights of the arcade in the afternoon, whenever there was no gymnastics or cheerleading practice. Nothing gave her a bigger rush than when some foolhardy opponent's face went white at their sudden defeat, and skulked away with their tails between their legs. Too bad none of 'em ever cried.

She tended to forget the fact that most of these people were twelve year olds.

As time flew by around her, more and more people slipped in and out of the gaming centre. Clubs closed; work finished; and people just genuinely moved throughout the place as part of the daily browse. During this time, Janet continued spending her afternoon on the games machine. Her mother was home with Joe that evening, so she didn't have to worry as much about being there any time soon. Instead, she could just whittle away the hours beating up computer generated strategies and the general mook of a player who thought they were at her level of skill.

It was a bit boring at times though; trying to find an opponent who put up a decent round.

Taking out the eighth quarter of that afternoon, Janet started up the game once more. The first two fights didn't even take five minutes, and boy was Janet getting restless; impulsively, she blurted out a challenge at no-one in particular.

"Come on! Isn't there one of you out there who can put up a decent fight at this game?!"
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((Mike Maszer continued from 11th Meter))

With a sad look on his face, and a bandage on his right bicep, Mike entered the Arcade.

"It's just a big bruise." Said the nurse. "Nothing is broken. Use this ointment on it, don't overload your hand, and you should be fine in a week or two."

Week or two. It's not that bad. After all, he could injure himself much more, he still could do normal activities... Except from training. Funny thing. Earlier that day, Mike was a little tired of training two different things on almost every day, and now, when he faced 2 weeks of a forced break from them, he felt really sad. He'll probably be in much worse physical condition than now, and he'll have to catch up with all the stuff, others did.

Fortunately, bruised arm had also it's pros.

Alright Mikey, heads up. 2 weeks without training means 2 weeks of lots of free time. Consider it, as a vacation.

Definitely true. If not the injury, he wouldn't have even slightest nick of time or energy to even consider losing some cash in local arcade.

Mike felt in love with gaming, right after his first match in Worms 2 with friends, on his first, prehistoric computer. Since then, an always prepared goody-two-shoes young primary school kid, stopped being on the top of his class with grades, as entertainment turned out to be much more fun, than doing homework. 10 years later and Mike didn't change at all. If there was a choice between doing some school stuff or gaming, Mike never spent more than 3 seconds to make a decision.

Of course, as a not rich person, he preferred buying older releases, because of lower prices, and higher probability of running on his uncle's computer. Mostly because of this, Mike never really spent even a coin on arcade games, especially knowing how time and cash consuming they can be... But now, as he saved some money, he would spend on a Capoeira practice (which wasn't really that cheap as well), he decided, he can use this money for something he never did before.

Another dilemma arises - What to play? There was no chance for newer releases, as it were occupied by hordes of nerds/fans, and he would spent eternity in queue. He avoided racing games as well, as he never really was prominent in operating a steering-wheel. He finally decided to play some good ole' House of the Dead, spending two coins to dual wield the pistols, when suddenly he heard a voice near him.

"Come on! Isn't there one of you out there who can put up a decent fight at this game?!"

Curious Mike looked in the direction, where the voice was coming from, to see a girl standing near... Tekken 5: DR arcade. That was certainly an interesting picture. A girl owning everyone else in a fighting game. Sure, he had some female friends back in Poland, who liked to play some Soul Calibur or Tekken on Mike's console, but certainly none of them were pro. And neither was Mike. He loved playing Tekken, he was quite good at it, even learned a few pro-tricks, but he never really tried his skills in a tournament, because he had a very strong feeling, that everyone would kick his ass completely in there.

This time however, curiosity killed the Pole. If someone wants a challenge in a game he played for a long time already, then why not give it a try?

Slowly, he approached the girl, and took 2nd player's place.

"I heard that someone wants a challenge here. Maybe I'm not a master in this game, but I think I can do a thing or two in it. Hello there!" Mike smiled, and extended his hand toward his opponent. "I'm Mike, by the way..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

"I heard that someone wants a challenge here."

Aha! An opponent appears!

"Maybe I'm not a master in this game..."

Bah. Well, a fight's a fight, either way.

Turning away from the screen, she looked at the challenger who had braved her shout. Short, at least by her standards; light build; ponytail; victim!

"Hello there! I'm Mike by the way..."

Grinning at Mike, Janet took his hand and shook it firmly. Even though she had every intention to drive him into the dirt in a few moments, she always appreciated a little courtesy and civil discussion with her opponents.

"I'm Janet; nice to meet you Mike. Shall we?"

Continuing her large grin, Janet reached into her wallet once more, and for the last time considering how she was out of coins now. Turning back to the screen, Janet was struck with an unexpected sight.

Game Over.

What? How did that happen? She couldn't have lost when she was fighting; she remembered wiping the floor with that computer!

'Oh wait, these games don't have a pause button do they...'

Realising how she had inadvertently left herself at the hands of the machine, Janet couldn't help but chuckle as she lost for the first time that evening.

"Well, that'll be the last time, that's for sure!"

Laughing rather loudly at the video game, Janet turned back to her new opponent.

"Don't think you'll get so lucky, Mikey!"

Still grinning eagerly, Janet looked over her opponent once again. Now that she thought about it, he looked familiar. Hadn't she seen him around Bayview once or twice?

"Sorry, have we met? You look familiar."

Momentarily reducing her grin to a friendly smile, Janet's memory banks reeled. She'd definitely seen him, maybe at a gymnastics competition? No, that wasn't it...

Oh yes! He was on the soccer team!

"Yeah, that's right! You're the goalkeeper on the soccer team!"

He was pretty good, as far as her standards could tell. With any luck, he'd be as good at video games as he was at stopping the ball! Sure, she might've not had the best perspective will balancing on top of two people, but she had still been able to see him catching a few tough calls.

Of course, soccer and video games were pretty different things!

"Well Mikey, don't think that just because I cheer you on out there means I'll cheer you on in here! Prepare to be slaughtered!"

Returning to her former laughing grin, Janet rolled her last quarter of the day into the machine, lighting up the screen as the game shot into motion.

Choose Your Character!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

While the girl introduced herself as Janet, Mike observed as her character, now without any control, got beaten up mercilessly by CPU opponent. When the speaker shouted 'GAME OVER' Janet, at first with a surprised look on her face, reassured the Pole, it won't happen again.

Miked smiled sinisterly. "Sure thing Janet. I don't expect you to not push any of those buttons in our fight..."

And then he noticed, that the girl was taxing him very carefully. Why? He didn't know, until she finally recalled him as a goalie in soccer team. Mike felt some mixture of uneasiness and happiness in his stomach. He didn't like being called out like that, but hey, it turned you someone really recognized him at this school. And that's also a feat!

"Ayup, soccer team goalie, at your service." Said Mike, and made a theatrical bow.

Actually, now as she said it, Mike recognized her as well. She was a cheerleader in Bayview, though since he wasn't one of those football/soccer/basketball/whatever team stars, he never got (and never give, for that matter) any attention from any of them. In fact, he was really surprised, that any of those cheerleaders would be interested in gaming at all.

Well, it looks like I should throw those 'American School Stereotype' thoughts into the garbage...

Janet... 'Politely' warned him, that he's gonna be dead in a minute, tossed the coin into the machine and went into character selection screen. Without hesitation, Mike did the same, and the large words NEW CHALLENGER flashed on the screen.

"All right, let's do this... Actually, I only played Tekken on my console, so give me a few secs to adjust myself with arcade controls, and I'm ready to rumble, k?"

Now, who should I pick?

That was a rhetorical question actually. Janet didn't looked (or sound) like a rookie, so Mike quickly decided to take the character, he was playing most often, and knew the most tricks.

There he was. Top row, 5th place from the left. Blade lookalike, with badass clothing and kickass Ninjutsu skills - Raven. Mike fell in love (not literally of course) with that guy from the first time he saw him. He used him a lot in battles with friends, and even checked some Tekken boards, for the list of pro 'must use', and punishable 'never use' moves. If the Pole was confident, he can really do much with any character, that was definitely Raven.

Mike pushed the confirmation button, and waited for Janet to pick her own fighter.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

((Dom Hoffman, Continued from Test of Courage.))

Dom smiled as he walked through the double doors, listening to the ambient music of the machines inside.

The Arcades. One of Dom Hoffman's favourite places.

Ever since he was a young boy, he'd been a fan of fighting games. From Street Figher, to Soul Calibur, to King of Fighters, to Mugen, Dom had probably played it. However, he always had a soft spot for Tekken.

However, The latest one was Tekken 5, and even that was getting close to four years old; Even If Dom had only picked it up about a year and a half prior. It was becomming increasingly rare in stores, and every time Dom had found a copy, it had either broken on him, or been too expensive for him to buy.

So the only way he could play it, was the arcade.

Dom walked over to the Tekken machine, and saw that there were a few people around it. He didn't really know any of them, but he stood back, not wanting to interfere out of politeness.

One of them chose their character, and Dom spoke, deciding to test himself against an actual person, not a CPU.

"Hey," he said, looking for change in his pockets "Can I play winner?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Carol Burke continued from Test of Courage))

"Ooooh..."

Carol had been to many arcades in her lifetime. For example, there was one back in Carson City, with many of the machines that came in such a place. Everything was there, from Pac-Man to Tekken. And, it was amazing.

And here she was, at another arcade. She had never been to this one before, for some reason. She had heard a lot about this place, but never actually went here. The reason why wasn't clear. However, even though it was a year ago, she still moved here fairly recently compared to most of her classmates. So, she might have just still learning about the various sites here in St. Paul.

And this one... was pretty good, too.

Like the one back home, it had everything. Sure, it was different, but it was still an arcade, that she could play in. Carol hadn't played in an arcade for a while, but she knew she would return multiple times over.

Ringing some of the quarters in the pocket of her jeans, Carol walked around, searching for a game to play. Having decided she wanted to play a fighting game, she walked to where she saw a couple of them standing nearby. However, one thing she noticed was that a group of three seemed to have crowded around the Tekken 5: DR machine, for whatever reason. She noticed that one of them was the guy who popped up in the alleyway, most likely due to her screaming.

Should I apologize, or should I...?

Without warning, Carol found herself walking towards the group, partly to apologize to the guy, and partly because... well, she wanted to see what was going on. After all, why were they crowding around a machine? Most likely, a fight was starting. The alley guy might have been their friend, or someone curious enough to watch. Perhaps he was waiting for the machine for himself, as well. The other two people, she recognized as students also from Bayview. The guy was also probably from the same school, and... well, it couldn't hurt to talk to your fellow students, right?

As she got closer, she confirmed to herself that the fight was indeed just starting, between a girl and another guy. They were in the character select screen, actually.

"Hey..." Carol began. "Do you mind if I stay here and watch? Heck... I could play with one of you guys once this one is over!"

She had seen them around a couple of times, after all. And, hey, it was nice to talk to your fellow students, right? If they didn't want her to watch, then she would leave to find another game. If they let her, she might make some new friends. Either way, things would work out.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Janet gave Mike a polite nod, signalling him the ok to play around with the controls briefly. After all, what fun is there in beating someone who doesn't know what they're doing?

As she watched him go through selection, she smirked at his final selection of character. Raven, eh? It'd been a while since she'd gone against a decent Raven player.

This will be fun.

"Hey. Can I play winner? "

Without even looking at her opponent, Janet's grin widened once again; Looks like all it took to get a few games going was to shout out that she wanted one!

Turning round (Talking with your back to people was the height of rudeness, she believed.), Janet looked up and down the new arrival. He definitely had that rough presence about him, but Janet had found that made little difference in fighting games. Truth be told, the geeks were the best opponents.

Oh well, this will still be fun!

"Of course you can; I'll be done in just a few moments!"

Laughing at her own joke, Janet smirked in her own friendly way at the new arrival. She'd seen him around Bayview too, but then she'd seen most people at Bayview. Being a cheerleader, she was one of the more well known people, which worked in the reverse. Didn't really matter that she was known as a cocky, violent cheerleader: infamous is still famous, after all!

Suddenly, she noticed another face was lingering behind the new guy: another guy, the shortest one yet, although this one seemed a bit more girly than the last two.

"Do you mind if I stay here and watch? Heck... I could play with one of you guys once this one is over!"

Awesome! This will be fun fun fun!

"Sure! We'll have a little tournament!"

Then it struck her.

Little? Why little?

Let's have a HUGE tournament.

Grinning her biggest grin yet, Janet, cupped her hands around her mouth and called her booming voice all around the arcade, with little regard for the ears of those in her immediate presence.

"Attention, gamers and gamer-ettes! The first annual official Saint Paul Tekken 5 Tournament will begin in one minute! Test your skills for the grand prize! Be here, or be queer!"

Very satisfied with her plan, despite how many people actually heard her over the noise of the gaming centre, she turned back to the other three members she had already accepted into the tournament.

"Hope you don't mind waiting a minute, but don't you think we should have as much of a blast with this as possible?"

Definitly.

This will be FUN.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

Truth to be told, Mike was getting kinda scared because of Janet. He met a lot of energetic people, and the same amount of overreacting people... But this? Now she was definitely happy, so there was no danger, but the Pole sure didn't want to meet her in a dark alley, while she was pissed off, that's for sure.

In the meanwhile two more people came, and declared readiness to play. Mike even thought about doing small tournament 'all vs all', but Janet was faster and announced some bigger stuff for lots of players. How she was going to organize it with only one machine, and nothing to even write down the scores? He had totally no idea.

Not to mention, it would be nice to ask others as well...

"4 is a nice number, I guess. We have only one machine, so if we'll take more people it will take ages to play even a single match. And what do you guys and girls think?"
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

"Sure! We'll have a little tournament!"

"Fine by me," Dom said, cracking his knuckles. "I got enough spare change for a few games."

More people to slaughter as Eddie Gourdo, any how.

Dom stood back a bit, as the girl's booming voice announced their tournament.

"Attention, gamers and gamer-ettes! The first annual official Saint Paul Tekken 5 Tournament will begin in one minute! Test your skills for the grand prize! Be here, or be queer!"

"AGH, JESUS CHRIST!" Dom shouted, clutching his head "MY EARS!"

He burst into laughter, and folded his arms again. To say he was overconfident wasn't too much of a stretch at this point.

"Hope you don't mind waiting a minute, but don't you think we should have as much of a blast with this as possible?"

Dom thought about it for a second, as one of the other 3 made their point pretty clear.

"Eh, I guess I'm okay either way." He said, "I don't mind waiting, but if we have too many guys here, it's gonna take forever on a single machine."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Tournament?!

Carol's lips formed into a big grin. Now she could show off her skills! Hopefully she could whup their butts at it, and show no mercy while doing so.

"Alright!" she shouted cheerfully. "I'm game! I will be willing to play in your tournament! I won't mind waiting at all!"

One of the boys -not the one from the alley- however, wanted it to be small and tiny, but wanted to hear what the rest of them had to say. Well, Carol just stated her opinion, didn't she? To be honest, though, she was ready for anything, so it didn't really matter in the end how they would play. It was a game, after all! She could have fun no matter if she won or lost, as long as the other person played fairly. And, if they cheated, most of the methods she could think of involved things that a judge would notice, and immediately take care of, like distracting the other player just at the right moment, with shiny things, asking a random question while it was going on, or having an attractive person do something that made them look away from the screen. There were probably more methods, but Carol couldn't think of any. It wasn't like she was going to cheat, after all.

Besides, the women in many games wore very little clothing themselves, thus providing enough of a distraction for anyone into that anyways.

Carol also noticed that the alley person was holding his ears from the noise, but laughing. Huh. She had to admit, the announcement from the girl was indeed loud. But, louder meant that more people knew about it, right? And if more people knew... the more fun she could have.

However, a question was on her mind. Turning to the other girl, she decided to ask it, and see if she'd answer. She probably would, seeing as she was the one hosting it.

"So... what is the grand prize? Is it a surprise prize?"
Slam

Post by Slam »

As the three other entrants talked amongst themselves about various details of the tournament, Janet kept her eye around for more participants of her rumble;, her grin turned into a pout as the other gamers in the arcade continued playing on their own machines. Apparently, people either hadn't heard her, or didn't care for what she said.

"Bah, it's their loss anyway."

Turning back to the other three again, she looked down at her opponents once more for another quick sum-up. Of course, she knew very well that you couldn't judge people's gaming skills from their appearance, but hopefully these three guys would give her a decent enough challenge, especially since she'd only be going against two of them now.

"So... what is the grand prize? Is it a surprise prize?"

Her smile returned after that. Hmm, to reveal the prize so soon, or to add an element of suspense to the small challenge.

Wait, have I actually thought of a prize yet?

Nope...

Better make it a surprise!

"Of course it's a surprise! It's more fun that way, after all." Janet replied to Carol, winking cheekily.

It still would've been nice if she could've said that in front of a large crowd, but there was no sense whining about what she wasn't going to have any time soon. There'd be plenty more competitions in life, after all.

"Well guys, looks like this is everyone that's interested." a slight frown resurfaced, but was quickly dismissed again, "But four people is better than no people, am I right or am I right?

Laughing slightly, Janet turned back to the machine; it was still on the character select screen, so it would only take a moment for her to go with her classic favourite: Julia Chang. Sure, she wasn't the highest character on the tier list, but she was the first one Janet tried out, and the first one she whooped ass with; if there was anyone Janet could win a game with, it was with Julia Chang.

Select a stage!

"Well Mikey, looks like it's you that's choosing a stage. Care to step up to the challenge?"

She grinned again; it may not be a grand tournament, but a fight is a fight either way.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

A prize? Since when we have any funds for prize? She MUST be bluffing. Not that it matters anyway...

4 people. They could go with semi-finals, finals and 3rd place match, but that would be only two fight either way, which would be kinda lame. Or they could...

"How about doing a group? You know, everyone will play with everyone, and we'll do some scoring like 3 points for the winner and 0 for loser. That way everyone will play one match more, and after losing one match you can still fight for the first or second place."

Mike left the others with the proposition to consider, while Janet finally took Julia and gave him the right to choose the stage. Probably every pro player would take that offer to make some advantage, for example to select stage without walls, if his character wasn't really good in a wall game. Mike however always cared more about the fun rather than winning. So instead of considering advantages and disadvantages of every map, he decided to pick his favorite one in terms of music and background - Shattered Dreams.

While selecting the map, Mike finally took a look at the controls. And then it came to him. When he was checking the pro-sites for good moves, they were always using 1,2,3,4 for punches and kicks, and he didn't really knew why they were using it instead of normal PS pad buttons. And now he knew. In fact that made things even easier, as he still remembered some of the combinations by those numbers.

"You know what? I changed my mind. I don't need any more time to get used to controls. Let's fight from the first second, k?"

Finally, Mike hit the last button, and two fighters appeared on the burning screen, as speaker shouted 'Get Ready For The Next Battle!'
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

Well, That's some overconfidence right there.

Dom had half a mind to keep on talking while they were playing, partly to distract them (afterall, less competition was always good) and partly because, well, It always seemed strange to be watching people play a game in silence.

After a while, Dom turned to the girl, who he swear he had saw earli-

It's the girl from the alleyway with that crazy guy!

Dom wondered if she'd remembered who he was, but didn't want to push it, considering the fact that he had pretty much stormed off with a huge box the moment she had even said hello to him.

The guy at the machine, who looked a bit like a metalhead, picked what had to be one of Dom's most hated stages, Ominous Mist. He sighed, and waited for them to begin playing.

This better be interesting
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

"Just four people, huh?"

Carol looked around, and saw it was just the four of them. Only four... on one hand, no one else was interested. On the other, things should go by quickly, so Carol, knowing her, wouldn't wander off partway through. In a way, it was both good and bad.

Wait, bad?

Carol smiled. It was all good. There were lot of good things in life if you just looked at it the right way, and this was one of them. Just the four of them, kicking each others' butts at Tekken. Simple, really.

The prize, though, was a secret. Carol had the slight feeling the other girl didn't know what it was just yet, but she shrugged it off. Eh, maybe it was just a surprise, and she didn't feel like sharing. Maybe. Who knew? This girl seemed rather... chaotic, she had to admit. But, she didn't seem to be that bad a person, right?

And now the ponytail guy made a suggestion for scoring; everyone plays everyone. Sounded like a great idea, really! In fact, it could have solved all remaining problems! She hoped that the other girl and the alley-man would be receptive to the idea, but... time to add what she thought about it.

"Got it! Sounds good!" she cheerfully shouted, as he and the girl picked their characters and other settings.

As the match started, she briefly glanced at the alley-man. The last time she saw him, he was running around with a box full of things, and before anyone could say anything, had left in a rush. To be fair, she had screamed like something out of hell, and he had probably run off to save someone who he thought was being hurt.

After a few seconds pause, she said "... Aren't you that guy from the alley? With a box?"
Slam

Post by Slam »

Winner!

Janet smiled; her perfect point victory shining back at her from the screen. Whilst Mike had definitely proven to be tougher than the computer, he was still no match for the mighty Janet Claymont!

"Ah well Mikey, better luck next time, eh?"

Chuckling slightly to herself, she turned back to the other two contestants in her little tournament.

"Looks like it's you two up next then. Good luck!"

Stepping away from the machine to free up the controls for the incoming fight, Janet smiled at Mike; for a sportsman, he definitely knew his way around the controls; but then again, she was a cheerleader who could lay down some serious game, so she could hardly make judgements.

"Hey, it was a good game Mikey. I look forward to the next one."

Whilst it wasn't the perfect challenge she had been hoping for, she still enjoyed playing against a civil opponent. The kids that usually hung around the arcade could be so whiny, with comments like "But you're six years older than me!" and "Stop rubbing it in my face!"; a little common courtesy in defeat was a very refreshing thing.

Smiling quietly in pleasant thoughts at Mike, she felt a rubbing on her leg. Realising the source, she reached down into her pocket and flipped open her phone, answering with her characteristic greeting:

"You got Janet; how can I help?" She had to plug up her other ear to block out the loud noise of the arcade.

"Janet, something's come up and I need to go out for a few hours. Can you come home and take care of Joe for me?"

It was her mom on the other end, asking her to go look after her little brother.

Sure, Janet would have liked to have continued with her tournament, but she couldn't ever say no to taking care of Joe. In truth, she knew that he was old enough and capable of looking after himself for a few hours, but neither her nor her mother were willing to accept that situation as necessary. After all, she loved her little brother, and she could sacrifice one more round of video games for his sakes.

"Sure mom, I'll be there in ten." Flicking it back shut again, she turned to the three other competitors.

"Sorry guys, something's come up at home. I'll have to play the winner another time." Her grin had retreated into a calm smile at this point, occupied with thoughts of what she'd do instead for the evening at home. She could probably finish that homework she was two weeks overdue with, she supposed. "I'll see you all around at school."

Picking up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder, she walked towards the door, turning one more time for a wave off and sayonara, before walking out the arcade to start her journey back home.

"Catch you on the horizon."

((Continued in High Gloss Highs))
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans

Return to “Events”