Bowling for Stew

open

Boasting 16 bowling lanes and blue-ribbon eating, All-Star Bowling just recently opened its doors in town, making it one of the new local hotspots. Friday and Saturday nights include live performances from many local bands, and Mr. Swanson, the company CEO, is always standing behind the counter eagerly awaiting new customers with a jolly smile.
Sunnybunny

Bowling for Stew

Post by Sunnybunny »

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to study in the bowling alley. Samya had a biology test tomorrow and she couldn't focus at home. She was just going to go the library but she figured that being in a new environment might help her. One hour later, she'd found that was a lie. It wasn't as if she needed to make a particularly good grade. It was just that she hadn't glanced at her notes all week and didn't want to bomb out. She was an expert of learning material on the fly, though. When she went home, she would try studying again and let that be that.

Oh well. Since I'm here I might as well have fun with it.

The bowling alley was packed, as usual. Bowling might have not have been as popular as hockey here, but it was well received enough. As for Sammy, football was her sport of choice. In fact, she was wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey with a matching hat. She had noticed people giving her odd looks today, and one guy outright asked why in the hell she was supporting the cowgirls. Not that she really cared. Everyone had a right to an opinion. Even if the person was a complete jerk.

She put ten dollars into the jukebox. It was enough to ensure she and everyone else would be listening would be listening to upbeat hip-hop the whole time she was here. She didn't mind other types of music, but certainly didn't want to listen to downer music at a bowling alley. Since she wasn't leaving anytime soon, she went to go pay for a game.

There was one empty lane at the end of the building. She ran to snag it for herself, and just beat a couple of guys to it. They gave her a harsh glare. Whoopsie. Grabbing the lightest ball she saw, she decided to leave the bumpers down. She wanted to test her real skill, as she had never bowled without them down before. After she put the bumpers down, she rolled the ball down the lane. It promptly landed in the gutter.

This is gonna be fun. I think I know what my skill is now though . . .

Thirty minutes (and several gutterballs) later, Sammy had had enough. It wasn't so much the fact that she'd lost miserably. It was . . . no, the fact that she sucked at bowling was pretty much why she was so annoyed. At least she tried. She always thought that nothing beat a failure but a try. She wouldn't be trying this again anytime soon, though.

((Samya Franklin continued in Debate Exposes Doubt))
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses

Return to “All-Star Bowling”