Enjoy the Movie

Open

Boasting some of the best popcorn you could ever get your hands on, Sunset Cinema is a prime dating spot for local couples around the area. Couples, or even just large groups of friends, can usually be seen flocking into this theater on the weekends, while the more cash-conscious viewers seem to stick to the matinee. The ticket cost in this place is a little outrageous, but the snack bar more than makes up for it.
Slam

Post by Slam »

"Two tickets for Wanted, right." Janet replied slowly to Marty, still tired by the monotony of her job. Spinning on her stool to face the small computer she had been using non-stop all day, she idly clacked in the name of the movie onto the machine, drumming her fingers on the desk as she waited for the slow processor to bring up the information. At least this one wasn't a Spanish film.

Within seconds the movie poster had flashed up onto the monitor, along with all the starting times listed in plain view underneath. Looking at the clock in the bottom corner of the screen, it took a few moments before the half-awake Janet was able to locate the next showing film. "Two tickets then, starting at two-thirty." she answered, uncaring towards the fact that the film wasn't set to start for the next forty minutes.

For all she knew the customers might have been complaining whilst she returned to putting in the information, but frankly she couldn't give a rat's ass at that moment and so turned a deaf ear to it; all she wanted was to get through the queue as fast as possible. Besides, if they wanted to see the film they'd probably checked it ahead of time anyway, for all she cared.

Drearily punching in the numbers into the keyboard, Janet glanced over to the pair ahead of her, where she finally noticed that the taller, hairier one seemed to be staring at her a little. Raising her eyebrow slightly at his transfixed state, she shrugged it off and returned to her work. Whilst creepy, it wasn't exactly the first time people had stared at her, since she was pretty damn hot after all.

Finally, two tickets printed out of the machine with an idle vroom, the movie details on the paper in fresh ink. Tearing them both out of the printer, she pulled them apart with an unenthusiastic tug, offering them up to both of the customers with one hand each. "That'll be seven dollars and ninety nine cents each."
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Uh yeah, a movie."

"Sure, sure. That's cool."

Nick took the boy's hand, though David hadn't offered it, and started shaking it vigorously.

"My name's Nick LeMonde, nice to meet you David. Do you prefer David or Dave?"

Nick dropped David's hand and looked up at the movie listings. He still didn't really know what he was going to see.

"You go to Bayview, right? Senior right?"

Nick cocked his head to the side to inspect the boy further. He was tall, thin, though not particularly muscled. He took one of the David's arms and lifted it to the level of his shoulder.

"I don't see you 'round much at any of the sporting events at school. Not the clubs either. Ever thought about joining the wrestling team? We always need guys for the lower weight divisions and I can totally teach you. No pressure or anything. It's just a great way to meet people."

Nick poked a little at the boy's rib cage, trying to estimate how much he probably weighed. Out of the corner of his periphery Nick noticed a girl stand in line behind them.

"Hu, theater is getting busy. And I still don't know what to watch. What are you thinking of seeing? "
Leonshade†

Post by Leonshade† »

"Nick LeMonde", the boy said his name was as he was shaking David's hand. David felt a little uncomfortable about Nick's overly eager handshake, but he no longer felt threatened by his size. "He may be aggressively social, but otherwise he seems like a nice guy," David thought as Nick dropped his hand.

"Uh, people usually call me David," he responded to Nick's question about what he preferred to be called, "but you can call me Dave if you want."

"Yeah, I'm a senior at Bayview."

Nick started talking about extracurricular activities, particularly sport clubs while he apparently inspected David's athletic abilities. "This feels really weird," David thought, but let Nick do his thing. "Wrestling team? I appreciate the offer, but I've never been that good with sports."

David noticed a blonde girl getting in line behind the two of them. "Oh, I was thinking of seeing Wanted. It seems like a nice flick to kill a couple of hours with," David said, not wanting to tell him about the real reason he's there.. David was never one to bother others with his problems, and telling someone he barely knows about his nightmares or past tragedies didn't seem like a sensible thing to do.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Leonshade. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Wanted? Hell, yeah. Angelina Jolie is smoking hot!"

Nick's eyes suddenly bulged and he stuck his hands in his pockets looking for his phone. Finally he found it and fumbled as he tried to open it. He slapped his hand to his forehead.

"Aw man, I forgot that today the book I put on reserve is due back in the library today. If I don't pick it up by the end of today it's not gonna be on hold anymore."

He threw his phone back into his bag and threw his bag over his shoulder.

"I gotta go man, but it was nice ta meet ya."

Nick grabbed his hand again and gave it another vigorous shake. He turned and nearly crashed into the girl behind him. Nick narrowly avoided bringing them both to the floor and apologized before heading back to the door.

"Nice to meet you Dave. Think about what I said about those clubs. There's a club for everyone!"

With that he ran out of the movie theater back into the heat.

((Continued in Book Pick Up))
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Two tickets for Wanted, right."

"Uh, yeah..." Answered Marty, who turned to his friend Joshua as he snapped back to reality. "Yeah, two tickets..." Replied the tall wannabe rocker.

"Two tickets then, starting at two-thirty."

This caused Marty to raise his eyebrow somewhat as he checked the time. 1:54? Ah crap, that means we've got to wait forty-ish minutes for it to start!

"Hey Josh! I thought you said the movie was playing at 2:00?" he asked his long haired film.
"Yeah! I'm sure it was!" Joshua replied. "... I think, 99% sure about it..." He added.

Marty sighed. There wasn't really much he could do about it now, after all it wasn't as if he could complain about it or something. Besides, the girl attending the tills didn't even seem conscious enough to notice.

"That'll be seven dollars and ninety nine cents each."

The two hadn't noticed the others in the queue yet, although they could tell that more people had arrived from the sound of conversations starting around them. Still, they took little note of this as they dug their pockets for the loose change they brought with them for the tickets. Marty emptied the contents of his pockets, namely a five dollar bill and three dollar's worth in quarters. Josh however seemed to have some slight trouble with his money.

"Say Marty. Would you mind, uh, sparing a dime?"

Marty sighed as he gave Josh two spare nickels in his pocket. All he had left now was a ten dollar bill to spend on popcorn and drinks. Josh placed his loose change in a small pile next to Marty's money, mainly consisting of nickels, dimes and the occasional quarter. Marty couldn't help but feel slightly embarrassed. Great. Today he decides to get rid of his loose change... Well, I don't want to have to wait around for the living anachronism to have his money counted...

"Hey Josh, i'm just gonna go get us some popcorn or something... Anything you'd like in particular?"
"PEPSI MAX!" Joshua replied heartily. Marty nodded and headed off to the popcorn stand as Joshua turned his attention back to Janet.

After a few seconds or so, he finally managed to bring himself to ask something he'd wanted to ever since he recognised the girl.

"Say, uh... I don't wanna seem creepy or anything, but... Do I know you from somewhere? I could have sworn I've seen your face before...." he asked, praying to god that he didn't sound like a huge pervert as he did so.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fiori. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

"Hey, be careful!" Miranda called out to the boy who had nearly knocked her and the other guy off their feet. She heard an apology from him at least, but before she could say anything else, the kid had disappeared out through the doorway. "What was that all about?" she muttered to no one in particular while subconsciously brushing a hand through the blonde bang hanging over her eye.

Thankfully for Miranda, Nick's sudden departure meant there was one less person in the queue, which equated to less time waiting. 'Make that three less now, the two up front just got their tickets, didn't they?' she wondered. There was no one else behind her, so if those two were indeed finished with being served, it would be just her and David making up the queue. Excellent.

One of the pair, sporting a ponytail that rivalled hers, walked away towards the confections stands. The other stayed where he was and started talking to the ticket clerk. And judging from the snippets of his conversation that Miranda could hear, he wasn't asking about what screen his film was showing at, or where the restrooms were. 'Oh come on, can't you wait until we're all served first before striking up a conversation with her?' Miranda mentally groaned. She turned to the guy that Nick had been talking with, knowing his name to be David.

"So, you're from Bayview as well?" she asked him, hoping that starting a conversation with the guy would take her mind off having to wait for who knows how long. "Sorry, I overheard you and the other guy talking."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler JamesRenard. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Janet shrugged, blowing air out of her lips in a raspy sound of disinterest: fuck knows where this guy had seen her before, and fuck if she cared. Her priority was still to get through this queue as fast as possible so that she could go back to wasting away her afternoon doing absolutely nothing fun whatsoever.

"I don't know sir." she answered honestly, though the lack of enthusiasm squirmed its way into her tone. Moving her head to the side, she looked behind him and was reminded that the queue was not empty, and that she still had people to serve, much to her dismay. There weren't many left at all now, but damn if she had any enthusiasm left at all.

"Please move aside sir, there's a line behind you." she told Josh blankly, pointing her finger at the people behind him to illustrate her point. She really couldn't sit there all day and have a random conversation: her boss could show up at any moment. Actually, that wouldn't be so bad, because then maybe he'd see he'd only staffed one freakin' ticket girl to serve the entire theatre.

"Enjoy the movie." she continued carelessly, not bothering to pay attention to whether or not he had heeded her request to move, instead returning to doodling idly on a piece of paper. She knew that she was hardly being a model employee, but once again she lacked any motivation to give a damn.

"Next!" she called up, not taking her eyes up off her meaningless scribbles, save to drift her vision over her iPhone and discover that Chadd had yet to text her back, causing a small sigh to emanate from her lips.

Finally, she put her pencil down with a light clack and turned her attention back up to the queue, raising an eyebrow at the person in front of her, as if to say 'get on with it already.'

((Janet Claymont continued in A Wonderful Time))
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

'Uh, hello, David? I talked to you? Are you giving me the silent treatment or something?' Miranda exasperatedly thought. The boy in front didn't reply to her, and now the ticket clerk was calling him over to be served, prematurely ending the conversation before it had even begun.

A slight vibration started up in the back pocket of her denim shorts, making Miranda jump slightly. She reached into the pocket and pulled out her purple cell phone which continued to quietly shake in her hand, notifying her of an incoming call from her dad. 'I thought I turned this thing off! I did, didn't I...? Oh wait, I only set it to silent! That was clever.'

Rolling her eyes, Miranda pressed the answer button and put the phone up to her ear. "Hi dad... I'm in the cinema, standing in the queue... no, I haven't bought any tickets yet, why?" There was a longer pause from the girl as her father talked to her. "Oh yeah? Yeah, I'll be right over, see you soon, bye."

Miranda shoved the phone back into her pocket. "Never mind, I have to run, going out to dinner with my folks," she said to the back of David. 'If you're even paying attention to me,' she added as a literal afterthought. She left the back of the queue and quickly walked out through the main doors, making her way to the nearest bus stop to make her way back home.

((Miranda Merchant - Pregame End))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler JamesRenard. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"I don't know sir... Please move aside sir, there's a line behind you..."

"Ah... Uh, sorry. Um... Nevermind, forget that I said anything..." Joshua said quickly, his words getting jumbled up somewhat.

It wasn't often that Josh got embarrassed from something someone said. After all, HE'S usually the guy whose causing people to become embarrassed rather then the other way around. But if theres one thing that never fails to turns his cheeks red its looking like an idiot in front of girls. Especially cute ones. And right now, Joshua Krakowski's cheeks were definitely a bright shade of red.

"Enjoy the movie... Next!"

Joshua nodded quickly and moved out of the way, letting the next person in que move along. He walked up to where Marty was standing, still wondering where he recognized the girl from. Marty stood there silently, carrying two tubs full of popcorn and a Pepsi Max for Joshua. He was starting to regret having brought the food so early, after all according to the girl they had over half an hour to go before the movie actually started. Still, not much he could do about it now. Besides, here was Josh to liven things up a bit.

"What took you?" asked Marty.

"Huh? Oh, I just wanted to ask her something..."

"REALLY? That was a bit forward of you, wasn't it?"

"Wha? I don't get it..."

Marty shook his head in disbelief. "Nevermind... Look, hows about we head out and come back later for 02:30?"

"Really? With, like, the popcorn an' everything?" Said Josh, taking a big slurp of his drink.

"Yeah, why not..."

"Hmm... Ok then! I say we head to the DVD store first. Last time we were there I could of sworn I saw Mortal Kombat for sale in the pre-owned section!" replied the wannabe rocker as he headed to the door with Marty.

"You DO realise we wouldn't be able to buy it even if it was still there, right?"

"Well DUH! I just wanna check to see its still there, thats all..."

Marty just chuckled to himself as he and Josh left the cinema, heading down the street carrying two tubs of popcorn and a Pepsi Max. It was an odd sight, definitely. Two guys of unequal heights leaving a cinema still carrying their snacks. Marty knew this especially, but he didn't care. The sun was still shining brightly in the sky, and within half an hour they'll be watching a mindless action movie with his best friend. From the looks of things, it'd be a pretty swell evening.

Then, from out of nowhere, Josh clicked his fingers. "Janet Claymont, the cheerleader babe from school! THATS where I recognized her from!"

Sigh... Never a dull moment.

((Josh and Marty continued in Earlier that evening...))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fiori. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

((Joe and Rose continued from Running Free. Ninja edit to synch up better with Gambit's post.))

An Audi pulled up to the movie theater. Its doors opened, and out stepped a large Latino and a somewhat smaller Romanian girl.

The two got into the queue in front of the ticket booth, and when they got close enough for him to read it, the Latino, Joe Rios, looked up at the board showing today's showtimes. A large "SOLD OUT" sticker adorned each showing of Iron Man up until approximately 11:30 PM; at the moment, it was about 2:05.

Iron Man's sold out!? Damn! I wanted to see that, he thought to himself. An angry expression quickly flashed across his face before he dispelled it and looked to Rose Codreanu, his partner in "crime."

"Hey, Iron Man's sold out. Anything else you wanna see?" Joe asked Rose, in a somewhat dejected tone. Rose looked up at the board of showtimes herself, and immediately perked up.

"Oh hey, Wanted starts at 2:30! Let's go see that!" Rose had made her choice. Joe was slightly taken aback; this didn't really mesh with her personality at all.

"You sure? That doesn't really seem like your-" Joe was interrupted by Rose pouting at him. She was so adorable when she was mildly annoyed; in fact he'd had somewhat of a crush on her for quite a while, but he had no intention of going through with that anytime soon. "All right, then. That does look like a pretty good movie, anyways." This turn of events must have amused the couple behind them, as Joe could faintly hear one of them saying that he and Rose were bickering like an old married couple.

It is truly an odd day when people you don't even know are shipping you with the only person you could really call a true friend. Joe shrugged it off and continued in the line. He looked at Rose.

Rose's face was stricken with a strange kind of fear. The kind where when you see it, you just want to hug the person and tell them everything will be alright. Joe, however, restrained himself from this.

"Hey, Rose, you doing okay?" he asked her.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Just a bad gut feeling."

The line advanced, they bought their tickets, and they walked into the theater lobby.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

(Continued from Weed is the new tobacco)

Daniel Vaughan hopped slightly as he walked from the parking lot to the movie theater. He was kinda happy, it been awhile since he saw a movie and this one looked good. Taking careful care to carefully check if he had the money, he walked up to the ticket counter who was staffed by somebody who looked like they were Dr. Wily after a mega-beatdown. He got up to the ticket booth as he grinned widely. "Hi, I would like one ticket for Want....never mind" Daniel said as he saw that would of ended too late, he had to go pick up Jude from his soccer lessons.

(Daniel continued in School's Out Forever, Part One)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler gambit508.

Return to “Sunset Cinema”