Love Means What it Means

When you don't have to say you're sorry...

Boasting some of the best popcorn you could ever get your hands on, Sunset Cinema is a prime dating spot for local couples around the area. Couples, or even just large groups of friends, can usually be seen flocking into this theater on the weekends, while the more cash-conscious viewers seem to stick to the matinee. The ticket cost in this place is a little outrageous, but the snack bar more than makes up for it.
Brackie

Love Means What it Means

Post by Brackie »

((Brendan Wallace continued from Ego Sum Volo Futurus))

As Brendan walked up to the large, nicely decorated cinema, he was happy. Happy that even though he was leaving this place in a few months or years, he actually did make an effort to make real friends. Just like his therapist told him to. Happy that he was going to see the new video-game movie, which was promised to not completely suck like most of the others. 'Crysis' was promised to be groundbreaking, and he believed the reviews. Sure, his opinion usually drastically differed, but was there any blame in hoping?

And finally, he was happy that he had invited these three particular people along: Chase, Lexie, and Erik. Chase was a very nice girl. She could barely reach his chin, heightwise, but she made him smile. Lexie Logan-Price was a different case altogether. She was blunt, she was obviously bulimic, and she had a weird hair colour; even considering that, she was fun to be around, despite how unlikely a friend she might be. And then there was Erik. Erik Laurin. For some reason, Brendan had him on his mind for the last week. Nearly everything about him was memorable. His optimistic attitude, his nice hair, the way he dressed, the-
Wait a second. I usually don't think about that stuff. So why am I now?
Was he...getting a crush on Erik Laurin? The most openly gay g-
Wait, why do I keep mentioning that? Why does it matter? I'm gay as well! Well, yes, I go both ways, but it's the same thing in a way!

Brendan eyed his watch. It was nearly 6:30. He walked over to the wall, and leaned slightly against it. He was hoping they all came, like they said. He was hoping.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Anna Chase continuing in from Food For Thought))

She could feel the wind blowing in her face as she rushed to the cinema on her bicycle. It wasn't too far off from home, and was close enough to bike there, mind you, but it payed off to be there on time, for obvious reasons.

But, one thing was certain. Chase was going to enjoy this movie, with Brendan, Lexie, and this "Erik" person. She was sure the name rang a bell, but it might have been only in passing. Maybe she had a conversation with him before, or maybe his name was read off during attendance or something. Eh, best to see what he looks like, to confirm if you know him.

And so, the cinema was only a few feet away. Chase felt her long dark hair stop flying behind her as much when she slowed down, and soon enough, she was taking off her helmet, placing it inside a drawstring bag large enough (though neglecting to remove her knee and elbow pads), and locking her bike up against the bicycle parking stand. Slinging the bag over her shoulder, she started to head towards the theater, in a good mood.

After a bit of looking, she spotted Brendan, looking at his watch. Chase felt herself enter a slight jog as she approached him.

"Ah! There you are!" she cheerfully announced herself.

Now to find the other two! Maybe that Erik guy was around, but where was Lexie? Maybe they were in the bathroom or something. Or maybe they got their tickets already, and were waiting in the cinema. Who knew?
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

((Lexie Logan-Price continued from Food for Thought ))

The bitten tips of her turqouise nails scraped against the door, before her palm pushed it shut with a creek. The sound of the water rushing around and around in the toilet bowl was still heavy in her ears. She'd done it again. She got at home at around 4pm and had something to eat soon after because she'd miss dinner, being at the movies and all. Left over corn on the cob, veggies and potato from the night before. Two hours later and it was being sucked through the waterpipes under Sunset Cinema and to infinity and beyond.

Her tounge was sore, and she felt the outline of her lips beginning to sting and burn. She looked at herself in the mirror, as she went over to the row of sinks and made a mental joke about how she looked like an addict. She planted both hands on the counter and spat what remained into the peach coloured bowl, then washed it away with some cold tapwater. She splashed some into her face, streaking her makeup before cupping it in her hands and drinking it, to wash the taste of her stomach away.

She looked back into her mascara framed eyes, and walked over to a paper towel dispenser on the wall and began to pull out a stream of tissue. As she walked back over to the sink, and the soles of her indigo converse-allstars unwillingly clung to the sticky tiles she picked at the tissue nervously, slowly shredding it into a pile of confetti. She blew the small parts away, and removed her makeup with the rest, each time it moved across her eye and she looked back into the mirror she became more and more aware of how ugly she was under that mask of cosmetics.

She swallowed a dry lump in her throat and fished in her patchwork purse for her polkadot makeup bag and a box of tic tacs. She popped them into her mouth and chewed them with her yellowing teeth, before pulling a tube of foundation, squeezing the peach coloured goo onto her fingertips. As she dabbed it at her face, and massaged it in she thought about the others for a second.

Chase, one of her besties, Brendan that guy from the cafeteria and Erik the guy she talked to once or twice and to be honest, was kind of hot. Shame he was a fruit. A small eternity passed as she fixed up her face before that mirror, ready to wear it with pride and confidence for an hour or two in a dark movie theatre before asking her mom to pick her up in the Logan-Price's Honda. As she applied her lip liner, ever so carefully framing those lips and covering the blemishes, she wondered if the others would share popcorn with her. She'd politely refuse, of course.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KelleyA. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

((Erik Laurin continued from Ego Sum Volo Futurus))

Erik pretty much knew from the second he stepped into the house that he was going to be late for the movie date. His father was nowhere to be seen, a quick call to the restaurant confirming that they'd gotten a bad shipment of seafood and he was frantically trying to sort things out, the twins had both been home 'sick' all day and were now bouncing off the walls, and Kimberly was in one of her moods.

Sure enough, by the time he finally escaped he was already ten minutes past when he would ideally have left the house, and his phone was out of battery when he went to call Brendan. Hoping against hope that the other teens would wait for him, he shot through traffic as fast as was safely possible, finally squeaking into the parking lot only five minutes after they said they would meet.

Leaping out of the car, he jogged to the entrance of the movie theater, letting out a sigh of relief at the sight of Brendon and Chase. Lexie wasn't there, which meant that hopefully they weren't only waiting for him.

"Hey, guys!" He slowed to a walk as he approached, absently pulling his long blonde hair back into a ponytail. He hadn't been entirely sure of the dress code, but he'd gone for date-casual (not that it was a date - Brendan was a sweetie and all, but not particularly Erik's taste. He had his heart set on bigger game, after all...), combining a button-down green striped shirt with jeans and clean sneakers. His ubiquitous bracelets were still there, of course, and he'd jazzed things up with a silver hoop through his right ear.

"You weren't waiting for me, were you?" He chewed his lower lip, jamming his hands in his pockets. "I'm so sorry, I would've called but my phone died."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

It was about 15 minutes until someone recognized Brendan's prescience. During that time, he was deep in thought, shoulder-bag over his...shoulder, small wiry earbuds leeching out of it, and deep in thought.
So. What was he going to do about it?
Okay, I'll just think calm and rationally about this. I'm crushing on Erik. So, is this a sign? Should I maybe, I dunno, ask him out for real? Should I do it tonight, or should I wait? If I ask him tonight, then Chase will know. Am I ready to come out this time? Maybe if I took a small step and a HUGE step at the same time, and like, I dunno, asked him to prom, it could...bah. Hmm, so many many questions-
Brendan paused thinking about this conundrum for a moment while he checked his watch again. Uh, six forty f-
"Ah! There you are!"

Chase, Anna Chase, his manic pixie girl full of life, had arrived. She had obviously gotten here by bike, because she hadn't taken her equipment off. He smiled up at her, or rather down at her, as she got closer, and flicked the earbuds out of his ears.
"Hey, Chase. Glad to see you could make it!" Brendan said. He liked to get into the cinema early, just that little bit early. But who cares?

Almost instantly after Chase arrived, he heard someone else speak to him, and his smile became just that little bit larger.
"Hey, guys!"
Erik had arrived. The whole gang was he- wait, what about Lexie, could she not come? Was she just very fashionably late? Or was she already inside? Anyway it didn't matter now, he had to introduce the new meeters. That wasn't a word.
"Oh, hey Erik!" Brendan said as he walked up.

"You weren't waiting for me, were you? I'm so sorry, I would've called but my phone died."
"Oh, don't worry, I was a bit early, so...well, anyway, I should probably, um, introduce you. Okay, Chase, Erik, Erik, Chase."

6:46.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Chase smiled up at Brendan, like a puppy that had just gotten into mischief.

"Alright, so we're here. That only leaves-"

And, just at that moment, she heard someone shout out "Hey guys!", and spun around to see the source. A guy with blond hair, just a bit taller than Brendan, was now heading towards them. So, this was this Erik Laurin person, correct? Well, she was almost 90% sure that it would be him, based on his reaction to Brendan. And, then this was confirmed by Brendan himself developing a large grin as he greeted him.

Erik... seemed a little upset at being late. Wait, they were late? Damn, Chase should keep a watch on her, to make sure this doesn't happen. Ah well. According to Brendan, he was early, and liked to be that way, so... they shouldn't worry? Chase guessed so.

And then Brendan introduced Erik and Chase to each other. She stuck out her hand to greet him.

"Nice to meet you Erik! My first n-name's Anna, b-but I usually go by Chase, my last name", she told Erik, a small smile forming.

Looking around, she then turned to Brendan and asked "Have you seen Lexie anywhere?"

Where was she? Well, perhaps Chase was correct, and she bought her tickets already. Or maybe she was late, too? Ah well. Might as well talk to Brendan and Erik a bit, then? Guess so!
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

Erik grinned as Brendan introduced them. It wasn't like he didn't know Anna, after all, they had a couple classes together - but she seemed to have forgotten too, so he obligingly shook her hand, almost engulfing it in his own large fingers. Sometimes he hated being so tall. It was just so damn awkward.

But then Chase was commenting on how Lexie wasn't here yet, and he could breathe another sigh of relief. So she hadn't canceled, and he wasn't the one holding them all up. Although, he thought, checking his watch (a battered plastic thing with Mickey Mouse on the face, hands pointing to the time - it had been a present from someone at Christmas and he'd never bothered getting another), she hopefully wouldn't be much longer. They were cutting it kind of fine as it was, and he'd hate to miss any of the movie.

"Maybe call her," he suggested. "Or me and Chase can grab everyone's tickets and popcorn and stuff so when she does come we're ready? She can pay me back, I don't care."

((Erik Laurin continued in Decisions, Decisions))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Nice to meet you Erik! My first n-name's Anna, b-but I usually go by Chase, my last name".

Brendan kept his smile plastered on his face throughout. Even though it was a COMPLETELY new experience, it was great to see people meet. That was weird, wasn't it? Probably, but...the point stood.

"Have you seen Lexie anywhere?"
"Actually, no, I thought maybe she would be with you," Brendan enquired. He had originally thought other thoughts about where she could be, but it wasn't something to stand around questioning about until the movie began. Maybe he-
"Maybe call her," Erik had asked, taking the thoughts right out of his head. Funny, that.
"Or me and Chase can grab everyone's tickets and popcorn and stuff so when she does come we're ready? She can pay me back, I don't care."
"Um, okay, I'll just call her. You two could...introduce yourselves a bit more, and, um, I'll join you in a sec."

Brendan took out his phone, a silver damaged thing, and scrolled down the contacts list until he found Lexie. "Lexie Price" it was, and he pressed the green button to start the call. As he held up the phone to his ear, he began thinking again.
Can I really come out, though? I've never even bought anything remotely gay or bi. Is there anything bi? Meh, who cares! The point is, I'm not sure if I'm ready to actually come out yet. Granted, I'll never meet any of these people ever again, sans college or possibly going to the same town as them. In Norway? Yeah right. If I do come out, can I? Who should I do it too? Chase and Erik are great starts. They are friends - well, Erik is a pseudo-friend and Chase is one of my only friends. What better person to share it with? A guy who I definitely have feelings for and my best friend. But would he-
Brendan was way too deep in thought to notice that the phone wasn't ringing. A second later, the answering machine (was it still called that?) came on, blaring Lexie's jaring voice throughout. Her phone wasn't on. So it wasn't possible for her to be contacted at all.

Well, he wasn't waiting around for someone who didn't even have the decency to call and say she wasn't coming. He flipped his phone closed, and started muttering indistinguishable phrases under his breathe. His father taught him to do that instead of swearing. Not that he never swore, he just...didn't do it in public.

Walking back to Chase and Erik, he looked up gloomily.
"She isn't picking up. I, uh, think her phone's turned off. Not even a dial tone or anything," Brendan paused for a moment, and spoke again "So I don't think she's coming."

((Sorry for the waaaait ))

((Brendan Wallace continued in Light up the Night))
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

As Erik shook her hand, she could not help but notice that her hand was much, much smaller than his. At that point, she got a firm reminder of just how tiny she was. It did not help that so many people at Bayview were, for some reason, very tall, so she often felt towered over.

She was sure that she had seen him around, possibly in one of her classes. The name sounded kind of familiar, too, so it was possible. Of course it was possible, they went to the same school, obviously.

At her question, Erik replied that they should call her, or that he should take Chase and get the tickets and food. Sounded good to her!

"I agree with Erik. I think I'll be the one that g-gets the fffood. How does that sound?"

Chase spun around and took a few more steps towards the entrance. She had brought enough money to not only pay for her ticket, but to buy a large enough popcorn for four people. Hopefully Lexie was going to show up, soon enough. But, as she almost opened the door, Brendan ran up, and started speaking again.

Lexie's phone was off? Oh dear. So they could not contact her...

So, where was she? Was she a no-show, then? Possibly, or maybe... she was already inside? Maybe. After all, cinema rules were to turn off your phone before the movie started, to avoid disrupting the fellow viewers. So, maybe she should be already inside the cinema itself?

"Ah... maybe she went in already? After all, the rules are to turn y-your phone off. In any case, we should get inside."

It felt kind of bad, to watch the film without her. But, it was no use waiting for her while the movie was playing, if she wasn't going to show up. Then again, as noted, she could already be in the actual cinema. Perhaps the next time she talked to her, she could interrogate her on why she was not there. Hopefully it was something that would be considered a good reason, right?

((Anna Chase continued in The Odd Couple))

Return to “Sunset Cinema”