Burger Time

Remy and the Ishida twins; open to anyone else

It's your normal mall food court. Eateries are in place to serve the high brow and the low brow, the extravagant and the money-minding. Pizza, pasta, hamburgers, Oriental, you name it, it's here. A vast sea of tables and chairs sprawls forth from the food court, and it never seems to be empty.
Rocky†

Burger Time

Post by Rocky† »

((Reika Ishida Continued from My Mild Traumatic Brain Injury))
((Reiko Ishida Continued from Sanctuary))

Reika weaved her way through the small crowd that always inhabited the mall, both hands laden with plastic shopping bags from various stores. Mostly clothing, although she had stopped into the music store and couldn't help but pick up a couple books of new music to play. Overall, she had been happy with her little trip, and now made her way toward the food court. The girl arrived just before the initial dinner rush, and was able to snag a two seater for her and her sister. Neatly stacking her bags beside her chair, Reika sat down. Scanning the various fast food choices, she mentally took note of her choices. Let's see... McDonalds... eww.... KFC... no thanks.... Oh! I haven't had A&W for awhile, I think I'll ge- Reika's train of thought was broken by the joyful tweeting of her text notification. Pulling the phone out of her pocket, she flipped it open to see a message from her sister.

Ran into a new friend (not like that, calm yourself) and invited him to dinner, hope you don't mind. Love ya. The small girl couldn't help but laugh at Reiko's little ending tag. She was beginning to wonder if that hit to her head had effected a bit more than her balance. Although not noticeable to most, Reika was able to see minute details in her sister's mannerisms that were not normal for her. Plus she seemed to have been super friendly recently, making a few new friends.

Sending off a quick reply, Reika closed her phone and slipped it back into the pocket of her jeans. After a moment, she realized that the food court was rapidly starting to fill up. This wouldn't normally bother her, except she remembered that it wasn't going to be just her and her sister now. With a slight start, Reika carefully picked up her bags, and hurriedly tried to find another table, one with four seats. Amazed at how quickly the area had filled with people in such a short amount of time, Reika managed to find an empty table, and practically dashed towards it. Thankfully, no one else had had their eyes on this particular table, so really, Reika was just expending energy needlessly, not that this crossed her mind. All that mattered to her was she got the table. Once again carefully stacking the bags beside her, she scanned the food court again, this time looking for signs of her sister.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Remy Kim continued from Sanctuary))

Well well... I wonder where her sister is.

Remy looked around, waiting for a sign. Reiko said in the food court, right? Of course, she lead him here. Where else could it be? Well, for starters, maybe try to remember if Reiko said what they were planning on eating. Could help if they looked in front of the stores and restaurants scattered across the mall, of course. But there probably could be a better way to find out where she was-

Wait, that one girl looked very much like Reiko. She had a few differences, in areas such as dress sense, but there was a resemblance. Was it her, then? Perhaps. But what if she was someone completely different? What then? He might embarrass Reiko, or the other girl.

There was only one way to find out...

Remy pointed towards the other girl, hoping she didn't notice that he was pointing at her, while asking Reiko "Is that your sister? She... uh... kind of looks like you..."

He really wasn't sure if that was the best tactic, though. At times, Remy wish he would have had better social skills. It seemed as if he will always be social awkward. But, he had to hope things happen for the best.

Come to think of it, it was probably her. Like Reiko, he had seen her around a few times at school, but never really talked to her. She was a little ways off, but she definitely rang a bell in his head. Remy didn't know everyone at school, but he was able to recognize one of his classmates when he saw them. He was not that stupid, after all.

So yeah, it was most likely her. All he needed to do is not fret, then?
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

(just to make things easier, Blue is Reiko and Green is Reika :3)

Reiko arrived at the food court, and the girl immediately began looking for her sister. It was times like this that Reiko cursed their shared affliction, as it made finding each other in a crowd that much harder. Standing on her toes, hey eyes cast about the sea of heads, searching for Reika. Then Remy piped up, pointing into the crowd. Following the trajectory of his finger, her eyes landed on the back of her sister's head.

"Good eye," Reiko said, walking off towards her sister. Just as Reiko approached, Reika turned her head to see her sister walking up. Careful to not knock any of the bags over, the girl stood up and gave her sister a hug, as she always did. Much to Reika's amusement and surprise however, Reiko returned the gesture for once, practically gripping Reika in a bear hug. Whatever had happened to Reiko recently, her sister liked it.

Releasing her sister from her grip, Reiko turned to find Remy, who she assumed had followed her. "Remy, this is my sister Reika. Don't get us confused now." Reika smiled at the old joke before extending her small hand towards Remy. "Nice to meet you." she said with a smile.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Once he pointed her out, Reiko seemed to see her too, and soon enough, she was walking towards the other girl. And soon enough, as Remy approached, the two girls were in a hug.

Ah, so he was right! They did not need to look around further!

As the two girls stopped hugging, Reiko introduced her to him. Reika? Yeah. Though, he was sure that he couldn't confuse them. It wasn't that hard to tell the difference, actually. He was sure of that, at least.

Remy reached out to shake Reika's hand.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Remy."

Looking around, he asked "Well... where are we planning on eating?"

The food court was full of all sorts of food. On one hand, there were small things, most likely snack food, such as the pretzel place or the ice cream store. On the other, there were more impressive things, like the Chinese food place, all sorts of fast food, the pizza place, and more.

Perhaps he could see what they wanted?
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

((Joe Rios begin, from... well, nowhere, he's new.))

Joe looked at his surroundings. He was many things right now, but the most important of those things was "hungry", and as such he found his way into the food court.

He took a mental note of the various fast food options available to him.

Hm. I feel like having something out of the ordinary... oh fuck it, KFC's the closest, I'll just get a Variety Bucket or something, he thought. And just like that, he sauntered over to KFC, and placed his elbow on the counter. The cashier, who beforehand had been absorbed in his cell phone, looked up, noticed Joe, and jumped a little. Apparently business was slow this fine afternoon-going-into-evening.

"Uh... what do you want?"

"Gimme a Variety Bucket. Popcorn chicken, boneless honey BBQ wings, and crispy strips. Take your time, there's no rush."

Joe paused.

"Oh, and a Dr. Pepper."

The cashier punched some numbers on the register and looked back up at Joe.

"That'll be $10.50," the cashier told him. Joe fished in his pocket a bit for his wallet, and had more trouble than usual.

"Fuck," he muttered to himself. "Sorry for taking a while and swearing," he said as he produced the black vinyl-masquerading-as-leather money container.

"It's fine," the cashier told him in reply as Joe took out a ten dollar bill and a one dollar bill, and handed the money over. "Be done in a bit."

Joe walked over to the area of the counter at which he would receive his delicious, fattening sustenance, and waited. He tapped his fingers a bit, turned away, and noticed three people talking. Two Asian girls, both extremely short (and cute) and an Asian boy. He briefly wondered if the boy was one of their boyfriends, or hell, if he was both of their boyfriends.

Wait a second. I think I know one of those girls, if not both of them... holy fuck, it's Reiko! Damn, I haven't seen that girl since middle school! Joe, absorbed in his thoughts, did not notice the bucket of assorted fried chicken being thrusted into the small of his back until it was too late.

"Yo! Earth to... whoever you are! Your food's here!" The cashier was clearly annoyed at Joe, who put on his best embarrassed look, took the bucket, and walked away to sit down at one of the many nondescript tables in the food court.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

After the introductions had been completed, Reiko took a seat opposite where he sister would be sitting. Truth be told, she still felt a little light headed, but didn't want Reika to know about it. Her sister worried about her enough, the last thing she needed was to add the little incident at the skating rink to her already overflowing plate. How she put up with her was a question that didn't appear to have a foreseeable answer. Maybe she just felt it was her duty to protect her careless younger sister. Only Reika knew in the end.

"Well, this is a food court, so you can have whatever you choose. Reiko said in response to Remy's question. "I say we just get what we want in turns. That way the other two can watch the bags and make sure no one tried to jack them. Reika, you've been waiting to the longest, you go first."

Reika nodded her head, going in the direction of the A&W booth. As soon as she was out of ear shot, Reiko turned to the boy. "Listen, I don't want you mentioning what happened at the rink. She worries about me enough as it is. We clear?"
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

He could choose whatever he wanted, then? Remy looked around again. What did he want? To be honest, he was in the mood for... KFC? Yeah, apparently. He hadn't had it for a long while now. Heck, he barely remembered what it tasted like. Did it taste good or bad? Well, perhaps he could take a trip down memory lane, or however the phrase goes? Why not?

As Reika left, Reiko immediately told him not to tell her about what happened at the rink. Presumably, based on the wording, she was referring to her state at the rink. Remy wasn't sure if it was ethical not to tell her what happened... but, on the other, he didn't want to worry Reika, or make Reiko upset. Heck, Reiko seemed pretty insistent on him not telling.

So, Remy had to do what she said.

He nodded his head very quickly, as if his life depended on it. "I won't tell her, I promise..."

After giving the mall another look-through, his eyes eventually laid on the KFC. And so, he mumbled, mostly to himself "You know, KFC sounds good right now..."

But, he noticed some guy staring at them, for some reason, right at the restaurant itself. What was he giving them that look for? He looked vaguely familiar... did he, Reiko, or Reika know him from school or something? Whatever it was, he was now staring at them, as if deep in thought. From where he was standing, he could also see the cashier visibly trying to get his attention, and soon enough, the guy stopped looking in their direction, and went off with his food to sit at a table.

Well, that was weird..., Remy thought, a look of puzzlement passing over his face.

Eh, probably nothing. He must have just been spacing off, which was most likely. Heck, he shouldn't have stared back, either. It was kind of impolite, now that he thought of it.
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

Reika didn't have to wait long before she was at the counter for the A&W stand, contemplating the menu. The young boy on the other side of the counter, probably no more than 16, looked at the tiny girl with an amused expression. It was a look that Reika had seen many times before, and at this point didn't really bother her. Of course, the look he was going to have would be even better.

"What can I get you?" the cashier asked in a practiced tone.

"I would like the Teen burger combo with everything but relish, make it a large, and five chubby chicken pieces" The words rolled off her tongue with equally practiced ease. If there was one thing about Reika that would catch most people off guard, it was the amount of food her tiny body could pack away in one sitting. Even better was that she didn't seem to gain much weight. Well, for now.

The kid behind the counter looked dumbfounded for a moment, before speaking. "Er... that's $13.68." he finally got out. Reika removed a neatly pressed $20 bill from her wallet, and passed it over the counter. Change was given back, which was neatly placed into the wallet. After a few minutes of waiting while other orders were taken by the cashier, Reika's order was delivered. After saying thank you, the small girl took her order and returned to the table where her sister and Remy were sitting, placing her massive tray of food on the table.
--
While Reika was off getting her food, Reiko was trying to decide what she wanted. Remy said something about KFC, which sounded really good at that moment. Normally she had to watch what she ate, but since she was off on injury leave, the girl didn't see the harm in indulging a little bit. As she looked over at the stall for KFC, she noticed someone appeared to be staring at her.

Riight, who is this creep? Reiko thought internally while he finally looked away. She couldn't quite place it, but he looked oddly familiar. He say down near the KFC, which all but made up Reiko's mind for her. Just then Reika returned with her tray full of food, which always put a smile on the younger sister's face.

"You eat way to much sis, one of these days that metabolism of yours is going to stop working." Reika merely shrugged, chewing contently on one of the chicken pieces. Then to completely contradict herself, she said "I feel like a nice greasy bucket of chicken. Come on Remy, we can split the bill."

Reika, mouth full of food, raised an eyebrow quizzically as Reiko practically dragged Remy towards the KFC, taking a mental note as to what exactly was going on. Something about her sister seemed off. In the mean time, she had a rather large(for her size at least) burger to contend with.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

Joe picked up a piece of popcorn chicken and popped it into his mouth. As he chewed the delicious morsel of fried chicken, he took a glance to his left and noticed a familiar Asian face in the crowd that he had recently mused over... moving quickly in his general direction and dragging the boy with her.

He stopped.

Reiko seems oddly enthusiastic about fried chicken. I don't exactly recall, since it's been a decent while, but I thought she usually ate healthier than this. Maybe she noticed me staring at her... that would either discount the boyfriend bit or prove it entirely. Time shall tell, he thought, as he swallowed the popcorn chicken and tore into a boneless wing.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

And soon enough, Reika came back, with a large amount of food. To be specific, a large burger AND five pieces of chicken.

Holy SHIT. Just how tiny is this girl again? he thought, staring at Reika with eyes wide open.

It was like something out of a cartoon, where a character would eat something much bigger than their head, or even their body. Wait, "like"? It was almost exactly like it, just not as... exaggerated as a cartoon. Seriously. What the hell? It was truly quite the sight to behold.

As Remy stared, Reiko seemed to notice the same thing he did, and just firmly reminded her to watch what she eat. To which Reika just shrugged and continued to eat a piece of chicken. And, somehow, this told Remy this was nothing new for them. It would be... interesting to see that on a regular basis.

Reiko then decided to also get KFC, and they should split the bill.

And before he knew it...

"GAH! Reiko!" he found himself reacting out of surprise.

The small girl was now literally dragging him across the food court over to the KFC.

Seriously! What was up with these two? It was as if they were like large football players, rather than tiny twin sisters!

As Remy submissively allowed himself to be dragged off to the KFC (though with his eyes even wider than before), he could see a glimpse of the guy from before, staring at the scene unfolding. He really did not know why he was so interested in them. Then again, he was now witnessing a girl dragging a boy taller than her by the wrist, which wasn't that ordinary a sight. Remy looked in his direction for a few seconds, then his head quickly snapped forward to Reiko, and then the KFC, which was very quickly becoming closer.
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

(permission from Kami to control Remy :3)

Reiko ignored Remy's protests, not letting go until they actually reached the booth. The cashier greeted them, asking what they wanted. Well, she knew what she wanted, but didn't know what Remy wanted. Oh well. Reiko ordered for both of them.

"We'd like a 20 piece bucket of chicken and some fries with gravy." Reiko looked at Remy, who didn't seem to mind her choice of food. As the cashier took their order, Reiko glanced out of the corner of her eye at the boy she had caught staring at her before. He was still looking, or at least, Reiko thought he was still looking.

God, this guy is such a CREEPER. Reiko thought to herself. Gives me chills... maybe if I... yeah, that might work. She turned to Remy, quickly finding the word she needed. "Hey Remy..."

Remy turned to look at Reiko, wondering what was up. "Yeah? Something wrong?" Reiko dropped her voice, although it probably wasn't needed, given the distance and the overall ambiance of the food court. "This is going to sound weird, but I want you to put your arm around my shoulder." Remy looked dumbfounded by this statement. "Wait, why do you want me to-" Reiko quickly cut him off "Just do it!" she said before forcefully lifting his arm and sliding under it. She would then sneak a quick glance towards the other boy to see if he was still looking.

Reika watched these events unfold, slowly chewing on her burger, wondering what was going on. Reiko's streak of odd behaviour continued as she... was she cuddling with Remy? A boy? In public? Reika knew about her sister's relationship history, but she could never recall her ever touching her past boyfriends in public. This confused the elder sister to no end, but decided to leave it be for now, content on simply watching the strange events unfold.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

Joe heard some grumbling from the two and looked up, still munching on a Crispy Strip. The scene occurring in front of him made him blanch, to the greatest extent that someone of his complexion could.

From the looks of things, Reiko was attempting to tear the boy's arm off while looking in Joe's direction and grinning. For a second, Joe wasn't sure if he wanted to spit-take or very slowly turn his head back and forget he ever saw anything.

He chose to take a third option: finish eating his Variety Bucket (of which there was not a lot left, as he had been eating throughout this chaos), and ask Reiko what the hell is going on.

It's none of my business, but fuck it, I'm curious. Something's up and I get the feeling I'm about to be dragged into it anyways since she's grinning at me, Joe thought to himself.

He swallowed his Crispy Strip, tossed a piece of popcorn chicken into his gaping maw, chewed that up, swallowed, left his seat, and walked up to Reiko and the boy (who now appeared to be cuddling with her, very uncomfortably) at his normal pace.

"Reiko, what in the hell are you doing?" Joe asked. It was intended as a question, but came out as more of a statement of utter confusion.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

As Remy awkwardly stood there, his arm around Reiko's shoulder just after placing his part of the sum down, and waiting for their order to come through, the creepy guy started walking up to them, as if curious.

Uh oh... what does he want now?

The guy was kind of strange, to be honest. He had been looking at them when they first walked in, and now he was going to talk to them? What did he want? Did he know him or Reiko from school? He looked vaguely familiar, as if Remy had seen him in passing.

Oh god... what if Reiko had a stalker? It would explain her behavior, at least. What would he do if he was? The guy was much taller than both of them, and honestly, although Remy was fairly strong due to playing baseball, he was sure this guy looked like he would easily have him in a half-nelson, at least to Remy. But what if he did turn out to be violent, and try to hurt Reiko? The poor girl was already feeling somewhat ill already, and a stalker definitely wasn't going to make that better. And was he reacting because he had his arm around her?

Of course, it was paranoid thinking, and Remy knew it. There was a chance that he was harmless, but he was not sure about him.

And then, the guy spoke.

Oh shit... he knows her name?, Remy thought, increasingly starting to become worried.

"Uh... excuse me... do you know her?", he asked the boy, and, although he was trying to be polite, he had a certain firm edge to his voice, making it clear he was worried.
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

Crap, he's walking over here. was all Reiko could think as the other boy apparently made a beeline for the duo. What did he want? He looked vaguely familiar, but his face was just so... generic. He had one of those faces that was easy to lose in a crowd so to speak. And he was walking towards them.Please keep walking, please keep walking the tiny girl said in her mind, instinctively tightening her grip on Remy, probably crushing the poor man's ribs. Reiko didn't care at that point. At least he was there, and she had someone to support her and help her against what was in her mind, a stalker.

She was admittedly not familiar with having to deal with them, and with her dizziness still somewhat present, she didn't want to start now. Why is he walking up to us? Stupid Reiko should have picked a different food to eat. As much as it was her fault that this was happening, she wasn't really thinking about that at the moment. Then again, maybe he just forgot something, or wanted to order more food?

Then, he said her name.

This was enough to cause the tiny asian to be significantly freaked out. Without even thinking, her fingers dug into Remy's side, who asked if the other boy knew Reiko. Well, she sure as hell didn't know him, or if she had at one point, she didn't recognize him. If she was thinking rationally, she may have thought about the fact there are many people that knew her name. Of course, Reiko wasn't quite all there to begin with, so she wasn't thinking rationally. All she saw was some random guy she didn't know who knew her name, and who knew what else.

"I don't know if he knows me, but I don't know him." Reiko blurted out, not even speaking to him, only addressing Remy. "Tell him to go away." There was the faintest hint of fear in her voice, just barely noticeable.
--

Reika continued to watch the events unfold, beginning to worry when a third person entered the picture. The actions of Reiko were particularly worrisome for the elder sister, as the younger sister seemed to be exhibiting... something. Nervousness? Anxiety? Fear? Whichever it was, they were not emotions Reika saw from Reiko often. Usually when she did, something bad happened.

Putting down her burger, Reika pulled out her cell phone, placing it on the table. She wasn't going to call anyone just yet, but she wanted to make sure it was handy just in case she needed it. She really, really hoped she wouldn't have to call the police, or worse. The tiny girl went back to her burger nervously, taking another bite from it.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

Joe heard the boy's question and responded promptly, as in a strange way, he was almost expecting something like this to happen.

"Yeah, actually, she was in my English class back in 8th grade. She sat... to my left, I think. Might have been to my right. Whatever, it's been 4 years."

He looked over the boy's expression of absolute puzzlement tinged with fear, and over Reiko's expression of nothing but pure fear. Joe Rios jumped back a little.

What, does she think I'm going to rape her or something? Good lord, people these days, he thought.

"Er, Reiko... you do remember me, right? It's Joe Rios, from Mrs. Johnson's English class. 8th grade. I got bored of her endlessly rambling about whatever was going on, and you got all the homework answers from me anyways, so we talked a lot... didn't really keep in touch after that, though," Joe said quickly, but in a manner that did not come off as frenzied. His tone of voice could be easily mistaken for fear (that Reiko was going to do something insane) or confusion (that she did not remember him), but was really more of the latter.

A short, awkward silence ensued.

"Sorry if I freaked you two out... don't worry, I'm seriously not trying to hurt either of you, chill out," he said in an attempt to reassure the terrified twosome. He wasn't sure if it was actually going to work, but what the hell, it was worth a shot; worst case scenario, he would just walk away and hope it didn't come back to bite him in the ass.

Return to “The Food Court”