This Devil's Workday

The school campus is very well maintained. The grass is always kept neat and short, and the hedges around the school are always kept trimmed. The sports fields are all in immaculate condition, and a nice quad area has been set up for the students outside, with tables, chairs, and a gazebo.
Super Llama†

This Devil's Workday

Post by Super Llama† »

{{continued from And the Hits Keep Coming}}

There it was.

As Sebastian stepped through the door of the Art Room, he was met with his greatest (so far, anyway) work; A half finished painting of a sunrise, which was supposed to be his end-of-the-trimester project. This one wasn't based on anything like the drawings and paintings he was used to. It was all from his mind. The picture was made up of a lot of purple and dark blue, and gave off a sort of subtly fantastical air.

Putting out the paint and a brush, he studied what he what done for a moment before starting to add in more detail to the beach and ocean that made up the bottom of the piece, once again off in his own world, unaware of anyone that might enter.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
D/N

Post by D/N »

There was really no denying it.

No sir.

Sebastien Decartes was just plain HOT. And he was the perfect catch for a gal like her.

"He the one, I mean we'll get a couple dates under our belt and then I'll ask him to prom and when I walk in there with HIM on my arm, I mean I'm gonna make EVERYONE'S night right there! It's too bad you girls won't be able to see it, but I'll totally get lots of pictures taken for you all."

Her small heels clicked and Carly Jean Dooley ran a hand through her freshly re-coloured hair. She strolled down the hallway like she owned it, smiling a toothy grin as she waited for the responses from her group. They came fast and furious.

"He is SO HOT and mysterious, I remember we were at the same party and he just sat off in the corner drinking Peach Schnapps and then left, at least I think that was him it might've been somebody else, anyway you're gonna knock him of his feet Carly..." Joo-Li "Jooli" Quoh. Korean, almost a parody of the bubbly Asian schoolgirl. The fun-loving one. She never shut up for a minute, but she'd stick by you no matter what.

"You know you said that about the last guy Carly, and how long did THAT one last? Oh c'mon, I'm just kidding!" Alice Wicinksi. Good natured girl with a Polish face. The responsible one. Of course, she already HAD a steady boyfriend, a guy that was pretty plain and dull and the perfect match for her, really. Still, her pessimistic nature was occasionally needed to balance out Jooli's relentless optimism.

"If you think so, Carly..." Elaine Lieberthal. Short-haired, short in stature, she looked even younger than the junior she was. The quiet one. She was really only with them because Alice kept dragging her along, but Carly accepted that. In the vicious den of social activity that was high school, a group of four was automatically greater than one of three.

Carly paused outside the door to the art room. She'd lost track of Sebastien after English class had ended, but thankfully she'd managed to spot him again before the day ended. Because the longer she waited, the better the chance that some OTHER girl would swoop in front of her. And sure, she'd heard those rumors from some of the girls that he'd shot down some of the hottest girls from school, that he was an antisocial asshole, that he might be as gay as the day is long, BLAH BLAH BLAH. She'd had enough of THOSE girls for the moment, thank you very much. Sure, he'd turned them down, but all that probably meant was that he wasn't interested in the overly popular girls. He was an artist, always brooding over his work, and he needed someone who understood him, even if she couldn't even draw a stick figure that well.

She left the three girls outside. He was working away at some new painting of his, and Carly could tell that he didn't know she was behind him. How to get his attention? She could just walk up to him but she didn't want to startle him or anything, not while he was working. She decided on the more boring approach, and just cleared her throat slightly to get his attention before speaking.

"Hey Sebastien. What's up? Whatcha working on?"
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!
G080 - Nikki Nelson-Kelly - DECEASED Castles Fall in the Sand

v6!
B029: Aiden Slattery - DECEASED Get Off the Floor
G058: Kaitlyn Greene - DECEASED She Knew She'd Found Freedom

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - DECEASED From Sea to Sky
B023: Jesse Jennings - DECEASED From Vision to Glory

v4!
G077: Andrea Raymer - ALIVE
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - DECEASED
B006: Ricky Fortino - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - DECEASED

v3!
G045 - Eris Marquis - DECEASED
B104 - Jonathan Lancer - DECEASED
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

A little bit of blue over here would work well...

Sebastian's train of thought was interuppted by a girl calling out to him. He wore an expression of mild irritation on his face, though since he was facing the other way it wasn't very noticable. If there was one thing he hated, it was being interuppted when he was in the zone.

Maybe if I just ignore her she'll go away... He thought as he continued to wordlessly on his painting. A bit of blue here, a bit of purple there. Not too much purple, though. And probably some more detail for the beach. Something to really bring out the WHY WOULDN'T SHE GO AWAY?

Sebastian finally relented, breathing a noticable sigh before responding. "It's my class project for the trimester." He stated, hoping that'd be enough she she'd be on her way. But of course, it couldn't possibly be that simple, could it?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
D/N

Post by D/N »

Sebastien didn't acknowledge her for a couple seconds, and Carly rocked back on her heels a bit, nervously twirling a strand of hair in her fingers. She hadn't like pissed him off, had she? Nah, that was probably just intensity, him being really focused on his work and everything.

The he spoke to her, and her smile beamed in response.

"Really? Ya know that's like really freaking good."

Aw damnit, she hated it when she let a "ya know" slip out. She'd been trying for like two years to get rid of that stupid rural Minnesota accent, it made her sound even more hick than her name did. And OK, so she didn't really know whether it was that good or not, it still had like a lot of blobby paint bits on it and everything, but she wasn't stupid or anything, and she could tell it was probably better than most of the other artworks his class did, they were probably still figuring out stick people and stuff.

"I really like the way you've got the uh, purple over here, purple's my favorite color and it makes the sunrise look really nice and everything...."

She glanced back at the doorway, to see Jooli peeking in and giving her a thumbs-up. Yeah, it was time to go for it.

"Hey look, so a bunch of us are going down to the Varsity this weekend, you been? It's a pretty cool place, they've got like these really good appetizers, and I was wondering...... if you'd like to go with me? I figure we could get somethng to eat and then leave early if you wanted to cause like, all the brainless cheerleaders usually come in later with the hockey team and everything, and I'm totally not part of that scene, it's like so juvenile."

She flashed a smile. OK, so the words came out a bit faster than the should have, but it was still good, right? Plus she knew that her last line was the winning one there, he wasn't into that group either and by making him know that, she'd definitely endear herself.
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!

v6!

v5!

v4!

v3!
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Sebastian's response unfortunately didn't have the result he was looking for, and the girl was still sticking around and bugging him. He noticed he was working slower than before, and it was starting to get a bit sloppy. That annoying bitch and her endless yakking had broken his concentration, and the mood was now all but gone. Sebastian scowled a bit as he set the brush down, though as he did so the girl revealed what this was all about.

Fuck.

Sebastian could see what was happening a mile away. After all, it had happened a few times before. Apparently there were a number of girls in the student body that found him cool and mysterious or some shit; something he found irritating as it always wound up with them approaching him, asking for a date. It wasn't that he was gay or anything; he just didn't have any interested in dating. He was much more content to work on his paintings and sketches and be left the fuck alone.

The first couple of times it happened, he had been polite about blowing them off. But as it kept it, he became increasingly more rude about it, hoping that they'd get the fucking point. And for a while, it seemed like it did, until...

Ugh. He was about to tell the girl to just get the fuck out, when he got an idea.

"Yeah, okay." Sebastian responded simply as he turned around, hiding his annoyance and contempt. Come to think of it, he hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. Might as well get some free food before he set her straight.
D/N

Post by D/N »

(Again, terribly short just to keep things moving)

"Really?!"

YES YES he said YES! Well of course he said yes, she'd played it all so perfectly and now they just needed to get some food and hit it off and then she'd ask him to prom and it would all just work out SO PERFECTLY. Carly just had to keep things cool for now.

"Uh, yeah that's great, so I mean, if you're done here you wanna get going? I mean I don't want to

Nah, he was totally done with his painting for now, or else he wouldn't have said yes, would he?

Carly started for the door, waiting for him to pack up his things and follow.

"UMMM, my friend Alice is driving, she just got her permit so she's, uh...... not REALLY supposed to have people in the car when she drives but we're not going far, and she's probably gonna take her boyfriend too so it'll be kinda crowded, hope you're OK with that!"

(Carly Jean Dooley continued in No Such Thing as a Free Lunch)
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!

v6!

v5!

v4!

v3!
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

(Rawr crappy short post ahoy.)

Sebastian started to put his equipment away, moving the paints and such to where they normally went when not in use, and moving his painting off into the corner with the other student's projects.

"Alright, let's go." He responded. The fact that one of the girl's friends would be driving them there didn't bother him any. The place they were going wasn't that far from his house, so it wouldn't take him too long to head home afterwards.

{{continued in No Such Thing as a Free Lunch}}

Return to “Campus”