Talk Shows on Mute

Located on the first floor of the school building, the language arts wing houses all the school's English, Spanish, and other foreign language classes. The Principal's office is also in this area.
Ares

Talk Shows on Mute

Post by Ares »

((OOC: Keeping this private between myself, Betaknight, Mimi and Dodd))

((Nik Kornwall continued from Three Bar))

Nik strolled into the empty classroom his satchel backpack slung over one shoulder. He swung the door behind him to the point where it was almost fully shut.

Rm. 168. This was where Nik came to study. It was never used during the period after lunch, and Nik had no class during that period, so this his time. Time to buckle down and study his English. Keep on top of the trends that everyone was into. Even some days he would be studying the Minnesota Wild playbook, trying to learn their systems so he'd be ready for rookie camp.

Nik sat down at a desk near the window on the far side of the room. From this window he could see his brother Staffan in his science class. After a quick wave Nik pulled out his iPod and the book his class had been assigned to read. J.D. Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye".

This was supposedly a prize winning book, so Nik was stoked to delve right into it. A few minutes past as Nik got through the first two chapters before feeling some hunger and thirst.

"This is what I get. Not eating lunch with everyone." Nik mumbled to himself.

He marked his page and put the book back in his pack, before pulling out a small tupperware container with some pasta in it and a fork. The pasta was still cold but Nik didn't care. It was still good. After a few bites, he reached into his pack and pulled out a bottle of water.

His iPod switched to the next song which was by Muse. He'd been a big fan while living in Sweden, and Nik was upset to hear Muse wasn't as big in America as in Europe. Yes Nik wanted to like popular American music, but he just couldn't get into what they called rap over here.

"Skit också!" Nik said, slipping back into Swedish swearing as a noodle of his pasta dropped on to his shirt. It was a brand new Affliction shirt that a couple of the guys had convinced him was the newest trend.

Nik closed up the tupperware container and put it back in his pack. He couldn't let his new friends see him in his new shirt with a pasta stain on it. Luckily he'd brought another shirt for after gym class later in the day.

Quickly looking around to make sure no one would see him changing, Nik removed his shirt.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

((Evelyn Reed continued from English, wherefore art thou?))

Evelyn shrugged her shoulder, shifting the strap of her backpack into a more comfortable position as she strode down the hall. Nearly everyone else was in class, as evidence by the droning of lectures filtering out from open doors. She smirked at she caught sight of the poor little Froshies, busy taking notes or at least pretending to while they texted or slept. She had the senior privilege of a TA elective period, and Mr. Wilkins gave her free reign to roam as she saw fit so long as she brought him a fresh cup of coffee and his messages before the end of the period.

With a little extra bounce in her step, Evelyn flashed a flirtatious smile at some lower classman who was looking out the window as she passed before turning towards Room 168. Her smile became genuine as she thought of stealing some time with Nik before having to go back to class and then on to practice.

As she touched the door handle, she noticed the door was slightly ajar. Knowing Nik, he'll have his headphones on while he studies. I'll just creep inside and catch him totally by surprise! Evelyn bit her lip to keep a giggle from escaping as she slipped into the room. What she saw was even better than she had anticipated.

Her mouth opened as she stared at Nik's strong, broad shoulders and back. Her fingers involuntarily twitched at the sight of the shirtless hotness in front of her. A few quick steps closed the gap between them as she reached out wrapped her arms around his torso as best she could. She pressed her cheek against his back while humming happily to herself. Mine! Alllll mine!

Savoring the feeling for just a second, Evelyn swung herself around so that she was facing Nik. "Surprise!" she chirped cheerfully as she absently ran her fingers up and down his sides. Biting her lip, she looked up at him through her eyelashes. "I haven't...interrupted anything, have I?" She dropped her right hand to trace along the waistband of his pants.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Nik had just managed to throw his soiled t-shirt on the ground when he felt a pair of hands wrap around him, and something warm in the center of his back.

"What the..." He yelped as he pulled his headphones off.

"Surprise!"

Nik sighed, "Oh Evie, its just you. Startled me."

Nik tensed up a bit as Evie spun around, biting her lip and asking him if she had interrupted anything, while her hands steadily went lower until they were on his waistline.

"No no..I..uh," Nik stuttered, "I just need to change my shirt is all. Got some..pasta..yeah pasta on it."

Nik wasn't sure how to react to this whole situation. Yes he'd been excited about the hype behind the American girls that he had discussed with his friends back home, but this...this was certainly much more than he could have bargained for.

"This..oh how do you guys say it over here...uhh, this is certainly a shocker."

Nik's face flushed red as he looked into Evelyn's eyes again. Here he was. One of the most aggressive players in the hockey league acting shy and nervous around a pretty girl.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Evelyn giggled as she felt Nik tense up under her wandering hands. "Sorry. You were just standing there and I couldn't help myself."

Brushing her fingers across his stomach one last time, Evelyn stepped back to give Nik some space. She had noticed his blush, and she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. Okay, rein it in. Don't overdo it. You're supposed to keep him interested, not come on to him like a drunken prom date, she reminded herself. Even if he's super cute and utterly adorable.

"Sorry about your shirt." Bending down, she picked his shirt up off the floor and examined it. The stain didn't look too bad. "Maybe if we go put some soap and cold water on it, it will keep the stain from setting."

Turning away from Nik, she folded the shirt and placed it on the chair. She slipped her own backpack from her shoulder and dropped it on the floor near Nik's desk. Okay, give him some space. Don't be clingy. Guys hate clingy, she silently coached herself. Be upbeat and fun and flirty but not skeezy.

"So," she asked breezily as she clasped her hands behind her back and bounced a bit on the soles of her feet. "How's the studying going? Anything interesting today? Is there anything I can help with?
Ares

Post by Ares »

Nik pulled his spare shirt from his bag as Evie continued speaking. He was still a little bit red in the face when he turned back around to face her.

"Help? I don't think so. Mr. Annett just assigned this book," Nik held up The Catcher in the Rye, "And I figured I would get ahead on it. You know, try and be the Mr. Smarty Pants." Nik said, his accent slipping through despite his attempts to stifle it.

There was a bit of silence before Nik spoke again.

"Don't worry about the shirt. Thanks though. Its dark enough that I can wait until I get home to wash it. I have to wash my hockey gear anyways."

Nik looked down at the shirt he had just put on. "Son of the bitch." He mumbled. He'd put his new digs on backwards.

"Hey you. I think you should cover your eyes, and no peekskings." Nik said playfully as he began to once again remove his shirt to fix it.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

((Autumn O'Leary continued from Three Bar))

Autumn stared, her features marred with disgust, at the scene in front of her. Looking back at the pretty redhead, was her own reflection- though with a little something extra that made a home in between two of her bottom teeth. A bright, attention grabbing, orange piece of carrot stared menacingly back at her. The pit of her stomach seemed to drop a thousand feet and heat spread across her cheeks. What great freaking luck. She probably walked around school all day looking like the biggest moron to come out of Bayview, though that wasn't saying much. Full of brain surgeons, Bayview was not.

Quickly opening the pocket in her purse designated to Mouth Care, Autumn pulled out her trusty dental floss- she never went anywhere without it. But, hey, no matter how much people teased her, she knew she'd have all of her original teeth until the day she died. Could anyone else say that for sure? It wasn't her fault people her age was just a bunch of slobs.

After fishing the offending morsel out of her pearly whites, Autumn flashed herself an extra-large smile in the mirror. No way would she go back out there with her lunch still stuck in her teeth. Thankfully, the floss did it's job and she deemed herself worthy off the outside world, though not before smoothing out her skirt and tucking any loose hairs back under her hairband.

Heading back out in the empty halls, Autumn couldn't help but peek through the glass windows into the classrooms as she passed. She was supposed to be in PE, but she was sure the Coach wouldn't mind if she took some time for herself- if only just a few minutes. As her nosy eyes glanced in the peepholes, a certain room caught her attention. Inside was a half naked guy and a blonde who was basically hovering over the poor guy (or, y'know, not so poor if they were about to do something in a completely inappropriate place.) Ugh. The people that went to Bayview. As much as she hated it, Autumn couldn't control the urge to snoop- they were doing this in public. It wasn't creepy for her to be curious. As she moved to get a closer view, the pig with his shirt off moved his head slightly and exposed his identity.

She could almost feel her jaw drop when she recognized Nik and then his female cohort, which only dumbfounded her even more.

What.

The.

Hell?

A pang of jealousy shot through Autumn. It's not that she'd do the slutty, prostitute-worth crap like Evelyn, but if Nik was going to be shirtless around anyone it should've been her. Who knew what diseases that closet-fatty was carrying. Even the thought made her skin crawl and she felt the urge to go bathe in hand sanitizer. She'd be damned if she let bitch get the upper hand. Pulling her cardigan closer to her chest, Autumn turned the knob and entered the room.

"Oh, God, I didn't even see you guys in here!" She said, flashing a very wide smile. "What a weird coincidence!"
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

"Help? I don't think so. Mr. Annett just assigned this book," Nik held up The Catcher in the Rye, "And I figured I would get ahead on it. You know, try and be the Mr. Smarty Pants.

Evelyn thought for a moment and then shrugged. Her class had already finished The Catcher in the Rye. It wasn't a unit she had done particularly well on. I don't even get what the hell Holden's major malfunction is. 'Classic' my ass. That book is just stupid. She simply chose to smile and nod in case Nik liked the book. We already had the roaming hands issue. Let's not compound things with a case of 'open mouth, insert foot'.

"Don't worry about the shirt. Thanks though. Its dark enough that I can wait until I get home to wash it. I have to wash my hockey gear anyways."

Evelyn was about to comment on the stain issue when Autumn burst into the room.

"Oh, God, I didn't even see you guys in here! What a weird coincidence!"

Evelyn returned Autumn's fake smile with one of her own, her teeth grinding together so hard that she could practically hear them squeak. You lying COW! Of COURSE you just HAPPENED to come in here, pulling your cardigan across your chest like some slut in a Cabo wet t-shirt contest.

"I know, right? What a crazy, random happenstance!" Evelyn tried to subtlety block Autumn's view of Nik's still-naked torso as he worked to fix his shirt. Since Nik's view was blocked, Evelyn folded her arms across her chest in an attempt to use some very obvious body language to let Autumn know her displeasure at her interruption and to mark her territory.

"Wow, I never expected to see you here," Evelyn said, making sure to keep her voice upbeat while attempting to stare the other girl down. You snooze, you lose, Autumn. No fair crying over spilt milk now.

Evelyn didn't dare step any closer to Nik, not wanting to upset him with Autumn in the room. Knowing the other girl, she would pounce on something like that and try to make Evelyn look bad. Instead, she tried to turn the tables on her. "Gee, Autumn. I didn't know you had a free period right now. In fact, I could have SWORN you had PE this period." Seriously, get the hell out of here!
Ares

Post by Ares »

The shirt was above Nik's head as he heard the other girl's voice. He could have sworn it was Autumn O'Leary's voice.

"Autumn..zat you?" Nik said as he tried to turn with his arms above his head and shirt still covering his head.

Unfortunately for Nik the question was turned in to muffled noise thanks to the shirt. Even more unfortunate was the fact that Nik had forgotten that moving yourself with a dark shirt impairing your view was not a smart idea.

Nik's foot caught itself on his satchel on the floor, causing the Swede to topple over a nearby desk and crash down the floor.

As he rose up, still slightly dizzy from the trip, he noticed that the girls were still staring at each other. After an eye roll the size of Texas, Nik called for some help.

"I'm sorry to interrupt girls, but could I get a little help over here?"
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Evelyn wasn't quite sure what happened. One second, she was standing in front of Nik, trying to block him from Autumn, that total hussy who just doesn't know when to quit. She was trying to give Autumn the politest clue-by-four she could, but the other girl wouldn't take the hint. The next thing she knew, Nik staggered, bounced into a desk, and crashed to the floor. She had caught the movement out of the corner of her eye.

Evelyn froze, still attempting to stare down Autumn. She knew the second she broke eye contact, Autumn was going to be on Nik like white on rice.

"I'm sorry to interrupt girls, but could I get a little help over here?"

"Oh my god, Nik! Are you okay?! What happened? ! Are you hurt?!" Evelyn practically dove down next to the fallen hockey player. She started to reach out to touch him, then remembered her earlier over-eager touching of Nik. She abruptly pulled her hand back before awkwardly hovering over him. "Should I call the nurse? "

Evelyn looked up at Autumn, absolutely furious. "This is SO all your fault!"
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Autumn's eyes narrowed as she locked eyes with the blonde, mentally trying to stab her fat face with a secret stash of knives that she kept locked away in her brain for a very special occasion- and Evelyn Reed definitely deserved them. Did she honestly think trying to throw Autumn under the bus was going to chase her away? She'd be damned if that's all that it took. Her mouth opened as if to say something, but she immediately closed it tight. She actually had the self-control to shut her mouth- unlike a certain former-fatty standing directly across from her. That lack of self-control is probably what led to the mid-night ice cream binges and fridge raids, but hey, at least her trusty finger saved her from an unfortunate life of thunder-thighs and cats.

Autumn broke the tension filled eye contact and averted her gaze to the shirtless Nik, completely ignoring Evelyn's inquiry. To be completely honest, Autumn really didn't have an excuse for being there- other than to stop Evelyn and Nik from being alone together, but she'd sooner be caught frenching a bull-dyke named Tiny than letting Evelyn know that. Before Autumn knew it, a pair of really awful shorts blocked her view of Nik's bare back. Autumn's own green eyes met with Evelyn's icy blue, quickly picking up where they left off.

She really didn't know what the fuck Evelyn's problem was. Everybody has a turning point in their life and had to sacrifice a few friends to get by- Evelyn just happened to be one of the casualties. But instead of being like every other normal person on Earth, Evelyn, the fat brat she was, decided it'd be pretty freakin' sweet to hold a grudge for however many years and Autumn was truly just sick of it. College would be a Godsend and maybe she could even walk away with Nik in her back pocket- though, knowing Evelyn, she'd probably crash the wedding and set the place on fire in a drunken stupor. She'd probably even steal the wedding cake.
A loud bang broke into the tense silence, calling the girls' attention. Sometime in between their epic western-esque stare-down, Nik had managed to fall on the floor. Evelyn, being her absolutely desperate self, flung herself to Nik's aid and called Autumn out.

"My fault?! How does him falling have anything to do with me!?" She defended. It was probably your fatass leaning too much on his chair.

Autumn squatted at Nik's free side and quickly jammed the spilled contents of his backpack back inside and slung it over her shoulder, making sure that Evelyn wasn't the only one helping him to his feet. "So, Nik, prom's coming up," Autumn squeaked abruptly, not wanting Evelyn to beat her to the punch, "I was wondering..."
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

"My fault?! How does him falling have anything to do with me!?"

She is so not serious. If her skanky ass hadn't come charging in here like some kinda tweaker and interrupted the nice, quiet conversation Nik and I were having, NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING, Evelyn shrieked internally.

Instead of dwelling on the towering pile of whore standing in front of her, Evelyn continued to try and examine Nik for injuries. Autumn liked to pretend that because she volunteered around town, she was some kind of saint. The patron saint of sore losers who don't understand the meaning of 'it's over', maybe. But given the type of people she came from, her desperate attempts to mess up Evelyn's chance at happiness weren't really surprising.

Autumn, as usual, was a day late and a dollar short in her efforts to be helpful as she snatched up Nik's backpack and possessively held on to it. She could have the stupid backpack. Evelyn had Nik and that was all that mattered.

As Evelyn helped Nik to his feet, Autumn swooped in as if she had done anything useful this entire time. Evelyn viscously bit the inside of her cheek; the sharp, stabbing pain a useful reminder to keep her opinions to herself. Behind that oh so helpful and cheery exterior, Autumn was a master manipulator and an expert on twisting a situation in her favor. There really wasn't any point in saying anything and potentially adding to Autumn's arsenal.

"So, Nik, prom's coming up. I was wondering..."

Evelyn felt her jaw drop. This was not happening. This was not actually happening right now. Autumn was NOT actually going to ask Nik to prom RIGHT HERE, in front of her, after she crashed their tiny bit of 'alone-time' like some kind of demented stalker. What part of Nik being here with HER was confusing to Autumn? Could she NOT see the obvious? Nik had moved on and traded up. It was over. O. V. E. R. OH-VER.

Evelyn fought down the urge to stomp her foot like a five year old. How dare she do this?! What a classless bitch! Of course, the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? There is no way in HELL she was going to let her get away with this.

Laughing in what she hoped was a flirtatious manner, Evelyn tossed her hair and flashed Nik her sweetest smile. "Ohmigod, prom! It's coming so quickly. It's going to be totally awesome. Are you excited, Nik? Have you given any thought to who you're gonna ask?"
Ares

Post by Ares »

Now this. This right here was exactly the situation Nik Kronwall had wanted to avoid. Even he wasn't blind to the fact that both girls were fighting for his affections, but this was going to turn into an actual fight if he didn't diffuse the situation.

Nik sat up, trying to not let either girl help him, so as to avoid any thoughts of favoritism. He was just about to open his mouth and respond when Autumn dropped a bomb on the situation asking him about prom.

"Umm..well, I..uhm.."

It was the most he could put together as he racked his brain for a way to get himself out of this jam. Once again he was about to open his mouth to respond when Evelyn made it much worse.

"Oh yes...the promenade. I haven't really...um.."

How the heck do I get out of this. I don't want to hurt any feelings. Evie...Autumn...Evie...Autumn...I should have stayed in Sweden.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((Continued from somewhere else))

Where is he? I could swear that I saw him go this way...?

As he'd been many times since he'd acclimated to this strange country from his native Sweden, Staffan Kronwall found himself absolutely bewildered. Of course, this time, it wasn't some strange American custom or slang that he didn't understand, it was how someone could apparently manage to vanish into thin air.

Especially a 5'11 Swedish defenseman built like a brick shithouse.

As he rounded the corridor, having just escaped from the science midterm that he'd been writing, Staffan looked left and right, peering into each of the classrooms to see which one might contain his brother. He knew that Nik liked to wander into a spare classroom now and then to do readings, finish some homework up, or even catch up on sleep now and again. As he'd been doing his midterm, he'd seen Nik wander by and toss him a wave, and on the rare occasions that Staffan got out early, he generally liked to hang around with his older brother, as he was pretty much the only person in school that he was really that close with. Unfortunately, Staffan hadn't exactly mastered the social quandries of fitting in with American kids like Nik had, and sometimes he knew that he could prove to be awkward in a conversation with his less-than-stellar understanding of slang.

So here he was, wandering the halls looking for his brother - he did have a purpose, though. Earlier on, he'd been practicing with the goalie for their school team; and after about an hour prior to school, they'd finally made a bit of a breakthough on Trent's weak glove hand, which could prove to be a help in their next game, against a team that had identified the weakness and lit the Bayview team up in their last matchup.

As he rounded yet another corner and looked in the room just in front of it, he saw a sight that caused him to stop suddenly. Nik stood in the room, surrounded by two girls; Autumn and Evelyn. As Nik had come into view, Staffan saw that he was just getting up off the floor, and a few desks looked to be askew.

Oh, Nik...always with the girls around you. What have you gotten yourself in to now?

Carefully wandering over to the door, Staffan slowly opened it and looked in. Nik seemed to be standing there with a really awkward look on his face. Raising an eyebrow, Staffan looked first at both girls, and then at Niklas.

"Nik! I've been looking for you."

Hesitating, he shifted uncomfortably and glanced at both girls again. The tension in the room was very noticeable, and it made Staffan wonder just what exactly he'd walked in to.

"Did I...is this not a good time?"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((Anything coloured in yellow is spoken in Swedish.))

Nik was too caught up in the situation at hand to realize his younger brother had entered the room. It wasn't until Staffan spoke again that Nik broke his shifting eyes away from the girls in front of him.

"Did I...is this not a good time?"

"Staffan," Nik exclaimed relief clearly showing on his face, "Not a bad time. We've got hockey practice with Trent right?"

Nik looked at his brother hopefully, noticing Staffan seemed to be caught off-guard with Nik's excited response. Before Staffan could reply Nik decided to explain everything in Swedish before Staffan could reply.

"Look, they both want me to ask them to prom, and I don't know what to say, so just agree that we're going to the rink and I'll explain more on the way."

Staffan looked back at the girls and replied that they were indeed heading to the rink to practice with Trent.

"Sorry girls, I'll call you both tonight." Nik said as he crammed his belongings back into his bag and left the room with Staffan.

((Nik Kronwall continued in Pins and Needles and Staffan Kronwall continued elsewhere))

(Forgot to mention that GMing of Staffan's actions and exit were okay'd by Dodd)
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

The color drained from Autumn's face the minute Evelyn opened her mouth. She couldn't say she was entirely surprised, seeing as she probably would have done the exact same thing- but really. Did Evelyn have to make it her sworn goal to ruin her entire life? She couldn't possibly leave her even the smallest inkling of happiness?

Of course not. This was Evelyn. The bimbo had to poke her ugly little face into her life every chance she got, whether it was joining cheer squad or pursuing Nik. She wouldn't be surprised to find out that Evelyn was Satan's seed. Oh wait...

Autumn clicked her tongue. Makes sense.

Before Autumn had a chance to stew on her anger some more, Staffan Kronwall entered the room. He was very obviously the quieter of he and Nik, but he was pretty cute. He just didn't have the edge Nik did- the edge that made her legs feel all gooey and gave her nervous butterflies.

"Hi, Staffan," Autumn said slowly, trying her hardest to make sure he understood her, along with a small wave.

"We're just talking about prom," she added, though she knew perfectly well it was just talking. She stole a glance at Evelyn when Nik and Staffan began talking, sending her a very clear look. She'd make sure Evelyn knew she wasn't happy.

A sharp pain pierced Autumn's chest as Nik exited, stating he'd call each of them later. Ugh. He didn't really need to call Evelyn. Totally unnecessary.

"You know he's just calling you out of pity," Autumn said, grabbing her overly-large purse off a desk and sending another glare towards Evelyn. "Tell your mom I said 'hi'," She scoffed as she headed for the door.

[[ Autumn O'Leary continued in Pins and Needles ]]

Return to “Language Arts Wing”