The One With The New Kid

Private; Reiko entourage (first day of senior year)

Events and happenings began influencing who our characters are long before the SOTF ACT was even a glimmer in someone's eye. Have an interesting memory of your character's to share? Want to show the world why they are the way they are? Even if you just want to establish why they like comic books, this is the place to do it!
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

Reiko checked her watch as she jogged along the track with her classmates. 15 minutes left in class. Which meant 10 minutes left in their 15 minute run. Striding along at a steady pace, Reiko currently occupied the upper helf of the runners, not out ahead, but not lagging behind either. Not that it was a race mind you. The first day of gym had been fairly fast paced, as the teacher had decided to hand out a fitness test, this endurance run being the final part of the test. Reiko didn't mind, mostly due to the fact that unlike most of her classmates, she kept herself active throughout the summer.

Reiko couldn't have been more happy at that moment. Gym in her last period of the day was perfect for her, a nice reprieve from the English, math, and science courses that took up a majority of her day. To be able to having something as mind-numbingly easy as gym to end the day was not something the tiny girl was about to complain about. She rounded the track again, crossing the starting line, starting on her 3rd lap of the 800 meter course. Three more laps and she would match her personal best from the previous year. Of course, Reiko wasn't aiming to match her best. Always improve. Be a better person today, than you were yesterday. The mantra silently repeated itself in her head as she increased her pace slightly.

The day had been interesting to say the least. It had been 2 months since she saw many of her friends. Well, not friends per say. More like followers. Her true friends she hadn't seen at all that day. Paige, Ben, and yes, even Amber, annoying as she was, had somehow eluded her so far that day. Reiko was almost certain she would run into at least one of them after school. Most likely Amber, Reiko thought, audibly laughing. If there was one thing that you could count on with Amber, is she would always show up, even when you didn't want her to. Actually, especially when you didn't want her to would be a better way to say it. No matter, annoying as she was, Reiko didn't mind her that much.

As Reiko rounded for another lap, she looked down at her watch. 2 minutes left. 2 minutes to finish her final lap, and make 7, beating her record. The girl didn't have much energy left in her tiny body, but the thought of losing, even to herself, was unbearable to her. The adrenaline started pumping, giving her heavy and tired limbs much needed life to push her even faster. In that moment, there was nothing else, just her, the track, and the finish line. Reiko had entered what many would call the "zone", disregarding everything around her as she took off into a full sprint. She would be cutting it close, but she could juuust make it. Passing by the people who had been in front of her for the duration of the run, Reiko turned the last bend, and crossed the line just as the teacher hit the air horn, signalling the end of the endurance run.

Reiko collapsed onto the grass, a huge smile plasters on her face. She had done it. She had beaten her past record. There was no greater feeling for Reiko than what she felt at that moment. The fleeting memory of victory was worth everything in the world to the young woman. The teacher called the class over to have their cooldown stretch before dismissing the class a couple minutes early to allow them to get changed.

---

About Ten minutes later, Reiko was in the lobby near the front doors of the school. She had changed out of her t-shirt and shorts she wore for gym, and into a read sleeveless shirt and cargo pants. Currently she was walking in her socks, holding her roller blades in one hand, her shoes tied into her backpack. Reiko looked around the lobby, searching for a familar face somewhere among the mass of students.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Slam

Post by Slam »

As Paige whispered in her ear inquisitively, Amber grinned and winked back up at her, responding in the same hushed whisper. "Walk home with us and find out!"

Paige Strand was a good friend of Amber's: the two had met in their sophomore year of high school, and had been sharing gossip and stories ever since. Whilst Amber found Paige's less inventive methods of getting the dirt to be a little bit more humdrum than she liked, she still enjoyed her company, and the two had been good friends for as long as they had met. After all, Amber loved how Paige always looked up to her, or at least that's how she saw it: admiring her journalistic integrity and excellent deductive skills, along with her interest in her many different tales she had spun into her writings. Truly, she was a good friend, and an even greater source of gossip!

Nodding enthusiastically at Carol, Amber smiled whilst wrapping her arm around Paige's shoulder and being straight with the Carol for the first time since having met her. "Oh yeah, me and Paigey are BFFs! Sisters in crime, that's us!" With a final firm nod of agreement, Amber pulled on Paige and beckoned Carol to follow her out of the school

–--

As she moved through the halls towards the lobby, it wasn't long before she caught sight of Reiko standing barefooted the doors. Amber's smile once again stretched upwards as she caught sight of the local celebrity and good friend, waving widely for her to see. Forgetting that Carol was following her she dashed up to the doors to greet her friend properly, excited at the prospect of talking to her friend which she disappointingly hadn't been able to talk to all summer. "Hey Reiko! Haven't seen you all summer!"

Oblivious as always to Reiko's own opinion of her, Amber happily stood in front of her friend, looking down at her with a smile across her face.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Walk home with us and find out!"
Grinning, Paige responded in kind.
"Will do!"
Paige waited along quietly, grinning as Amber introduced themselves to Carol, and they started out of the school.

Paige always loved the fact that she had her own posse to be with. One could always say they were friends with everybody, but she was glad that these people, Amber, Ben, Reiko (yes, even Reiko. No matter how much she hated Amber, they were all in it together...), it was a great group. Even if Reiko was a bit up herself, Ben seemed disinterested in everything, and Amber was one of the nosiest of the nosy, they were BFF's forever!

Amber seemed to have a great admiration for the local celebrity, as she completely forgot her and Carol were there and ran up to Reiko the moment she saw her. Paige walked behind the sprinting girl, smiling at Reiko, who she hadn't seen all summer.

"Hey Reko!" Paige announced smiling at her old friend. She loved using little pet names, even if Reiko probably despised it.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

When the two broke out of their hug, Amber promptly introduced the other girl to her.

Paigey, huh? And partners in crime? Did this mean that she was a part of the newspaper, too? But, the phrase "BFFs" suggests they were best friends, of course. So perhaps it was just an expression about how close they were.

But, before she could introduce herself to Paige in return, Amber tugged on the other girl, while gesturing for Carol to follow them out. And, follow she did, wondering what was going on. Of course, they were going to walk home. But, perhaps the interview-thingy was going to take place at Amber's place? Most likely.

As they passed the lobby, Amber suddenly shouted out "Hey Reiko!", and Carol spun her head towards her, seeing that she was running towards a petite girl. Carol tried to continue following as best as she could, going in a light jog suitable for the school environment.

"Hey, Amber, wait up!"

Paige had the same reaction of trying to catch up to Amber, though going more into a walk. Either that, or to meet this "Reiko" person. Probably a mixture of the two, seeing as she acknowledged Reiko herself, though pronouncing it differently. So, another friend of theirs? Most likely.

But, what was she like? Well, seeing as she apparently hung around Amber and Paige, probably something to do with the newspaper, since Amber seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. It would make sense. But, she hoped that Reiko would see her in a positive light, at least. Don't want to be making enemies this early on, right?
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

After a couple of minuted waiting, Reiko heard her name said. Turning to the direction of the voice, the young girl found herself looking... at Amber. As much as she tolerated the wannabe reporter, she was hoping that she wouldn't end up alone with her. Almost immediately Reiko saw Paige trailing behind the other girl, and her spirits lifted. Paige was one of the first real friends she had made, and was one of the few people who she considered herself close to, even if she did insist on using that annoying pet name. Finally there seemed to be a third person following her two friends. Reiko couldn't help but arch her eyebrow slightly at the sight of this new person. Was she a friend of Paige and Amber? She was sure she would learn in due time.

"Hey Amber, Paige!" Reiko said with an enthusiasm she reserved for her closest friends. "How were your summers? Boring I bet."

After greeting her old friends, she turned to the strange new creature who had followed them. It wasn't anyone she reconized, and she knew a good portion of the school, even if it wasn't by name. Either she was new, or she had just never seen her until this point. Given the look on her face, she didn't seem to reconize the tiny girl, so Reiko assumed the former. Waiting for one of her other friends to make a formal introduction, Reiko simply stood, looking up at the face of Carol, almost as if she was hoping her stare would give something away.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Amber smiled excitedly as Reiko greeted her and Paige, oblivious to the ice skater's total disdain for her; Amber wasn't very good at reasoning why people might have found her journalistic tendencies annoying, and as far as she could tell Reiko was a good source of celebrity gossip and a fun person to follow around. In fact, she never really stopped to think why Reiko might have liked her back.

"Nah, it was good!" she replied, happy to see her friend again. "Got a nelf hunter to 70, blogged a little, ya know?" she said, proudly listing off her summer achievements regardless of whether or not Reiko was genuinely interested. It was disappointing that she couldn't get any of the others interested in WoW, but that didn't stop her from mentioning it in passing conversation.

She didn't notice that Reiko was staring intently at Carol; instead, all she did was probe her questions about her summer: what she got up to; where she went; who she hung out with; anything at all that she'd done this summer would have satisfied her.. It was too bad she hadn't been able to get around to meeting up with her, since she was apparently busy every time she offered to do something, but sadly that's what summer is like sometimes. For now she would just have to spend twice as much time with Reiko to make up for it!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Hey Amber, Paige! How were your summers? Boring I bet."

"Kinda. Stuff happened, people were hurt, limbs were lost, feelings were crushed, just normal stuff," Paige replied, giggling "Oh, and next week is Jacob and mine's 5th year anniversary!"

Paige, still smiling, watched as Amber began probing Reiko for info. Just can't stay still, can she?

Paige looked over her shoulder at Carol, who seemed to also be watching the sideshow go on ahead. Smiling, Paige spun herself around towards the androgynous girl, and started chatting.

"So, how's Hole, Minnesota, treating you?" Paige joked. Yes, the town had a proud and wonderful history, of which Paige knew nothing, but she would wish that she had the money and stuff to actually leave, go places, meet people other than the same people. Not really caring for her answer, Paige continued-

"Uh huh. Wanna meet Reiko? She doesn't bite...unless you ice skate or something. You don't ice skate do you-no, didn't think so-REIKO!"

Paige spun around again, beaming at the petite Asian.

"This is Carol! New girl from - somewhere. Where were you from again?"
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Amber immediately started going on about... World of Warcraft. Something about hunters, at least; there were lots of games that had "hunter" as a class, as Carol knew very well. Heck, it might not have even been a game, though the wording suggested it was. But, before Carol could get a clarification, Amber started probing for information, or something along those lines.

She really liked to interview people, didn't she?

As for Paige, apparently it was close to the anniversary of her and... someone named Jacob? Yeah. But, soon enough she had spun around, and asked her about how "the Hole" was treating her. As Carol opened her mouth to speak, however, Paige started asking her if she wanted to meet Reiko.

Wait, she ice skated? Carol was always a tiny bit interested in ice skating, though she never really actually went out and did it. But, she heard that they had a rink here, with classes.

Paige had stopped mid-sentence, though, and promptly introduced Reiko to her. Carol lifted her hand, offering it for Reiko to shake.

"Carson City. Way out of state", she replied. "I'm still getting used to here."
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

If there was one thing Reiko had learned how to do in the time she knew Amber and Paige, it was the ability to listen to multiple conversations at once. So while Amber asked her questions about her summer, she was able to eavesdrop on Paige and the new girl's conversation. At least, until Amber stopped talking.

"My summer? It was pretty good. Went to visit family over July, Reika had a couple recitals, I had some practices. You know, the usual stuff. I worked a bit over the sum-" Reiko's speech was cut short by Paige calling out her name,asking if she wanted to meet the new girl. Glad for the excuse to not tell Amber why she blew her off during the summer, she turned her attention to the new one.... Carol was it? Such a plain name.

"Reiko. Nice to meet you." the tiny girl said, extending her hand to accept Carol's handshake. Although too early to make a full assessment of the timid young girl in front of her, Reiko had a good feeling about this one. "So how's St. Paul treating you? It doesn't look like much, but once you find the..." here Reiko made air quotations. "...'hot spots' of the city, it becomes much more enjoyable. Stick with Paigey here and you'll learn soon enough."
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

One more fucking year of school. It almost seemed like something unreal last year. They were about to be the biggest things in the buildings. One year until everyone could stop needing to remember all that stuff... well, until uni... or collage... or whatever they called it again. Ben sighed and put his forehead against the locker frame, staring into the row of books destined to be piled up and completely destroyed. Knowing him, this would be the last day he would see this thing relatively clean... it would be the last year he would ever see it.

Welcome to the last year of your life.
Damn right it is. So much crap ahead of me... I can do this. I can do this.
Of course you fucking can, you're fucking Ben Powell! COME ON!

Sniggering at himself, he peeled his head off and took out his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. Last year of your life. Had a catchy ring to it. Well, if he wanted to get a good start, he'd better do something good. Sliding down the staircase, he broke out into a jog towards the side gate of the school. It was quicker to go-

"...with Paigey here and you'll learn soon enough."

Oh god he did not just hear that nickname. Turning his head around the corner, he spotted Reiko, Amber and Paige... well, short figures of them... Shrugging, he walked up the sidewalk.

You're going to walk with them, aren't you. I still don't understand why you hang around with those girls.
Because they're actually quite nice most of the time. Plus if I talked with you, Brain, I'd go insane.
You're already insane.
Shut up.
You know you only hang around with them because they're cute.
Shut up shut up shut up
And that you want to get into their pan-

"OOOW!"
...and you just ran into a stobie pole. Real smart.

Staggering, he shook his head. Fuck. This couldn't go any better, wonderful start to the year.

Could be worse, you could get one knock down one of them, or knock up if you kno-
I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Amber smiled contently as Carol started talking to Reiko, more interested in the excitement of getting to probe a new face than that face getting along with her other friends. It wasn't that she wasn't interested in socialising with other people, mind, but when it came to a story she had her priorities.

Too bad for her this story would have to wait.

With a sudden beep beep, her phone buzzed in her pocket and beckoned for her to reach inside and take a look. Following on this, Amber glanced at her brightly lit cell phone screen and saw she had a text from her mother: 'Don't forget you have a dentist appointment today'.

"Darnit!" Amber thought, her face pouting with disappointment. It had completely slipped her mind that she had a checkup that day, and the last thing she wanted to do was to go there instead of talking to Carol. But sadly, she knew all too well what her mother would start saying if she didn't show up, and that was the last thing she wanted to go hom and listen to.

"Guuuuuuys," she frowned, turning back to her friends. "I can't stay, I got a stupid dentist's appointment." It was annoying, there was no doubt about it. Oh well, maybe she'd get a chance to talk to them all later.

"Carol I'll see you later." she said, looking at her missed interviewee with a frown. It was definitly disappointing, even if life was unfairly like that sometimes.

Turning around in a huff, she waved them all goodbye one last time as she left the school building. Even with the late summer sunshine glowing in the Minessota sky, Amber was not feeling happy at all.

"Stupid teeth."

((Amber Whimsy exit))
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Well, this was a good start, wasn't it? Everyone she wanted to get along was! No-one was intruding into their conversation like a raving lunat-
"OOOW!"
Unless, of course, that raving lunatic wasn't a lunatic, but Benny Boy over there. Who just ran into a stobie pole.
Oh, Benny, you are very stupid sometimes.

Well, her best friend, her partner-in-crime, and the rest of the stuff that didn't need to be said but simply printed on a business card, informed them that she had to leave.
Dentist? Who books their kids dentist appointment on the first day of school?
Paige waved goodbye, and strolled over to Ben, who still seemed to be recovering from the ramming - that sounded so wrong, didn't it?
"Hey Benny Boy. How's your summer been? Oh, and Jacob's not here, he's got work or something, I dunno, but hey Benny Boy!"
Sentence structure was lost on her, so she didn't know she said the same thing twice. Oh well, if she thought about all that stuff, she wouldn't be as popular with Reiko as she was!
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

As Reiko shook Carol's hand, she replied "Oh, alright, I guess. I think there's a lot of things I need to know about it, but..."

Wait, Amber was leaving?

Bummer! Carol was actually pretty excited for that interview. And maybe she could have learned a bit more about her, too!

She waved goodbye, saying "See you, Amber! I guess we'll do that interview later, right?"

But, before she could continue talking to the others...

A loud shout came from one direction. Wait... what was that? It sounded like a male, at least. She could see Paige walking over to a boy, who was now acting as if he injured his head. Who was he? Did he hit his head on something? By the look of things, he did in fact injure himself somehow.

Based on Paige's reaction, his nickname was "Benny Boy". So was it Ben or something along those lines? Most likely.

Carol walked up behind Paige, and asked "Do you know him?"

Of course, that was probably a stupid question, based on the fact that she was now talking to him about his summer. So, obviously she did know him! Why else would she be talking to him? After a brief pause, she started again, making sure not to ask such a dumb question.

"Is... is he alright? I think I heard him yelling."

What if he was badly injured? What then? Carol did not want to see an injury on her first day of school, of course. No one did.
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

As always, it was chaos when her friends were all in one place. Between Amber and Paige, Reiko felt like she was on a fast moving roller coaster, her head constantly shifting back and forth as the two girls bantered on. The tiny girl couldn't help but think what a blessing it was that Amber had to leave, at least that was one less person to concentrate. That relief was short lived however, as Ben (almost literally) came crashing into the group. Reiko grimaced. If there was one person she had hoped to not seeing on the first day of school, it was Ben Powell. She hadn't seen him since about mid July, and well, things didn't exactly go well then.

"Hello Ben." Reiko said somewhat icily. She hadn't intended it to come out like that, but her sub-conscious had other plans. Again, Reiko was thankful that Amber had to leave. The last thing she needed to be reminded of was the end of last year, when she had foolishly agreed to go out with Ben. It didn't last very long, but unless Ben had told the others, as far as they knew they were still dating. Reiko shot a sidelong glance at Paige, wondering if she would end up bringing it up anyways, hoping against hope she didn't. The last thing she wanted was to have an awkward conversation in front of the new girl, who seemed to be lost in all the chaos.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

"Hey Benny Boy."

...the fuck? Mate, that's... gha, I'm lost for wor- oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

Yeah, Ben just remembered Reiko and why he wanted to avoid her. Her ice cold voice struck his bones, giving him a slight pang of panic. Sure, the two of them were... well, you could call it dating, boyfriend-girlfriend stuff, but of course he was about as good at relationships as he was good around anything that could comically make his life hell. You know, telephone poles and crap that he could walk into.

"Is... is he alright? I think I heard him yelling."

Ben let out a cough and nodded. "I'm fine, do this crap all the time. Trust me, I'm... accident prone, sometimes. Don't know you, you new here?" He raised an eyebrow at the new kid.

Wow, she's cut-
Don't even think about it, brain. Reiko.

His brain wisely stopped. "Name's Ben, absent-minded professor and official tea lady of whatever club these girls are running at the moment." He extended a hand.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Memories from the Past (V4)”