PEAR TUTTERING!

Events and happenings began influencing who our characters are long before the SOTF ACT was even a glimmer in someone's eye. Have an interesting memory of your character's to share? Want to show the world why they are the way they are? Even if you just want to establish why they like comic books, this is the place to do it!
Rocky†

PEAR TUTTERING!

Post by Rocky† »

(closed to Geno, Kamikaze, and Rocky2010)

Ah, the first day of peer tutoring. One of Reika's favorite days of the year. After a nice summer break, it was time to get back into the swing of things in school. There would be new students from the freshman pack looking for help, as well as returning ones, and maybe even a couple new helpers. Already some of the students, both new and old, as well as a couple of the helpers were in the classroom designated for the peer tutoring club.

As more and more students arrived, Reika began making small talk with some of the newcomers, many of which were significantly taller than her, but that was besides the point. The supervising teacher was at his desk, reading a book, while some of the other older tutors conversed with some of the other newcomers. They would wait for about another five or ten minutes to make sure everyone who was coming was here, then they would begin.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Gwbiii†

Post by Gwbiii† »

Sarah walked towards the classroom with her brother Liam, who despite being a freshman and almost two years her junior was already several inches taller. He was also leaner, a little more formally dressed and was blessed with vastly better eyesight. Liam was a bit of a study nerd and Sarah figured she could use tutoring as an opportunity to revise some of the older stuff, so they'd both decided participating in the peer tutoring program this year was a good idea.

Sarah got there first and peaked around the door. Spotting the administrativy table, they entered and made their way over to where Reika was. Sarah spoke first.
"Uh, hey."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Gwbiiii.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Oh god why did I join this? Why did I have to? Was it necessary? Oh god...

Aileen's fingers rubbed against the sides of her forehead, as her eyes closed. She had been... pressured into joining the peer tutoring crew. At first she was reluctant, but soon she gave in, and now... she was here. Why she gave in, no one knew. But, at least she was doing something in her spare time, right?

In her lap was, as always, a book. But, here it remained closed, and was going to any minute now be back in her bag. And then, Aileen would start on whatever was needed.

She opened her eyes again to look around her. Nearby, a group of people were talking about... something. Most likely things like "How was your summer vacation?" or "Are you excited for this?" or "I saw that movie on Friday!". You know, normal things. Normal, boring things.

Perhaps she could talk to them if she needed help getting started? That could work, but Aileen... wasn't a social individual. Quite the opposite, actually. On the other hand, it was a lot more intelligent a move to talk to people if you needed help for something.

Eh. Damn it all. She might as well at least ask around, and get to know any social codes and some such here.

And so, after picking up the book she had, she had made her decision. Flipping one braid over her shoulder, Aileen lifted herself out of her seat, and hesitantly approached the group, wondering if she was going to regret it. However, by the look of things, someone else had the same idea, and was now introducing herself to the group with a small "Uh, hey". Did she know them? Maybe, maybe not. Also, judging by how things looked, it would seem that one girl, whose height made it unclear for Aileen just how old she was for some reason, was currently leading the conversation, and judging by her attitude, was either a person who went here regularly, or someone new but very friendly. In any case... couldn't hurt.

Aileen cleared her throat.

"Excuse me."
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

Reika greeted Sarah with enthusiasm, as well as Aileen when she approached.

"Welcome. My name is Reika Ishida. I wouldn't say I'm in charge, but I'm one of the senior members, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. First though, I'm going to need your full names, and if you are here to tutor or be tutored?"

Reika would write some things down on the clipboard she was carrying as they gave their answers, before pulling out a thin black marker and jotting down something on a seperate sheet under the first one. Peeling off two nametags, each with the first names of the respective girls, she handed them each to the girls.

"Because this is our first meeting, you will be required to wear these. Doesn't matter where, just as long as we can see them." Reika said with a smile at the two girls.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Gwbiii†

Post by Gwbiii† »

Ok... that introduction was a bit more formal than Sarah'd been expecting. She looked to the other girl for the first reply, but she didn't seem too forthcoming.

"Uh, Sarah Xu. With an X U. And I think I'm tutoring."
"Liam Xu. I'm a tutee."

Sarah thought it a bit odd only the tutors were being given nametags (it was going to make her job harder for a start, she'd never been good with names). Anyhow, after briefly considering sticking the nametag somewhere odd, like her forehead, she stuck and carefully flattened it against her shirt.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Gwbiiii.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

And then suddenly, the short girl started spouting off information, like her name (Reika Ishida?), her status (senior tutor), and a need for both their names (obvious). Seriously, it was if she was some kind of robot that was designed to be enthusiastic about tutoring. Well, Aileen was pretty sure tutoring wasn't the kind of thing people usually got excited over. Then again, sometimes she would see her classmates get excited over strange things. Ah well, it'll only be a little while before this session will be over, and she could go home and do whatever.

Well, that other girl, and what appeared to be her brother, replied. Tutors too, huh? Anyways, Aileen herself should say something, so...

"Aileen Borden. That's with an 'A' at the front, not an 'E'".

Ah, the old name scenario. How many time did people think her name was Eileen, instead of Aileen? Sure they were identical, but... you know, different. Guess it was because Eileen was more common. But it still was kind of an awkward experience. But, anyways...

"Oh, and I'll be tutoring here."

With that, Aileen noticed that Reika was now writing down her name, as well as the other girl's (Sarah?), on nametags. Oh, great! Now she'll have to have a little "Hello, my name is Aileen" sticker on her chest. Eh, wasn't that bad, but those... were kind of weird. Ah well.

The other girl smiled as she handed her the nametag with her name, and said that she could place it wherever. With an eyebrow raised, Aileen reached for the sticker in a slow motion, as if it could hurt her. But, soon enough the thing was on her shirt. And now... came the hard part; asking the questions. With a deep breath, Aileen began.

"Well... is there anything we could know before we start?"

Crossing her arms, with her book still in her hand, Aileen waited for an answer.

Return to “Memories from the Past (V4)”