Please Stand By

Brendan Wallace oneshot

Events and happenings began influencing who our characters are long before the SOTF ACT was even a glimmer in someone's eye. Have an interesting memory of your character's to share? Want to show the world why they are the way they are? Even if you just want to establish why they like comic books, this is the place to do it!
Brackie

Please Stand By

Post by Brackie »

The last month of Brendan's therapy had gone exceptionally well. Even if he didn't tell her, his therapist had helped him immensely. He still hated attempting to speak to the annoyances known as his peers, but he was okay with that. He knew that that step would be reached eventually, but he was grateful that he was actually able to keep a secret from anyone this long.

However, this time, that bitch had gone too far.

In what Brendan hoped afterwards would be his final session, she had suggested that he was ready. Ready to speak to people, ready to make friends, and ready to make enemies. He was really hoping that she would not have asked about his internet life, but she did. He told her exactly 17 days ago, and now she told him that this was a problem as well. It was...unhealthy for him to be away from real people. He always knew that, but he never cared. And now, was she actually telling him to give it up? The one outlet of his that allowed him to express himself, however sick and twisted it may be? At the end of the session, he slammed his door on the way out.

But when Brendan actually thought about it, he realised she was right. Either he would spend the rest of his life away from human contact, while the void that could only be filled with the satisfaction he gained from the praise of individuals just as sick and twisted in the mind as himself would only continue to become bigger...or he could get a fucking life.

Brendan sat down at his computer, not really sure how to start. First, he opened up his major blog. The rants, about various subjects which he always regretted later, as there was always opposition, were all listed in past entries. He started a new entry, and tried to think about what to write. He started off with the basics:

Hey, this is shortfuse

And from thereon in, everything he was thinking simply flowed out.

Hey, this is shortfuse

And for all my readers out there, I have unfortunate news.

This is my last entry.

I know from the many, many comments that have been left that you probably won't like this, but after many deliberations, which I have been thinking about over the last couple of months, that it would be best for me and my mental state if I stop this.

Because everything I do is just wrong.

I have met many people since I started out who have the exact same mindset as me. They hate the world, they dont like anything, and they enjoy the dark works I wrote. I know many of you are thinking 'What works? What's 'just wrong'? You're pointing out bad things in the world!' To you, I point you towards my fanfiction.net account, under the same name. All of these were written in a dark time in my life, and I was not in the write state of mind. I wrote them to get rid of the sick and twisted thoughts that plagued my mind, not to entertain myself or anyone else, but people were entertained anyway. You know who are, and quite frankly I'm disgusted with you (sorry for sounding like a mum, but hey).

And as for my rants here...well, what's the point of ranting? We only have a precious amount of years left in our lives, in comparison to the timeline of the earth, and why should I be complaining about movies, or about politics? These people just make them to entertain people they know would be entertained by it, and politicians, well they do it because they have to. As for everything else, its not perfect, but its our world. If you don't like it, live under a fucking rock for all I care. Go down to the bottom of the ocean, or in outer space. But just stop looking for things to complain about.

As well as doing what is best for me, I'm trying to help you. Not to entertain you, but to help you. Those of you who do look for things to complain about, just stop and smell the roses, whether they be wilted or not, they are roses. Those of you who simply happen to find this popular and do have a life, well then you just have one less thing to read.
Maybe in a few years, once I grow up with experience, I will come back, but until then, I look out for me.

So for the last time, I say...adios, muchachoes.

Brendan's mouse hovered over the send button, not sure whether he should go through with this.

No. Just do it.

Brendan clicked on the send button, and watched as the view counted started racking up. He paid no mind to it, and clicked on the large SIGN OUT button. Closing the window, he opened up several new windows, and followed suit without explaination for any of them either.

fanfiction.net...Logoout

thatguywiththeglasses...Logout

Blogspot...Logout

Livejournal...Logout

...Logout

...Logout

...Logout

After about half an hour, he had finished. It was then he looked in the options for his browser and found the option 'Erase Cookies'.

Well that was needlessly dramatic.

Just to make sure he got them all, he erased the cookies anyway, and let out a faint smile.

Finally. I can begin my life. My real life.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!

Return to “Memories from the Past (V4)”