Candy Corn & Alcopops

Everyone's invited, wear a costume.

Events and happenings began influencing who our characters are long before the SOTF ACT was even a glimmer in someone's eye. Have an interesting memory of your character's to share? Want to show the world why they are the way they are? Even if you just want to establish why they like comic books, this is the place to do it!
KelleyA†

Candy Corn & Alcopops

Post by KelleyA† »

((Katherine Daramour debut))

Katherine sucked in the oxygen from the air, her thin eyebrows raising, before the air whooshed back out again. She'd been to a few crappy houseparties thrown by the alumni of Bayview Secondary, but she hadn't yet thrown one. That would change tonight, it was Halloween. Trick or fucking treat, maybe if she had kept single she might of been hauled along as arm candy to one of the Jock's parties and spend the night sitting by the stairs shrugging off drunken propositions. But no, she was in a relationship, a crappy kinda one at that. Danny Rhode's, the most popular guy of last year, he was also belonged to one of St Paul's richest families. As his parents were at home he convinced Katherine to host his planned shindig in an attempt to improve his already intimidating social status amongst the current Bayview Seniors.

He hadn't arrived yet, nobody had. The Daramour household was large, paper skeletons and friendly ghosts hung from trees outside and Jack-O-Lanterns surrounded the pool out back. Big paper cobwebs with rubber spiders were hung over windows and orange, black and purple streams ran across the ceiling. There was some rock music echoing through the house on the soundsystem, the volume had been turned down until people began arriving. The kitchen was full of candy, snacks, dixie cubs and some alcohol, enough for the party to get started. Danny had assured Katherine that people would bring booze as the night progressed, there could even be a keg.

The sky wasn't yet pitch black yet, and trick or treaters were soon to head home and trade candy. The guests (many of whom she probably didn't even know, apparantly the whole senior grade had gotten invites) were due to arrive soon, maybe within the next five minutes. Katherine stared up at the clock, sure the Daramour family had a big house, but not THAT big...She hugged herself, looking around with one eyebrow raised. Maybe the decor was a little cheesy, but she wanted to make an impression. The Daramour's never really celebrated Halloween, she didn't know what the standard was and maybe went a little overboard.

Was her Halloween Costume okay? Girls dress slutty on Halloween, but you also had to keep within the spectrum, was her own outfit too slutty or not even slutty enough? She was wearing a mock wedding dress with the skirt cut jagged midway down her thighs, and splattered with stage blood. She wore stockings and heels and had teary make up, she was an ex-wife. She had a fake axe, but she'd set it down, she didn't really need to show off if nobody was even at the party yet. The doorbell rung.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KelleyA. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

((Courtney Bradley, Memories Debut))

Struggling to see properly in the dark as she walked along the street, Courtney turned a corner to what she thought was the road that housed the hostess of the halloween party she was headed for.

In a bout of no imagination, Courtney's costume consisted of some old clothes she'd ripped with scissors, a convieniently bandaged up arm, copius ammounts of fake blood, and an airsoft gun, which was in her bag.

Well, there's no way I'm getting arrested before I even get to the party

She walked up to the house, which was decorated in typical halloween fashion and rang the doorbell, leaving a trace of the fake blood on her hands on it.

"Hi!" She said, grinning.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

Well the first person had arrived, Katherine pulled open the large front door and stifled an 'Oh'. She was expecting it to be Danny, giving the place a once over or something. But it was some skinny red head who looked like she belonged in a zombie epidemic. Weren't girls supposed to dress a little....less butch? Katherine didn't know her name, but didn't want to sound rude. She couldn't be 'the new girl' forever.

"Hi" The redhead said.

Oooh, she's British...that's kinda, cool I guess. Katherine thought, and let her fake hatchet hang limply at her side. "Hi" She replied, before peering over the girls shoulder as if looking to see if anybody else was arriving. Just look cool okay? Look as if you don't have time for her, that's what Danny says....but he's an arsehole.

"Well, you're the first person here, er...it's a ghost town at the moment, but the pace should pick up soon." Katherine said with a smile, and let the girl in, before squinting through the darkness to see if anybody other Senior's were coming along the street.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KelleyA. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Jennifer Perez was not excited about the party, not at all. She wasn't going for herself. She didn't like parties, really; they always seemed more trouble than they were worth. They were the epicenters of drama and conflict, things Jennifer preferred to distance herself from. She hoped that this party would be different. She hoped that everything would go well.

She knew her hope was almost certainly in vain. She was only coming because some of her friends were, some of the Junior class' least mature members. They were great fun to be around, albeit a bit tiring. Unfortunately, though, they could be quite pushy at times. She had tried to talk her way out of going to the party, tried to explain that she was busy (which wasn't exactly true), tried to plead fatigue, but they had just ignored her and before she knew it she had agreed to come.

Now that she was actually approaching the party, she tried to hold on to her hope that things would turn out well. She hoped her costume looked alright. It wasn't a sexy costume; Jennifer had never liked the sexualization of Halloween. She was dressed as a witch, wearing a long black dress, conservatively cut, and a wide, pointy black hat, and carrying a twisted broomstick. She had made the dress and hat herself two days before. It had been a particularly simple project. Jennifer could not fathom why some people spent large amounts of money on outfits they could whip up on a sewing machine in two hours without any trouble.

Of course, not everyone has sewing machines. And not everyone cares enough to make sure they get a quality product. And not everyone needs to even think about the money they spend on costumes.

The house was ahead, decked out in Halloween decorations, pretty typical stuff, nothing too gory, thankfully. It looked fairly abandoned.

Jennifer's cell phone rang, and she whipped it out. The caller was one of the friends who had invited her to the party, explaining that he had told her the wrong time, and that her friends were all going to show up an hour later. Jennifer responded that it was no problem, she'd see them then, then hung up. She felt rage building inside of her, pressure building like a tea kettle left too long on a high-powered burner.

Those fucking assholes make me come to a party I don't even want to be at, and besides that give me the wrong fucking time? What do they think, I have nothing better to do than wait around for them? Fuck them!

Then she saw someone else walk up to the house door, which opened, and immediately her anger lost its steam, as it always quickly did. The party was already going on. She wouldn't be stuck waiting for everyone. Her friends would just be late. She could live with that.

She walked up the path behind the arriving girl, who seemed to be dressed as a zombie, and said, "Um, so, is this the, um, Halloween party? I'm, um, I'm sorry if I'm early."
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

"Oh!" Katherine didn't notice the witch directly behind the redhead. She held the door open, for the girl to come inside. The party was starting, if not a little slow, she was expecting groups of friends to be arriving in clumps. She had never been early to a party, it felt weird, especially as it was her own.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

"Eh, I'm sure there'll be tonnes of people later." Courtney said, wiping her feet and taking a few quiet steps into the house. She pulled her phone out of her pocket, checked for any missed calls or texts from her dad. She'd have hated to have needed to walk back, especially if it started to rain... or if she was the only one to turn up at the party of a girl she barely knew.

Courtney hung up her jacket on the coat rack and turned round, spotting a sorta-familiar face. She was half-sure it was one of the Jennifers... was it Perez or Romita? She guessed Perez due to the fact she was actually wearing clothes, but you could never really be sure, right?

"Well," She turned and looked at Jen Whichever-it-Was; dressed up as a witch. Interesting costume choice, really. Bit more imagination than her "costume", anyhow. "I think we might actually be the first two here."

She walked into the lounge and grabbed a drink, before flopping to the sofa and looking out the window, trying to see if anyone was going past. No one but the prerequisite small children, occasionally accompanied by the sporadic adult or two. No one she recognised.

"Huh," Courtney took a sip of the drink. "Beats trick or treating, doesn't it?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The girl in the door, Katherine something-or-other, the party's hostess, Jennifer thought, made a little surprised noise. The zombie, whose name Jennifer also thought started with a C or K sound, walked inside, turned around and said she thought they were the first two.

Oh, what fucking fantastic luck I have. I get here awkwardly early, startle the hostess, and can't remember the only other guest's name, even though I know I've seen her around for years.

"Oh," she said, "I'm, um, I'm sorry to be so early. My friends, gave me, uh the wrong time, and they didn't find out until, until a couple of minutes ago."

She stepped inside, and looked around. It seemed like a nice place. Hopefully it wouldn't get too crowded. Jennifer liked having space to herself. She wasn't the sort who enjoyed much physical contact with other people, especially strangers. She didn't like dancing much, though she usually was pressured into it by her friends.

The zombie girl said that the party beat trick-or-treating, and Jennifer responded with a rather lame laugh and a "yeah". She would have preferred to have been trick-or-treating, or even sitting by the door, passing out candy.

"So, uh, anywhere we should wait?" she asked, feeling a little awkward, "anything I can do to help set up for the party? I, um, I brought this."

She pulled her contribution to the party's food out from her bag. She didn't know if she was supposed to bring food, or beer, or something, but she couldn't get alcohol and wouldn't have if she could. She had brought, instead, a two liter bottle of Coca-Cola and a bag of Cheetos.

Jennifer held them up, hoping she wasn't making too big a fool of herself.

At least no one else is here to see you yet...
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Carol Burke stood just on the sidewalk, as she glanced over her invite one more time.

Was she at the right place? Well, she had looked at the street signs over and over, and found that she was indeed getting close. But, what if she misinterpreted? Or what if... it was all a ruse? After all, she was still seen as "that new kid from Nevada" to some, and there might be some people out there who would try to torment someone from out of state, by throwing a fake party.

But, everyone had received an invite, so it would be working way too hard, just to prank one person. So... yeah. And now here she was, wearing a Dracula costume, with her recently dyed black hair slicked back with gel, and with a paper shopping bag full of drinks and a bunch of cupcakes she had made. The Dracula costume she had bought from a store, and it looked really good on her. Only problem with it was that people would mistake her for a male again, but Carol wasn't concerned about that. In a way, it was hilarious whenever people thought she was a boy, which she didn't really understand why they did it.

Looking across the street, she saw that the house across from where she was had the same number as the invite said. Carol could see that there were people there, and the house was decorated. So... was this it, then? From where she was standing, she could see a witch, someone in a bloody white dress, and someone covered in bandages. Bandage-girl and witch were just entering, so that would mean White Dress is the host?

Folding her invite and placing it in her costume's pocket, Carol lifted her bag, and, after looking both ways for cars, crossed the street, heading towards the house.

After a few seconds pause, she stopped only a couple of feet from the door and tried to say something. She was feeling a little shy, and she had trouble saying anything. Carol knew what she wanted to say, but somehow, she had trouble getting it out. Dang, she had no idea meeting new people in new places could be difficult sometimes! But, she'd probably calm down, once she got in.

"Excuse me... is this the-"

Carol placed her bag down, took out her invite again, and read it out loud.

"-Daramour household?"

She prayed to god she didn't look like an idiot, and this was it. She hoped. What was there to do, then?
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

((Don't wait for me to reply guys, just jump in and start introducing your characters to each other ; ) ))

God damn, I say god damn! This is the polar opposite of a sausage fest! Katherine thought as the girls poured in. A zombie was the first and she said she was sure people would arrive later on, she then said. "Beats trick or treating, anyhow."

Oh that was really comforting, anything was better than trick or treating at this age. Katherine sighed, starting to get nervous. Another girl came in, "Oh," she said, "I'm, um, I'm sorry to be so early. My friends, gave me, uh the wrong time, and they didn't find out until, until a couple of minutes ago." She looked like she had been put on the spot, Katherine set her axe down against the wall. "It's okay, you just go mingle or something, I'm sure everyone else will be here soon!" She couldn't help thinking that what she had just said was a poisonous lie.

"So, uh, anywhere we should wait?" Katherine smiled and motioned towards the lounge and dining areas, "Well out of the cold duh." And in reply to the girls second question, she simply said "Nope, but if you need to ask anything don't...uh...don't hesitate?" The girl than showed some snacks and Katherine winked, bid her thanks and took them to the kitchen. She ripped open the Cheeto's and ripped the packet open, keeping one eye staring through the serving hatch to see if the girls were 'mingling' yet. She poured the Cheeto's into a bowl, before popping one into her mouth and gave a slight moan. She was always eating healthy crap, this cheese puff or whatever was like an orgasm on her tounge. You could write an erotic novel, food fetishes...mmmm, I wonder what that Laverne girl would think? Katherine thought with a giggle, before scolding herself. Don't be mean, at least she has a personality...or something.

She took the bowl of Cheeto's and rested them on the ledge of the serving hatch, before taking the cola bottle over to the dining room table amongst the dixie cups. "I hope to goood somebody brings some Malibu..." She murmured, she set the bottle down and raised a finger to her mouth, before slowly sliding it down her chin to the nape of her neck. Somebody else had arrived.

She trotted to the front door and looked at a she-dracula, it brought a smile to her lips, the good kind. Eitherway, the girl seemed like she was shitting bricks. "Excuse me... is this the-" She started, "-Daramour household?"

"Well it says Daramour on the mailbox." Katherine said, "The party is inside, but it hasn't really started yet, your like early. And god damn I hope somebody brings some Malibu."

Return to “Memories from the Past (V4)”