Walkabout

Temp. Private Thread / [later removed]

Those expecting quick and easy escape will find themselves out of luck when they find themselves at the docks. They are a long L-shaped series of sturdy wooden planks with multiple spaces for boats to park. The boards are often wet and slick during turbulent weather and one slip could send a student into the salty sea below.
Riz†

Walkabout

Post by Riz† »

((Darren Locke continued from Orientation))

Darren had very little reason for choosing to go east, none grounded in any real logic at any rate. What he knew above all else was that he needed to get as far away from Dallas' body as he could. Not out of fear, guilt, or even common squeamishness. No, he needed to leave because the sight of a corpse who was so recently a friendly face had made his terrible circumstances so.... tangible. The body was absolute proof that he was in the most unenviable of situations: Survival of the Fittest.

He knew of the show and the infamy that surrounded it, yet he had unconsciously dismissed it as a hoax. A complex, well-funded exercise in deception, like David Blaine. It had to have been petty marketable controversy, all in the name of earning ratings and spreading word-of-mouth. How could it all be real? How could one man possibly get away with this abomination even once, let alone three times? More to the point, had Darren allowed his mind to accept the possibility that it were real, what other horrible revelations would that train of thought lead him to? It was a slippery slope that his brain had so casually refused to accept, and now that he was here, trudging along the barren remains of a forest with the purpose of escaping the sight of a dead body.... well, the evidence that he had been wrong was piling up.

He had taken all of his belongings and stuffed them into his own duffel bag. The pack assigned to him lay discarded in his wake, empty and unwanted. He was slowly beginning to accept the terrible truth of where he was and what was being asked of him, but he would not be a number on a scoreboard. No, that much he knew beyond any doubt. He, Darren Locke, would not be identified in any way as B106.

He had stowed the gladius away in the duffel along with everything else, having decided right away that it would be unwise to have it on hand. Anything he might say to appeal to his fellow students would sound a lot less sincere coming from someone brandishing a sword. If the time came, however, if he really did need it, say, in self-defense....

No. Best not to think about that just yet.

Darren shook his head to clear his thoughts. He really had been walking for a long time. What few tree stumps still stretched in this direction were now beginning to disappear completely. Squinting ahead, he was surprised to see the eastern shoreline expanding into view. Invigorated by a second wind, he hoisted the pack higher onto his shoulder and took off sprinting. As the water came into view, so did a long series of docks. He wondered foolishly for a moment of boats, or even swimming to freedom, but he was sure the collar around his neck would kill him before he made it very far. The harshness of this realization did not faze him much, and only when he felt his shoe land on the creaking wood did he slow to a stroll.

He looked around slowly for a moment and, satisfied that he was alone, sat on the edge of one of the docks and let his feet dangle above the waves. The ocean stretched ahead for an eternity. He wondered where on Earth he could possibly be, and if there was the slightest of chances that someone would find out the answer and bring rescue. He wondered if his friends were safe, and if they were doing a better job of looking for him than he was for them. A twinge of guilt tightening in his chest, he resolved to scour as much of the island as he needed to in order to find them. But this moment right now.... this was something he needed. This was the perfect cleanser for his mind, exactly what he had been looking for since leaving the felled forest.

The view really was too beautiful.

Reaching into his duffel bag, Darren took out a loaf of bread and began to eat.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Riz. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((Jamie Li continued from What She Came For))

Upon second thought, the decision to take off into the forest had probably been a poor one, though it had probably spared Jamie Li the confrontation that she so desperately wanted to avoid. As a smaller student, it was relatively easy for her to make her way around trees and over bushes, but by steering clear of the beaten path, it had elongated her journey by several hours. There had been a few times that she'd come within the viscinity of voices, some sounding angry, and others frightened, and each time she'd stayed close to the ground, trying to avoid being seen. Her small stature was certainly coming in handy, and her basic agility training was something of a godsend for navigating the trecherous terrain. Even still, the trek was long, but as she emerged from the woods at the eastern edge of the island, Jamie knew that she had finally reached her destination.

Insert 'final' destination remark here. That's a pun so bad that I even refuse to make it in my head.

Momentarily coming to a stop, while simletaneously looking around and catching her breath, Jamie saw that she had indeed arrived at the edge of the island. As far as she could see, the entire location was uninhabited, save for one far-off soul sitting at the end of one of the old wooden docks.

Oh God.

For the first time in her stay on the island, Jamie found herself paralyzed with fear. She'd moved to take a step towards the docks, but her body had not moved, and her mind was only now catching up with the true gravity of the choice she had to make. The person at the end of the dock - he could be someone who was looking to do whatever needed to be done in order to survive, and if Jamie were to stride right up to him, that could leave her facing down the remaining moments of her life as a bloody husk on the ground. And yet...

I can't be afraid of every single person out there. It doesn't make any sense, and it's not in my nature. If someone's going to try and kill me, then they're going to do it whether or not I wander up and say hello to them, or not. If someone's truly snapped, and lost their shit, then it won't matter how long I try and stay away from them...they'll get me in the end.

She paused, her face going sour at her own train of thought.

Well, that is, if I LET them. Which, um - fuck that, is not happening!

She snapped out of her paralysis. Her brain, as usual, was right. There was no point in becoming afraid of every single person on the island. Most of them would probably be friendly, and the odds were that in the beginning, at least, having a friend was far more useful than being in solitude. Having someone to talk to was ... well, it was important. As such, Jamie started off towards the docks. Her pace was steady at first, trying not to make too much noise as she approached the boy, slowing to a more deliberate pace. He never turned around as she approached, which - of course, should have given her a reason to dread, but did nothing to cease her pace towards him. She still couldn't tell who he was from here; from behind, he could have been any number of boys in her grade.

Hopefully at the very least, he's cute. If I'm going to die, I'd rather not get killed by some ugly kid. The indignity!

She smirked. As long as her wits remained intact, she'd be okay. Stopping about eight or nine feet behind the boy, she knew that at this distance, he likely knew that she was there, and if he was going to attack, he probably would have already. At least, she hoped.

"Hey there, stranger! Sure is a nice view you've got here. All we need is a beach, a couple of towels, and a case of beer, and we're set, right?"

Her lighter tone made her hope that the boy wouldn't jump up and pump bullets into her. That would certainly be a disasterous end to the day.

One could only hope.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Riz†

Post by Riz† »

"Hey there, stranger! Sure is a nice view you've got here. All we need is a beach, a couple of towels, and a case of beer, and we're set, right?"

The voice was light and conversational, so refreshingly lacking in hostility that Darren gave a casual glance over his shoulder without a trace of the jitters. He vaguely recognized the girl standing a few feet away, but couldn't put a name to her face. He smiled and nodded, then after gulping down a chunk of bread, replied "That sure does sound nice, but if this is as close as we get, I'll die a happy man."

The smile faded quickly from his face. The words had come out before he had grasped just how grim and stupid they sounded. He tried to cover the sticky moment by turning back towards the water and tearing off another chunk of bread. It didn't help much, so he finished this particularly large bite and tried again.

"But yes, I really needed this view right now to clear my head," he said without looking back at her. "I figured something remotely normal-looking might give me a different perspective on this whole situation. There are people- back there," he turned for a moment and gestured to the woods farther inland, "who would call it stalling. But it's not. I feel like, and I'd love to be wrong about this, that too many people are already so willing to play right into the hands of these.... these individuals."

He stopped suddenly. He hoped she didn't think he was trying to spark some sort of moral debate. He knew they were all in an impossible situation with no easily justifiable way of escaping. It was just lose-lose all around. Everyone would no doubt have a different way of coping with such an ultimatum. His was to seek solace and clarity.

If this is stalling.... If this really is just delaying the inevitable, then at least I'll have a clear conscience when the time comes.

He blinked a few times in the sunlight to snap himself back to the moment.

"Sorry," he grinned sheepishly as he turned back to the girl. "I'm Darren, Darren Locke. Bread?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Riz. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
selphie_trabia†

Post by selphie_trabia† »

((Sarah Tan continued from Twists and Turns with permission from Riz.))

Sarah ran across the beach, trying to keep her footsteps as light as possible, which was proving quite difficult given her shoe's tendency to sink into the soft sand. She was beginning to curse herself for not sticking to the concrete pathway afforded by travelling towards the town, but she'd mapped out her route so that she'd hit the infirmary first and she was going to follow through with her plans no matter what happened.

There was sand in her shoes. She was irritated about that. She brightened a little, though, as she spotted the docks, the next landmark on her trip, a few metres away from her. Sarah ran up the dunes of beach sand towards them, hoping to empty her shoes of sand once she reached the wooden planks of the docks. She but stopped suddenly and began to proceed a little more slowly as she saw that the structure was currently occupied.

Ever so slowly, Sarah made her way around the side of the docks, then onto the actual structure. She didn't recognise either of the students on the docks, but it always helped to be extra careful in the face of danger. Her gait changed as well, switching from the loud running patter to a more calculated method of foot placement, testing each step with the tip of her feet before fully placing her weight down so as to minimise the amount of noise she was making. Her breathing changed as well, from shallow little puffs to slow deep breaths.

Sarah watched the other two for a while, making no effort to hide herself, but also making sure that her footfalls and her presence would be more difficult to detect. She had (in the words of Stephen King) gone dim. Well, as dim as she could go, considering that she wasn't actually a magical pixie, imp or evil dude named Flagg. Slowly, she approached the the docks, making sure to stay far enough away that she'd be able to run away easily should the other students on it prove hostile.

As quickly as she could, she slipped one shoe off, emptying it of sand, then repeating for the other shoe. She slid the shoes back on and backed off from the other students until she was well out of sight, making her way to the concrete road that led to the infirmary.

She started to run, knowing that she'd have to hurry if she were to keep her promise to the others.

((Sorry for the peekaboo post, but someone else urgently needs Sarah and this thread seems pretty stuck. >_> Sarah continued on in Filling Prescriptions))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler selphie_trabia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((Riz, many apologies. School is owning me REALLY hard, this should have been up days ago))

He didn't shoot me. Score one for...well, me!

The boy didn't react nearly as violently as Jamie's wild imagination had indicated. Instead, he merely glanced back at her, quipped back at her with about the same minimal level of enthusiasm, and then finally turned and ruminated about their dismal circumstances. He mentioned something about stalling, and at that, her smirk slowly turned into a genuine (yet small) smile. If sitting here, meandering about and trying to avoid participating in a horrific contest in which the overwhelming odds were placed squarely on "death", Jamie felt that stalling sounded like the best idea she'd heard all day.

At his invitation, Jamie softly shook her head and politely declined.

"No, thank you. My body's still running really well on adrenaline and fear. My name's Jamie. I'm pretty sure I've seen you around school? Out and about, maybe?"

Her shoulders sagged, and she finally found herself relaxing. Darren obviously wasn't going to attack her - if he'd been going to, he'd had ample opportunity to do so by now. She couldn't help the feeling of anxiety that seemed to stick around, even though she'd managed to collect herself adequately enough back at the Greens. The fact that people were out and trying to kill her? That really tended to put a damper on a person's spirits, so Jamie figured that for now, at least, she could forgive herself.

Stepping a bit closer to the boy, she found her leg coming to a rest against one of the dock anchors, a metallic cylindrical pole that she imagined had once been used to moor boats, whenever this island had been in use by actual people. Glancing down, she sat on the anchor, shifting a tad uncomfortably at first, but found that it provided a somewhat welcome reprieve from her tired and groaning feet. As tired as she was, in talking to someone who seemed to be as caught up with their own thoughts as she had been, she felt a surge of total honesty coming on, ready to smack Darren right in the face - whether he wanted it, or not.

Darren's got a point. The view's lovely, and for all we know, we're in for a long haul of not-so-lovely scenes of violence. Yay. Just fucking yay.

"Everyone that I've come across so far has been...well, a little freaked out, but nobody's been violent. I'm sure that's a pipe-dream that's just waiting to be shattered, but I can't help but consider the fact that we're a big high school class. I'm sure there's bound to be a couple of loose screws that nobody knew about? I just...It doesn't..."

Jamie trailed off. Mentally, she was making a list of virtually all of the friends that she had at school. Somewhat disturbingly, few of her close friends had chosen to attend the massive school trip. Which meant...

"It feels a little bit like the first day of school, all over again. I've got a couple of people who I'd call friendly lurking about, but...a lot of my really close friends, they're not here. My best bud, he...he went and took the blame for a stupid stunt that I pulled, and he's not here. I'm sure that everyone's looking to find their friends and try and figure a way out of this, but...I really don't have anyone that springs to mind."

She looked out at the ocean, admiring the pretty view that stretched out before them.

"What I'm trying to...what I'm getting at here is that this whole thing...I don't...my mind doesn't know how to take it. I've gone over and over it in my head, and it just doesn't compute! I'm not really much of a 'think about it too much' kind of girl, either. I tend to go with the flow...but I really don't know what to do. I'm not ready to roll over and die, but..."

Jamie's hands went up in frustration. "...I'm lost. Totally and utterly lost."

She paused for a moment, and it so happened that the speakers concealed around the area took that moment to come to life and start broadcasting the game's first announcement. The sinister voice of Mr. Danya chilled Jamie to the bone. She'd heard the voice before, during her occasional bits of curiousity about the show, and it drove even more fear into her heart now that she was hearing it addressed (broadly, but nonetheless) to her. As Danya began to list off the deaths, Jamie felt the blood drain from her face as the list just kept going on, and on, and on...

...nineteen people!

She'd counted. Nineteen people, already dead. That was two thirds of a small classroom. It could mean that of her thirty person English class, nineteen of those kids could have been gone. In a day, just like that. The names impacted her less than the revelation of the number. Some were names that were familiar to her, and others she couldn't recall. But it didn't really matter. What TRULY mattered was the number.

Nineteen dead.

...and it's only the first day. How lovely.

She sat, stupified and looking shaken, saying nothing, just hearing the number repeated over and over within her mind.

Nineteen.
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Mr. Administration†

Post by Mr. Administration† »

((Lily Ainsworth continued from What She Came For.))

Lily smiled to herself, she could feel the bottom of her feet begin to ache but it was a feeling she loved. It meant she had gone far and deep down inside she wanted to go as far as possible and never stop going, her feet slowly whittled down into nubs and her body slowly shrinking with wear. She raised her hand to her lips and laughed softly, even though inside she was aching as much as the soles on her feet.

Soles, souls, what a thought, huh?

Climbing over another fallen tree drew Lily back to her days at school. She laughed once more. It was always just a little bit lonely, but only because she didn't decide to be mean to everyone she met. It was of her own personal philosophy that you should treat others as nicely as possible, though you could give yourself a bit of a break if they decided to strike with their words first. When that happened, Lily was always able to slip a subtle word in and what fun it was. She stifled another laugh, she knew if she got going she wouldn't be able to stop until she fell over and began to cry.

I'm sure Jamie went in this direction...

The only thing keeping her going at this point was the thought of something more, that she was going to do something special. Maybe she was a little delusional but she wasn't going to stop until she felt she was right where she belong and so far, Ms. Jamie Li was the only person on the island to actually be genuinely nice, not try and drag her along because she seemed simple and had a machine gun. She didn't care about survival, she wanted to follow and she wanted to help and as she nearly stumbled out of the edge of the forest she saw the figure of one Jamie Li and another boy on the nearby dock. She burst into her biggest smile and hopped down towards the dock, stopping before hitting the wooden planks.

As she took a moment to catch her breath, the announcements began to cut through the air. One name after the other only settled the stone sitting in Lily's stomach. She watched with genuine empathy as Jamie Li sat and looked as if her world was caving in. Lily scrunched her face and stepped over, lowering herself next to Jamie, placing a careful hand on her shoulder.

"It's Lily." She began, looking over at Darren and nodding. "Lily Ainsworth."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mr. Administration. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((Nik Kronwall continued from: Ten Shades of Gray))

It had certainly been a shorter walk then Nik had anticipated as his wonderful directions had taken himself and Fiona in the opposite direction of where he wanted to go. As they walked, they could plainly see the docks approaching them. There appeared to be a small gathering of two or three people down there.

"May as well see if they are friendly or not, and warn them about Omar Burton." Nik said slowly while keeping his eyes focused on the people.

Nik's footsteps were halted though by the booming voice of the man known as Mr. Danya. It appeared it was time for him to read off the list of people who had died. Nik's stomach did a few turns as he read off Warren's death.

How can this man seem to love what is happening here? He is a sick m--...

Nik's train of thought was cut short by Danya saying, "Sixteenth to pass on was Brent Shanahan, who really picked the wrong guy to wind up. The track record of our hockey players has been pretty good over the years, and it looks like Staffan of the Kronwall brothers intends to maintain that streak. He shoots - he scores!"

Nik feel to his knees. It felt like the world itself had driven a spike into his heart. His own brother had killed someone.

"Why...DAMN IT!! Gud forbanna den. Staffan Varfor?!!"

The roar of pain bellowed from Nik's lungs as he stared angrily at the nearest camera and speaker.

"Jag vill doda du Danya!!!"

Nik cried out in his native tongue once again as he rose and ran towards the nearest camera, drawing out his gun as he ran.

"You put us here! You! You made us scared. You make us fight. You son of a bitch, you ruined my brother. HE WAS MY BROTHER AND NOW HE KILLED SOMEONE! ARRRAAGHH!"

Nik reared his hand back, ready to smash the camera to bits, but something stopped him. The memory of last season where people were killed for destroying cameras stopped Nik's hand from coming forward. Instead, Niklas Kronwall stood there, staring at the camera in front of him with a look of frozen fury. His nostrils flared and retracted, his breating was heavy. He was truly lost as to what he should do next.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

((Fiona Sparki continued from Ten Shades of Gray))

Fiona Sparki walked beside Nik silently with her bag slung along one shoulder and her axe gripped tightly in her left hand. She noticed that an ocean came into view with a few docks scattered here and there. There seemed to be three figures standing on the dock, not doing anything notable; probably just talking or planning. Fiona figured that as long as the small group wasn't attacking each other or attempting to push each other into the waters beneath the dock, it would probably be okay. They seemed approachable, but... She looked up at Nik to see what he would say.

She nodded in agreement as he mentioned warning them of Omar and continued to walk forward. "Good idea. They don't seem violent to me, and maybe they've seen Evelyn or your bro," she suggested, re-adjusting the strap of her bag.

She gasped at the sound of the voice coming from the speaker and immediately looked around as if she expected God himself to be speaking to her. She calmed down a little and looked slightly embarrassed when she realized that it was only Danya and his wonderful announcements. She had no idea what to expect, so she braced herself for the worst. "Nineteen? Damn. I didn't expect that at all.. I maybe expected three or something.. That means there are a possible nineteen murderers out there.. Christ," she thought to herself, eyes glued to the docks ahead.

As she listened, she realized that some of her classmates weren't killed by a specific person, and that comforted her for a few seconds. But as she listened, she realized that many of them were murdered, and it struck a bolt of lightning down her spine, reducing her to a shivering mess. And yet, she continued to listen, her throat clenched tight. Warren Brown was no surprise, she had seen his corpse herself, but.. soooo many others. It was overwhelming. A thought struck her during the announcements, and she felt very ashamed to think it: "I bet that was eighteen bodies that no one bothered to bury."

Caught in her thoughts, she hadn't even realized that Staffan's name was listed as one of the classmates who murdered someone else. Her mind was elsewhere, caught in daydreams of eighteen buried corpses in shallow graves. She was torn from her thoughts by the sight of Nik falling to his knees beside. She looked down in surprise and bit her lip, her heart rate growing a bit faster.

What was going on? She realized that, as Nik spoke, she could barely understand what he was saying. Was he speaking his native language or something? She was afraid that Nik was yelling angrily about the death of his brother but realized otherwise when Nik pulled out his gun and started to yell at the air. She assumed that he was screaming at Danya as he moved towards the nearest camera. "He was my brother and now he killed someone!"

Her heart paused for a fraction of a section, and her free hand clasped the collar of her shirt. Oh, shit. Nik's brother had...killed someone? "C-calm down, Nik! W-We don't know the exact details.. It might have been a mistake!" She took a few steps forward and put her hand on his tense shoulder. "Please don't get upset.. just yet. Maybe your brother has another side to share, y'know? Everything will be okay, alright?" She looked up at him expectantly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Riz†

Post by Riz† »

Darren sat listening intently to Jamie's words. She sounded as though she were somewhere between reassuring herself for comfort's sake, staving of unjustified guilt, and simply being grateful for having someone who would listen. It was not unlike Darren's own state of mind.

He was so thoroughly relieved to have encountered someone so personable and accommodating, the first he had met since Dallas. Other people on the island had to be on edge by now, ready to react at a hair trigger. But Jamie really seemed like someone with whom he could see eye to eye, someone he could empathize with. He felt a sudden compulsion to share this out loud, but no sooner had the thought crossed his mind than the very air around them seemed to reverberate with the sound of a most unpleasant voice. It was the voice of Danya, ready to deliver his first announcement.

A knot formed in the pit of his stomach. He bowed his head and closed his eyes wearily, feeling foolish that he hadn't remembered earlier. He had completely forgotten that they were to be subjected to daily announcements which would reveal who among their class was now dead. There was no time to brace himself, no time to prepare for the list of names that Danya was now callously spouting off. He hated that voice and the mocking tone in which it described his classmates' deaths. A dull thud hit him in the gut at the mention of Dallas....

Focus, he told himself. He couldn't let his hatred toward Danya distract him from hearing the names. On and on went the list.... Some names he recognized, most were unfamiliar to him.... And with every name came a heightened sense of dread that one of his friends would be among them.... He had done nothing to search for them.... Some people had actually taken a life, some twice. He could not fathom what it must feel like to be on the other side of that ever-definable line, that point of no return in which one becomes accountable for their actions.

And yet some people had made that choice twice.

It was too much. The anger overcame his mind once more, but this time it was directed at those students who had now taken the life of another. Those people who had played right into Danya's game. The bulk of the announcement came to a close, the deceased totalling nineteen. Nineteen students were no longer with them, though the knot loosened slightly at his relief that none of his friends were mentioned. He couldn't put up with this kind of anxiety every day.

A new voice snapped him sharply out of his dreary haze. She introduced herself as Lily Ainsworth. All thought of making a good first impression far from his mind in the wake of the announcement, he gave her a nod and something between a smile and a grimace.

Not good enough, he thought. Now was not the time to alienate people. He needed people on his side, people who would understand that they could still make a difference on this island that didn't begin and end with murder. He needed to make allies. No, he thought. He needed to make friends.

The time for solitude was over.

"Darren Locke, nice to meet you. Are you a friend of Jamie's?"

Just as the words left his lips, anguished screams in a foreign tongue rang out from further inland.
Mr. Administration†

Post by Mr. Administration† »

Lily nodded, slightly worried by the continued silence emanating from the subject of their conversation. She patted Jamie's shoulder before standing and getting a better look at the boy.

"We know each other a little bit." She admitted, setting down her pack and pulling out one of the bottles of water. After nearly walking clear across the island, she had become more than a little thirsty and was more than eager to gulp down some of her water supply. She tossed the bottle back inside and instead grabbed her assigned weapon, still unloaded at this point, though reading the manual had given her more than a good idea how the thing worked, now it would just take some practice if it called for it.

Lily was torn out of her revere when the roar echoed through the air, she spun and pointed the unloaded uzi out towards land.

"Did you hear that too or am I goin' more crazy?" She whimpered, a slight smile at the corner of her mouth.

After a time, the others left. Lily waited nervously, listening to the noises in the distance. By the time she turned to follow, she had lost track of her allies.

((Lily Ainsworth continued in Resistance))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mr. Administration. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"C-calm down, Nik! W-We don't know the exact details.. It might have been a mistake!"

How could it have been a mistake? The big Swede's mind couldn't understand how someone could make a mistake in killing another human being. There had to be a reason and the way Danya had described it made it seemed like Staffan had meant it.

"Please don't get upset.. just yet. Maybe your brother has another side to share, y'know? Everything will be okay, alright?"

Don't get upset? A little late for that. Nik had come inches away from what would have been his own death as a result of his reaction to hearing the news. This was Nik's brother running around the island, probably scared out of his mind. Nik knew Staffan didn't really like many of their classmates, so what would stop Staffan from doing something like that?

"Another side to share? Another...side...I think the entire world was just privy to his other side." Nik said with a snarl as he brushed Fiona's hand away.

He was angry and she did not understand. He needed to find someone who would. Yet there were only two people who he truly trusted on the island. One had just killed someone, and the other he had no idea where she would be. Nik turned to Fiona.

"Fuck those people at the dock. We need to find Evelyn. I need her right now. You can come with me still Fiona, but if we run into people who are not Evelyn, I keep moving. Those people down there at the dock, they know we're up here. They probably heard my yelling. I need to find Evelyn damn it."

The thoughts of what Staffan had done were not leaving Nik's head. He was trying to push them away. He was trying to focus on Evelyn but it was just making him angry. What if Staffan found Evelyn before Nik? What would he do? Staffan knew how Nik felt about her, but would that matter? Did his brother snap?

"ARGH!!" Nik growled out his refound frustration before setting off in the opposite direction back towards the town.

((Nik Kronwall continued in They F**king Work Because Unpaired Electrons Spinning in the Same Direction))
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Fiona let her hand drop to her side as Nik brushed it away, a snarl making itself apparent in his voice. She was staring down at the sand beneath her feet, a terrible silence enveloping her like a stuffy blanket. Did she anger him? Probably, but she was just trying to help.. just trying to make him feel better.

She chanced looking up into Nik's face in hopes that he would look placid or calm, but he just looked... angry. As she had expected. Great going, Fiona. Big Goofy Fiona, just trying to make people feel better and having the opposite effect.

In most cases, Fiona would have maintained her usual optimistic outlook, but she just couldn't muster up that positivity that usually coursed through her veins. She felt more like a deflated balloon holding an axe. With an audible sigh, she slowly looked back into the sand. "Sorry.." she apologized, feeling as if the moment had suddenly gone sour or awkward. Unsure of what to do, she adjusted the strap of her bag and wondered if Nik just wanted her to leave. Would he feel at ease if she were just.. gone? Maybe he didn't need a girl around who could only think of stupid things to say.

She felt dumb for trying to comfort him. No.. she didn't feel dumb. She felt like a huge asshat. It was insensitive of her to try and convince Nik that it was probably all some misunderstanding when the truth could be in the affirmative. Maybe Staffan really was a killer.

She clenched her eyes shut and prayed for a freak tidal wave to sweep her into the ocean and away from her overbearing cloud of stupidity.

At this point, she decided that it would probably be best to leave and give Nik some time to cool off. She wasn't sure how angry she had actually made the guy, but she didn't want to take any chances. She thought about where she should go or who she should look for, and a dark, dark feeling entered the pit of her stomach.

Fiona always considered herself a somewhat popular person, but how much of it was an outright lie? How many people did she actually consider a friend? She was in show chorus and cheerleading, but how many of those people actually looked at her in a respectable light? She knew that they laughed at her behind her back. She could feel their sneers and glares behind fake smiles and girlish giggles. Fiona liked to pretend that she was breaking the norm by being the edgy, yet large cheerleader, but...

She was alone.

Or, at least, that's how she felt now. She wasn't sure who she would seek out on this island. Other cheerleaders? The small group that she had met moments ago? What were their names again..? Alex and Jessica? Those two had probably left that town center a long time ago. Her chance of meeting up with them again was close to nil. Fiona was about to give up and plop down onto the sand until Nik's voice cut through the silence like a sharp knife. "You can come with me still Fiona."

And she nodded like a stupid animal with no free will, no idea where she should go or what she should do. But she wanted to stay with Nik. She wanted to stay with someone, anyone who was kind. Besides, she'd like to find Evelyn as well. But what if Nik tells her to fuck off once Evelyn is found?

Fiona shook her head. He wouldn't do that. He might be angry, but he was still nice. And yet... he didn't want to warn those people at the dock about Omar? Looks like his priorities changed quite quickly, but that was probably a given after hearing his brother's name on the announcements. Who cared about Omar now? Fiona wasn't sure if she did. Omar was just a single killer out of many on the island. Besides, the announcements took care of any killer anonymity. Omar's name was out there, along with everyone else who had killed yesterday.

She peered back at the people on the dock for a moment and turned back to Nik, her blonde eyebrows knitted together tightly. She was trying to ignore Nik's roar of frustration, but it was eating her up. She felt like screaming in frustration too, but..

She just wanted to be who she used to be. And the old Fiona wasn't one who was easily frustrated. Taking a deep breath before following Nik (who had taken off in the opposite direction), Fiona forced a smile on her face and trotted behind Nik with a spring in her step. Her movements seemed obviously forced, but it didn't matter. It made her feel better.

((Fiona Sparki continued in They F**king Work Because Unpaired Electrons Spinning in the Same Direction))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Jamie simply watched as the people across the docks came, and went. One of them, the Kronwall boy, he seemed to throw some sort of a fit. Likely at his brother having murdered someone, judging by the body language and profanities.

When the shoe fits...

Turning to her two companions, she glanced around the area. It was beginning to get dark, and staying put might not be the best idea.

"I think we should probably get going. The next people we happen upon might not be...as nice."

((Jamie continued elsewhere, feel free to drag her along when you guys leave, otherwise it makes no sense))
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Riz†

Post by Riz† »

((OOC: Very sorry this took so ridiculously long))

The unfamiliar roars spurred Darren into action. Resolved not to let this possible player end his hopes to do some good on the island, he gathered up his belongings and stood up. Jamie was a step ahead of him, and he was compelled to stick with her. But first he had to have his say, and he needed to do it as clearly and carefully as possible.

"Lily, I'm going with Jamie. I know we'll never be completely safe as long as we're on this island, but I know there are still people out there who we can help, people who haven't given up. I intend to stay alive as long it takes for me to make that happen. We're not pawns in some game, I don't accept that. If you'll help me, I promise to keep you alive as best I can. It's going to take a lot of us, while there's still time."

With that, Darren followed along after Jamie, making sure to give the source of the screams a wide berth.

That sounded a little more cryptic than I'd hoped....

((Darren Locke continued in Cabin Fever))

Return to “The Docks”