Tempting Fate

The north-most river splits into a smaller stream forming the swamp. The area is a mixture of smaller pools of muddy water that ranges from ankle to thigh-high depth. The water is separated by portions of muddy land scattered with low ferns and weeds. Students won't find much comfort in the land, though, as it too is difficult and uncomfortable to easily traverse, being home to what seem like endless insects and several species of small reptiles. But who knows...perhaps its inhospitable atmosphere could provide cover from those seeking new victims.
ThoDuSt

Tempting Fate

Post by ThoDuSt »

((Ericka Bradley continued from Eep.))

*CLACK* *Ker-splosh*
A stone bounced off of a tree into the water.

"ARRGHHHH!" Ericka screamed futilely, her anger rising as the overheard the announcement from the beach. She found a camera and, after struggling with it for awhile, managed to dislodge it from it's station and toss it into the swamp-water out of frustration. She just couldn't believe it; the one sotf where someone got around to doing something about it and they weren't taking everyone!

Ericka could tell she wouldn't be one of the ones allowed off, it would be suicidal for her to even try, but she couldn't think of what to do, nor was she thinking clearly enough to be able to.

After wearing herself out, Ericka sat at the base of a nearby tree, covered her face with her hands and began to cry softly. It was unfair from the very beginning, none of them deserved this. She needed to get away. Maybe the rescue team would send more teams later... or maybe the terrorists would launch a counter-attack and the game would go back to how it had been going.

She made a mental note to stay within earshot of the beaches, just in case. Then she slowly stood up using the tree to steady herself.
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

((Josée Trembley continued from The Cavalry Arrives.))

After what seemed like an eternity of running, Josée had finally grew tired, and stopped. She hadn't seen anyone that could have resembled the Ericka Bradley girl who had killed her brother, but as she had said to herself at the escape station, she'd know her when she saw her. Not far of, Josée heard a sound not far in the distance. It was very hard for her to distinguish any particular sound in the middle of a swamp but Josée investigated anyway, noticing a frustrated looking girl.

Josée wanted to sound as unthreatening as possible, so she carefully walked forward, making sure that the girl knew that she was approaching. "Excuse me. Could I have a quick word with you?" She said to the girl, hoping it got her attention.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Limisios. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Against that tree, Ericka drifted off to sleep.

"Excuse me. Ericka was jolted awake by those words, "Could I have a quick word with you?" Ericka turned toward the speaker and gave a slight nod. She didn't trust the newcomer, but if the rescuers came back to take more people, including some on the list, then Ericka didn't want to prolong her stay on the island by continuing to kill.
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

Josée realised thwn that she had just woken the girl from her sleep; she felt slightly embarrassed that she hadn't noticed. "Sorry for waking you, I didn't realise that you were asleep." Josée cut to the point of finding her brother's killer. "I was wondering if you knew where someone might be?" Josée smiled at the girl, not wanting to scare her.

"It's just, someone killed my brother, and I was trying to find them..." she paused, "I don't know what I want to do to them but..." Josée was starting to choke up with tears on the spot. "I knew I shouldn't have let him go off on his own but I thought he wouldn't get into any serious trouble and now..." Josée was now leaning over a small tree in tears. "Now I'll never see him again."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Limisios. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Ericka blinked disinterestedly while trying to listen to the other girl's whining. Go after a killer? No way was Ericka gonna help the girl's little crusade. She doesn't know what to do when she finds the killer? Bull! If she's a killer herself then she knows what to do from experience, and if she's not then she stayed on the island for the same thing despite the fact that it would probably happen anyway. Either way, she wants her brother's killer to die.

"Not to sound callous, but I don't really care." Ericka said bluntly. "I haven't seen many people, and anyway I don't want to risk getting killed by someone else's need for petty revenge, got it."
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

Josée could see that the girl had misinterpreted her reasons for talking to her, drying her tears, she continued to speak. "Oh no! No. I mean... I wasn't going to suggest that you... I'm sure that you wouldn't want to get your hands dirty and mindlessly kill someone for no reason. I wouldn't even want to do that if... You know what, I'm sorry I disturbed you, we've all got to keep ourselves safe. I guess I just wanted someone to talk to. I know I couldn't kill anyone if I tried really." She realised how much clearer her head was. "But I feel better now. Thanks, you're really good at... Whatever it is you just did there. You're one of the most considerable people I've met so far on this island."

"I'm Josée by the way. Josée Trembley." She held out her hand for the girl to shake it.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Ericka had difficulty comprehending the other girl's comments, the only people who should be left on the island after the rescue are the killers, those who want revenge at the risk of their own life, the suicidal, and the stupid. The girl wasn't a killer or after revenge, and she didn't seem particularly suicidal....

Ignoring Josée, Ericka used the tree to help herself to her feet. After making sure none of her limbs had fallen asleep, Ericka grabbed her bag and started walking. She didn't know where she was headed, every time she made a plan it ended up becoming a danger zone anyway, but she knew she wanted to be alone and that tended to happen when she kept moving.

((Ericka Bradley continued at In For a Penny, In For a Pound))
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

As the girl walked away. Josée head felt clearer. Slowly, following the light, she began to make her way out of the woods. She didn't know what she was going to do, perhaps it would be better for her to just hide under a rock until everyone else was killed; just run around dodging bullets until she was the last one left.

At least Cisco was safe, she had managed to do that much, so perhaps she could die happy.

((Josée Trembley continued in Lonley, Side by Side.))

Return to “The Swamp”