Wood and Wire

--Start: B059--

The logging road leading from the sawmill to the woods separates both halves of the felled forest. It shows a lot of recent use, with tracks from the logging trucks grooved into dirt. In the middle of the road is one of the logging trucks, still with its last load of cargo. The keys are nowhere to be found in or around the truck. Though it won't be moving, the truck provides the closest amount of cover for at least a mile radius.
Ares

Wood and Wire

Post by Ares »

Daniel Kensrue woke up to find himself staring at the sky. His first thought was that he'd fallen asleep on the trip, but then everything came back to him. Everything that happened on the bus hit him like a tidal wave. In a panic he rose, spinning around as he took in his surroundings. All around him was felled forest. He had been dropped on what appeared to be the only trail in the surrounding area. His eyes next fell to the logging truck in the middle of the road.

Maybe...just maybe...

DK grabbed the pack that had been placed next to him and made his way to the truck. He was relieved to find that the door to the truck was open. Frantically he searched the cab for keys.

"Come on...come on...FUCK!" He barked as he slammed his fist into the dashboard.

It wasn't like he had expected to actually find the keys, but the sheer frustration and realization that he was trapped on, what he assumed was an island, caused his outburst.

After letting loose another cluster of swear words, DK resounded himself to sitting in the driver's seat and opening up his pack. He unzipped the bag and recoiled at the first thing he saw. Slowly he wrapped his fingers around the object and pulled it out. Wrapped around the object was an instructional paper. The title of the instructions read: *TYPE 67 SILENCED PISTOL*.

DK didn't know whether to be relieved or horrified that he had been given an instrument of death of that magnitude. Afterall, no one would hear his sho...

"No." He said defiantly as he tossed the gun back in the bag.

You can't let yourself think like that man. You can't kill anyone. These are your friends. They won't kill you either.

Somehow DK didn't quite believe what his mind was telling him.

After rummaging through the pack to find his food supplies, medkit and map, DK determined that he was on the old logging road, as indicated by a small marking of a truck in the middle of a trail.

Dan removed his golf team hat, and ran his hand through his hair, something he did whenever he was in deep thought about something.

He knew he couldn't stay here long. It was an area with next to no cover, and though Dan had never religiously followed Survival of the Fittest, he knew that people were bound to decide to kill their way off the island.

"Where to go though?" He muttered to himself as he poured over the map again.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

[[G17 STARTO]]

Maria walked slowly and steadily down the road, the reality of her situation still setting in. It was hard to believe that out of all the high schools in the entire country, it was her's that got picked for this hellish game. But it was, and now she had to figure out what she was going to do. Her decision would shape her destiny on this island: whether she'd get out of here alive, or just become another corpse.

But then, the choice has already been made, hasn't it? After all, there was always her secret weapon.

"Good thing nobody in the world knew that Maria Graham died years ago..." She said, reaching up to unzip her head, the zipper running down the length of her body, cleverly disguised enough that nobody could tell it's there. As she unzipped her skin, it fell away to reveal something monstrous.

/...AND ROBO-BEAR 5000 HAD TAKEN HER PLACE./ Yes, it was Robo-Bear 5000, the latest in bear-shaped killing machine technology. After falling to Earth from a mysterious alien meteor, it disguised itself as a lowly human female, apparently well enough to even trick the terrorists. Oh what silly fools they were. There was no question whether or not Robo-Bear 5000 should play the game: all it would take was a barrage from it's arsenal of machine guns, flamethrowers and patented Exploding Rocket-like Devices to make short to make short work of the competition. Then it would take care of those unlucky terrorist bastards who were unlucky terrorist bastard enough to kidnap it, when it was back home in time for pancakes.

Goddamn, it loved pancakes.

Suddenly, it sensed movement off in the distance. /LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME TO BEGIN THE HUNT./ Turning in the direction of the perpetrator, Robo-Bear 5000 opened it's shoulder compartments, revealing two stacks of Exploding Rocket-like Devices ready to fire, and then...

----------

Maria woke up.

Her first thing to see was the sky. Other than a cloud or two passing by, it was just an endless expanse of blue.

"Hello, sky." She said, sitting up. The sky didn't respond, but why would it? It's the sky, the sky doesn't say anything. It just sits there, wordless, as all the shooting and the killing and the raping and the pillaging is likely going on right now right below it.

Stupid bastard sky.

"I just had the weirdest dream." She said to no one in particular. "And I got this weird feeling that someone's been waiting at least a couple months for me to have it. Kind of sad, really." Suddenly, a tear ran down her cheek as the reality hit her like a ton of bricks made of neutron stars. Any second now, someone could just walk up and put a bullet in her head. And even worse, it'd probably be someone she'd gone to school with for the past four years.

She sat there for a while. She wanted to freak out; to just curl up in the fetal position and bawl her eyes out. And she almost did. But instead she did what she does best in these kinds of situations: bury all those feelings deep inside and save them for later. It hurt like hell, but probably not as bad as getting shot or stabbed while she was being too emotional to do anything. Taking a deep breath that sounded kind of like a racking sob and exhaling, she reached for her nearby pack and opened it, setting everything out around her.

It wasn't long before she found some kind of orange-shaped gun. It didn't really seem like a normal (read: practical) gun, and a look at the manual that was also inside the pack confirmed that it wasn't. It was a flare gun. Kind of ironic: here she was, trapped on an island, and normally in that kind of situation a flare gun would be her best friend, but she doubted that was the case here.

Wait, orange-shaped? I meant orange-colored. Maria was beginning to feel a little loopier than usual, and as she put everything back in her pack but the flare gun and got up she felt a little dizzy. But she couldn't just keep sitting around like she was, she was getting anxious. She had to get moving. Moving to...somewhere.

"FUCK!"

Maria almost jumped at the sudden obscenity coming from behind her. Against her better judgment began to head in that direction. Not everyone was playing the game, right? She could at least see if the person is friendly, and if not she could always just run like hell.

She spotted the truck right away, but it took her a while to spot the person by it. She squinted as she tried to make out if she recognized him. She wracked her brain, trying to recall, but it seemed she didn't remember him. After a moment, she decided to take a chance anyway.

"Uh...hi?" She said, keeping a safe distance away while keeping her hands up, holding onto the flare gun by the barrel. "I was hoping you could tell me that this was some kind of prank or something. Like somebody's going to jump out from behind a tree and go 'You're on candid camera!' But then I'd probably accidentally shoot him because this is a terrible prank and he really shouldn't have jumped out and surprised me like that." She suddenly realized that she was rambling. "Uh...sorry."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

G-083: Paige Strand - Start.

The world was a beautiful, colourful blur to the mind of the young blonde girl laying on the logging path, sprawled across the dirt like an angel. Her eyes flickered as the sun made its way to her sight, and it seemed like a beautiful new morning.

That was, until, she started to come to her senses and realise where the fuck she was.

Paige Strand's, aka Girl 83, first reaction was to jump up with a start, her breathe heavy, her eyes now shot open like a cork released from a champagne bottle. This wasn't the cabins, the camping trip she packed for...she wasn't supposed to be here, was she? Where was the bus? The teachers? Her friends? Her Jacob...

Taking little notice of the bag next to her, she stumbled into a standing position, and started to panic.

This wasn't where she was supposed to be. Where was everyone?

"Jacob?"

Paige's voice started to crack, the sedation of the previous day still wearing off. But as soon as the feeling of weariness passed, she raised her voice to it's extreme shrillness.

"REIKO? CAROL? AMBER? BEN?"

With the only thing on her mind right now trying to remember where she was, she took her first look at the khaki bag lying next to her original position.

G-083.

And then it came back.

The auditorium with everyone else.

Her hands bound behind her back.
The blonde guy on the screen killing the girl.

Paige was in total panic mode now.

Survival of the Fittest.

The thing that was supposed to be gone for good was now back to haunt America.

She was part of it.

Grabbing her bag and holding it close to her like her childhood koala bear, she started to scream again.

"JACOB! JACOB WHERE ARE YOU?"

Her throat felt cold, the collar becoming aware to her. Clasping her hands to her throat, she felt the unfamiliar and foreign metal reach out to her, taunting her.

She started to pull on it, wanting to get it off. But then she remember what the man on the screen said to all of them.

The collars will go off if you linger too long in a Danger Zone after I announce it, if you try to disable or remove them, or if you decide to be monumentally stupid enough to attempt to escape."

Paige was close to screaming again, now realising how out of control she was of the situation, Paige started to search through her bag. Everything that was on the screen that she could remember was in there. Not making any attempt to find her weapon, Paige almost ripped apart her bag, looking for her medication. While she was certainly stable now, she had to stay this way.

Finally, she found her medication bottle, and opened it.

All the pills were gone, except for one.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! YOU FUCKING-AAAARGH!"

Paige, in the heat of anger and frustration, threw the little bottle away, the pill inside bouncing off out of view.

It was just after this she became aware of other people in the scene, who had probably heard her racket. Turning around to face her two classmates, she could do nothing but burst into tears and collapse in a heap on the ground, her belongings spread around her like firework debris. She was going down now. No amount of running, or frienship, or promises that needed to be made would save her now,

She was going to die.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Ares

Post by Ares »

DK watched as the girl approached. When she finally did notice him sitting in the driver's seat she began rambling on about candid camera.

Really?...Urgh, here we fucking go. Everyone wants the protection.

DK climbed down from the truck, pack in hand.

"Okay...number one. Sloooooooooooow down. Like holy ballsack you're talking fast. My brain can only process so much information at one time." DK replied flatly.

He was about to continue when he heard a girl screaming and cursing to his left. His eyes found the source of noise, just as hers found his. Almost as soon as she noticed the two people staring back at her, the girl collapsed, spilling the contents of her pack all over the ground.

DK couldn't help but roll his eyes. He thought he was done with emotional women. He'd let all that stuff go when Emily had moved away.

Emily...

He couldn't help but spend a second wondering if she would be watching any of this and whether or not she cared.

DK shook his head back into focus. He had a potentially bad situation on his hands that he knew he had to defuse.

"Okay," DK said loud enough for both girls to clearly hear, "You, I've already established need to just take a minute, take some deep breaths, and chill the fuck out. You...is that you Paige? Yeah, okay, well Paige, don't take it personally, but I don't do well with crying women. It's not you, it's me on that one. Moving right along, I don't like this situation. No, I don't mean being put in Survival of the Fittest, though I guess I don't like that either, buuuut, I mean I don't like the fact that I've got a frantic fast-talker on one side of me, a crier on the other side, and a hoopdy piece of shit truck behind me."

DK paused to take a much need breath of his own.

"Now, I'm going to head for the town area. I want to see what people are choosing to do. I want to know if I'm going to have to fight my way out of here, or if I can band up with some people and see about getting the hell of this rock."

Dan adjusted the strap of his pack on his shoulder.

"Before I go, I'll say that you can both come with me if you want, hell you can even make suggestions of where you think we should go if you think the town would be too dangerous, but believe me, if you didn't notice back at school, I have very little tolerance for high emotion. I like it nice and relaxed. Calm, cool and collected. I don't want you bawling," He said as he pointed to Paige, "And I don't want you asking people about Candid fucking Camera if we run into anyone," He said as he pointed to Maria.

"Those are my terms. You can either accept them or tell me to fuck off. Either way, you've got about 5 minutes before I leave and find somewhere with a bit better cover than this trail."
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

"YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! YOU FUCKING-AAAARGH!"

Maria was taken by surprise by the second onslaught of obscenities, and turned to see the source: another girl, breaking down and crying. "Uh..." She started, but realized that she couldn't think of anything to say.

Unfortunately, the boy didn't seem to take any of this kindly to this emotional shit, and quickly told the two of them off. She listened to him mention how he was off to do some scouting and maybe find someone forming a super rescue plan, and after a moment's thought decided she might as well tag along for now. He didn't really seem like he was going to go all 'AAAAAARGH I'M CRAZY I FIRE YOU WITH BULLETS NOW' and stuff anytime soon, and she guessed it'd be good to have some non-crazy company while she...

Wait, what WAS she hoping to accomplish? Finding someone formulating a rescue attempt would be nice and all, but the chances of it actually succeeding would be slim to none. So did that mean she should play the game. No, no, she didn't even want to THINK about that option right now.

Well, I guess finding Duncan would be good. She thought. And Warren, and Cassidy. Of course, what would she do after that?

Of course, she didn't have much time to think, as the boy announced he was almost ready to go. "I'm ready." She says, and then realized that if she didn't recognize him, he probably didn't recognize her either. "Oh, and I'm Maria. Maria Graham. From Bayview. Er, I guess we're all from Bayview, though."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

It became obvious to Paige that not everyone was going to put up with her crying, her bitchiness, and her mood swings, so when Daniel started to go on about her, Paige tried to stop herself. What she REALLY want to do was show that bastard a good place to store her shoes, but...she couldn't. As much as she wanted to scream more, yell more, and cry more, it wasn't going to do any good here. Not with these people.

Wordlessly sending him her best death glare, Paige worked on getting all her stuff together. She needed her stuff.

As soon as she got everything in her bag, she started to stroll over, her tears starting to dry. Hell, she was sad, terrified, and wanted more than anything to give people a good telling off, or in her terms, a slap across the face, but...she needed to find her friends. She was sure someone would have a plan. Until then, these two guys were her friends. A nutjob and a jerkass she barely knew.

With her bag held in front of her, she approached the two and intergrated herself.

Paige laid out her conditions with the most calm, and threateningly threateningly voice, to the two people who were now her comrades.

"Okay. I'll come with you. And don't worry. I'm following your lead, Mr. Bigshot. But I'm telling you this. The moment I find my boyfriend, soon to be fiance, you guys are on your own. The moment someone tries to kill us, you're on your own. The moment..." Paige turned to the girl next to her, and her voice turned poison "You, get on my nerves, I leave. Same for you, bucko. We clear?"

She had no love for these two people. But it wasn't like they couldn't be useful for her until she got her friends back again.

Careful Paigey, that's how serial killers think.

Shut up.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Yeah, I recognize you now Maria, we've never had class together, but I've seen your face around." DK said in reply to the girl's introduction.

The reply he received from Paige was less enthusiastic.

"It is people like her that prove that true love does exist," Dan muttered to Maria before turning to speak to Paige again, "Alright, you know my conditions, I don't give a shit about yours, we seem like we're good to go. By the way Paige, feel free to leave right now if you want, cause I can tell you right now, you're not going to like me out here."

DK brought out his silenced pistol from his bag.

"This is my weapon. I want to know what each of you have before we go. I need to know, because if you have shitty weapons, we'll go somewhere where we can salvage something better for you. There seems to be plenty of places for that."
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

[[B027 Begins.]]

Boy 027, Dustin Royal, propped himself up against a stray log and took in his surroundings.

He did not like what he saw.

He had woken up at the end of a rough trail, the morning...midday...whatever sun stabbing at his eyelids. Picking up his guitar and a nondescript khaki duffel bag, both lying next to him, he had plodded up the road for a couple of minutes before chancing upon the log. Scanning the landscape now, all Dustin could see was seemingly endless hills, liberally decorated with old logs and stumps. A light wind whistled through the area. "Missing the tumbleweed," Dustin mumbled to no-one in particular.

The blonde boy was, in a manner of speaking, numb to what he'd already seen. He'd briefly followed Survival of the Fittest back when it was the biggest thing in broadcasting, but even such cursory knowledge was enough. He didn't doubt for a second that he was a part of this game, and he was under no delusions of what was expected of him. He wished he was - might have made this slightly less...urgh.

Dustin unzipped the bag and took a look inside. The first item reinforced a point that didn't need reinforcing - a thin, curvy sword in a shiny metal sheath. Dustin pulled it out, the blade rasping against the sheath. A shiver ran down the boy's spine as he stared at the small, sharp blade, before quickly sliding it back into the sheath and throwing it back into the pack. Rummaging through the bag, Dustin took stock of the rest of his inventory - bread, water, crackers, first aid kit, map, compass, his grey sports jacket, and a tasteless little book about 'surviving' written by the Danya guy who'd brought them here.

At least they let me have my guitar.

Picking up the guitar, Dustin idly strummed a few chords. It seemed like a better idea than running around slicing up his classm"YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! YOU FUCKING-AAAARGH!"

Dustin jumped, the guitar falling off his lap and onto the dirt road with a discordant thud. He turned around to see where the screaming girl had come from, and noticed a small group in the distance, standing near an abandoned logging truck. There didn't seem to be any killing or bloodshed going down, so Dustin hesitantly slung his duffel bag over one shoulder and his guitar strap over the other, tramping up the small incline towards them.

As he got closer, Dustin started to pick up on the features of the two females in the threesome. The blue highlights in the one girl's hair clearly marked her out as Maria Graham, the wacky punk girl he'd seen around the music block once or twice; the other's slender figure and blonde hair was typical of probably half the girls in the school, but this one seemed to be the girlfriend of one Jacob Charles, Paige Strand. Dustin wasn't particularly attracted to Maria, and didn't fancy his chances with the famously monogamous Paige, but that was no excuse to not turn on the charm anywho.

Dustin had dusted off his shirt and jeans and readied his guitar for a little singalong when the guy in the trio began a little rant. "Alright, you know my conditions, I don't give a shit about yours, we seem like we're good to go. By the way Paige, feel free to leave right now if you want, cause I can tell you right now, you're not going to like me out here.

Dustin chuckled to himself as he watched the large boy lay down the ground rules. He seemed familiar, but recalling the names of the guys he met wasn't exactly Dustin's strong suit.

"This is my weapon. I want to know what each of you have before we go. I need to know, because if you have shitty weapons, we'll go somewhere where we can salvage something better for you. There seems to be plenty of places for that."

This time, the self-appointed lothario barely attempted to suppress a derisive laugh. "Get a load of this guy," he said to the girls, pointing at the heavyset boy with his thumb, "thinks he's fucking Rambo." Turning to the boy, he played a few chords on his guitar, singing along with a mocking tone, "You know something is happening, but you don't know what it is...do you, Mr. Jones?"

Dustin pushed his guitar back and laughed again. "I'll give you a cracker if you can name the song, Stallone. You could probably do with the energy, stop you getting all crazy."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

A while ago, Maria probably would've agreed with Daniel about true love. After all, she thought she had it with Zach. But then he sold out and dumped her to further his budding music career. Oh well, there was no reason to think about Zach and his stupid, stupid face right now, because Paige was practically dripping venom as she mentioned Maria getting on her nerves. Did she do something to upset her? She didn't recall ever meeting her before, outside of maybe just passing by each other at school every once in a whi-Oh hey, nice gun.

Maria held out her flare gun upon request (still holding it by the barrel, of course.) "Well, I've got this. I mean, obviously it's not a real gun. It looks like it just shoots flares. But I'm sure it could leave a mark at least. I'm sure I wouldn't like it if I took a flare to the face."

And then another one joined in, and this one Maria actually recognized. Dustin was a rather notorious womanizer about the school. Something told her she should probably cautious around him, but the guitar quickly got her attention.

"Ooooooh, nice." She said, leaning in to get a better look, and honestly trying to name the song. "Is it 'More Than A Feeling'? It's 'More Than A Feeling,' isn't it?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

All Daniel did in her presence was mutter something about her love life, which made her even angrier. Fuck, she didn't need or deserve this, did she?

"Alright, you know my conditions, I don't give a shit about yours, we seem like we're good to go. By the way Paige, feel free to leave right now if you want, cause I can tell you right now, you're not going to like me out here."

Curling her lip, Paige made no attempt to show that she was pleased at the outcome of everything, but she still responded to Daniel, somwhat cooly, nonetheless.

"Fine."

Daniel reached into his bag and pulled out a gun, and part of Paige wanted to jump back. Not the dominant part, though. The part that was afraid of guns. That part, yeah. He asked that she show her weapon, but Paige simply scoffed, pulled out the doll from her bag, and tossed it too the ground.

"Yes, cause I'm totally gonna need this. Anyway, I don't need a weapon. Same dealio with a bear. I don't need to run faster than someone trying to kill me. I just have to run faster than you."

It wasn't until a few moments after Paige realised they had both turned somewhere else. About to make another sarcastic remark about people not paying attention, she turned around to see what the fuss was all about.

And that fuss was all about something, she knew that.

Dusting Manwhore Royale.

Paige gritted her teeth.

She hated the lech more than she could imagine. She was sure that most of the other girls in the year had to be partially braindead to actually consider fucking him, and though it gave her lots to gossip about, sometimes she just wished that he would fall off the face of the planet. One of the reasons she hated him was that he would hit on every girl but Paige Strand, and that made her feel hated, lonely, and unwanted until Jacob was there to cheer her up again. Granted, she would have hated him equally as much if he had hit on her at least once, even in passing, or repeatedly. She did have a boyfriend after all.

"I can't see you coming up with a better plan, Royale." Paige replied icily to his snarky comment about the guy behind him being Rambo. Who was Rambo, anyway?

She wanted to unleash a barrage of insults all pertaining to his lifestyle and how he was going to get off the island without whoring his way through all the guys as well as the girls, but she had rather a nasty feeling he was packing more than a guitar with him at the moment.

"So unless you want to show us what you're packing in that bag of yours, I'd fuck off before someone gets angry." Paige had no plan of travelling with him at any point in the future, no matter how desperate the situation.
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

She was always a very creative girl, she was. And so she always prided herself on her dreams. Her dreams were vivid things that often gave her inspiration in real life, turning into jumbled, chaotic drawings and music. But this one she had now was a bit different.

Made sense, didn't it? She just got some different input to mix inside that little brain of hers, a variable that spread like a virus and tainted her mindscape, killing ideas with gangrene and planting trees of rotting wood in their place.

It was a nice, pleasant dream at first. She was all alone in the school's art room, getting ready to try her hand at painting. She had her palette ready and
was painting a portrait of someone she couldn't remember now but it didn't matter because her portraits never looked much like the person they were modeled after anyway. The outline she made in pencil was rough and jagged and the anatomy was off and the eyes were misaligned but she figured it was alright since she could just paint over it and it would be fine. So she painted with broad clumsy strokes that didn't fix anything at all and made the background a dark muddy gray and the foreground a bright pink which was never a good color for skin. She frowned and dipped her paintbrush in the water cup to rinse it out and mixed some paints daubing the brush in a nice flesh color which when applied to the canvas only managed to make him look sunburned somehow she kept at it for hours rinsing her brush and mixing her paints and feeling hot and heavy and frenzied and all it did was make things redder and redder and redder there were different shades of scarlet and crimson and maroon but it was all red nothing else so it looked like you saw it through a filter but that wasn't all the eyes were sunken and the mouth was too big and the hair was on fire and the canvas was too thick and eventually it wasnt even a person anymore just a sea of red paint that dripped onto the floor making a mess and getting on her slippers soaking into them and coloring them creeping up her socks and legs wrapping her in a coccoon paralyzing her and blocking off her mouth and nose she was on the ground now panicking and trying to escape but the last thing she saw was the brush which was a scalpel laying on the floor gleaming and pointing at her until the black red crept over her eyeballs burning them with the inside of her mouth so she choked on it and suffocated her senses left her and her world turned black

((Cassidy Wakemore START))

Cassie's eyes flew open. The sky came to greet her and it was blue. Nice calming blue. Not like that other color she had in her dreams just now. Already the details were fading from her memory, but she was happy about that, for once. She knew that this dream was best left forgotten.

Her tiny body splayed itself out on a road, as she found out when she turned her head. She sat bolt upright, looking for cars, but none came. The only thing she saw was a long, slender thingy poking out of the ground, impaling a bag on the ground.

She got up and tried pulling it out, thankfully discovering that it didn't break the bag after all. It was just a trick of perspective. Normally she loved those, but now wasn't the time. She examined the thing, chuckling a bit when she found out she was almost as short as it was long. One end was blunted and one end pointed. No sharp edges or anything, just a point. What was this thing called? And how could she possibly use it?

She hefted it over her shoulder and grabbed her bag with her free hand and began hiking down the side of the road. It wasn't long before she saw a vehicle in the distance, along with other people who she hoped were happy and not at all panicked. There was this one guy with a guitar, and this other guy without a guitar, and a blonde girl, and IS THAT WHO SHE THOUGHT IT WAS

"Maria?" she exclaimed, beginning to pick up the pace. It was fortunate for her that the pointy end of her weapon was behind her and in no danger of hitting anything while she jogged over. It clattered to the ground as she dropped it and the bag, tackling and hugging the girl she thought was Maria with her free hands.

She hoped it was Maria she was hugging. She didn't know any other girl with blue-black hair, but if there was someone else like that, this had the potential to be very, very awkward.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Dan nodded to Paige. A simple effective nod that he hoped she realized meant that it was time to shut up and move. However, it seemed that DK was not meant to leave the side of this truck, as the sound of a guitar being played filled the air around the truck and who but Dustin Royal made an appearance.

"You know Royal, all your witty comments about Rambo and Stallone made me think of something. If I really am Rambo, as you so kindly put it, I'd shut your fucking mouth before I do get angry as my associate over here just warned you; because Rambo is liable to do something like this."

DK raised his pistol and pointed it straight at Dustin Royal's face.

"I swear to God, give me one good reason Dustin. I don't think either of these ladies are interested in fucking you at the moment, so why don't you fuck off somewhere else?"

There was a brief moment of silence between the people at the truck. The moment of silence was broken by the shrill cry of another girl.

DK watched as the newcomer flung her arms around Maria with an intensity that caused Dan to briefly switch his targets.

Ah never mind, it's Cassidy, she couldn't hurt a damn thing other than herself.

"Ahem..." DK cleared his throat to indicate that there was unfinished business.

Turning his pistol back to Dustin, DK spoke again.

"So where were we? Oh yeah, you were about to fuck off."
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

Throughout his years, Dustin had grown used to people becoming...irritated by his presence. At this point, responses like Paige's were like water off a duck's back. But then, not even a duck could ignore a response as extreme as the one the big guy was packing.

"Easy on, dude," Dustin said, his voice slightly shaky as he found himself staring down the barrel of the big guy's pistol. "Just a joke, jeez. Not looking for trouble...not looking for a fuck, either, if you're offering." Dustin laughed uneasily at his feeble jibe.

The situation was momentarily defused by another girl exploding on to the scene - a tiny, impulsive young lass Dustin knew as Cassidy. Sadly, she was another girl Dustin didn't view as particularly desirable, and it was this thought that meant Dustin missed the big guy shifting his focus from him - or, at least, until the big guy decided to go right back to his original target. Dustin cursed under his breath at the lost opportunity.

"So where were we? Oh yeah, you were about to fuck off."

Dustin stepped back and raised his hands, bag at one side and guitar at the other. "Christ, man, calm down. Seriously, just chill. Besides, these lovely ladies shouldn't be exposed to blood so soon." Dustin offered a lopsided grin, as though a peace offering. Then, remembering Paige's sharp response to his arrival, Dustin looked to the blonde girl. "Oh, by the way, not packing anything major. May I?" He gestured to his bag and raised his eyebrows.

Probably not wise to do things without permission right about now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Maria noticed as things were starting to go to hell, and already Donkey Kong was pointing a gun in Dustin's face. Not yet ready to witness a murder, Maria tried to defuse the situation.

"Uh...hey, there's no need to-"

Maria's surely rousing speech was cut short when somebody called out her name. As she turned to see who it is, something hit her with all the force of a 95-lb linebacker (which by the way, isn't a very effective linebacker.) It was enough to knock her off balance, though, and send her crashing to the ground with an "Oof!" She looked down to see who her attacker was when...

"...Cass?" Maria breathed a sigh of relief. It was good to see a friendly face, especially right now. Out of all the fans of Blank Nation, she was one of the biggest, if not THE biggest. And out of all of that group and Blank Nation itself, the two of them were probably the most like-minded. The two of them could totally team up and fight crime. Cass could be the Turner to her Hooch. The Will Smith's character in Bad Boys to her Martin Lawrence's character in Bad Boys. The Robin to her Batman. Except that she was wearing pants, which was kind of a shame because she probably had really nice legs-OKAY, NEW SUBJECT.

"Uh...Cass?" Maria said, offering the girl a gentle pat on the head. "As much as I could really go for a hug right about now, I think there's something more important going on right now." She says, her attention brought back to the situation between Donkey Kong and the Manwhore (...coming to NBC this fall.)
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Cassie felt warm from the hug, and was a bit reluctant to part from it until Maria mentioned that something was wrong. "What? What is it?" she asked, before turning to look around. "Oh shit! Wot's all this, then?"

All this then was two students at either end of a gun. The triggeree, the one before the gun and in danger of catching a bullet, was a kind of cute boy with baby blue eyes and straw blond hair. He had a nervous look in his eyes. She knew that look well; she had the same look on her face when she was caught by her parents at the age of four, drawing her first mural on the kitchen wall and making a sculpture out of toilet paper. She didn't know what the guy'd done to make the other one so pissed off at him, but she doubted it merited a gun!

The triggerer, was a big hulking jockish guy with glasses who was also kind of chubby. It seemed unfair to Cassie that he should be threatening this smaller, prettier man with a gun when he could easily just beat the shit out of him with his bare hands.

That wouldn't be a pretty sight, either. Cassie hadn't been in a whole lot of fights herself, but she'd seen people getting beaten up, like that one guy with the hair, or that other guy with the hair. Bruised, discolored skin, swollen eyes and lips, the whole package. And here on hellmurder island, that was just the tip of the iceberg!

"Dude, why so serious?" she asked the big guy as the other one carefully moved to get his stuff off the ground, causing her attention to shift immediately back to her own daypack and weapon, which she left on the ground.

She darted back over to them and picked them up, shielding from the other pretty boy. It was her bag and her pointed stick and he couldn't have them, no matter how handsome he might be!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Logging Road”