And So It Begins, The Epic Struggle Of Man And Bear

B035 JJ Sturn- Start

This was once the sole cell phone reception tower on the island, largely responsible for its internet and phone contact with the outside world. Now, however, it is nothing but a twisted, dangerous ruin, strewn with wreckage, having been destroyed by Danya’s henchmen during the preparation of the island. They did a thorough job; a close inspection reveals that nothing of use remains.
GameMaker†

And So It Begins, The Epic Struggle Of Man And Bear

Post by GameMaker† »

JJ Sturn woke up lying on his back outside, his head pounding and no memory of how he had gotten there. Now, this wasn't exactly an unusual occurrence for JJ, but something about this felt different. Something about this felt a little odd, even before his memories started coming back. There was something around his neck- something cold and metallic. A... a collar.

Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. Six words, prefaced by that video. JJ had seen it before, some of his friends had showed to him as a shock thing last summer, but this was a lot different. You knew you were only seconds away from making it to the next demonstration tape, now that you were here. And that video... something like this, something that could turn his classmates into that... what the fuck were you supposed to do against something like that?

"Ah, fuck me!" He didn't fully shout, but JJ didn't exactly whisper, either. It was just his fucking luck, wasn't it? Finally getting his shit together, about to fucking graduate, and this crap had to begin. He wasn't even really upset or sad yet, just pissed. Although he supposed he should have felt a little honored- after all, not everybody gets to be the universe's bitch.

JJ took a look at the bag that they had given him, opening it up and taking a look at what he had. A map, a compass, a flashlight, some food and some water. And finally... a first aid kit and what looked like a billy club. A FUCKING BILLY CLUB? I mean, it could be fucking worse, but... when someone was fucking shooting at him, what the fuck was he gonna do, throw it at them? Ah, well, even if he did get shot, he could just take out his handy dandy first aid kit, slap a band aid on the wound, and he'd be just fucking peachy! What a crock of shit.

He reached into his back pocket, and was relieved to find that they had, at least, not been douchebags enough to take that from him. He pulled out his pack of Wild Sevens, taking a cigarette from the top and putting it in his mouth. He fumbled for his lighter in his front pocket, and for a moment, he was about to retract his previous statement about them being douches. Could they really have left him his cigarettes and taken his lighter? I mean, kidnapping a class of kids and forcing them to kill each other is one thing; teasing a man about cigs when he really wants a smoke is a whole different one.

But, no; he found the lighter, and put it to the cigarette, finding it easy to light with the nearly non existent wind of the island. JJ took a puff, and turned around, looking at his surroundings. There was what looked like a cell phone tower behind him- someone had done quite a number on it, though, and now it was just a twisted, broken wreck. He looked around the island, trying to judge the size of it, but it was pointless. His view was barred by trees, and besides, even in the rare places he could see pretty clearly, it looked like the island just kept going on and on.

JJ took another pull of his cigarette, and sat down on the ground, trying to calm down. Right now, the island, besides the wrecked tower behind him, seemed to have a calm, almost serene look to it. This wouldn't last for long- things were bound to get worse soon. JJ wasn't naive enough to think that people wouldn't kill- they would. He didn't know who, but he knew that it would happen. And most likely sooner rather than later. Give a nervous kid a gun, a kid who maybe had a few problems back home, put him into a stressful scenario where someone's threatening him- boom. That's all it would take. And once the first kill happens, its just gonna escalate. Paranoia, pandemonium, chaos, all that good shit.

JJ felt like shit, sitting there, just thinking about it, not even trying to do anything, not even trying to think about doing something to stop this. But that wasn't what he did- he was good with actions, maybe, not even good with that, but plans and decision making- he fucking blew at that. Other people, he knew, were a lot better at that. Mike. Julian. Cla-

Claire.

CLAIRE.

The cigarette dropped from his mouth, but JJ didn't even notice. He was already over at his bag again, reaching for the map. The anger was gone now, and the fear had hit him. It had hit him. This was Survival Of The Fittest, this is where people got fucking killed, and not only was he here, but Claire was too. He looked at the map, studying it intently. He needed to find her, and this thought consumed him for what felt like an eternity before he realized the map would provide absolutely no help to him finding Claire.

"Ah, fuck!" JJ put his head into his hands, and for what seemed like the millionth time in his life, he felt powerless. He had that feeling again, the feeling that there was nothing more that he could do than fuck this up. But the only difference was this time, he couldn't afford to fuck this up.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GameMaker. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

(B023 Start)

Daniel shook awake as his mind flashed back to a classroom and a video, a video he couldn't believe was true. He sighed as he felt the collar that signaled the impending truth of his location. He was in Survival of the Fittest.

"Dude.....this is messed up" He said to himself as he picked up his duffel bag, putting on his shoulder as he glanced at the other bag, opening it and grabbing one of the pieces of bread and taking a bite. He was hungry, due to being told he shouldn't eat the previous night by his dad, since according to him, they would be eating all the time at the campsite. Well he was wrong on one thing, eating wouldn't be what they would be doing. Daniel then realized they weren't even at the campsite, unless the campsite had a ruined metal tower. He continued, pushing aside the typical stuff so he could find his weapon and throw it away. He refused to play, it wasn't right, he liked his classmates.

"What the hell?" Daniel said as he pulled out some yellow metal box. The tag said AED Machine, as Daniel sighed, he got a fricking defrillibrator. It just seemed to be a useless box, Daniel stood as he heard someone shout near him, the nostalgic teen freaked as he tossed the machine toward the direction.

"Don't kill me!" Daniel shouted in hope they would listen.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler gambit508.
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

(B150 - Harold Fisher start thread)

When Harold had first awoken on the island, and the reality of his situation had kicked, he had been terrified. While anyone would have been scared, he especially had reason to worry, because of his physique and his general standing with the rest of his peers. After all, while one didn't have to worry about people who barely cared about your existence, the thought of hundreds of people actively hunting him down had him in a cold sweat, so much so that he almost didn't notice the prize that was waiting for him in his bag until his hand happened to touch something heavy and metallic. Something beautiful.

Never had to use a gun before, but if what I know is correct, I got a VERY good gun.

A thorough reading of the manual had confirmed Harold's suspicions. Not only did this gun hold ten shots, but it also came with three reloads of the same amount. 40 shots, and that was it. He would have to conserve ammunition wisely. After running through the steps for loading and reloading a gun at least two times, and rereading all the safety instructions, he felt confident that he'd be able to use this gun like a seasoned pro. How wrong he would prove to be.

The communications tower had been Harold's first destination upon looking at his map. Ideally, he would have tried to fix it if the damage to it hadn't been too severe, or just salvage the thing for spare parts. To make matters even better, it was a short walk from where he had been dropped. What he saw when he arrived, however, made him instantly regret any enthusiasm he had accrued. First off, there were two students there, though they didn't look like they were happy to see one another. Second, the tower was wrecked. There would be nothing to salvage from this mess.

Stepping up slowly, keeping himself around the other side of the wreckage, Harold watched as one of the students panicked and threw away something box-shaped that he had been holding. The other one, judging from the angle he was watching from, had a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Not a bad weapon, but he had a better one.

And so, stepping around so that the other two people could see him, Harold walked towards the two men, pistol held pointed towards the ground in his left hand while the other hand was in his pocket. Hopefully, he could get the two of them to lower their guard so that he could let them have it at point blank range. He didn't want to risk losing a bullet because of a shaky hand.

"Hey there, don't worry," he said to Daniel. "Nobody's killing anybody here. Right?" he added to JJ. "Who cares what that guy...whatever his name, said? We're not going to murder people just because he told us to."

No, I'm killing people because I want to. Whatsisname just gave me a way to do it.
Syph†

Post by Syph† »

(B111 Begins)

The coarse grass against Isaiah's face woke him up. He stirred slowly, and a cold breeze brushed along his face. It subsided a few seconds later and Isaiah rolled onto his back, flinging his arms in an almighty stretch. Then it clicked.

Where the heck am I?

He pushed himself off the ground, bolt upright. Above him, stood a tower and beside him was a waist-high shrub. Danya. Two figures stood together a short distance away. Survival of the Fittest. He grabbed his collar and let it slip from his fingers. He sniffed sharply. His pack!

On his right was his pack, he flung it open looking for the mercy of His divine protection. He found no mercy. Only a packet of water balloons.

Has the Lord forsaken me?

He shuffled towards the cover of the bush to spy the two figures. They looked friendly enough but Isaiah was sensible enough not to extend an olive branch to devils. Devils walked among Saints now. God's law permitted their destruction, and rewarded sacrifice to protect those untainted. Isaiah knew he was regressing to survive, but a noble sacrifice will gain entry to heaven.

He dropped to his knees in meditation and prayer, ever listening and watching.

'Matthew 25:52 - Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Syph. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GameMaker†

Post by GameMaker† »

JJ Sturn sat on the ground, deliberating over what to do, what the best course of action would be- and then something large and hard hit him in the back. It him hard, too, and it fucking hurt. JJ turned around, looking down on the ground to see a defibrillator lying next to him. The direction it was thrown, plus the cry of "Don't kill me!", made it pretty easy for JJ to find the source of his enemy. A small, scared boy, on the ground with his hands covering his face. What a fucking idiot... I doubt if I was actually trying to kill anybody that throwing a fucking defibrillator at me would discourage me.

"Fucking goddamit!" shouted JJ, walking over towards the kid. "What the fuck, man?! I'm not gonna hurt you, but that shit fucking hurt!" JJ pinched the bridge of nose, closing his eyes and trying to calm down. The kid was obviously fucking scared... he had just acted out of fear, he wasn't trying to do anything to JJ. And if JJ flipped out now, and decided to beat the shit out of him, that wouldn't help either of them.

""Hey there, don't worry," This was another voice, and JJ looked over to see the kid walking towards him. Harold Fisher, a kid he recognized. A fat, lazy loser, and a frequent target of JJ's former friends. He continued with his little pacifist speech, and JJ found that he really couldn't see this kid as being the leader. It seemed a lot more like an act to JJ- not to mention the handgun he was rather awkwardly holding.

JJ went to reply to him, and then he heard another voice begin to speak, this one slightly farther away. Another kid he didn't know, down on his knees praying. Some bible verse... something about a sword. JJ would be the first to admit that he wasn't a big bible reader, or even a bible reader at all, but he doubted they mentioned a sword when they were preaching nonviolence.

So, JJ thought to himself. We've got a nervous kid who seems to be stupid enough to throw something hard at someone much bigger than him. Then we got Harold, whose peaceful attitude I can't help but not trust... most pacifists didn't carry around a handgun, nor did most pacifists have that self interested politician tone of voice Harold seemed to have. And now we have this religious nutjob, looks like he's ready to kill for God or something, and God really is the only one who knows whatever the fuck he's packing.

Care to see what's under Door Number 4, sir?
Knowing JJ's fucking luck, it would probably be Rosa Fiametta coming here soon, her siblings behind her and a shotgun in her hands. Goddamit... it looks like God really did fucking hate him, didn't he?

Just. Fucking. Great.

JJ sighed again, and then began to speak.

"Harold, I don't think anybody here's trying to kill anyone." He spoke in a calm, even tone, trying to keep his nervousness and anger under control. "But it would really him relax if you could unload that gun you have, or at the very least put it back in your day pack. And I think it would do the same for Daniel. People are probably pretty nervous right now- I know I am- and having a loaded gun out is not gonna help that."

Fuck, JJ regretted leaving the billy club, or whatever the fuck it was, by his daypack- it could've helped him now, probably. JJ knew he was a very good fighter, and he knew he could probably win a fight against almost anyone else in Bayview. But, that wouldn't really help him if good old Harold over there decided to go fucking gun crazy and make JJ a new asshole, would it? He was tough, yeah, but tough wouldn't really stop him from bleeding out from a bullet wound.

Ah, fuck me.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GameMaker. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

Daniel winced as a new figure entered the area, holding a gun. Daniel backed away quickly. "Shit man, this is messed up, you have a gun!" Daniel rambled as he started to move toward the other figure when he noticed him coming closer and he looked pissed.

As Daniel winced at the cursing, he then noticed that the other figure, JJ Sturn, Daniel realized. The large student wasn't someone you forget, as well as the other figure, Harold. Neither were people Daniel hung around with. Sighing as Daniel looked at the two.

"Look, I don't know what dudes are cooking up, but Harold, JJ is right. We need to be smart and peaceful, like Dr. Light, and find some way to beat this" Daniel said as he punched his palm for emphasis.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler gambit508.
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Unload my gun? Do they think I'm stupid or something?

As the demands filled the air for Harold to put his gun away, he rolled his eyes and did nothing. "Riiiiiiiight," he said in a sarcastic tone. "You want me to put away my weapon, so you can do what? Strangle me and steal it? I'm not stupid, kids, so don't assume that I am." Suddenly, a gleam came into Harold's eyes, and his smug smile became even wider. "In fact, I've got a better idea." Raising his pistol suddenly, he shifted his stance and took his other hand out of his pocket to support the gun. Backing off slightly to keep both of them in his sights, he said in a raised voice, "I really didn't want to have to do this, but you people are starting to piss me off!"

As he was talking, Harold was slowly walking back towards the treeline. Even with the advantage of having a gun, he was still worried about the sheer numbers of the situation. The further back he was, the more he could maximize the advantage that a gun would give him, assuming that whoever that praying guy was wouldn't flank Harold while he wasn't looking. He glanced over at him every now and then, just to be sure, but he couldn't watch him while keeping the other two covered as well.

"I'm going to say this once, and only once!" Harold shouted, his voice quivering slightly and his arms shaking. "Go away! If I see you again, no talking. I'm just gonna pop you in the head and be done with you! UNDERSTAND?!" On that last word, Harold's voice cracked, and he had to really fight his body's urgings to turn and run. Now that he had the gun up, he was beginning to realize that shooting someone wasn't as easy as they made it in movies. If they tried to gang up on him, he wasn't sure that he'd be able to actually pull the trigger and kill them.

Go away! Just go now, and don't try anything! Please!
Syph†

Post by Syph† »

Isaiah saw the gun and knew he wouldn't stand a chance. So much for a hiding place. The potential victims of his gunfire were unknown to him. The tower was close-by and he had a clear run to the ladder. If he could get up there and into the bowels of the collapsed tower, he could hide. There were plenty of dark places inside for hiding and hopefully a steel pole or similar debris.

Still in crouch, he assumed the Olympic sprinting position, careful not to directly face the gunman. If he charged the gunman, he was dead. If the gunman thought Isaiah was charging him, he was also dead.

'Ecclesiastes 9:11 - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.' he whispered. The Lord's word is wise indeed.

Isaiah pushed his backside into the air, took a final breath and launched himself across the grass. Time slowed as he sprinted, every second seeming like a minute, yet fear ripped at his heart. Don't shoot.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Syph. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GameMaker†

Post by GameMaker† »

A normal person, threatened by someone with a gun who was clearly unstable, would probably take their advice and run away. In fact, anyone with common sense would probably do that. It was the smartest decision, and anyone with even the most remotely good decision making skills would take it.

JJ didn't have good decision making skills, but he did have a problem controlling his temper.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!" JJ shouted this, and he felt the familiar anger building up inside of him. What the fuck was this kid playing at? Pushed even the smallest amount, and he goes off like a firecracker, waving that goddamn gun around like he was in a fucking Dirty Harry movie. "If I wanted to take your gun, I'd do something like this-"

JJ quickly stepped towards Harold, bridging the gap between them, and feinted a punch at Harolds head. He stopped just a few inches short, but Harold had let out a gasp of surprise, covering his face with his hands. "- you fucking idiot. I'm not going to, because I'm sick of doing things like that- but tell you what, keep going around gun in hand shouting threats, and someone will."

JJ walked away from Harold, disgusted. He doubted that Harold could do any real damage, that he'd actually kill someone, but if he was flipping out like this- that meant almost surely that other people were. And that was not good. People like that, the situation would quickly dissolve into chaos. And if the person actually knew how to use a gun...

JJ spit on the ground, picking up his day pack and throwing it around his shoulder. He wouldn't think about that right now- he had to find Claire, and quickly. He couldn't stop to deal with everyone who was having a crisis over the island, even if he wanted to. He looked back at Harold, still standing there, seemingly in shock. My god... he's like a little kid having a tantrum. He doesn't even know what the fuck he's doing.

"Harold, if you decide that you can trust people, and you actually are willing to help others, come find me. There'll be no hard feelings, and maybe me and you together could find a way to get off this island." He put another cigarette in his mouth, lighting it and taking a nice long pull. Maybe that's why he'd been feeling stressed- he'd never finished his first one. "Harold, we both know you're a smart kid, so don't be a fucking idiot. You know you don't have to play by that fat sadistic fuck's rules. If you go off and try to 'win' this thing, all you're gonna do is get yourself killed. Do the right thing, Harold."

JJ took another pull of his cigarette, and turned and began to walk away. He couldn't deal with this shit right now.

(JJ Sturn continued in Can't Fall Down)
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

Despite Daniel's agreement with JJ, it appeared Harold had other ideas. Unfortunately for Daniel, Harold's ideas involved freaking the hell out and pointing his gun at them. Daniel's eyes widened as Harold started to move back, getting ready for a better shot. Daniel needed to think how to deal with this quickly. Why the hell was he even here? He should of been at home, playing with Jude, or getting ready to go to college to work on his Biology degree. Instead he was fighting for his life in the middle of nowhere, with two people who weren't really on his side. Geez, where's Marty or Joshua, hell where's that Aileen chick that he annoyed at prom. He looked around, trying to find a way to escape when JJ moved toward Harold and launched a punch at his face.

That was all Daniel needed, picking up the duffel bag, as well as his own red bag and starting to walk away from the group. JJ was already leaving and Daniel really needed to find his friends, and hopefully, not have them be less human than before.

(Daniel Vaughan continued in I'll Need A Saviour)
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

That son of a...who does he...GRRRRRRRR!!!

As JJ began to walk away, Harold lowered his pistol and cursed, unloading the gun and putting it back in the daypack before growling and stamping his feet. The larger man had demolished him, not physically of course, but mentally. And right now, he wanted to hurt him somehow, but he also realized that it wasn't worth it anymore. The man had already made him look like a total idiot, and shooting him now would only seem petty and spiteful. Or it would be a sign that he was so much of a coward that he could only shoot people when they weren't facing him directly. Either way, his heart wasn't in it.

"You may have made your point," Harold shouted after JJ, "but my original point still stands as well. I will find you again, and when I do, you're dead! You hear me?"

Not waiting for JJ's response, Harold ran in the opposite direction as fast as he could, which admittedly wasn't very fast. But fear was on his side, and so he made it to the trees without being manhandled from behind. The fat man would have to steel himself for the next encounter with someone, because he was determined to survive at all costs, no matter what it took to do so.

(Harold Fisher continued in Rest and Relaxation)
Syph†

Post by Syph† »

Isaiah grabbed the ladder and launched himself up a few rungs before dropping over the other side behind a cage of twisted steel. He had no heard any gunshots, perhaps the situation had diffused. Or he was being followed.

It was most unlikely as the men outside were still shouting.

Isaiah smiled with relief as he cast eyes on a loose piece of metal that formed the hatching of the tower's structure. Isaiah didn't care what it's previous use was, the three foot by three inch sheet of tough steel was enough to provide him with the most basic of protection.

His baseball skills would provide power to his strikes although it was very difficult to hold comfortably.

Make do, Isaiah

Unable to return the way he entered, Isaiah spotted a small hole in the wreckage. It was just enough to crawl through. It was the most vulnerable position in this god-forsaken place.

He slid the metal bar through the hole and darted after it scrambling in the dirt in an attempt to haul himself through. The metal bar lay by his side, but the comfort of freedom was stronger than any metal pole.

Chr... crap, not far to go now
Syph†

Post by Syph† »

Isaiah stared into the quiet around him and saw nothing. He had a bad feeling about this place.

He turned on his heels and left slowly away from the tower, pulling out his map to check his next destination.

((Isaiah Garvey continued [post adoption] in Reconstitution))

Return to “Destroyed Cell Phone Tower”