Take Back The Fear

Private Thread -- Sunrise Day 5

A prominent part of the fun fair is the house of mirrors. However, the power is out, making it difficult for a student to see whether they are looking at a reflection - or the real thing. The building is complex even given its purpose, standing two stories tall.
Ares

Take Back The Fear

Post by Ares »

((OOC: This is a private thread taking place on Day 5))
((Also, all GMing in this thread was approved by handlers involved))

----

((Staffan Kronwall continued from Hysteria. Darren Locke continued from Cabin Fever))

Darren Locke has long since lost his traveling companion Jamie. One moment he had been taking a nap, the next he woke up along in the middle of the jungle. Not exactly what his master plan had been, but it did help him realize that Jamie could have killed him and he wouldn't have stood a chance. He would have to be more careful if he was going to make it home.

After making sure to take notes of the dangerzones and anyone particularly dangerous, Darren found himself in an area marked on his map as the Fun Fair, which indicated a rather large House of Mirrors in it's parameters. Darren had arrived in the Fun Fair shortly after midnight, so navigating his way to the Fun Fair in the dark proved a challenge. What proved to be a greater challenge was navigating the house of mirrors itself. After one too many close encounters of the wall-to-face kind, Darren remember about his lighter in the first aid kit they'd been assigned. Luckily for him it sparked a flame on the first try and he was soon able to navigate his way up to the second floor of the building.

He picked a spot near the place where he'd entered the second floor and sat down against one of the mirrors. Darren took a side-ward glance into one of the mirrors, using the lighter to view his reflection. He chuckled to himself as he realized the toll the jungle had had on him so far. He was lucky enough to still feel strong, but he certainly didn't look it. He made a mental note to find a water source to wash up at in the morning. After working his bag into a somewhat comfortable position under his head, Darren allowed his eyes to close.

---

Staffan Kronwall was still rattled about what had happened at the Parish. It hadn't been his fault right? Brent Shanahan had provoked him, and that Alicia girl wouldn't stop screaming. He didn't even have a chance to explain to her what happened. She didn't even give him a chance to show that Brent was a dick. She claimed he'd been so cruel. That was rich coming for her. Staffan was willing to bet that she assumed he killed Brent because he was a foreign kid. It was always easy for these Americans to blame it on an outsider. Staffan was also willing to bet that if it had been his older brother in the same position, Alicia would have dropped to her knees and blew him on the spot.

Staffan had been laying low. Moving only when he had to, and trying to stay away from anyone who came near him. However, all that alone time had given Staffan a lot of time to think about his brother and once he heard over the announcement that the other Kronwall brother had killed someone, something in Staffan finally clicked. He instantly thought of how Nik was probably someone's big hero with his kill, and how he would convince everyone around that situation that he was their ticket to survival. Mr. Popularity. First he became the star of the hockey team. Then he managed to get the girl Staffan has secretly crushed on. This was the last straw. He couldn't take living in his brother's shadow any longer and Staffan resolved to show the world that he was the better Kronwall. He would be the winner of Survival of the Fittest.

Staffan shielded his eyes as the sunlight of the morning hit him dead on as he exited the dense brush. He was now in the Fun Fair, standing very near to a house of mirrors.

Good place for someone to hide.

Staffan entered the house of mirrors with his fist clenched and daypack slung over his shoulder. He would be ready with the dynamite at a moments notice.

---

Darren awoke with a start. He heard footsteps coming from the floor below.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," He breathed, "Locke you idiot."

Darren berated himself as quietly as he could while he scrambled to get his belongings together. Escape out the way he came in was not an option. He would have to move very carefully through the mirrors. Darren rose to his feet and began to tread softly along the path through the mirrors. Each step felt like it took an eternity to complete. It did not help that Darren could still hear the footsteps coming from the floor beneath him. Then, it happened. Darren placed his right foot down and heard a damning sound. A loud and obnoxious moan emitted from the floor beneath him.

"Fuck me..."

---

It was like the house of mirrors wanted Staffan to begin his conquest within it's walls. The floor groaned against something above him. Staffan was already near the stairs that led to the second level, so he took two long strides then began his ascent. Staffan bounded into the second level of the house of mirrors, only to be halted by the sight in front of him. There stood a boy, obviously the source of the noise, facing him with a sword in his hands. Staffan recognized the boy. His name was Darren Locke.

"Nice sword you have." Staffan said, not taking his eyes off of it.

Darren had decided it would be better to be prepared and had readied his gladius for the oncomer. He had not expected the person appearing from the stairwell to be 6 feet 4 inches of Swedish hockey machine. Darren gulped as he realized that Staffan had been one of the announced killers. Here Darren stood. A killer in front of him, and an exit that would be difficult to find if the hulk in front of him decided to give chase.

"Yeah. It is a nice sword." Darren said, trying to sound as tough as he could.

Staffan moved his hands behind his back before speaking again.

"Have you had to use it yet, or it is just for show?" The Swede asked through his accent.

"No, I haven't had to use it, and I don't want to Staffan. Unlike you I suppose? I heard what you did earlier. How could you do that? We should be trying to fight the people who put us here, not each other." Darren replied fiercely.

"Typical. Fucking typical. You assume that I killed Brent and Alicia for fun," Staffan could feel his temper rising, "You don't even give me a chance? You just believe what that Danya man says?"

"So what if I do Staffan? You and your brother are both killers. How do I know you aren't working together? I have to watch my own ass out here, and when I hear that someone is a murderer, I damn sure make a note of that!"

"Well, I hope you make note of this." Staffan said as his arms came forward, his right hand releasing something small and red in Darren's direction.

If Darren Locke had taken the time to study the moment, he would have seen what the cameras broadcasting this moment to the world could see. Staffan's nonchalant pose had a purpose. Staffan had fished his lighter out of the bag and lit the fuse on one of the dynamite sticks. That very same dynamite stick was now sailing towards Darren Locke's feet.

Staffan dove back into the stairwell, getting as far down the stairs as he could.

Darren Locke felt like his feet were glued to the ground. He felt the gladius drop from his hand as he turned to run, but in a cruel twist of fate, Darren ran smack into one of the mirrors. He shook his head out of the daze and looked at the dynamite stick mere feet away. He closed his eyes and strange even to him, had only one slightly calming thought.

Everything happens for a reason.

*BOOM*

The eruption from the stick shattered the glass around Darren. The force of the blast propelled Darren's body through the air, smashing through the mirrored walls and over the small viewing balcony of the second floor. The shards of mirrored glass tore at every inch of Darren like small bullets. Darren's body fell through the air and landed with a sickening thud outside of the house of mirrors. A small spurt of blood shot itself from his mouth as his head rolled to the side. Darren was dead before he hit the ground. The force of the blast at close radius had collapsed his lungs. Combining that with a rather large shard of mirror impaling itself into Darren's neck had resulted in his death.

B106 - Darren Locke - Deceased

---

Staffan turned back in the stairwell in time to feel the force of the boom from above, and to feel the shard shower that was blasted through the opening to the stairwell. Staffan ducked his head protectively under the trench coat. After regaining his composure, Staffan ventured back down the stairs. He snaked his way through the first floor maze and made his way back outside to survey his kill.

Now we will see who is the best brother.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

((Evelyn Reed continued from Revenge Is Best Served Cold))

Evelyn staggered towards the Hall of Mirrors. She had spend the night alone and terrified, wandering the island. She had gotten completely turned around in the dark, walking farther from the safety of her group. Over the course of the intervening hours, she had only managed to snatch small, fitful catnaps, every little sound or snap of a twig causing her eyes to fly open and her heart to race.

Her terror slackened slightly with the rising of the sun. At least now she could see where she was going. Not that that helped the growling of her stomach. She was as short on calories as she was on sleep. But catching up on food and water was about as likely as getting a full eight hours of rest since her bag with her water and carb rations in it was back with Thea.

Oooh, Thea. Please know that I totally didn't mean to abandon you to the Geek Squad. I'm so sorry.

Evelyn ground her fists into her eyes to keep from crying. She was sure that she didn't have any moisture to waste. Her lips felt uncomfortably dry, like they were about to pull and crack.

"Maybe...maybe someone forgot their supplies in the Hall of Mirrors", she mused out loud to bolster her spirits. "Maybe I'll get lucky and find a whole case of it. Or maybe I can convince someone else that they'll get lucky if they share some with me."

Running her hands down her formerly clean shirt, she grimaced at the accumulated filth. With a martyred sigh, she tried to brush as much of the dirt off in an effort to make herself presentable. Evelyn ran her fingers through her hair to get out any foreign objects and comb it a bit before putting it up in a messy bun.

"Oh-kay, Reed," she coached herself. "Try to be open, try to be just the right amount of friendly: slightly needy and harmless but not desperate. If we find a guy, we should be just fine." Stiffening her spine, she started up to the entrance to the Hall of Mirrors as the building was rocked by an explosion.

Falling back with a startled cry, she landed hard on her ass. Instinctively, she threw her arms up to shield her head and her face. When she lowered her arms, she was greeted with one of the most wonderful sights.

It was Staffan! Staffan would help her!

Scrambling to her feet, she let out a squeal of glee before launching herself at him. "Staffan! Ohmygod, I'm *so* glad to see you!" Tightly wrapping her arms around him, she pressed herself against him as she embraced him. She knew that Staffan would protect her until she could find Nik.

In her relief, she allowed her thoughts to become stream of conscious as she continuously chattered at him. "You would not *believe* the last day I've had. I was attacked by Meredith Hemmings. Do you know her? She's the weird Goth girl who looks like one of those tragic velvet sad clown paintings. Anyway, she was in the river, butt naked, doing God knows what. So all of a sudden, while I'm trying to talk to Thea...you remember my friend Thea, the cheerleader? Anyway, then Meredith came out of the river, all pale and drippy and hit me! Thankfully, Thea was there and dealt with her. Then... then, okay, get this, okay? Then this Alex kid shows up with Charlene Norris, only his arm is like, disgustingly rotting off his body. And he wants us to cut it off."

Evelyn shivered and pressed her cheek against Staffan's chest. He was so warm and wonderfully solid. Not as solid as Nik, but she'd take him as a substitute until they found his brother.

She continued with her narrative. "Then out of the blue, Jason Clarke the In Crowd wannabe shows up and he does it! He just lops Alex's arm off! It was terrible. Then we found out that Thea's boyfriend James got killed and then I kinda got lost," she sheepishly trailed off.

Glancing up at him through her lashes, she softly added. "I was so afraid until I saw you. But it's all going to be okay now, right? You and I will find Nik and he'll know exactly what to do."

Sighing, she allowed a small smile to slip onto her face. "Nik will have a plan to save us. I just know it."
Ares

Post by Ares »

Staffan barely had time to brace himself when the blur hit him square in the chest and wrapped it's arms around him. Staffan pushed the girl slightly away from himself so he could make an identification.

"Evelyn..."

It was Nik's girlfriend. It was like some kind of on-going test of morality or something. Staffan was out to prove to everyone that he could be superior to his brother, but something in him was stopping him from just throwing the girl to the ground and ending her life on the spot. She was just a scared innocent girl. She wasn't out to provoke him or anything. She needed him. She was different from the rest of bastards in their class. Staffan took solace in the fact that Evelyn having dated Nik would know understand Staffan's point of view on his victims.

Staffan snapped out of his head in time to catch Evelyn raving about a kid getting arm lopped off. She pressed herself into his chest once again. Staffan akwardly put his arm around her. Something told him it was the right thing to do. Evelyn continued to speak softly,

"I was so afraid until I saw you. But it's all going to be okay now, right? You and I will find Nik and he'll know exactly what to do."

"What..." Staffan said looking down at the girl in his arms.

"Nik will have a plan to save us. I just know it."

Staffan pushed the smiling girl off of him.

"Nik will have a plan? NIK?!? You don't think I can get people out of here? You don't think I'm capable? Look at what I just did to Darren!" Staffan roared as he grabbed Evelyn and turned her to where Darren Locke's corpse laid.

He couldn't believe it. He just couldn't. Maybe it was five days in the heat starting to get to him, but Staffan stood baffled by the girl in front of him. The smallest inkling of hope inside him. Hope that one damn person on the island would have faith in him. Hope that one single person could look at Staffan without thinking about Nik.

"You're worthless." Staffan growled as he threw the girl to the ground.

If she didn't want to believe in him, she was just like the others. Staffan would make an example of her. Nik wasn't here to save her. He would be devastated by her death and come looking for Staffan, that much was true. But Staffan would be ready. If it took Staffan beating Nik into the ground they stood on, he would do it.

"Just like the rest of them." Staffan said as he directed a kick at the girl on the ground.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Things had finally turned a corner. No more freaks like Meredith or Alex. No more having to fear for her safety. Staffan would totally take care of her until they found Nik. Then, they would be totally safe because who in their right mind would go up against the Kronwall brothers?

No one, that's who.

Her perfect sense of security lasted right up until Staffan pushed her away from him and began ranting. Eyes wide in shock, she could only stare at him as he roughly grabbed her and turned her towards his most recent victim.

Oh shit. Oh shit oh shit OH SHIT!

She remembered that Staffan's name had come up in the announcements. He had killed someone. She hadn't given it much thought at the time because, well, obviously, Danya had it wrong. Until about three seconds ago, she would have sworn on her life that Staffan would never purposefully hurt someone, let alone kill them.

But since he was manhandling her and showing her his handiwork, she had been wrong. So very wrong.

Oh God. Think! THINK, she silently screamed at herself. There had to be something she could say or do that would diffuse the situation. She didn't want to end up like Darren. She didn't want to end up dead. Feeling lightheaded, she wracked her brain for something, anything. Now that she needed it most, her infamous mouth was failing her. Her lips moved but the only sound that came out was a whimper.

"You're worthless."

The world spun and blurred as Staffan threw her to the ground. Nearly three years of tumbling lessons had taught her how to fall. Rather than landing flat on her ass, Evelyn twisted herself slightly and landed hard on one knee. Overcorrecting, she wobbled a bit and wound up on her hands and knees.

She hissed as a jolt of pain shot from her knee to her ankle. The landing hurt, but not nearly as much as Staffan calling her worthless. She had to explain to Staf that he was wrong. And she owed it to Nik to get Staf under control before he hurt himself, or more importantly, her.

She was completely unprepared for Staffan's kick. It managed to catch her right under her ribs, driving the air from her completely. She collapsed, rolling onto her side a bit to grab at the injury. Evelyn had had the wind knocked out of her before, during a mishap during cheerleading practice, but that hadn't been nearly as terrifying as right now.

Staffan's blow set her to dry heaving once more. Evelyn weakly lifted her head, her body at war with itself as it fought to bring in oxygen and expel stomach acid at the same time. Eyes watering, she glanced up at the man looming over her.

Gasping out his name, Evelyn unwrapped an arm from her stomach and reached out for his leg. Why was he doing this to her? She didn't understand. She'd never done anything to him, ever.

"Please, Staf. Please..."
Ares

Post by Ares »

Evelyn's reaction was exactly what he had expected. The shock and betrayal in her eyes was enough for Staffan to crack a small smile. It only got better when she started to beg him.

"Please what," The Swede barked, "Please don't hurt you? Please don't do anything to you because you're Nik's precious girlfriend? Fuck Nik, and fuck you too."

Staffan aimed another kick at the girl, hitting her in the thigh.

"Do you know what it's like? Everyday I go to that school and HE is the big hero. No one notices me. Everyone worships Nik and the ground he walks on. You...you were the worst. Drooling over him like he was a steak. I'm done with being in his shadow. I'm going to show everyone that Nik is nothing but a coward, and when I win Evie, everyone will know I am the best Kronwall brother."

Staffan lunged on top of the girl forcing himself into a mount position despite her screams of protest. He grabbed her by the chin and turned her head in each direction.

"See...no big hero going to save you. No one to give a damn about you dying."

"Very wrong brother. Very very wrong."

*Thud*

((Nik Kronwall continued from: Fountain of Youth))

The side of Nik's gun cracked off the side of his brother's skull, causing Staffan to roll off to the side.

"Evelyn MOVE!" Nik roared as he pointed the gun at Staffan.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Evelyn shrank back as Staffan yelled at her. Every instinct she possessed screamed at her to keep as still as possible, to not do anything that would upset him further. Maybe if she didn't offer any resistance she could just let him yell himself out. Then things would be okay.

Despite her best intentions, she couldn't keep herself from crying out as he hammered her leg with another kick.

Oh God, this wasn't working. Not moving wasn't helping! Her thigh burned and throbbed as shivers of pain worked through the muscle. If she lived through this, if Staf suddenly snapped to and let her go, the there would be a hell of a bruise tomorrow. Oh God. If? *If* she lived through this?

When Staffan lunged, Evelyn let out a terrified shriek. "Staf! Stop! God, don't!" She pushed at him as he straddled her, his weight and powerful legs pinning her to the ground. Frantic at the restraint, she tried arching her back in a futile attempt to dislodge the far larger man. "Stop, Staf, stop!"

Her cries abruptly stopped as Staffan reached down and grabbed her chin, his fingers cruelly digging into the soft skin of her jaw. Knowing it would only be worse if she fought him, Evelyn allowed him to turn her head.

"See...no big hero going to save you. No one to give a damn about you dying."

She knew he could feel her trembling. Her lower lip quavered as she realized he was enjoying this. He was actually enjoying doing this to her. What had she ever done that made Staffan hate her so? Afraid to look at him, a single tear tracked down her temple as she squeezed her eyes closed.

"Very wrong brother. Very very wrong."

Her eyes flew open at the sound of Nik's voice. She could hardly believe her eyes as Nik struck Staffan with his gun, knocking Staffan off of her. She was scrambling to her feet even as Nik was bellowing for her to move.

Evelyn glanced at Nik, her words of thanks dying on her lips. She has seen Nik in a variety of emotional states. Proud when the hockey team had performed well, excited over some new piece of music he wanted to share with her. Embarrassed when he adorably mangled some English word. Frustrated when dealing with homework. But she had never seen this look on his face. He looked enraged. He looked ready to kill.

Her eyes dropped to the gun in Nik's hand. She knew that he knew how to use a gun. He'd gone hunting with his billet father, Paul. If she didn't do something, in his rage, he would shoot Staffan. It would be so easy to let Nik shoot Staf. Then Staf's reign of terror would be over. But even though Staf had terrorized her, as much as she *wanted* for someone to shoot him, to punish him, she couldn't let Nik do it. If Nik shot Staffan for her, it would destroy him. He loved his brother. She couldn't let him do it.

Without hesitation, she lunged for her boyfriend. She had to stop him before he did something he would regret forever. "Nik, don't!" Her voice was shrill, a combination of the residual fear from Staffan's attack on her and her concern for her boyfriend. "You can't!"
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

((Fiona Sparki continued from Fountain of Youth))

Fiona and Nik left that bloodstained area, the town center where Craig and.. What was his name? Owen? Yes, Owen. That place where those two boys were killed. She would have been more affected by the two corpses, but the murders were committed by Nik and Fiona themselves. There wasn't much more to do than feel guilty about it. Apologize, be at peace with oneself.. Nothing was going to change the past or bring Owen back to life or get Fiona off of this island, so she tried to keep her mind very clear. She tried not to think too much, and if her mind began to wander, she quickly snapped it back to pleasant thoughts of her brothers, her favorite foods, cheerleading, sports.. The people that she would rather see, the things that she would rather be doing..

Oops. Bad thoughts again. Keep thinking about pleasant things!

Rainbows and puppies and butterflies and whatever the hell was pleasant. Honestly, after so much optimistic thinking, Fiona's brain was beginning to hurt.

She wasn't entirely sure where she and Nik were going (nor did she feel like asking), so she kept her mouth shut and surmised that they were looking for Evelyn and Steffan. Those were the two people most important to Nik, but it wasn't like Evelyn wasn't important to Fiona too. Evelyn was something of her friend since they were both on the cheerleading team together. Maybe Evelyn wasn't, like, her BFF, but she tolerated Fiona, and that was good enough for her. It would be very nice to see her again.

Several times throughout their walk, Fiona thought about asking Nik what happened back there. Why did he kill Craig? What provoked it? But she didn't want to upset Nik, and, honestly, she just wanted to forget what happened back there. Unfortunately, the smattering of blood upon their clothing was a blatant reminder of their deeds. She would never forget, no matter how many rainbows or puppies she thought about.

"Tired.." she managed to mutter out after much walking. The announcement had played earlier, and she was somewhat amused after hearing her own name appear in the list of deaths and kills. She thought that axe joke was actually pretty funny, especially since she used an axe to kill Owen! And Danya was right, Owen really was axing- asking for it. Who was he to try and strangle his friend and assume she wasn't going to do anything about it?! She wasn't some weak cheerleader, she could kick ass if she wanted to!

Up ahead was a building. Fiona squinted her eyes and saw two figures ahead of a weird building that looked worse for wear. What the hell happened? It looked half-destroyed. She would have focused more on that, but before she knew it, Nik was sprinting off in the direction of the two figures. She followed behind, much more slowly, and when the figures finally adjusted to her sight, she realized..

Both Steffan and Evelyn were in front of them. But something wasn't right.. No, this wasn't right at all. Steffan was on top of Evelyn, jerking her head from side to side.. Before she could process what had happened, Nik slammed his gun into his brother's head and yelled at Evelyn to move. Fiona lurched forward, eyes wide. She still had a tight grip on her axe, but she wasn't planning on moving it. In fact, she still wasn't entirely sure what was going on.

However, Evelyn was saved. She sprung up and, within a few seconds, began to shout at Nik. "Don't! You can't!" Fiona rubbed her eyes wearily and supposed that Evelyn didn't want Nik to shoot his brother.

"I should probably stay out of this," Fiona muttered, taking a slight step back. It was good that the two had arrived in time to save Evelyn, but why the hell was Steffan doing that? There was countless reasons to come up with, but it was then that Fiona remembered Steffan's name on the announcement. Sure, this didn't amount to much - even Nik and Fiona had been on the announcements, but maybe he had gone mad.. Why else would anyone attack Evelyn like that?

Fiona silently shook her head. Best to let Nik deal with this.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

((Autumn O'Leary continued from The Cloud Minders))

Autumn trudged dutifully forward. The dirt was kicked up and she half shuffled forward. From somewhere far off she heard an explosion and picked her head up. Autumn had no idea the source of the noise so she continued on. She had gotten separated from that other girl, the one from the tunnels. It was just as well, she didn't seem very trust worthy or stable.

You're one to talk.

Her normally line-straight posture was starting to slump forward and though she hated when other people didn't pick up their feet, she felt them weighing her down. She'd been going forward for quite some time on her own, not really knowing where she was going, only knowing that it would be too depressing to go back. She stopped a moment and pushed her hair backwards back into the hair band, sighing deeply. She was behind some sort of building. From far off she heard some voices. Autumn took a step back, ready to run again, but then a a bolt of recognition flashed in her mind.

"I know those voices. I'd know them anywhere," she said quietly to herself.

They were coming from the other side of the building. The familiarity of the tones hummed throughout her. They pulled her to them. Autumn made sure her pack was secure on her shoulder and took off running. She sped towards the voices she knew so well.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((GMing approved and all that stuff))

---------

Staffan rolled off the girl after the blow to his head. He ended up on his back staring up at the sky, blinking furiously and heavily disoriented. He had barely heard the words before the crushing shot. He had Evelyn right where he wanted her. Crying, scared and about to die at his hand. Then what had happened? The world went from fuzzy to focused after a few more blinks, though the intense throbbing of pain and anger didn't fade. Staffan sat up and faced the direction in which his attacker had come from. His eyes bulged with a equal amount of hatred and fear.

"Always playing the hero Niklas?" Staffan said with as much of a condescending tone as he could muster.

Nik kept his gun pointed at his brother. The sight was an intimidating one to say the least. Nik's mane of hair flowing from underneath his dirty bloodied ballcap, his eyes a focused fury directed at his own flesh and blood. The rest of Nik's face showing the dry blood which Nik had yet to clean off from his encounters in the town area. His shirt and pants also bloodstained. He looked like he'd been through a war of his own.

"You..." Nik began his sentence but couldn't finish it. He looked at his brother on the ground in front of him. All this time Nik had hoped and prayed to be able to meet up with his brother, realize that Staffan couldn't have done what the announcements had claimed he'd done, and the two brothers would find their friends and try to get off the island. Instead, Nik found himself staring a lump of betrayal in the form of someone he loved and trusted. Staffan had been about to kill the girl Nik loved. There was no redemption for him for that.

Nik took a small step forward readying his finger on the trigger. He was about to pull it when heard Evelyn shout for him to stop.

"Nik don't! You can't!"

Nik hesitated. Nik let his wrist go limp as he turned to look back at his girlfriend. That split second was all Staffan needed. Staffan lunged for Nik's hand, grabbing the barrel of the gun.

"Give it to me!" Staffan said as he rose to his feet, struggling against his brother.

Nik fought back against Staffan's strength as the brothers wrestled for control of the gun. Nik saw an opening and placed his leg behind Staffan's, pushing forward as he did so. The brothers fell to the ground.

*BANG*

The gun erupted as the boys hit the earth. Both of them continued to roll around for possession of the gun.

*BANG*

Again the gun fired a wild shot. Neither brother appeared to be hit by the shots. Nik finally managed to swing a mount position on Staffan. Nik slammed Staffan's hand holding the gun into the ground until the grip broke. Both of the boys struggled against each other, Nik trying to throw punches and Staffan defending.

"You motherfucker!" Nik roared as he continued his relentless assault. Nik's fist were starting to break through Staffan's defense. The fists rained down, bloodying Staffan's mouth and nose. Staffan was dazed. Nik grabbed Staffan's shirt collar and pulled his brother's head towards his own.

"You are nothing to me. You are not my friend. You are not my family. You are not my brother." Nik growled before delivering a nose shattering headbutt to Staffan's face.

Nik rose up off his brother, breathing heavily, sweat pouring down his bloodstained face. He turned around to face Evelyn. He saw two things, one was Autumn O'Leary speeding towards the scene. The other thing was...

*BANG*

Nik felt something burn and tear through his midsection, the instant pain of it causing him to fall to his knees then face down on the ground.

Staffan Kronwall had snapped awake again. His brother's back was turned and the gun mere inches away. Staffan had grabbed the gun and fired at his brother's back. Watching Nik fall to his knees was everything Staffan had hoped it would be.

"Ha...haha..ahahaa.." Staffan began to laugh at what he'd just done. Staffan lay back down on his back and closed his eyes, still laughing. He could feel the blood running from his broken nose down the sides of his face.

*CRACKBREAKSKINTEARINGNOISE*

Staffan's smile faded quickly as something dug itself deep into his chest. Blood spurted from mouth as his eyes rolled back in his head. His body convulsed violently several times. After his body stopped shaking, his head fell limply to the side, the life taken from his eyes.

Fiona's axe had found it's target once again.

B147 - Staffan Kronwall - ELIMINATED
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Evelyn stumbled back as Staffan surged past her in his attempt to wrestle control of the gun from Nik. The brothers slammed into each other before tumbling to the ground, intent on damaging each other. Her alarmed scream was lost in the loud boom of the gun's discharge. There was a stinging, burning sensation on her stomach. Of all the times for a bee to sting me....

She slapped her hand over the offending injury which sent a spasm of pain through her midsection. OW! What the hell?

There was something wet on her hand. Why was her hand wet? Feeling strangely detached, she lifted her hand up to examine the spot.

Time slowed down to a crawl as she stared at the bright red fluid. Her palm glistened in the early morning light. There was blood all over her hand. Who's blood was that? It couldn't be her blood. Could it? Evelyn looked down at her torso and located the stain that was growing across her shirt. She wobbled for a moment before her legs refused to support her. She fell to her knees, the movement jarring the injury inflicted by Staffan only moments before.

Had it only been moments before? Evelyn muzzily tried to remember. It seemed so very long ago, like it had happened to someone else rather than something she experience. The sharp crack of a second shot snapped her out of her reverie. Dragging her eyes upward from the ground, she saw Nik climb on top of Staffan and begin to brutally beat him.

She opened her mouth to call out to Nik when she felt an incredible pressure on her chest. It hurt. Her chest hurt, and she couldn't breathe. It was like her earlier panic attacks, but amplified by a factor of a hundred. Evelyn reached out towards Nik as she gasped and struggled for air. To make matters worse, she was wracked by coughs.

Everything hurt. Just...everything. There was so much pain. It wasn't possible to point out just one instance of it. Her chest burned as she fought to bring air in to her lungs. But the more she fought, the harder she coughed, until each exhalation sprayed a mist of blood.

Her head swimming, Evelyn collapsed as Staffan shot Nik. She squeezed her eyes closed as her boyfriend crashed to the ground. This was it. There wasn't any hope, not any more. Her hero was lying across from her.

But at least he had tried. Nik had been looking for her, just like she had been searching for him. And now, finally, they were together. Nothing would ever separate them again. With the last of her energy, Evelyn slowly reached out to Nik, signaling that he should take her hand.

The sound of her pulse faded from her ears as a calm peace settled over her. It would all be okay. They were together. Evelyn's final breath rattled in her chest as she gave Nik a reassuring smile. Her hand went slack as she closed her eyes.

G068 - Evelyn Reed - Deceased
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Fiona Sparki took several deep breaths, her hands shaking violently. She kept her eyes focused down upon Staffan because she was too afraid to look elsewhere. Why did it have to come to this? Letting out a shuddered breath and wiping the splattered blood from her face, Fiona let go of the axe and crouched down beside Staffan. He wasn't moving, his eyes were still open in shock.. She slowly reached out two fingers to his neck to check if he was dead, and the results came out positive. Another dead by Fiona's hand, but once again, she didn't seem to mind much.

"I've killed two people for Nik so far, he'd better be grateful," she thought to herself, but she honestly doubted that Nik cared at this point... He had been shot. Would he hate her for killing his brother? Would he congratulate her, give her a pat on the back?

Steffan had been asking for it. People just needed to learn that you don't go around trying to kill people without repercussions. And if a lesson learned was through the blade of an axe, well so be it! Just like with Owen, Fiona wasn't about to stand around and let someone kill Nik. But what if it was too late? What if killing Staffan accomplished nothing at all?

Time to face the music. Check on Nik and Evelyn... Maybe it's not too late. Fiona stood up and wrapped her hands around the handle of her axe. With a few strong tugs, the blade came free with a disgusting scraping sound, and blood dripped into the grass. She placed her weapon beside her bag and turned to her comrades, but an unlikely thought passed through her head... It was all Evelyn's fault. If Evelyn hadn't told Nik not to shoot his brother, Staffan would have been dead before Nik got shot! It wouldn't have come to this... What was Evelyn's problem?! Why had she wanted to keep Staffan alive when he was obviously homicidal? Seriously, who kills one's own brother!

Fiona turned around only to witness Nik and Evelyn lying on the ground. Evelyn wasn't moving... Had she been shot in the battle between Nik and Staffan? Her eyes kept going from Nik to Evelyn, and she wasn't sure who to help.. They were both injured, clearly bleeding quite a lot! Scampering over to her daypack, she wrestled out her first-aid kit from amongst her rations and brought it over to her two remaining friends. "I-I-I.." She couldn't keep herself from stuttering in a blinding panic. "I have a first-aid kit, um.. um.." She opened the box and stared at all the stuff inside, unsure of what to use or utilize... Fiona had never taken a first-aid class...

Nik appeared to be still breathing, but Evelyn was strangely still. Jesus Christ, no... Reaching out her fingers to check her neck as she had done with Staffan, she gained the same result... She was dead - bled out in a matter of minutes. Is this what would happen with Nik? She couldn't lose both of them.. not now. Not here, within minutes of each other. "Oh god..." Now she felt like a complete and utter jackass, blaming Nik's injury on Evelyn... Now Evelyn was dead. How could you possibly blame something on a dead person? It seemed distasteful.

Nik would be okay. Everything would be fine.

"Nik... Nik, talk to me.." Fiona said softly, placing her hand on his shoulder. She didn't want to try to lift his head or get him off the ground or anything, but she wanted hear his voice. She wanted to hear him say that everything would be okay. It was just a scrape. He just needed a band-aid or two... He wasn't-

Oh god, there was blood everywhere.

With an anguished cry, Fiona buried her head in her hands. Everyone was dying. Her pathetic first-aid kid wasn't saving someone from a bullet.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

The pain burned. That was all that he felt. His body felt like it was on fire. Nik's breathing came in short waves of inhales. Everytime he tried to take a deep breath the pain amplified ten-fold. He felt incredibly dizzy. Lifting his head up he tried to get his bearings. Somewhere behind him, he heard a squelching thud. Ahead of him he could make out the shape of a figure lying on the ground extending their hand in his direction.

"E--Evie.." Nik gasped when he realized there was blood covering the extended hand.

With a gasp of pain Nik crawled himself closer to where his girlfriend lay, taking her hand. There was a frightening contrast between the warmth Nik felt running through his body, and the icy-cold feel of Evelyn's hand.

"Stay with me. Ev...come on, stay with me." Nik whispered as he rubbed Evelyn's hand with his own.

Nik looked up through the mess of his own hair to see Evelyn smiling at him before her eyes closed. Her hand went limp in his own.

Nik couldn't muster up a response. The realization of what had just happened impacted Nik enough that he forgot about his own pain. He continued to hold Evelyn's hand as he lifted himself to being on all fours. With his eyes welling up, Nik leaned over his fallen girlfriend, brushed the hair out of her eyes and kissed her on the forehead before burying his own head in her neck, the tears streaming now.

"Nik... Nik, talk to me.."

The hand on his shoulder caused Nik to snap back to reality. Fiona was still here. It didn't matter though. Nik could feel the warmth of his body slowly fading. He knew that he wouldn't make it in this game. Nik lifted his head away from Evelyn's body and spoke to Fiona.

"Just go Fiona...leave me here okay? Just keep running..."

Nik was interrupted by a blood filled cough.

"Just go..."

Nik let his head fall back on to Evelyn's chest.

"I'll see you soon." He whispered.

Nik's eyes felt like they closed on their own. His pain seemed to just float away. It was nothing like he'd expected it to be. It felt like he just wanted to sleep. He embraced the feeling and went to sleep.

B050 - Niklas Kronwall - DEAD
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Autumn heard a loud flurry of noises. Something like a loud pop, screaming, fighting. She picked up speed and when she turned the last corner around the mirror house to the front, she was met with a grisly sight.

Fiona knelt down on the ground fumbling with a first aid kit. Staffan was on the ground, pale, still, with a huge gaping wound leaking blood onto the ground. Autumn took a few slow steps forward. The crunching of dirt seemed amplified ten fold. The bodies Fiona was fussing over were Nik and Evelyn. She looked at them and knew they were gone. A swell of emotion started building up inside her, rising up from her chest and bottled at her throat. They were gone. Gone forever. Evelyn had been her best friend. She had hoped Nik would ask her to prom. Autumn stood looking down on Evelyn. Sure, she was right to cut the friendship, even now she had no regrets about that, but she never wished this on her.

There was another emotion starting to tickle the back of her throat. Looking down on them both there was a sense of jealousy.

You two even had to DIE together, didn't you? Well I'm still alive and you aren't. So I guess that goes to show just how far your relationship took you. To the soil, to till, to the grave.

Autumn blinked a few times trying to will away the tears. She cleared her throat and turned to Fiona.

"I wouldn't bother," she whispered.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

"Just go Fiona...leave me here okay? Just keep running..."

Keep running? Running from what? Fiona looked around but didn't see anyone but Nik and the bodies of Staffan and Evelyn. Does he even realize that his brother is dead? She wasn't sure, perhaps Nik was trying to tell Fiona to run from Staffan and his obviously murderous ways, but the boy would possibly never know that Staffan was dead, axe through the chest. It was around this time that she realized that Nik was probably dying. There was an awfully large amount of blood, and as much as she wanted to deny it, death seemed inevitable at this point. Three deaths in a matter of minutes? It was awful, but how would Nik be able to go on without his girlfriend? They loved each other. It would be awful, undoubtedly.

Maybe death was best. He wouldn't have to deal with this awful game and its awful rules and the guilt of killing another human being...

But she wouldn't run. There wasn't really anything to run from, aside from herself. She'd stay here because... what kind of person leaves another person to die? She didn't think Nik would snap back to good health, but she wanted to stay regardless.

Realizing that Nik probably wanted his space, she stood up and backed away, watching as his last seconds ticked by. It was somewhat touching, really, dying in the embrace of his lover. After he stopped moving and all went silent, Fiona was sure that he was dead. She didn't need to check for a pulse this time... Definitely gone. She took a deep breath, shaking her head and letting her eyes gaze in the direction of the rising sun. It was so beautiful out here. The beauty made the gore and death look almost cheery and intentional. Regardless, it didn't change the fact that Fiona just lost two close friends, one of them being her only travel buddy. Nik was probably the only one who could understand her at this point, as tensions were high, and she was sure that her classmates would be suspicious of her. Her kills were not mere accidents, no, but she felt as if she was a victim of circumstance. Is that how her other classmates would take the deaths of Owen and Staffan? Maybe not, but they weren't there with her. They could never know what happened or how things truly went down.

Fiona began to gather her things, unsure of she should take anything from the bags of Nik and the others. She knew that others were ransacking the bags of corpses out there, but it still felt so sacrilege to her. Then again, Nik had a gun. Her axe was nice, she felt that it had true class, but a gun would be nicer. Hmm.

The urge to cry? No. Fiona didn't feel that. She was sure that she would cry later, but she didn't have the time now. Loads of people were dying all over the island, and come tomorrow, Nik's name would be a mere name on a roster of other dead kids. Fiona knew that, and she accepted it. It was horrible, yes, but crying wasn't going to change anything or assuage the pain that she felt deep within her chest.

The sound of footsteps tore Fiona away from her thoughts, and she quickly looked over to see a rather familiar face. It was Autumn O'Leary, one of Evelyn's good friends, and she was an athlete, so Fiona was acquainted. Autumn whispered that Fiona shouldn't bother, and Fiona slowly nodded in agreement, feeling a little lost. "I... Yeah. They're gone," she said, her eyes glued to the small group of corpses in front of her. Who would have thought that she'd witness so many deaths in a single day than she had in her entire life? More than she'd even seen in movies or pictures or anything!

Mostly, the arrival of Autumn complicated things. Fiona usually had loads to say, but she wasn't sure what she should say now. Evelyn and Autumn were besties, right? Or ex-friends or something. Better friends than Evelyn and Fiona, and Autumn liked Nik. So perhaps she was more affected by the deaths than Fiona? Should she try to comfort her, or.. or..? "It all happened so fast," she finally squeaked out. "Staffan.. he was just in a rampage. I-I don't know why.. He was taking his anger out on Evelyn, and it escalated from there," she said quietly, absently twirling a dread around her finger.

She turned her head away from the death, thought about how she would have to travel alone for the rest of her days. Perhaps the rest of her life. She didn't quite want to leave and face that, but she wanted to be away from all this death. There was death everywhere, yes, but... Meh. Her thoughts were scrambled. It was a lot to take in.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Autumn discretely pushed the back of her hand underneath her eyes, scooping up the small droplets of water that had formed. She knelt down next to Evelyn's body and looked at her. Autumn put her fingers delicately to her eyes and tried to push them closed, but they would only stay half lidded. She put her hands at her temples and looked down at the dirt.

I cared about them. The two people in all of the school that I ever let in, they're dead now. Now what do I have left? I've got no one left, not here anyway. It's all nameless faces now. There's a sea of hungry, dirty children out there waiting to cut me down.

Autumn cleared her throat and stood back up. She looked steely eyed at the mound of corpses.

"They don't need these anymore."

Autumn started going through the bags. She put the extra food, water and first aid kits into her own bag. She was concentrated on her work of finding anything salvageable among the fallen bodies. It was only right. What better way to honor their passing by utilizing what they left behind? She found the gun on Nik. Bullets as well, lots of them. Autumn turned it over in her hands. She crawled over to Staffan and looked through his things. Her search yielded four sticks of dynamite.

She got up and brushed the dirt off her her legs. It was so eerily quiet. She turned her back on the motionless group and looked out into the distance.

What am I even supposed to do now? There's no one I want to find. No where I want to go. Should I hide? Maybe I should find somewhere pretty and wait there. I'll wait for nothing at all.

Fiona was still there. Autumn had Nik's gun plus four magazines now. She took her small pistol out from her waistband, removed the magazine plus the other magazine stashed in her skirt and tossed them to Fiona.

"Thanks for trying."

((Autumn O'Leary continued in I Was a Teenage Hand Model ))

Return to “Hall of Mirrors”