Mirror Mirror

Topic Closed

A prominent part of the fun fair is the house of mirrors. However, the power is out, making it difficult for a student to see whether they are looking at a reflection - or the real thing. The building is complex even given its purpose, standing two stories tall.
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

(Jonathan continued from White Knight Nightmare)

Jonathan panted as he stumbled towards the building. He had been running for awhile and the exercise was catching up to him. He looked around, he hadn't seen anybody on the way here, which was odd. Last time he checked they had over two-hundred students in their senior class. On the other hand, he was surprised he could see anything, the sweat had done it's job and made his glasses almost opaque. He wiped them off as he entered the building. He glanced around, the place was dark with the exception of the entrance which was lit by the sun that shone down on them. He looked around as he closed the door behind him, putting the place in complete darkness. Jon cursed his thought process at closing it as he knelt down and put his bag on the ground.

First thing he did was drop the gun in, no sense in having it out if he was going to hurt innocent people, clicking the safety as it fell in, second he searched for something he knew he had seen earlier, moving around the cans, he finally found what he was looking for. Pulling out he clicked the flashlight on, searching around for it as he squinted, trying to see farther as he zipped up his bag and picked it up, moving forward as he shined the light on a pair of guys. Neither he knew well, but he kept the flashlight shining on them. "Who are you?" he shouted, his voice bouncing off the walls
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler gambit508.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Scott was enjoying his solitude too. Oh well, that lasted all of ten minutes. On the bright side (and he could look on the bright side, at least for the moment), these guys didn't want to kill him. Which was actually pretty cool.

He lifted an eyebrow at the guy pointing the flashlight at him. It wasn't a pleasant combo with the mirrors, too much light. He was beginning to think this might not have been the best place for peace, but did he really have too many choices? Besides, guy with a annoying flashlight beat guy with a gun anyday. Best to be safe though. Scott held out his bag, opened so they could see the contents. Which really wasn't much, the most important thing Scott had in there was his sketchbook and his art utensils.

"Look, my weapon was headache medication. I'm not winning any fight with that, so I'm just waiting for the end, I guess. You got a better idea?", he shrugged. He wasn't much of a fighter, didn't think he was a killer. This game just wasn't for him. All he wanted to do was survive, really. Had he gotten a rocket laucher or something, it might have been different. But nope, not his luck.

Eighteen and already dead. What a shame.
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
selphie_trabia†

Post by selphie_trabia† »

Having located one of the exits, Meredith smiled to herself. She pulled the hood of her vinyl cloak over her head. There was no sense in getting broken bits of mirror all over her face.

She knew she was alone. Everyone else had left her behind, even made fun of her a little. Well, all the better for her to protect her base and hideout. She raised her weapon in both hands like a bat, wound herself up and swung it towards the mirror on her right.

Just as the weapon was about to hit, she heard someone call out loudly. By the time she heard the call, Meredith couldn't stop the momentum of her weapon. She pulled her arms back as hard as she could, but it was too late.

The three-section staff hit the mirror with some force, shattering it completely and quite loudly. The sound of breaking glass echoed through the corridors. The mirror burst, fragments of glass crashing to the ground, some sent flying towards Meredith, but she was... thankfully, somewhat protected by her long sleeves and cloak.

Meredith sighed, whoever was there would now be alerted to her presence. Not wanting to leave a good job half-finished, she used the end of her weapon to dig out all the remaining shards of the mirror from the frame, tossing them to the ground and ensuring that the broken bits of mirror were well spread out across the floor.

Once that was done, she made a break for it, running into the maze and trying to hide.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler selphie_trabia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Chib†

Post by Chib† »

Oh great. Show up in an obscure place to try and lay low, great. Meet someone you sort of know, and know well enough to feel they're not dangerous, great. And then someone else shows up, takes you by surprise with a torce to the eyes and demands your identity. Sarcastic-great.

Either way, the newcomer needed a response. "I'm Steve, this guy is Scott. We're n--", he began, cut off halfway by Scott dumping his daypack across the floor. He'd been meaning to say "We're not dangerous.", but now he was having second thoughts. Did Scott have a gun or something? Was he going to start attacking out of shock and frustration, as Kris had?

Again, Steve was cut off, this time mid-trail of thought, rather than mid-sentence. "Look, my weapon was headache medication. I'm not winning any fight with that, so I'm just waiting for the end, I guess. You got a better idea?"

Well, at least Scott was definately Scott, and he was just as deadly as Steve himself was. Headache medication and false moustaches, heck yeah, together they could start a troupe of travelling clown-medics. It'd make about as much sense as all the other insanity going on that day. Well, maybe not, that would be pretty stupid as well as crazy. Instead, Steve decided it would be better to figure out who was questioning them. He never had time to.

For the third time in quick succession, this time stopping him before he could even start to say anything, Steve was interrupted. Not by someone else speaking, though, but by the sound of shattering glass. One question came to mind. He asked it. "What the!?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chib. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

Jonathan kept the light shining on the two as the nearer one introduced himself as Steve, the other kid apparently being Scott. Scott mentioning that had gotten headache medicine. Jon sighed as he neared the group, shining his flashlight down at their feet so he didn't blind them. "Well at least it's less dangerous that the gun I got" Jon mumbled as he leaned against a mirror. Jon finally shined his flashlight ahead of him as he noticed the mirrors. The winding halls. The maze. Jon brought his free hand up as he smacked his forehead. "I just ran into a fucking mirror maze, didn't I" Jon said as he sighed. He glanced at the two. "Well, why don't we go have some fun in the carnival. We can give the evil psychos some Advil." he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he started moving forward when the sound of glass shattering echoed through the building. Jon paused in his movement. "What the fuck was that?" he asked, he knew what the fuck it was, who the fuck it was should of been his real question. He hoped it was someone decent, like Chase, or whatshisface the gay Aussie. Brandon.

Jon took a seat as he kept the light shining. "I don't think we should go after it just yet, I don't want to use this gun again." he mumbled as he opened his bag and pulled out a can of Mountain Dew, opening and taking a swig as the lime-green soda washed over his lips. He looked at the two, "You want one?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler gambit508.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

"You want one?"

This whole situtation was rather bizzare. This was the most time he had ever spent hanging out with his classmates, if you could call this hanging out. He lucked up in that the guy with the gun didn't want to see his corpse. That made two of them, actually. He sighed, he guessed he'd stick with them for a while.

"I'm more of a root beer man myself, but sure man, I'll take one. Better than water anyway." Damn, but he wished he had brought something stronger. He was planning on bumming off someone else, but that plan died quicker than he could blink. Damn terrorists.

Should they follow the sound of the noise? Gunguy said no. and Scott didn't care enough to argue with a man with a guy. Besides, a lot of suckers got killed that way on this . . . show? Was it a show anymore now that he was here? Did it matter?

"This is a crock of bullshit, it really is. Was everyone at Bayview this crazy before?"
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
selphie_trabia†

Meredith walked slowly through the mirror house, looking for the other exit and familiarising herself with its interior. If she was going to protect herself, she was going to need to know every inch of her own base of operations. The mirror house was ideal terrain for someone trying to fool others.

She didn't really think she needed to announce her presence to anyone. This was her base and the others were merely intruders. Eventually, her stroll through the mirror house brought her to where the others were.

Meredith stared at the three boys, then shrugged, "Hm. Lost?"

Her hand gripped her weapon firmly, the other hand reaching around to her bag to pull out her spiral notebook with the pen attached to it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler selphie_trabia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Chib†

Post by Chib† »

"You want one?"

Finally, someone with a concept of hospitality. Sharing drinks rather than exchanging gunfire. Hadn't it been established some two thousand years ago that working together and being nice always yielded better results than treachary? Apparently not everyone had caught on to that one. Steve nodded, "Yeah, thanks, I could use something stronger than water..."

If only he hadn't left his personal bag back on the beach. Still, he'd wanted to get out of that mad place as soon as he could, sacrificing a few changes of clothes and some personal effects had been preferable to sticking around after what had happened. Unfortunately, he never had the chance to take a can, as a third newcomer arrived. Or at least, Steve assumed she'd only just got there.

"Hm. Lost?"

A girl's voice. In the darkness, Steve could just about make out the silhouette of the girl, holding a long stick or staff of some kind, and something in her other hand, probably a notepad or something. The voice sounded sort of familiar too. Was that... Meredith? That oddball he'd talked to occasionally back in school? Or was her name something else? He couldn't remember, really. Something beginning with ~*~P, though. Either way, he felt he should respond, if nobody else was going to.

"Nope, just resting. Wanna join us?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chib. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

Jonathan nodded as he went into his bag, moving stuff out as he set the med kit and his gun next to him, keeping a close eye on the latter as he frowned. "Well that sucks....I only have one more, I got some candy if you want that" he said, a sheepish grin on his face as he put the stuff back just as a new character entered the field of his vision. She seemed to be worse for wear, and Jon for one couldn't think of her name. It was something stupid like Ebony or Raven. His eyes went from her to her hand, a chained staff was clenched in it. "Jonathan, no I'm not lost" Jon stood warily as Scott spoke.

Jon glanced at him, "Are you serious? Yes. Yes we were, most of the school was fucking insane and probaly everything else." Jon spat as he wiped his mouth, wincing as his hand brushed against where his lips were broken by the gun. He sighed as he leaned back against a mirror, shivering a bit against the cool glass. He viewed the group as the girl pulled out a notebook. "Oh good, you have something to write down plans for escape." he spoke, the words coming out before he could stop him. He wanted off, he wanted Chase off. He knew he should want the others off, it was the right thing to do, everyone deserved a second chance. Then again, they had gotten their second chance, he should just kill them now.

No. He couldn't become a murderer, he had morals. Yet it would be so easy.....just grab the gun, open fire, rinse, repeat.

but then what, he wins? He goes home, becomes a social pariah, moving around from place to place until some bullshit relative gets revenge.

He didn't want that life.....nobody would want that life

Jonathan paced his mind as Steve invited the girl to sit down, fine Jonathan would try to continue Alex's plan. "Scott, Steve, whoever the fuck you are. I have a plan to get off this fuckhole, but you're going to have to listen to me, also I need that notebook, if I say the plan outloud, the bigshots up there." Jon pointed at a camera pointed straight at him as he glanced at the group. "Well, last time they got a bit....trigger happy" Jon said as he simulated his collar exploding. "People have already died, there can't be more."
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

So Jon felt like being a hero, huh? Yeah, this was going to get him killed faster than he was planning. Scott didn't even care enough to do what he should have should have done - gotten the fuck out of there. He wasn't made for all this shit.

For his own sanity's sake he ignored the girl, who looked like she ate the heads off bats and bathed in their blood.

This whole camping trip fucking sucked, these people sucked, and this plan was most likey going to as well. But again, it's not like he had any ideas.

"Eh, guess I'm game."
VII

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
selphie_trabia†

((Ha ha. Very funny Chib. >_< GMing approved by Gambit so that we can move this thread along a little faster.))

Merry glared at the three boys through her shaggy fringe of hair, then turned her gaze directly at Jonathan. She didn't recognise any of them at all, but she didn't care. Jon's assumption that she would simply just do as he asked grated on her. It annoyed her to no end. Her hand tightened on her weapon, but she resisted the all-too-easy temptation of swinging it into his face.

"This notebook isn't for writing plans for your futile escapes." She sneered at him, "Do not lump me in with your pointless hallucinations.

Jon frowned. Seriously, what was up with his constantly meeting moronic girls? He glared back at the goth girl.

"Look, you may want to give up, but some of us aren't so easily discouraged as you." He growled.

Meredith stood her ground, her glare now replaced with a calm, but slightly unnerving stare. "Perhaps, perhaps. But this book is for writing your last thoughts within. Your last letter home. I do not want to waste its pages." she said.

From the looks of it, this girl had given up. Jon folded his arms and raised an eyebrow, "A last letter home, geez when you end up biting the bullet like you said you will, then they would just burn it anyway. It's useless to write a last letter."

"Some people like the closure. I like the closure. This is not your notebook. It is mine." Meredith said as she continued to stare unnervingly at her verbal opponent, "We have already been warned about escaping the island. I'm sure the Caesars in their Colosseum love to watch a last, pathetic attempt to escape, but I do not want to feed the lions. You may wish to do so, but I do not. My death will be meaningful."

""No, you just want to sit here, writing some bullshit letter to your loved ones." Jon was seriously starting to get annoyed with the emo chick. Raising his voice a little, he fixed her stare with his own. "I on the other hand, am actually going to do something worth remembering."

"Very well, then do not write in the pages of my book. I'm sure you have your own writing implements and that booklet that the beast sent. I'm sure that the beast has a way of reading what you write. Cameras are clever." Meredith said. "Dream your dreams of heroism, little fool, and I hope you wake up the better for it."

"Fine, keep your book, let your classmates die around you. I don't need you with me, selfish bitch." Jon snapped.

Meredith sighed and held the notebook out to the boys with one hand, her other hand still firmly fixed on her three-section staff.

"Very well. As to the others, my book is for you to write your letter home. Now, I need to break this mirror. If you want to write, go ahead. Don't be a bitch and use it for writing stupid escape plans. I don't want you wasting any pages." She drawled as she tossed the notebook onto the floor between the boys, "If you try and steal my notebook, I'm going to get very angry."

Leaving the notebook amongst the three boys momentarily, Meredith walked up to the mirrors closest to the doors.

"I am going to break these mirrrors now." She said to them moments before she did so.

Glass tumbled from the mirror frames, spilling out across the floor.
Chib†

Post by Chib† »

(Sorry for taking so long with this, had many, many things to be busy with. Anyways...)

A notebook to write final letters to friends and family, eh? Sort of a touching sentiment, and had he been watching the show just then, rather than starring in it, Steve would most certainly have wanted in on it. Of course, if he'd been watching, he'd still be doubting whether or not it were real, and thinking the whole scene was a sort-of-cheesy cross between uplifting niceness and ironic tear-jerkery.

But the whole thing was academic, really. Short of holding a letter up to a camera for a few minutes, there wasn't much he could achieve by writing one except perhaps some catharsis. And sitting there in a pitch-black house of mirrors, lit only by jittery flashlights, nursing a jagged and still-bleeding wound on his arm, Steve didn't need much thinking time to decide it'd just be a waste of time.

Just one day it took to turn that optimistic, relaxed young man into this jaded individual. Goes to show the power of danger to warp one's psychology. He looked up to Meredith, shrugging. "I'll pass."

Doubtful that anybody noticed. Meredith was too busy having an argument with Jonathan... over note paper. Something that petty was capable of bringing people to such degrees of anger, just because of the omnipresent danger of death. It truly sickened Steve to consider that this was no natural setting, that some sociopath thought it would pass as entertainment... that it actually did.

And then a mirror was smashed, smashing Steve's concentration. Probably for the best, it would've only served to sap him of what little optimism he had left. He got to his feet, complaining aloud "What is it with you and mirrors, really? I'm not superstitious, but it's like you want to give us all bad luck!"
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

Jonathan stepped away from her as his lip curled into a sneer, watching the girl start smashing the mirrors. He paused as Steve rose to his feet, complaining as Jon sighed. This was his classmates.......idiots and crazy ass bitches. However the girl had a point, escape was probably pointless. He needed to think about this rationally, not go out like some kind of martyr. He needed an actual plan, besides run in random direction long enough until he reached the ocean. He reached into his bag as he pulled out the map, shining the flashlight on it as he frowned. He was near a fun fair, but that wasn't useful at all. The mansion and greens were ruled out as well. He squinted a bit as he glanced at a large structure atop the mountain. A cell phone tower of some sort....Jon grinned, with that he could view most of the island, see there was any land.....no. That wouldn't work.....

He mentally kicked himself for his ill-placed hope. Peter was right. The girl was right. There was no way to escape, he was an giant idiot. Any group this large probably had people in boats guarding the place, hell the water was probably full of mines and shit like that. He wasn't going to make it off this island at all....never was going to see anybody again, not Chase, not Sarah, not Grandpa, not Jennifer, not Jacqueline...not Mom....not even his Dad.....and it was all his fault.

He was the one who argued with his dad.....he was the one who got himself kicked out and for what, so he could die on national TV on some bullshit island in the middle of nowhere. His therapist has told him to watch his views....they would get him in trouble some day. Well now look at him, the distrustful prick with a gun and no friends, Danya must be having an orgasm over him right now.

Jon made a note to never think about that again, as he threw his med pack, map and flashlight in his bag. Jon moved over, opening the door of the place as he looked out toward the island, turning toward the group as he clenched his gun in his hand. Time to go back to Plan A. He needed to find Chase....she was the good one in their relationship, the ones with the friends. All Jon had was his movies...... and his "allies" right now didn't look so hot. Hell, Steve was bleeding for fuck's sake

"I have no plan.....but if any of you want to join me....you're welcome. I'm going to find somebody"

And with that, he turned away and headed out of the building.

((Continued in Wants and Needs))
selphie_trabia†

((As Gambit is no longer playing in this thread, it would be prudent for characters not to accept to join him. Cluevara has informed me that he will be taking charge of Jon in order to remove Jon from this thread ASAP. In the meantime, Chickenshista, you're up.))
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Scott needed to get the hell out of here. With the crazy emo bitch tearing up everything and Jon trying to play almight leader, he was gonna lose hie fatalistic calm and punch someone.

And he felt like drawing something. A dead body, perhaps?

No way in hell he was going with Jon though. Though he was sure the dead bodies would pile up around him. But Steve? He seemed cool, wasn't the type to pull some stupid heroics that had no chance of succeeding. A good companion for now, until he could figure out what to do.

He tossed his bag over his shoudler. "Hey Steve, you wanna get out of this chick's way? I'm off to find a better place to wait for the end."

He picked up a good sized shard of glass from the broken mirror. It wasn't much, but he could put an eye out with it if pressed. He stared at the girl. Hoped she was the last nut he'd see for a while. Hoped, as fucked up as it was, that he'd never see her again. Alive or dead.

He walked out of the mirror house, seeking a new place to make art and die.

((Scott McGregor continued in No Turning Back))
VII

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses

Return to “Hall of Mirrors”