Some Fantastic

The area was once green and wooded, however this portion of the island has since been logged through and the damage is plain to see. Large unkempt logs are scattered across the clear-cut area, caught amongst the endless stumps and what sparse foliage is available, which provides little cover. The area is silent, with little to no noise to be heard, creating an eerie sense of isolation.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Some Fantastic

Post by GregTheAnti-Viking† »

((Morgan Leftowitz continued from Jack Sparrow Irony))

The beeping that Morgan heard had ceased a while ago, but he found himself still running. Jen had come right behind him and the two of them had never looked back from that lighthouse. The terrain started to become cumbersome as he had to start jumping over logs and running around stumps.

When he did slow down, Morgan bent down and started to wheeze in an attempt to catch his breath. All that time spent sitting at home on his computer had not prepared him to run long distances. Was this what it was like when people ran marathons? This feeling of helplessness? He continued to breathe heavily as the sweat began to roll down his face to his nose, pooling there before dropping into the ground.

"Oh...oh god..." Morgan said between pants, "Oh fuck...Jen...are you alright?"

He felt like he was carrying an extra twenty pounds of sweat in his shirt and jeans. The pain in his legs was starting to grow. He knew he had shorts and a short sleeved shirt somewhere in his backpack, all he would have to do is change clothing.

He finally arched his body back up to a standing position and began to look around. There was absolutely nothing out there. It appeared that they were just surrounded by fallen logs and stumps. There were no buildings around and all he could see looking west was the sea...

"Where...the hell....are we?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

((Peter McCue continued from Extinguishing the Light of the Future.))

Peter hurt. Again. The pack that he was lugging around was heavy beyond beleif, and by the time that he and Max had found their ways from the tunnels, his back might as well have been on fire. His brow was drenched in sweat, and between the hiking pack he lugged and the daypack he held in his hand, the 130 pound boy had to have been carrying around 75 pounds of stuff. Stuff that while it would be nice, he really, really didn't need.

However, the sight of the light at the end of the tunnel sent joy through the tired and battered boy's body. Freedom from that absolute bullshit! Finally! Maybe I can sit down, go through my stuff... Hey, the stuff I leave behind will make someone else's final days that much more comfortable.

However what he surveyed upon exiting the cavern set him with rage. No, it wasn't the clear cut lumber site; however on any ofther day that would have blown the environmentalist in him into sheer mirth. Nor was it even the hilly landscape, which normally would have given him a small shudder at the recolection of his legs ache at the High Adventure.

No, it was the fact that he just walked out of the darkness. Into the darkness. His blood boiled as he entertained the prospect of never seeing the light again; the prospect of dying tonight. Little did Peter know that he had awoken at dusk, and wandered those tunnels for nine hours, combined between the stops, breaks, and naps. And the whole being lost thing. Yeah, can't forget about that.

Fuck that.

Either way, Peter needed yet another break. Carrying this God Forsaken backpack had worn him to the ends of his endurance multiple times. It was only supposed to be a camping trip. He should have only needed to lug the fucking thing five feet from the bus to the campsite, and then not move it again. A fifty pound pack should have been fine.

Then again, no one had expected to be kidnapped by damned terrorists.

"Hey, Max! Katlin! Let's rest here for a while. Maybe even set up camp for a nap?" Even though it was still dark, and he was still infuriated, it was still probably not the worst idea to re-energize a bit. And go through his crap at the same time. The tent can go, the sleeping bag could go, the extra clothes could go... Yeah, that one would suck later on. But the clothes probably made up a quarted of the weight of his pack.

"Hey, you guys coming?!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((Maxwell Crowe continued from Extinguishing the Light of the Future))

Despite it's claustrophobic environment, Max actually liked the tunnels. Or at least he liked it when someone was there. Lots of footsteps, grunting or even shouting voices - it all created a powerful echo which was like a music to Maxwell's ear. Well, music substitute would be more appropriate, but since it was doing it's job, Max didn't complain. He took extra special care with every little step through the tunnel, to be sure they created a steady rhythm while the rest of the sounds were supposed to create a melody. It worked... Kinda. It was a cacophony, but, not of a major kind. He heard a lot worse sounds from some bands that tried to be professional. It was definitely enough to make this hellish trip through tight tunnels a bit more pleasant.

Actually, as he and Peter finally found the exit, Max looked at the new environment and decided that he liked the tunnel more. Sure, his back tried to force a completely different opinion on that subject, and some fresh air was definitely nice, but the place was like a football pitch 2 hours after a concert - empty, deserted and what was worse - completely quiet. Just him, Peter suggesting taking a rest, and several square miles of testimony of human's greed. Not that he really cared about the trees, but the view was really... Unsettling, especially after dark.

"Sure thing, Peter." Max replied to they boy. Unsettled or not, he could really use some good rest. "If you have tools and skills, then go ahead with the camp. I think I'll take a look around this place."

Max spotted the tallest tree stump around and climbed on it to have a better view (he would rather not stand on those small pyramids made from logs. Those things could be extremely unstable). Firstly, he looked at the direction they just came from.

"Still no sign of Kaitlin..." He told to himself, but loud enough for Peter to hear that. Maxwell's eyes, after spending some time in the tunnels, were already adjusted to the dark, so he had only slight problems with spotting things from a distance. Flat area without many obstacles blocking the view also helped.

"And on the other side... Wait."

Some silhouette... Yeah definitely some human shape moving then stopping. That's about all he could see from his stump. Maxwell jumped down back to Peter.

"We're not alone. I don't know who, but I'm pretty sure there's someone over there. Should I check it out?"

Max raised his hand wielding a gun. He had no intention of using it, but it certainly boosted his confidence enough to propose something he would normally avoid, especially in current circumstances.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

((Jen Romita cont'd from Jack Sparrow Irony))

Jen was still running along behind Morgan. Really she didn't know what else to do, she had no other plan. So far at least, she had been following him blindly, and it had seemed to work out. She hadn't faced any serious danger, apart from him leading her straight into a danger zone. She did recognise that it wasn't his fault, but still, she would prefer it if there was a new plan to follow now that the first one had fallen through.

Morgan wasn't doing very well. He'd started coughing, panting like he was out of breath and out of shape. Even Jen was beginning to feel a pain in her stomach from being on the go, and her breathing was heavier. She could really do with a cigarette, but knew that it wasn't the best time for one just now. Maybe if they found a safe place to rest, camp for the night, she'd allow herself to relax then, crack open the vodka, and go out with a party.

In between his breaths, she heard Morgan ask if she was ok. "I've been better. If you want to stop and catch your breath for a few minutes, we should be good here." She moved to sit down on the ground, trying to give him permission to do the same. To give him further encouragement, she patted the ground beside her.

"I don't know where we are. I can't recognise anything from the map, and I lost my bearings when we were running. Come here. You need to relax. Get your breath back. I think we're safe for the moment."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Morgan's breath was still heavy, but it was starting to slow slightly as he stood there. He was quite sure that this had probably been the longest and farthest he had ever run in his life. His mouth was a desert and he desperately needed water and his stomach was starting to growl back at him in a desire for hunger.

She sat down by a nearby log and smiled at him, he found himself doing the exact same back at him. It really was a shame that everyone seemed to know Jen as one of the more promiscuous members of Bayview. She really was a nice person underneath it all.

Jen looked up to him and suggested that he sit down and take a rest. As much as he didn't want to sit down and just wait for bad things to happen to them, Morgan felt miserable. He was tired, hungry, thirsty and most of all, completely uncomfortable in the clothing he was wearing. There was no wait and see about this, the two of them would have to rest and Morgan would have to change.

"Okay..." he said between breaths, "Just a second...I need to...to uh...change..."

Morgan was glad that his body was already flushed from exhaustion as he was sure his cheeks were turning redder at this moment. It wasn't just the fact that Jen was his closest friend and someone he had hoped he could get together with (as unlikely as it was now) could be watching. Morgan was always a self conscious kid, he knew he wasn't ever going to be a model and he knew he had no real muscles like any of the jocks that girls like Jen had flocked around. In gym, he was one of the kids that tried to hide as much as he could while he changed, just so the giant wouldn't get noticed.

He placed the gun down on the ground and shifted his eyes downward.

"IfyoucouldpleasenotlookbehindyouJenokaythanks." he blurted out before quickly leaping over the log that she was resting against and removed the loops of his backpack, placing it with a thud on the ground.

He rifled through his bag and found a pair of tan shorts and a white shirt with inter-crossing red and black stripes. It was something that Jen had picked out for him on the day they had gone shopping together, and was now something he was regularly wearing in school. He let out a quiet sigh and began to undress as quickly as he could.

He removed his shirt and suddenly a rush of cool air touched his exposed skin. He wished that he had some sort of towel to wipe excess sweat, but it would have to do. The jeans were more of a challenge and it took him a few minutes to wiggle out of those, but eventually the heavy weight was removed from his body. He left his boxers on, readjusting them so that they wouldn't chafe him when the shorts went on.

After tossing the old clothing onto the log Jen was sitting behind. He quickly put on his shirt and shorts hoped to god that Jen didn't see him before he got dressed. With a loud sigh of relief he picked up the backpack and moved back to where Jen was sitting, taking a seat right beside her.

"Ok..." he said with a deep breath, digging into his bag to grab a bottle of water, taking a few quick sips from it before turning back to Jen, "I'm up for staying here for a little bit, two hours at most really...we should really eat you know?"

He screwed the cap back on and took in a few deep breaths, before turning back to her tiny friend, flashing a brave smile.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

((Sorry about how long this post took. Things have been kinda busy.))

"Sure thing, Peter. If you have tools and skills, then go ahead with the camp. I think I'll take a look around this place."

He chuckled. Apparently his reputation as a bit of a camping nut hadn't quite preceded him around the school. "Max, you don't know the half of it. I got this."

"Still no sign of Katlin..."

Peter had already knelt and dumped his pack, undoing the top clasp and letting the top of the canvas bag flip open, the sleeping pad he had jammed in-between the main pack and the cover almost springing out all on it's own. His mind lost in thought, all he could utter in response was an affirmative "Mmm."

Funny. I thought I'd packed better than that...

And in fact he did. Danya's henchmen hadn't done quite that good of a job re-packing the hiking pack of an experienced Eagle Scout after rummaging through his belongings. A bungee cord forgotten here, things layered wrong there... Peter over the eight years of scouts had packing down to an exact science. But before he had the chance to undo the tie holding the bottom section of his bag together, he heard Max's voice again; something a bit more fearful than just the earlier banter not a few moments ago.

"And on the other side... Wait."

His head turned from the bag back up to his new companion. "What's up Max?"

"We're not alone. I don't know who, but I'm pretty sure there's someone over there. Should I check it out?"

The boy's eyes went wide as he quickly processed the situation. If there hadn't been a noise, odds were that the others hadn't noticed them yet. That means that if the others would be hostile, they could flee. If the others were friendly, they could still know ahead of time.

"I've got a pair of binoculars here. Hang on a second..." He laid the pack flat out, rummaging through a couple of the front compartments, before extracting a small black zipper bag containing a pair of collapsible binoculars, handing the bag to Max as-is. "Use these." As he turned to hand the bag to Max, he noticed the gun, reactively startling a bit. "Dude, be careful with that thing. We really don't want to spook anybody."

He quickly shook his head, indicating for Max to put the gun away until they at least knew the other's intentions.

"Well, what do you see?" His hand hovered over the sleeping pad, ready to pack it back up and run if need absolutely dictated it so.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

Only as Peter told him to watch out with his weapon, Max realized how careless he was before. He basically paraded with his gun almost all of the time, and that COULD be the signal of hostility for someone. And if that certain someone is armed as well - tragedy could've happened.

"Yeah, sorry for that."

Max lowered the gun down, and took the binoculars from Peter. He didn't know Peter before (while being in friendly contact with every people he met in school so far, Max never really socialized much with people outside of his closest group of friends, apart from some occasional discussions about music on some completely random occasion), so he was quite amazed of crazy level of preparation for the trip, almost as he knew something bad will happen. Tent, binoculars, plenty of various tools (and probably there was even more of them in the first place, as the terrorists most likely took away any sharp object from their things). Maxwell couldn't hide his amazement.

"Wow, dude... You planned to spend the entire trip in the woods?" But before he could hear the answer, Max reminded himself, why did he took that binoculars from Peter in the first way. "Oh right, that's not important right now..."

Once again, Maxwell climbed the same tree stump and started looking at the silhouette in the distance... Only now it wasn't silhouette, but a normal human being, thanks to the binoculars. As he observed the surrounding, he spoke aloud about everything he noticed, so Peter could get the insight as well.

"Ok, there's a guy... And a girl now. One of them must've come here just a second ago, because I could swear there was only one person before." Max tried to recognize the two students in the distance but without luck, even though he was pretty sure he passed them a few times on the school corridor, especially the girl. "No idea who are they. I know that the girl appeared around everywhere in the school, but I don't know her name. As for the guy... No idea as well, but... Oh." Max spotted something important and potentially dangerous. "He's armed. Some kind of a rifle I think."

Maxwell went silent for a few seconds and observed the couple. Then, he spoke again.

"Ok, they're talking, I guess. Possible they argue, because they just turned their backs on each oth-" Before he could finish his sentence, Max noticed the true purpose of their action. Not really looking forward to watching another guy naked, Max put away the binoculars and got back to the ground. "Ooookay, I stand corrected... Apparently the guy's changing his clothes." Max gave the binoculars back to his owner before asking the obvious question.

"So... What now? They don't look very hostile... At least I think so... Should we approach them?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

As Jen sat on the ground, she wondered where they went from here. Ultimately, she knew that she wasn't going to get out of this, but she was determined to go out having fun. And her oldest and closest friend was just a few feet away, getting changed. He had asked her not to peek. Just like Morgan, ever sensitive, ever nervous. And ever gullible. Of course she peeked.

He didn't get naked. Jen was a bit relieved at that. How much of what was going through her head was being influenced by the situation she didn't know, and this was Morgan. Yeah, she'd offered to sleep with him once before, but she'd been drunk at the time. Now, was it because she did want him, or just that she wanted anybody? She loved him, she knew that. More than she had loved any of the guys that she had slept with. But it wasn't a romantic love. Could it be?

She looked over his body. Tight where it needed to be and glistening with sweat, he had filled out to be really very attractive. Far from the scrawny kid she remembered growing up. It was something that she could easily go for, and she knew that he stared at her as well. All the boys did. She could easily have one last hurrah with him.

She turned away as he finished changing, to maintain the pretence that she hadn't looked. As he returned to her, saying that they could stay here for a while, she relaxed again. It may be open and exposed, but at least it was dry, and was about as good as anywhere else they'd been. As Highpockets sat beside her, she rummaged in her bag, looking for what rations they'd been provided with. She pulled out one of the loaves. "Split it with you."

She snuggled in close to him, resting her head on his shoulder, as she had so often before. It was comforting to feel his warmth, hear his heartbeat. "Morgan, I'm glad we found each other here. Without you, I don't know what I would have done."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Morgan took the piece of bread and broke it off at the middle.

"Thanks," he mumbled, nibbling gingerly on the bread.

It was dry, it was stale and it was wonderful. When Morgan thought about it, he hadn't had anything to eat, for a whole day. The situation didn't present itself to eat of course, but the fact remained that he was now famished. At this point, the bread may as well have been a peach cobbler or an apple pie. It was only bread, but it just felt so good.

It was then that Morgan felt Jen's head slowly worm its way in between his arms and chest. He breathed in when she first touched him. She was soft, her skin smoothly pressing against his arms. He slowly moved his left arm around her shoulder and brought her closer. There were always moments like this.

Morgan was a tall guy, he knew that. It was a school full of tall people, Bayview. He was one of the taller people and he didn't even do any sports. Maybe it was the milk, maybe it was the early sleep when he was younger. He sprung up though, went up like a rocket. It was all in the legs though, his actual body didn't grow, he just had stilts for legs.

On the other hand, it allowed people like Jen to lean into him...

It was something they had done before. There was always moments like this back home in St.Paul. It was always something simple. Jen had a bad breakup, failed a test, problems at home. There were always moments like this.

"Morgan, I'm glad we found each other here. Without you, I don't know what I would have done."

He gently grabbed her shoulder and drew her in closer.

"Yeah...I am too Jen...I uh...I'm glad too..."

Morgan had wanted to say more to Jen right then and there, but the moment had past. In fact, he thought about what he had said and realized that the moment could probably have best been left in silence. Most of the time, he had always just said something to her. What he had said often made things all better. Now, words were becoming tougher. Not surprising when the three words that came to his mind he was afraid to say.

Stuck on an island of killers...an I'm...

He turned his head toward the ground and he felt a mist hovering around his face. Morgan took another bite into the half of a loaf, trying his hardest to mask himself. He was a poker player, and he was usually good at hiding emotions away when he really wanted or needed to.

I'm a joke...

Morgan breathed in, feeling his breath catch itself. He placed the bread into his lap and put his hands underneath his eyes to check for tears. Nothing. Relief filled his lungs and he began to slowly breathe easier. He knew Jen was scared, probably just as scared as he was right now. He couldn't be weak in front of her. If he looked weak, he'd let her down.

"All right," he said, nearly whispering his words to her, "This...this is what we're going to do..."

Already Morgan felt the confidence returning to him, in just saying a few words. He had always questioned whether those speeches at the end of movies or those pep talks that you heard in locker rooms really did exist. If they had any effect on them whatsoever. Yet here he was, just saying a few words and hope had restored itself.

"So we're still going to find that tall place, if it's the lighthouse, or hell somewhere close by that happens to be really tall...We're going to scan that island...and then...then we're going to find a way of this island."

He looked down and smiled caught up in the moment. He gave Jen a gentle shake to bring out confidence to her as well. He then let go of her shoulder and put the now free arm towards her right hand, clasping it down where their legs were.

"And...you know what...we'll get home...we'll...we'll see our parents...we'll see St.Paul...we'll see that muddy old soccer pitch...we'll..."

His voice trailed off as he found himself staring down at her hand. It was warm. Not that it was a surprise. There were always moments like this. Moments where the two of them sat, holding hands, and appreciating each others company, and in the case of Morgan, trying not to stare at her legs, or her curves, or her butt too much. There were always moments like this...

"We'll be okay..."
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

Peter sat silently, listening to what Max had to say about the scene. He made a point to keep his head down, his hand hovering between the sleeping pad and the half open backpack, nodding as he tensed, waiting to hear the bad news he so inevitably expected.

"He's armed. Some kind of a rifle I think."

Damn it... That's not a good thing... His eyes closed as he took a deep breath, trying to decide what to do if the other pair indeed were hostile. They could always just retreat into the tunnels. But that might mean they would lose Katlin more than they already had. They could try and fight... No. He was better than that, he refused to fight against and kill his classmates. That's just what Danya wanted them to do.

"Ok, they're talking, I guess. Possible they argue, because they just turned their backs on each oth-"'

A quick, deep exhalation, he prepared to back and turn, tail between his legs.

And then the tension broke in a single instant.

"Ooookay, I stand corrected... Apparently the guy's changing his clothes."

The way that Max's fearful and cautious voice broke into embarrassment and awkwardness almost made the boy fall into a small fit of laughter. Oh, the luxuries he would rarely be afforded again in his short life.

Max's next question however stunned Peter. He had just asked if they should approach the other pair. If they weren't hostile, then obviously they should! He and his companion held high ground, so there was no sense in not unpacking here either way. However, there was also just as little sense in not going towards the two sitting down on the log in the middle of the sea of stumps. "Max, if they aren't hostile, why should we leave them there to die?" As naive as the statement was, it made 100% sense him. His hands danced over the pack, quickly tossing out a couple of supplies. The sleeping bag was rolled over closer to Max, and a pair of flashlights were removed from the bag. Now the only question that stood was whether to flag the pair down, or just head down there themselves?

"On the off chance they do end up being hostile, bring the Pistol anyways. Just don't use it if you don't have to." He continued to rummage in the pack for a moment, before pulling out a white T-Shirt and stretching it out. Reaching behind him, he grabbed a branch, presumably left behind after one of the mighty trees that once made up this plot's residence was felled, and tying the arms off to it. "Just so they know we're friendly too." Yelling was a terrible idea, as it was more likely for more than just their intended targets to hear the noise. A white flag against this backdrop was significantly less likely to be offhandedly spotted by the nearest player on the other hand. The flag slowly rose as he spoke, poking over the rocks behind which they hid.

"You ready to do this Max?" He pushed himself off the dirt patch as he asked, prepared to start walking down and find out just who these two were.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

Max remained silent, as Peter made his speech and began preparing the white flag. He wasn't really someone who would go by the 'Code of Honor' or anything like that, but the symbol they were going to show, filled him with doubt.

White flag? Doesn't that mean 'we surrender'?

Then again, if those other two were hostile, they would probably kill them on sight. If they weren't, they wouldn't take them as the hostages or anything, so the flag was pretty harmless... Probably. It's better to show the symbol of peace (or cowardice, for zealous people), rather than create a terrible misunderstanding, anyway.

Speaking of terrible misunderstandings and things that could trigger them, Max looked at his gun again. If He and Peter were going to confront the others with the flag, flashing a gun right before their eyes had a decent chance of ruining everything. Max decided it would be in their best interest to hide the gun for a bit, until they'll be recognized as a non-threat.

"You ready to do this Max?" Asked Peter, as he prepared everything on his side before the confrontation.

"Just a minute, Peter." Max replied. "I need to hide this pistol before we'll meet them. Pistol and a white flag are not a good combination, I think. Now, since It may be needed in worst case scenario, I think, I'll just... Wait."

At first, Max tried to hide the gun in his pocket, but then he reminded himself of all those funny Darwin Award stories about people who did the same and shot their balls off. Since Max didn't really want to say goodbye to his family jewels, he had to find an alternate way.

"No, that won't do..."

Maxwell opened his daypack and took out the Auto Mag 180 weapon manual. He didn't know anything about guns (except from Guns N' Roses, that is), but he watched a few movies, where some super action hero like Steven Seagal, sucker punched his enemy by telling him his gun still had his safety switch pulled on. And that meant that his pistol could also have one as well.

"Okay, I think I got it." Max said to himself but loud enough for Peter to hear it. "If I'll just pull this thing right over the barrel, the safety switch should be on, and then... We.. Will be... Good to... Go... Damn it."

As Max spoke those last few words, he tried to pull the switch several times, but it just didn't want to move. Maybe he was too weak to do that, or maybe some dirt and water got inside it as he wandered through the cave and it jammed the mechanism. Perhaps even both of those things. Nonetheless, he kept trying.

During the struggle with his Auto Mag, Max learned another, very important thing about handling weapons - On the contrary of what you see on the TV - Never hold your finger on the trigger unless you're about to shoot.

BANG!

Loud noise from the firearm let Max feel like on a concert for a while, as the loud screech invaded his ears, almost deafening him in the process. He stared dumbfounded for a few seconds at an empty shell of his gun, which landed just inches to the left of a small hole in the ground he just created. Luckily for everyone, no one got hurt, as Max had at least a bit of common sense, and he pointed the gun to the ground beforehand.

"FUCK!" He shouted out way louder than he thought he did, as his ears were still damaged. "SORRY! I DIDN'T WANT TO!"
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

OK. So Morgan was starting to move closer to her. It was what she wanted, wasn't it? He was nervous, sweaty. It was something she'd experiences with a lot of guys before. But from Morgan, what did it mean. Even as he drew her close and started talking softly to her, she was prepared for almost anything.

Then, just like that, the moment was gone. He turned away, ate more of the bread she'd given him. Why hadn't she produced the vodka?. And once again he was all business, forceful, making plans, reassuring her. Protecting her. Even as he took her hand in his, Jen could sense that something was wrong. But was it fear of the island, or fear of his feelings. She turned and looked at him, deciding whether or not she should kiss him, force him to make a decision about her.

And then the gunshot. Jen jumped as the shot rang through the trees. She hadn't been able to tell just where it had come from, the echoes were surrounding her. She ran behind the nearest cover she could find, a log from a tree that had fallen in the wind some time ago. Somebody was shouting, swearing. It sounded like he'd just shot somebody else. Why was it that they finally met some other people and they were killers? She tried to keep small and still, and prayed that she wouldn't be noticed.
Dr. Nic†

Post by Dr. Nic† »

[Girl #48 - Kaitlin Anderheim. Continued from Extinguishing the Light of the Future.

Apologize for the delay in getting Kaitlin back with Max and Peter]

Her lungs and her legs and her feet, everything was aching, screaming for a moment of rest, demanding that brief reprieve from the constant running; She didn't know how long she had been at it, how far she had run or where she was headed. She didn't know how many times she got turned around, how many noises gave her reason to flee or what it was that made her start running to begin with; All she knew now was that she was tired, that her legs were burning, that she just wanted to stop. But no matter how badly she wanted to, she couldn't bring herself to do it, not yet... not until she heard the gunshot. The shouting. It was close, and the voices were familiar; Just a little further, just a little longer and she would have cought up with them.

She kept running.

"Max! Peter!"

She called out from afar as she closed the distance between them, as she came ever closer to the two boys; At least, until she realized what it was that Max had said, what he had shouted. He didn't want to do it? Do what? It had to have had something to do with the gunshot, it just had to... but what did he do? He couldn't have shot someone, he just couldn't; He was nice, she thought he was nice, he couldn't have hurt someone, he just couldn't...

How can you be so sure?

She couldn't.

She didn't know him, didn't know what he was like in school or what he would be like here, didn't know what he was capable of or what he would do to others... to her. She slowed down. There they were, Peter and Max, with others further away; The source of the gunfire, the shouting, the fear that began creeping back into her mind as she resisted the urge to pull Theodore from her bag, to hold the bear close and find safety in that fluff filled fabric memory. Those marble eyes, that comforting sewn on smile, the warmth and safe feelings it would grant her. But she couldn't run away again, not now, not after she had called out and made herself known to Peter and Max, to the other two in the distance.

Were they still the ones who could keep her safe?

Or were they the ones who would hurt her?

I don't know...

She couldn't move.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dr. Nic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

The peace that Morgan and Jen had shared was nice. Though Jen's silence was a little disconcerting, he was used to the silence after his speeches, usually followed by a laugh or a smile, but she just stared at him, lost in thought. The poker playing teen had always wanted a moment like this. Just the two of them alone like this. Maybe now-

Bang

He was temporarily stunned by the loud sound of a gun. He heard someones muffled voice shouting out in the distance but couldn't decipher what was said. When the fog lifted from his head he saw that Jen had let go of his hands and was keeping low

Morgan shook his head to clear it further and the instinct of flight took hold. He pushed himself up and grabbed as many things as he could, he picked up his bag cradling the straps in his left hand and he took his rifle in his right.

"Jen we gotta find cover." he yelled, the ringing from the gunshot still ringing in his ears, "Over there, that pile of logs quick!"

The debris wasn't exactly large, maybe two feet and providing little cover for the two of them, but it would have to do. He began to scramble over towards the logs, nearly losing balance multiple times.

"Crap crap crap crap!" Morgan gasped in between breaths burying himself behind the logs.

He crouched down as low as he could, taking a deep and heavy breath. Whoever fired the gun hadn't fired again yet, but there was no knowing if and when that would happen again. His gaze turned to the rifle in his right hand. He had something that he could defend both Jen and himself. Would he be able to use it? Morgan wasn't sure. He just hoped that Jen had followed his lead and that they would both be safe. He didn't want to fire that gun.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

They were finally ready for this. Everthing was going according to plan. They would just wave the white flag, convey intentions, and then try and come up with a plan. Katlin had just yelled out from the tunnels, and Max was muttering something about that damn gun again. Seriously, will you drop it for ten minutes? You're gonna piss someone off with the thing if you keep waving it around li-

BANG

The boy almost jumped out of his skin, the ground pad in his hand falling to the ground and rolling down the hill. His hands instinctively raced over his body, searching for holes in the skin. And as soon as he realized that he was fine, he began to get pissed. His head turned to the other two they were approaching not a minute ago were diving behind a log... Yep, that was a rifle. God damn it. He took a deep breath and looked back to Katlin. Just as she had emerged, she sunk back in to the darkness.

"MAX, FUCK!" His voice was still a mix between shock and frustration. What person thought it would be a good idea to give this kid a gun? "How many times have I told you to put it the fuck away?!?" If Peter had been mad before in his life, it was nothing compared to this. Max was going to kill someone; make a mistake he couldn't take back, and then it would be on all of their hands. Admittedly having the Gun was good for intimidation and protection, but not if it was going to be handled like this.

Taking the stick in his hands and jamming it into the sand, the white flag flew- a little more appropriately now than before. The white flag signaled peace and surrender. Now surrender could actually be construed. And as soon as the flag was securely placed, the shirt flowing in the wind, he turned to Max. "Give me the god damn gun. Before you fucking kill someone!" He put his hand out, expecting to soon feel the cold steel touching his palm. There was no question, just an order.

Return to “The Felled Forest: North”