Life's a Beach

Open (Especially for killers who're up for a chase scene)

To the east of the mansion is another small beach, clearly a private area enjoyed by the former owners of the large building. This beach is clear of refuse, though the sand and rocks are of no higher quality than that of the northern beaches.
Fiori

Life's a Beach

Post by Fiori »

((Marty J. Lovett continued from Conquistador))

To put it bluntly, Marty hated the sea. He hated the smell of it, the taste of it, the way the salt water always stung his eyes whenever he tried swimming in it. He hated all the unforgiving sealife that resided within it (Especially jellyfish... God forbid, he despised those tendrilled abominations with a passion). Come to think of it, the only NICE thing about being by the sea whatsoever was the beach. And even then, Marty still complained about sand getting in his shoes all the time...

So Marty wasn't exactly ecstatic when he found himself sleeping on a beach for two nights in a row.

After he'd fled from that psychopath infested hellhole, he quickly found himself standing on a sandy beach facing a seemingly endless ocean. A sight that only served to remind Marty of just how far away from home he really was. However, rather then mope around, he decided that it'd probably be best to find a decent spot to set up the tent he'd been lucky enough to have as his assigned "weapon". It took him an hour or so, but he eventually found a good spot. A nice little space tucked neatly amongst a pile of rocks. After making his decision to set-up camp, he quickly unzipped his bag and went about setting up the tent...

...Which as it turned out, was a helluva lot harder then it looked. Even with the Manuel there to help him, it still took him three whole hours before he finally managed to finish setting the damn thing up. And even then, it wasn't exactly the sturdiest tent he'd ever seen in his life. To make matters worse, as he'd taken it out of his plastic package he realised that the fecking thing was coloured pink of all things! Sure, it had a nice camo pattern and everything, but it didn't change the fact that he was now taking refuge in a bright pink tent!

Well, luckily for Marty, nothing happened for the first day or so. He'd mostly spent the day inside, occasionally leaving for a minute or so to get some fresh air. For the most part, he spent his time reading the copy of Ronin by Frank Miller that he's decided to bring along with him. A comic which he'd quickly become sick of after reading it for the fifth time in a row... Sigh, If Joshua was here he'd be able to cheer me up... God, I hope he's okay ought there.

He'd become somewhat paranoid for Joshua's safety ever since he heard Daniel Vaughan's name mentioned on the announcement. He didn't know that much about Daniel himself... The guy was more Joshua's friend then his in lots of respects. But even so, hearing his name mentioned was quite a shock. He was always so... Well, friendly. Dumb as a rock, but otherwise a pretty nice guy. So hearing that he'd been burnt to death was very disconcerting for the nervous boy.

Eventually, the second announcement started up, announcing the fate of another load people he'd once known in class. 21 this time... Thankfully, none of them were people he knew personally. Although that didn't make it any less stressful One of these days, he'd starting hearing the names of people he cared about. People like Joshua, or Carol, or... He didn't want to think about it. He was safe, that's all that mattered to him right now. Safe and hidden away from all the insanity that was going on around him. As long as he stayed here, as far away from the rest of those psychopaths as humanely possible, then he'd be safe.

At least, he ASSUMED he was safe anyway...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fiori. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Craptastic Joshpost ahoy!

((Joshua Krakowski continued from Mad World))

Further up the beach, a kilometre or so away from where Marty had set camp, a certain Joshua Krakowski was pondering his thoughts on the edge of the beach.

Several hours ago, he'd just made his way to the beach after leaving the forest of tree stumps far behind him. Once he arrived, he'd almost slumped over onto the ground and fallen sleep almost immediately. After all, he hadn't slept once since he'd first woken up on top of the mountain.

He would have continued sleeping if the announcement hadn't of woken him up, causing him to bolt from his sleep and shake off the sand that had gotten all over his clothes. Jesus, man! Who'd of thought sand would itch so much!

He held his breath as he listened to the announcement, praying that Marty's name wouldn't be mentioned. He'd already lost one friend to this stupid game without being able to do anything about it, no way he was losing another. Especially not Marty of all people. Thankfully though, his name was never mentioned, allowing Joshua a sigh of relief. It wasn't too late to meet up with him just yet. There was no way in hell that he'd let Marty down like that... Not after already letting Daniel and Everett down.

Still, the fact remained that 21 people had still died because of all this. People he'd been completely helpless to prevent the deaths of... Chances are, he'd be helpless to save Marty as well. That some day he'd be standing there minding his own business when BAM, an announcement comes along and says that Marty had just been scalped, castrated and burned alive by some freaky nutjob like Sarah Awtell. Sarah... Damnit, who'd of thought SHE would turn out to have been a complete psychopath the whole time! She seemed so... Well, normal! Guess this means any of us could flip at any moment. Even...... No, don't think about it. Marty's gonna be fine you'll see...

You'll see......
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fiori. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Craptastic Aston post agogo!))

((Aston Bennett continues from There Is A Light))

It had taken a long time, two or three days of long time, but she'd made her decision.

No matter how much she wanted to, Aston Bennett was not walking out of SOTF a murderer. She knew that, in some sick and twisted fantasy world, that people like her with the weapons, the ability, the attitude, and the confidence, she'd come out on top. But no matter what, she wasn't going to end up a murderer, reduce herself to the level of her classmates, who were dropping like flies. Honestly, the sheer volume of students that had started to play compared to the number of her peers actually gone was staggering.

But even though she had the gun and as such the power to take someone's life into her hands, she couldn't do it.

So what else was there to do on an island such as this but survive?

Annoyingly, only after one visit to the creek and one wash of her hair, it refused to stay spiky anymore. She was frustrated, compiled with the fact that she'd only had 8 hours sleep over the last few days since leaving the tunnels. If she was to snap, it would be hard.

But it wasn't like water was her sworn enemy anymore, so here she was. The beach.

She'd had to avoid the Mansion for now, seeing as it was a Danger Zone. She didn't want her head to be blown off any time soon, so she stopped herself from endulging. The beach was mosly an empty place, with driftwood scattered here and there, and...what seemed to be a pink tent propped up in the middle of the beach.

Tilting her head confused, she started to walk closer, gun out. If that thing happened to be housing a crazed lunatic, she wouldn't be caught unawares.

She got there, almost silently, until her shadow reached inside the tent like a clawed arm. Not sure of the courteous thing to do when entering a tent, she extended her knuckles and rapped gently on one of the support beams that held the tent up. If there was someone in here, they could provide shelter until she decided to move again. If not, she could spend this time getting some sleep. Her eyes did look like they belonged to the undead, after all.

"Hello? Is there anyone in here?" Aston asked openly.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Somehow, he just knew that it wouldn't be long until somebody finally came across his hiding place. There were nearly 300 students out there killing each other, looking in every nook and cranny for even more victims to add to their own little hitlists. And besides, who WOULDN'T be interested in investigating a pink tent propped up in the middle of the beach somewhere...

Nevertheless, that didn't stop him from freezing in fear the second he heard the soft sound of footsteps just outside his tent.

What the...?!? Oh SHIT! Please tell me they didn't notice, please tell me they didn't notice, please tell me they didn't... Aw crap, they DID notice! Stay calm Marty damnit, STAY CALM!

He wasn't sure if he should stay perfectly still and pray to god that whoever was out there wouldn't try to look inside, or tear the opening over and run like hell. No, there wasn't anyway he could escape that way. The only way out happened to be facing the stranger's direction, so trying to make a run for it was virtually impossible. He was trapped, trapped like a mouse cornered by an ambiguously vicious cat. At least he wasn't screaming his head off JUST yet, although he was strongly tempted to. Copious amounts of sweat began to pour down his head as the shadow of this unknown stranger slowly came into view. He could now see the rough silhouette of someone standing right outside, wielding what looked like a frigging GUN in their hand!

SHIT! He has a freakin' piece on him! Oh fuck me, what the hell am I supposed to do???

His heart was pumping, blood running through his veins as he awaited the inevitable. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that this newcomer was about to open fire on him any second now. If he was a sick enough bastard to play this game, that's what he'd do. Take out the competition before they had a chance to fight back. It'd be quick, pragmatic and efficient. No room for error whatsoever...

He saw the stranger raise their arm,extending it towards the tent. Oh god, he's going to open up the tent so he can get a better look at me before he finishes me off! Sick BASTARD!

He closed his eyes and covered his face as he cowered in the corner of the tent, shivering as he awaited the inevitable gunshot that would end it all. Good bye Natalie, I'm sorry that I wasn't the strong big brother you deserved... And good bye Joshua, I'm sorry that we never got to see The Dark Knight like you wanted. I'm sure it'd of been as awesome as the trailer looked and everything! And most of all, good bye...

Then he heard a light tapping on one of the support beams.

W... Whuh?

"Hello? Is there anyone in here?"

That was... Strange. Soulless killers don't tend to kindly ask if anyone was inside somewhere first. Usually, they'd just get to the point and open fire. No questions asked. Unless, of course, they wanted to gloat a bit like some kind of supervillain first. Yeah, that'd make sense. Plus, what if he... or, she in this case, wanted to know if there was anybody inside first before filling the tent with lead? It'd just be a waste of bullets if they fired randomly at every potential hiding place they came across.

But then, why hadn't she opened the tent instead? Unless... She wanted a reply first because she's afraid that Marty was armed or something. Was that it? Maybe not, but either way it gave Marty an idea......

"G... G - G - GO AWAY! I've got an, er... a Gun! Yeah, a gun! And i'm n-not afrai... Afraid to use it!" he bluffed unconvincingly, pointing his fingers at the silhouette as if he was holding a handgun.

Damnit Marty! Theres no way in hell ANYONE'S going to believe that! You may as well have just flatly told her to blow your brains out and get it over with! Damnit, where the hell is Joshua when you freakin' need him?!?

Little did he realise that Joshua Krakowski happened to be much closer then he realised, and heading slowly but steadily down the beach with his hands in his pockets and his earphones in his ears, quietly singing along to Electric Eye by Judas Priest without a care in the world.........
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

She wasn't really sure what to expect from inside. If they were really a killer, and they did see her with her gun, there was nothing to actually stop them from shooting. It was a tent, not some impenetrable fortress. She sometimes forgot that, since it was so easy to get lost in one's own world in the safety and security of somewhere small and recluse.

It's just that...she didn't expect the person to react so hostile.

Fingers still clenched on the gun, she saw through the pink fabric of the tent what looked like a scared little boy, pretending to hold a gun in his hands. It would have been quite convincing, were it not for the nervousness of his voice which could be picked up by anyone.

So what was the next course of action for Aston Bennett?

Put the gun in her bag, hands above her head, and continued to speak.

"Look, I can see you're scared. But I'm not a killer or anything. I just need somewhere to sleep, I've been up for, what, 3 days and I haven't gotten a good rest. I've been running around in the tunnels for god knows how long, the one time I stopped I saw some girl lit on fire and almost died myself, and if I don't get some sleep...ugh, look, I know you probably don't know who I am, but can I please just stay here for a while? Until you want to leave at least?"

It was pretty hard to actually speak this out, in reality, since she didn't trust this guy as far as she could see him. She wasn't going out of her way to make allies in the game, not at least until her life depended on it, but...if this guy was terrified, he could probably use the protection. A guy with nothing was better than no guy and still nothing.

"Please?"
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

((It's time for some people in this here thread.))

((Michelle O'Cain continued from The start of something truly absurd.))

She was getting tired of this. Tired of running around trying to find people she'd be willing to work with in this hellhole of a game when instead she would find people who just didn't understand what it meant to have a strategy for this game. It was kill or be killed in Survival of the Fittest and the last two announcements only helped confirm that fact. She wondered how many of those names were of people she had met before. She recognized Walker-Luther at least, and while she didn't take joy in the fact that the other girl was now dead, she did feel a bit of satisfaction that she had survived and the other girl had not. She might have been conceited, but Michelle knew that she definitely had a chance to win the game...the opportunities were just not dropping on her lap, however.

For the past day and a half, she had been wandering the island. Her first move after leaving the Keys was to retrieve the bag she had left in the swamp. Luckily for her, no one else had taken it and she needed the rations, however awful they were. Any port in a storm and the food helped quiet the rumbling in her stomach and even raised her spirits just a bit...enough for her to try to get into the mindset of actually playing the game. It was tough at first...at the Key she was really only trying to get herself a weapon that would be useful for her. A gun was definitely a killing instrument. So was a crowbar, really, but the iron bar was way too unfamiliar in her hands and it would probably become a liability as its main use was bludgeoning and she...well, she really only knew how to stab at things.

But now...now she really was in the game to win it. She had no desire to be one of the many names that Danya rattled off every morning. She wanted to go home and if killing people was the only possible way of doing that? Then she would do it. She would not kill for joy or for pleasure...simply because it had to be done. Her mind often drifted back to the history books she had read, wondering what the famous Chinese strategist, Zhuge Liang, would have done in this situation. She grinned to herself. 'Probably would have found a way off the island without killing...and would have survived too.'

But despite her resolve, despite the cold, hard steel of the crowbar in her hand, she hadn't gotten any luck. Maybe it was the hand of God moving to prevent another soul from indulging in the sin of murder or maybe it was just that goddamn Murphy's Law. Either way, she didn't expect her luck to change when she found herself strolling along the beach. She didn't expect to see a pink tent propped up on some rocks with someone peering inside it like some sort of weird carnival attraction. 'Huh...odd.'

She also heard the distinct sounds of someone singing, but she couldn't pinpoint its location. As such, she put that out of her mind and went towards the closest target, namely the person just standing outside the tent. She didn't know what she should do...she didn't see any sign of a weapon, but all she really could see was the person's back. Michelle wanted to attack...wanted to strike first before anything could go wrong, but she didn't know all the cards in this game. And if she knew nothing about the situation besides her own role in it, she was screwed.

So she decided to play nice instead. Fake it. There was no need to attack the person now...after all, there could be other people inside the tent. "Hey!" She walked up to the stranger, keeping the crowbar loose and unthreatening in her right hand. "What's going on here? Is everything okay?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

This... Was unexpected.

He was so sure that after whoever was out there had figured out Marty was bluffing that they would just open fire on him, no questions asked or anything. But instead of being met with a hail of bullets, this girl was actually putting her hands up.

Wait wait wait wait...... That actually worked? I mean, damn! Maybe that wasn't such a crappy bluff after all...

After that, she began to explain how she wasn't a killer, and that all she wanted to do was lay low and stay quiet. Not that Marty could blame really her, what with all the psychos going around carving people up and stuff. Although that was assuming of course that this girl wasn't one of those psychopaths herself. And a particularly dumb on at that, if she fell for such a shitty bluff...

Then again, maybe he was just being overcautious. Who knows, maybe this newcomer's just telling the truth? After all, if she was a dumb psychopath she probably wouldn't of bothered knocking anyway. It wasn't too hard to believe that maybe he wasn't the only guy here who didn't have any intention of playing along. He was willing to play possum, yeah, but not going out and friggin' KILLING people! What kind of crazed nutjob would be able to do that with a smile on their face?

He gulped, the realisation that he'd been silent for at least an entire minute dawning upon him. He had to say SOMETHING. Anything! He still didn't trust this new girl, but at the same time he didn't want to rule out the possibility that they might actually be telling the truth here.

He lowered his "gun" and scratched his head, mumbling to himself for a moment before thinking of something to say. "Well, um... I suppose if you put it that way......"

"Hey!"

What the shit!?!

Someone else had arrived. Another girl in fact. Only this time he vaguely recognized her voice from history class... Michelle O'Crane or something? What was SHE doing here? Then again, what the hell was HE doing here. Or any of them for that matter... Marty hadn't the slightest idea as to what to do. One potential psychopath was bad enough, but TWO?

Yup, i'm fucked... I wonder what Joshua would do in this situation? Knowing him, he'd probably stick his head out of the tent and say "Ootini!" or something...

As it happened, Joshua at that moment was still humming quietly to himself when he spotted something strange in the distance. Namely a pink tent with two girls standing right outside it. Huh, thats odd... They having a tea party or something?

He scratched his head and brought up his pistol crossbow, just in case these girls turned out to be dangerous. They LOOKED harmless from where he was standing... Then again, so did Eva. And Janet Binachi whenever he recalled her back at Bayview... No harm in being careful, right?

From the looks of things, neither of them noticed him yet. He wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to show himself QUITE yet. Besides, maybe it'd be best to just leave 'em alone and move along as if nothing happened. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea come to think of it...

With this in mind, he turned away from the beach and began to quietly make his way into the woods. Best to just leave them alone to do whatever... Not really his place to butt in. Its not like they could know where Marty was or anything......

((Joshua Krakowski continued elsewhere...))
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Anna Chase continued from So What Do We Do Now? Hurr hurr "chase" scene.))

Zip.

Her pale hands quickly soared through her remaining bag, pushing aside undergarments, packed clothes, toiletries, and many other miscellaneous objects.

Oh god, where was it? It had to be around here somewhere. She just remembered it was in there, and now... now... she just needed to know where it was.

Ah, there it was.

With trembling hands, Chase lifted the small box out of the bag, and slowly removed the lid. It... was safe. Thank god. She needed it right now. Just to hold it. Just to look at the contents.

Chase lifted the dark colored necklace out of its container, and placed it to her chest.

Like many people on the island, she had heard the announcement. The words echoed in her mind even now.

"Alllllright. Let's get down to the gritty details, shall we? First to die, right after our announcement, in fact, was Dawne Jiang. Miss Jiang decided that she couldn't, wouldn't hold her darling boyfriend Rekka back, and opted instead to stick around in a dangerzone. They say love makes you crazy, I didn't realise that meant 'stupid' too. Next..."

"Next to go down was the one and the only Jonathan Jarocki, who somehow got it into his head that running around and yelling and firing his gun like some kind of cowboy was a good idea. Miss Madelaine Smith proved exactly why that was not the case."

Her best friend. Her boy- her ex.

Gone. Killed. Dead.

She didn't even get to see them or anything. Just like that. Gone.

Dawne had apparently committed suicide. By the sound of things, Rekka was nearby at the time. Did this mean... oh god. If so, Chase knew why she did it. It wasn't rocket science or something.

Something had happened with Jon, and he for some reason was firing his gun and shouting. Someone got him. Madelaine Smith. That was their name. And Chase had no clue who that was.

Dawne's and Jon's faces appeared in her mind. Chase knew that she would never see either of them alive again. Never, ever. She could see them now; Dawne's vibrant blue eyes that sparkled with energy, the look of joy Jon had at prom... with each passing moment they were only memories, nothing more.

A thought passed through in Chase's mind. Could it be her fault?

If she and Dawne had acted more responsibly that night...

If she was a better girlfriend to Jon...

Maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Dawne would be alive. Jon would be alive. Everything would have been fine.

Right?

It was her fault...

Chase trembled further, staring at the ground.

She wanted to believe that this was some sort of mistake, that they were still out there. But, there it was, and she had to accept it.

But what did this mean now? Her best friend and ex-boyfriend were gone, having been picked off. What was there to do? She had wanted to find them, but now... she simply couldn't. Rekka was no longer an option, as who knew what had happened between him and Dawne before she... made her choice. So, any number of things could happen if she were to meet up with him, both good and bad. What about Brendan? As far as she could tell, he was safe, or at least alive and hadn't killed yet.

To be honest, some part of Chase did want to die right there on the spot, though. Maybe by pulling her collar, or plunging herself into the ocean. There was no good reason for her to live. Maybe? Well, she didn't have very much food, the only water she was able to find were from the stream and the ocean, the stream only being a slightly better choice, two people she cared about were dead, and it was only a matter of time before... well, she met up with one of the psychos and wouldn't make it out alive.

But was that really the best option?

Probably not, she thought to herself.

Despite all that she had been through so far, she had to admit; she didn't actually want to die. Deep down, the survival instinct was still there. She had been telling herself since the day before yesterday that she refused to die, and in the end, she still refused, even now.

Even if it was her fault they were gone.

Chase went to take another look at the necklace. Oh god, she could remember this. Just before she left him, he... gave her it. Now, she lifted it by the chain, letting it hang and shine in the light. Onyx... how much did he spend on it? He really didn't have to do it. She hadn't exactly been nice to him, and had broken up with him, and... he gave her it. For her birthday. He didn't have to. He didn't need to... heck, Chase had forgotten that day that it was her birthday, and only a bit earlier did she remember it was when they... well, got sent here.

Jon...

Her eyes started to water again.

She was sorry. That was what she wanted to say to Jon and Dawne above all else. Just "I'm sorry". But then what after it? That, she had no clue.

But, she had to figure out where to go next. Where was Ben? She looked up, and looked around her. Nowhere in sight. Did... did Rasputin get to him? No, he couldn't have...

Right now, though, it was a good idea to keep moving.

Chase was about to put the necklace back in the box, and the box back into the bag, until she realized something. What if there was another Nancy situation? She didn't want to lose it so easily...

And with that, Chase had an idea. She put the box inside her bag, and unbuttoned the top of her dress just a tiny bit. Once it was loose enough, she slid the necklace inside her bra, and buttoned back up. She had never been particularly "big", but it fit in there quite nicely, and looked natural. And it meant that if she got robbed again, she wouldn't lose it. The last thing she wanted was to lose it. It was all she had left of Jon right now.

Zipping back up, she stood up and sighed to herself. God, this had been the first time she had been to a beach... was it? She couldn't remember. She might have been to the beach before, but Chase had always been one of the "city folk", having spent pretty much her entire life in the Twin Cities. She could remember the river, though.

Chase hoisted the bag over her shoulder, and so walked along the beach, the moist sand clinging to her clothes and boots. She had rested long enough, and it was a good idea to keep moving, right? Even if her legs ached from all that walking she did yesterday.

Soon she noticed what appeared to be a bright pink camo-patterned tent on a rock formation, with a girl looking at it and talking to it. Someone was inside it, obviously, but from here it sounded... male? God, things just kept getting weirder and weirder, didn't they? Some part of her wanted to continue believing that this was some sort of dream, and the fact that things were starting to become surreal supported this. And to make matters more surreal for Chase's stressed out mind, another girl, this time with dyed streaks in her hair and holding a crowbar, was approaching the tent as well.

God, to be honest, she felt like Alice in Wonderland with all this weirdness she kept running into. Of course, Alice didn't have to deal with Russian hockey players disemboweling people with chainsaws, guys running around with paintball guns, hipster chicks that mug people, and many other things she probably missed. In fact, that was actually a really bad analogy, now that she thought of it.

Chase padded over to the tent, wondering why people were crowding around it. Was it such a good idea to come so close? Some part of her told her to stay away, but well... curiosity killed the cat, as they said. The person in the tent seemed scared, almost as if he thought the people outside were going to kill him.

Chase kept a fair distance away, but spoke up.

"Hello?" she asked quietly.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Hectic. What a word. It had so many connotations that described her well, but it seemed like just the opposite wanted to happen here. The boy had gone quiet, for almost a solid minute. During that time, she'd edged her hands down, and stopped making herself look like a hostage in a situation that clearly wasn't so.

And then, he spoke again.

She smiled widely, for one of the first times during her capture. She'd gotten his trust, she'd made a single ally. It was worth that risk, that one small attempt.

But then again, things were never going to work out that simply for Aston Bennett, were they?

Out of nowhere, a girl appeared. Aston whipped her head around to see her, and she slipped her hand into her bag on instinct. Multi-coloured hair, something Aston had seen in abundance at Bayview, but more importantly, a crowbar. A weapon. Something that could and probably would kill.

She didn't look the part of a killer, but there was really no way to tell. According to the announcements, people she'd known, people she'd socialised with, had turned killer. There was nothing in her face to suggest that this was the case, but there was no way to be sure. Not a single way.

Well, if she asked, that could work, she supposed.

"Hey, yeah, it's okay. Well, it was okay until you spooked this guy. Think he's had a heart attack or something, and you popping in outta nowhere probably didn't help," Aston snapped. What was everyone thinking if they thought they could just appear out of nowhere and ask random questions like that? Didn't they know how dangerous it was? She scoffed at the idea of everyone in her class being either that naive or stupid, though it really wouldn't have surprised her, honestly, but the amount of collar-suicides and overly stupid deaths seemed to damper that scoff right back down for the time being. At least for now.

Running her free hand up the side of her face, she scratched her cheek.

"Look, I dunno who you are really, but I'm Aston. Guy in there, I dunno, but you might wanna approach this a bit more calmly or something, since he sounds really on edge. Might have a gun, I think."

And then boom, like fireworks in the night, another girl appeared out of nowhere. Almost literally, really, she didn't even spot her come onto the scene, she was so busy trying to stop this guy from freaking out and to stop the girl from becoming either a hinderance or a potential foe. In her own little special way, anyhow.

Turning around to face her, she recognised her as that short goth chick who hung around with some punk chick and that Australian giant. Honestly, such odd friendship combinations were the reason she was almost totally lost on finding one herself; where did one draw the line?

"Oh. Hello." Aston mumbled. She wasn't really sure how to respond to such an open question: "Hello?". It provided so many opportunities for different lines of discussion that it wasn't really worth thinking about.

"You holding up okay?" Aston continued, trying her best to keep things less than critical. Nothing else should give this guy more than a double coronary if she had anything to say in the matter.

Come to think of it, who was that guy anyway? Would he come out if he thought these girls (plus her) were friendly?

Well, there was time to wait and see.
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

'What the hell did I do to her?' Michelle thought to herself as she was brought up short by the girl's abrupt reply. Her fingers tightened around her crowbar and she was almost tempted to smack the girl across the head as some sort of righteous revenge. She let the anger bleed out of her instead though, just sighing and giving a shrug. If the guy in the tent really DID have a gun, now was no time to begin hostilities. "What did you want me to do? Just slink up like some sort of thief and mumble "Hello" like some sort of slasher villain? At least I advertised my presence so you'd, you know, know I was coming."

'It's not like all those other times I've tried to hide have helped in the least either.'

She sighed again and shook her head. "Sorry...I'm kind of in a bad mood. Name's Michelle O'Cain. I'll try to keep things peaceful then."

And then, out of nowhere, came a quiet "Hello?" and Michelle couldn't help but freak a bit, thoughts of somehow summoning some horror movie killer flashing through her head. Whirling to face the sound, she saw a short girl some distance away and she let out a sigh of relief. It was quickly followed by a flush of embarrassment and she couldn't help but kick at the ground irritably. 'Keep it together, Michelle. You aren't going to win this game if you let every little thing turn you inside out. You don't want to be like the guy in the girly tent.'

'How am I supposed to reply to that, though?' Michelle thought to herself, but that particular question was solved by Aston. She gave her own "Hello" as well and then went back to thinking. 'What am I going to do now? Three other people...the boy might bolt if I tried to attack and Hello Girl might do the same but...no, I probably shouldn't. Play it safe for now, Michelle...play it safe. Maybe you can pick up some allies. If not, maybe see if you can isolate one of 'em. Maybe Aston...she seems like the most confident and intelligent one out of this pack. If she's gone...'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Oh, you have GOT to be shitting me...

It became clear to Marty at that moment that the brief moment of peace and tranquillity he was blessed with had finally come to an end. First there was the girl with the gun who intruded on his privacy and may or may not be a complete psychopath, then there was Michelle who could also may or may not be a complete psychopath. And now... Before he even had the chance to squeal out loud in terror, yet ANOTHER girl had come across his little hiding place.

Was it the pink tent that had attracted the attention of all these girls? Was it some kind of unnatural magnet that caught the attention of wondering females? If so, why the hell did they all pop up at once? More or less...

This is RIDICULOUS! I didn't ask for this! All I wanted was to stick back, relax and stay out of trouble... And yet for some reason trouble seems to follow me like some kind of rabid animal! Is wanting to be left alone to die in peace really TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?

He was on the verge of exploding right on the spot... Not only was he terrified beyond comprehension, but now that the initial shock of the visitors had worn off he was beginning to get annoyed by the fact that he was no longer alone, and that he now had to deal with the problem of THREE potential psychopaths instead of just one. And he wasn't enjoying one second of it...

"You holding up okay?"

"NO! AS A MATTER OF FACT, I AM NOT HOLDING UP OKAY!"

In a mixture or anger and impatience, he unzipped the tent 'door' and crawled out, his face red in a mixture of frustration and sheer embarrassment. He reconginzed the girl with the gun now... Aston Martin or something like that. Either way, it didn't matter. Aston or not, he was feeling particularly pissed off this morning and felt like taking it out on the world.

"I mean, how the hell CAN I when I'm surrounded on all sides by people who probably want me DEAD! How the hell can ANYONE here keep up a straight face when there's people dying by the truckloads out there! Didn't any of you hear the announcements? People are DEAD now! I mean, seriously fucking dead! Strangled, shot, stabbed, blown up... You understand?!? PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BLOWN UP! So yeah, of course i'm not holding up okay! Because within a week we'll all be fucking DEAD! DEAD YOU HEAR ME! DEAD!!!"

As Marty continued rambling on, his tirade getting more and more unintelligible as time went on, a certain ear managed to catch his rant far off...

((Joshua Krakowski continued from... Well, here.))

Joshua was barely a dozen metres or so away when the voice of his best friend shouting out loud caught his attention. What the... Nah, can't be. Can it?!?

He listened with anticipation, assuming at first that it was just his imagination bullshitting with him again... But there was no doubting it, that was Marty's voice screeching out loud right now. Back in the direction of those girls by the pink tent... MARTY! Jesus, I hope he's alright!

He lumbered in the direction of the noise, crossbow pistol in hand, desperate to get there before anything bad happened to his best friend...

Oh god, please don't let this be another Everett...
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

They... seemed startled, to say the least. It didn't help that one of them was talking about slasher villains and such, now that she thought of it. However, the other girl gave out her own "hello", and asked if she was alright.

Alright? Well... she was tired, thirsty, hungry, and depressed. Chase wasn't in tip-top shape, to say the least, and she knew it. But, she decided to answer that question.

"Ah... fine. Tired and thirsty, but I think I'm fine. Don't worry about me, though, I'm not the type to-" she started, staring down at the ground. She didn't want to give out too many details, simply because she was never the type to tell her life story when asked, and didn't really want to talk about Dawne and Jon right now.

But, the voice that cut her off showed how this wasn't the case with others.

The tent suddenly unzipped, revealing a male student she recognized. Was that Marty Lovett? The guy who hung around the other guy who was obsessed with retro things or something? She didn't know him very well, but she did know that judging by the times she saw him around, he... seemed to be a bit of a "spaz", shall we say.

Chase could only stand there as he went on his tirade, the hand resting on her bag's strap suddenly tightening. Of course she heard the god damn fucking announcement. Of course she heard who had died. Of course she had heard the names, that fuckhead laughing about every single one of them... it wasn't like she didn't have people she fucking cared about die or something. Bah.

A look of anger passed over her features for a few seconds, before her face rested.

He was just scared, is all.

Right?

Just... scared...

Maybe if someone showed that if they were friendly, he could calm the hell down. That had to be it.

Chase slowly and hesitantly walked over, to get a closer look at the situation. She stared at the ranting boy for a few seconds, before a smile appeared on her face. Not the happy kind, though; one could tell in Chase's eyes that she was still upset. In a way, the look on her face looked slightly deranged and forced in appearance. It was pretty clear she was only smiling to look friendly to Marty. And, taking a deep breath, she spoke up.

"D... don't worry, Pie Man. I think I'm not a slasher villain or something. I'm not the type to... you know... slice someone's skin off... wear it as a hat... grind someone's bones to... uh... do something with... rape someone with a knife... that sort of thing, y'know?"

She looked around at the other two, and looked back at Marty.

"I don't r-really know about strawberries 'n cream h-hair or uh... spiky head, but I assure you, I'm... ah..."

Chase lifted her arms to form an "S" shape with them.

"... Safe?"

She looked back at the other two.

"I think we should put our things down. Y'know, so he doesn't freak out over the weapons 'n stuff? I think he would calm down, at least..."

As a sign of faith, she placed her remaining bag on the ground, and lifted her hands in the air. Hopefully they would do the same, and not turn out to be psycho killers too. What then though, if they were? Well, Chase would grab her bag and head out of there.

What if they were like Ben, though? She could remember Ben's own rant from yesterday almost word for word.

"Well. I just had my best friend's girlfriend killed before my very eyes, my best friend's run off into the wilderness with a fucked up leg, my ex-girlfriend's is one of the top killers on the island, another friend who I cared for died, I've slept for about 6 hours on and off trying to convince myself that no-one was going to kill me in my sleep, and I've got about two days worth of water left before I'm empty. I've... I spent an hour yesterday wondering whether I should kill myself to save the trouble. And you know what? I couldn't think of one reason why I shouldn't pull this fucking collar and blow my head off! I actually thought about committing suicide and it was an actual logical choice!. I... I never thought I would ever try to fucking kill myself! And... and you know what I wanted to do on this trip? All I wanted to do is to sit down with my friends and play fucking UNO! ...that's what I forgot. The uno cards. Of course. Fuck."

Well, okay, the UNO part was kind of weird, she had to admit.

But, the point remained. What if they didn't want to put down their things for similar reasons? Plus, she had considered taking Ben's gun before. What if those urges popped up again? She knew "strawberries and cream hair" had a crowbar on her, but who knew what "Spiky Head" had? Probably something in that bag...

But, hopefully they would be the nice, non-killing type of classmates, at the very least? Right? There had to be someone out there who wasn't at all psycho, right? She wasn't the only sane one remaining... right? She was always an oddball and proud of it, but that didn't mean she was one of the crazy ones. Hopefully it would be same with the others.

It had to be. What would happen if they weren't?

Chase looked around, and saw someone else heading on over from the woods. It was distant, but still visible enough. Oh great, more people. And this one seemed to have a weapon as well. A gun, or a crossbow? She really couldn't tell from here.

Wait a tic...

"Is that your friend?" Chase asked Marty quietly, while still staring at the distant figure.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

So the boy started to go on the shit. Really. Aston didn't even realise that she was talking to him in the first place. So then, he started to go on.

And on.

And on and on about how badly he was doing. So what did Aston do? She stood there, quietly, and took every

single

word.

And by the time it was over, her lip, which had been trembling from nervousness, was now in a different state of trembling. Rage. Pure, unadulterated, rage.

So when the girl started to ramble on, Aston's brain, still glaring from the insults she was recieving earlier (or rather, what she percieved to be insults) started to click into motion.

And then it all blurted out.

"Okay, first of all, I will forgive you for thinking that you, some small, whiny little shithead, was the subject of that remark. For future reference, I was NOT speaking to you, I was speaking to HER, OKAY?" Aston yelled, pointing at the relatively new arrival. "JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE HERE FIRST, DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU, OKAY? OH, AND ONE MORE THING, HOW DARE YOU LECTURE ME ON THE FACT THAT EVERYONE WE KNOW IS DYING OUT THERE! HOW DARE YOU! I HAVE SEEN THINGS ON THIS ISLAND THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE IN A LIFETIME! MY BEST FRIEND WAS KILLED IN FRONT OF MY FUCKING EYES! SOME STUPID METALHEAD CHICK SET HER ON FIRE WITH A FLAREGUN, AND NEARLY BURNED THE WHOLE FUCKING FOREST DOWN! I ALMOST DIED! HAVE YOU ALMOST DIED TODAY? NO? WELL THEN WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO LECTURE ME ON THE FACT THAT PEOPLE ARE DYING! PEOPLE DIE EVERY DAY! YOU KNOW THAT! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT! EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT!"

Aston was like a bull that couldn't be stopped. A lying bull, nonetheless, since she couldn't think up anything else that would make as much of an impact as "my friend died in front of me". In the passage of her rage, she had stepped forward towards Marty, and was moving so close that she could see every little vein in his eye.

"AND TO THINK THAT I EVEN BOTHERED TRYING TO MAKE PEACE WITH YOU! YOU WERE SO SCARED, LIKE A LITTLE FUCKING BABY, THAT I THOUGHT YOU'D JUST WANT ANYONE! I DON'T NEED TO FIND FRIENDS! I HAVE NONE ANYMORE! THEY'RE ALL DEAD, YOU KNOW THAT? I DIDN'T NEED TO EVEN GO NEAR YOU! I WAS PERFECTLY FINE WITH FENDING FOR MYSELF! AND AS FOR YOUR LITTLE COMMENT ABOUT "OH, WE'RE ALL GONNA BE DEAD IN A WEEK" WELL NEWS FLASH SHERLOCK FUCKING HOLMES! I DON'T THINK THIS-" Aston yanked her gun out of her bag, and started to emote with it wildly in her hands, every so often her finger moving closer to the trigger, and further away again "WILL EVER BELONG TO SOMEONE THAT'S GONNA DIE TODAY, DO YOU? BECAUSE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME, BETWEEN ALL OF YOU, IS THAT I AM GONNA WIN THIS! I'M GONNA GET OFF! AND YOU JUST LOST YOUR ONCE! IN A FUCKING! LIFETIME! CHANCE!"

In the heat of her speech she screamed. Running towards the tent, her boot, in a few fluid motions, connected with the tent and sent it flying. Still in beserker mode, she grabbed his bag, rested inside, and sent it flying towards the water as well.

Nostrils flaring, she spun around to her waiting audience.

"FUCK YOU! FUCK ALL OF YOU! YOU'RE ALL USELESS PRICKS, EVERY FUCKING ONE OF YOU!"
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

(OOC: Knocking out of Marty approved by Fioriboy.)

'Could the great strategists and commanders of the world have predicted this? Could Erwin Rommel, Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi, Mitsunari Ishida, Ulysses S. Grant, George S. Patton, and Heinz Guderian put their collective minds together and figure out how the fuck everything went to shit here? Because there is no way in hell I will ever piece together this puzzle in all the years...or days in this case, that I have remaining alive.'

The thought just drifted though Michelle's mind as what seemed to be a peaceful scene with a hopefully stable group just exploded in her face. The new girl seemed smart enough...at least she wasn't begging or bawling her eyes out and being an overly useless wreck. She would have said something back to her if it wasn't for the pansy-ass inside his tent suddenly losing his shit and unzipping the tent flap. Screaming at them about how they were in SotF and people were dying around them, Michelle listened to his rant with growing irritation and anger, wanting to shut the fucking idiot up. If they weren't already in enough danger, the little shithole was probably going to call every single killer in a three-mile radius over to this location.

She would have just slammed her crowbar into the side of his head then and there, but his rant only triggered replies from the other two girls and it was then that Michelle simply found herself at a loss of things to do. The new girl seemed to go the "Aww, it's okay, dear~" route of mothering the frightened little bastard, although her expression was in contrast to her words. And Aston, woo boy, Aston decided to just let it rip. She stood there in a stunned sort of daze as Aston screamed out all of her frustrations on the boy and then decided to kick the goddamn tent away.

It wasn't her leg strength that Michelle was concerned about though. It was the gun that Aston had whipped out of her bag that caught her attention. 'Perhaps it's a good thing I didn't attack earlier after all...she's gone crazy now though. No way to safely get that gun away from her without trying to kill her now and she's way too hyped up for anything like that to succeed. No...better keep playing it safe. And shut these idiots up.'

First things first, though. Tent boy had to be quiet lest he go on a return rant back at Aston. It was bad enough hearing the two of them buzz at each other like vultures and she didn't want this craziness to continue. She tightened her fingers around her crowbar, a dangerous look on her face as she screamed, "Everyone, shut the fuck up and calm down!"

She punctuated her words by swinging the flat edge of her crowbar right into the side of the boy's head, a dull thud ringing out as the boy collapsed senseless to the ground. Breathing heavily, she quickly turned the weapon to Aston, her eyes narrowed. "I didn't want him to keep spewing out shit, so I thought it would be best if he took a little nap. I don't regret hitting him. So are you going to calm down now or do you want to add your name to the list of Danya's killers, huh? If you don't, drop the goddamn gun so we can all just sit down, cool our feet, and make sure none of us die here."
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Marty felt really stupid at that moment...

Barely seconds after he had finished his panicked rant, Aston then went off into her own overwhelming tirade which left him utterly speechless. Never, not even back at that lameass school he used to go to, had he EVER pissed somebody off as much as he had at that very moment. The sheer ferocity of Aston's retort literally stunned him, and left him with a mixed feeling of awkwardness, fear, embarrassment... But most of all, at that moment he felt disappointed.

Because if there was one point she made that was spot on, it was the fact that he was acting like a complete crybaby. Jesus, she's right... What the hell kind of guy freaks the hell out just because he's surrounded by a bunch of girls?!? My god, I must have looked like such a spa - WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING TO MY TENT!?!

Before he even had the chance to complain, Aston had already gone ahead and kicked his tent right over, only to then pick up his bag and chuck that in the direction of the sea as well.

"Woah woah, Jesus! My stuff!" he complained, only for Aston to reply with a series of profane insults. Crap! What the hell am I supposed to do now?!? You've gotten yourself into a really fucked up situation now, haven't you Mart...

"Everyone, shut the fuck up and calm down!"

Wha...

THUNK!

He stood still for an entire second before falling flat on his face, the blow from Michelle's crowbar knocking him out stone cold. He didn't even have the opportunity to consider what had just happened as he lay motionless on the sand, unconscious as a stone...

And Joshua was standing there, a few metres away from Chase, having witnessed the entire thing as he rushed to aid his best friend.

"MARTY!"

The tall would-be rocker lifted up his gun, instinctively aiming at the girl who had just potentially killed his closest buddy in the whole world.

No! No no, not again! I can't let this happen again! Especially not to Marty!

"ST... STAY AWAY FROM HIM! DROP IT, NOW!" he shouted, tears freely running down his cheeks. He couldn't remember the last time he'd ever been as angry with someone, or something for that matter, as much he was at that one moment in time, when it looked as though Marty J. Lovett, the same guy he'd spent the past few days looking for, had just been murdered outright.

Oh god... Oh god Marty, PLEASE be okay! Oh god......

Return to “The Beach: East”