Alex in Sunderland

This is what happens when you're off SLEEP

The residential area used to house the miners, loggers, and mansion staff. Houses, mainly ranch-style and small, are arranged on one half of the U-shaped town. The other side of the U is home to a pub, a grocery store, a small convenience store, and a recreation center containing a gym and a small movie theater.
Lord_Shadow†

Alex in Sunderland

Post by Lord_Shadow† »

((Alexander Seymour continued from Final Third Foul))

"Oh this certainly isn't good." Alex thought as he moved across the island. He kept clear of the Town Center by staying at the perimeter of the Town itself. No telling what kind of monsters he'd come across there.

His hallucinations were even worse than before, and he barely had any energy to move. In fact, the only reason he was moving was because of that fight or flight response brought about by his fear of imminent death. Seeing as how that was wearing off, he was back to being dead tired.

Emphasis on tired, not dead.

People were no longer people in his mind. They were two types of things before him: Predators and Prey. The difference was subtle for some, not so subtle for others. He wasn't sure he could trust the images before his eyes. After all, how did he know which was which?

"That's easy. The Predators are the big scary things with claws and fangs that want to tear you apart and feast on your entrails."

Alex was startled by that voice. He searched for the origin of it but couldn't locate it.

"Down here boy."

A rabbit. A talking goddamn rabbit. A fluffy one too. "What is this?"

"How should I know? It's your stupid brain going crazy."

Alex picked up the rabbit, gripping a little harder than was necessary to make his point. "I am not crazy." He said as slowly and coldly as he could muster. Unfortunately his voice was still a little shaky so the effect was ruined.

The rabbit didn't so much a utter a sound of pain. It merely stared at him with a condescending look on its face. He let it go and it dropped to the ground. The bunny dusted itself off, shook its head and said, "Time to get going."

"What?" With that the rabbit was gone. Come to think of it, the town was gone. Alex was in the middle of... what he could only describe as a featureless plane. "Fuck."

This wasn't going to be easy to get out of.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lord_Shadow. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Remy Kim continued from Too Late))

Two days now.

Two days now he had been separated from Cisco and Josée.

He had just went off to look for the bag thief, and when he saw no trace of anyone, went back only to see they had left without him. They just literally ran off! Those bastards! Josée was making a big deal about both of them living when they first met up on the island, and yet, she didn't keep her word. She didn't keep it, and what's more, she was being buddy bud with Cisco. Cisco, fucking Cisco, who had killed Katelyn and was out of his mind. And Josée saw him as oh-so-innocent, being manipulated by "Death". Who was most likely their bag thief and was probably following them around this entire time. Heck, "Death" might have even followed him here, right where he was hiding, and was waiting for him to come out.

Maybe that was paranoia. But a bit of paranoia never hurt anyone, right? Of course, Remy didn't realize that to Josée and Cisco, it probably looked like he ran away from them.

Remy opened the attic door, peering downwards with weary, tired eyes. This is where he had been sleeping for the past few nights. It was lucky he found proper shelter, really. Of course, sometimes he would come down to look around for a bit, to see if anyone is out there and whether or not it was still a good hiding spot. However, he had not encountered anyone so far ever since the incident with Cisco.

A chill went down his spine as he remembered. Her scream, the blood flowing from her neck... he was pretty sure it popped up again in the few hours of sleep he had received. And Josée still thought he was perfectly sane? Really?

Could he go back down there right now?

He had his knife... but what if someone only a few steps away had a gun?

What if Kris was out there?

Or Death?

Well, he told himself that if he found Kris, he would avenge Reika. And Death... Death... that was the one he was worried about.

What if Kris and Death were the same?

A mental image once again popped into his mind, this time of some psycho repeatedly shooting Reika, smiling, and nicknaming himself Death after the act. Cisco said his name was Joe or something like that, but for all he knew it was some kind of alias. Yes! That was what a smart killer would do! Not give out his real name! And maybe Josée was right, and Death/Kris/Joe was taking advantage of Cisco's insanity and making him kill people without realizing it! It made perfect sense! Death was after him specifically! He wasn't satisfied with Reika, so he was going after him and Josée next!

... Well, if he said that thought out loud, people would think he was crazy for his logic. But to him, in his state of paranoia and exhaustion, it was excellent logic.

In any case, though, he had to get out of the building. Slinging the one bag over his shoulder, he made his way down, and headed out of the building.

No one in sight so far. Maybe he could head back to his old attic, which was starting to be as close to him as home at this point. Heck! He could stay there as long as the area wasn't declared a dangerzone! It was a nice hiding spot, after all. No one would think to look up there.

All so far, so good-

His heart started to race.

Someone was here.

Someone was out here, waiting for him.

Remy was currently staring at his back, as he did something he couldn't quite comprehend. Who was it? Who was here? Why was here? Were they just coming in all of the sudden? Oh god, they could be a player. Or... you-know-who. Why was he here?

His thoughts continued to race as he watched the guy. Remy's hand instinctively reached for the knife in his pocket for the first time in a few days. He was going to have to defend himself, right? Defend himself... in case he... you know... turns out to be playing and attacks him.

"Who's there..." he started in a quiet voice, but it soon turned louder. "WHO'S THERE?"

Immediately he fished his knife out of his pocket, and flipped it open. He... he wouldn't attack someone with a knife, right? He'd back the fuck away. That's what he'd do if he was smart, right? Smart AND sane! He needed more sane people here. Sane people would react normally to the knife, obviously.
Lord_Shadow†

Post by Lord_Shadow† »

Alex turned his head when he heard a very distinct noise. That noise was a voice. A human voice he was sure of it. And suddenly the world returned. No longer a featureless void, instead a wonderful array of lush color and shapes and sizes and all manner of things in it.

It was so psychedelically mystifying that Alex was sure that he had somehow stepped into an entirely different world. As much as he wanted to assert that none of this was real, that he was just having a breakdown due to sleep deprivation, he had to answer the voice first.

Why? Because, it was the polite (and not crazy) thing to do. He nodded his head.

"My name is Alexander Seymour. Who are you, where are you, and are you a figment of my imagination as well?" He felt that should do the trick. Simple questions with simple answers that should determine simply whether this was real or not.

And then the goddamn rabbit showed up again. "Not going to find it out like that you will. Better to find out after having a nice cup of tea."

Of all the things to be offered, tea was probably the one thing that Alex was okay with. Not because it was particularly what he wanted or needed, but he was sure thirsty as hell and had run out of water. The offer of tea only served to remind him of that.

"Sure." He accepted, and the rabbit laughed. Alex frowned. Just his luck. Of course the rabbit was going to be a bastard and not go through with the offer.

Oh well, at least that voice might be better. Alex turned to face the direction from which it came from. And he was surprised by what he saw.

Mostly because he couldn't even begin to describe it. All he could really describe was the long, sharp, and incredibly deadly looking stinger it had. So sharp that it made an audible sound indicating its sharpness. And Alex thought that only happened in TV.

Alex frowned. How was he supposed to deal with this? Best to try to be friendly and hope it didn't try to kill him. "Hello."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lord_Shadow. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

The guy introduced himself as Alexander Seymour. Alexander Seymour? That name sounded familiar, but he didn't know how. Maybe they shared a class or something? He couldn't quite recall.

But that paled in comparison to the question he was asked immediately after.

Was he just a figment of his imagination? Was he real?

What.

Of course he was real. He was standing here, wasn't he? He was here, alive, and real. Unfortunately, he was still on this island. Why would he be fake? That was an odd question. Then again, this island was full of odd questions like this.

He had no clue how to reply to this. Really, what was he supposed to say? "Yes, I am a figment of your imagination, and my name is Remy Kim, I'm just a delusion?". The fuck? Really. Really.

The guy seemed to stare down to the ground, as if something was there. But nothing was. What was going on? What was he doing? It was really freaking him out, and he didn't know why. Maybe it was because he was feeling so paranoid right now.

And suddenly, this Alexander Seymour turned around and looked startled for some reason, greeting him again, like he hadn't noticed him before. It was as if he was talking to someone else and hadn't noticed him! Seriously, the hell? Was he out of his mind? He probably was. God damn, couldn't he encounter someone sane here? At least someone who knew what was going on?

Remy was somewhat taken back by this, and blinked.

Okay? Could he just... walk away from all this? Go back to his attic, and hide out there until he goes away? He seemed out of it, but he also seemed harmless. Remy, in spite of his nervousness, took a few steps forward, knife still in hand.

"Uh... what are you doing here?" he asked, starting to seem just a tiny bit more like the Remy of the past.

If he did something suspicious, he would run the hell away. Simple. It was that simple, right? Hopefully he'd at least notice he was armed. What if he did attack though? He'll deal with that.
Lord_Shadow†

Post by Lord_Shadow† »

There was a flash of light that caused Alex to shield his eyes for a second. For a moment he thought he could make out the image of a person. But when he brought his arm down again, all he saw was the creature. Now that he inspected it more closely, it didn't look all that dangerous. Save for the stinger of course. The stinger which was curiously at waist level, the appendage it was attached to probably protruding from the creature's back.

And it spoke again. It asked him what he was doing here. "Great, turns out I'm trespassing. That's wonderful. I think I'm lost. Honestly that's my best guess. I can't seem to really make out where I am. As for what I'm doing here, I think the best answer to that question that I can give is 'trying not to die.' Is that acceptable?"

He sincerely hoped it wasn't a mistake to keep talking to the thing before him. It was vaguely humanoid, almost looked like a person if you where in just the right light. But it couldn't be. There were no people here. Alex was hallucinating, and as he knew from experience, people weren't people in his hallucinations.

He took a step towards the creature. He figured he might as well try and get through this quickly. "Look, I would rather like to get some sleep and not continue this bizarre daydream or whatever it is. Now then, since the rabbit doesn't seem to be in a helpful mood, might I ask if you can point me in the direction I need to go in order to get out of this place?"

A blue caterpillar next to his feet shook its head solemnly. Had he made a wrong choice? Was this thing out to kill him? Well that wasn't good. He shifted his posture, tried to appear menacing. He hoped that would work.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

The guy just... went on and on.

Apparently he thought he was getting upset because he was trespassing? Bullshit. He was getting upset because there were people killing each other and a bunch of people were dead and his sister was running around with a murderer and there might be someone stalking him and he was just standing there acting weird and-

... Rabbit. The rabbit is not in a good mood.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Okay, this fuckhead was clearly out of his mind. Seriously. He was going on about rabbits and daydreams and reality. What? What was he looking at here? Was this guy seriously telling him a rabbit had been talking to him? Okay, so Cisco was going on about a person named Death who may or may not be stalking him, and now this guy was talking about a rabbit. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

Okay, so now what?

He watched as this Alex guy posed himself in a "Don't fuck with me" manner, as if trying to scare him off. He... he had really lost it. He was too far gone, and... and... oh god.

He was dealing with yet another psycho, yet another delusional fool, yet another potential homicidal maniac. Joy.

Remy scowled. Okay, so he was dealing with someone who might react not-so-well over the next few seconds. Might as well play his game.

"Look, there are plenty of houses around here. I'm sure you could... gee, I dunno, rest in those?" he said, his voice starting to sound paranoid and scared once more.

Oh god, please just go away and not see him again and not turn out to be murderous and just do whatever and let him find someone who wasn't out of their mind and just... please. Go.
Lord_Shadow†

Post by Lord_Shadow† »

Somehow this wasn't going at all his way. Whatever that thing was, and he still wasn't sure what it was, it was getting agitated. At least it wasn't outright hostile yet. Another flash before came before his eyes. He squinted and tried to make out what was before him. He could have sworn there was a person standing before him.

But not anymore. He squinted harder. Nope. The only thing there was the monster. And Alex couldn't help the feeling that one way or another, he was going to have to fight it sometime. And something told him that time was now. As in, right now.

"You're hallucinating. Whatever is really there, it's going to try and kill you. Everything is out to kill you. There's only one solution. Kill them before they kill you."

Wherever that voice was coming from, Alex couldn't help but agree with it. All he needed was a weapon. That's right. That was the whole reason he was in this mess. The skies darkened. Light slowly faded from the area. The shadows came out to play.

That was his salvation. The shadows could be his weapon. He smiled, grinned really. "No. I don't need rest. I need safety." He held out his hand, and the shadows formed a blade for him to use. A flash of light came, and he saw his hand was empty. That was wrong.

The light faded. The real world, the shadows returned. He looked at the other being. "Safety comes when everyone else is dead. You might be a threat. You have to die."

The weapon it had posed no threat. He would just slash the damn thing to ribbons. There was no way for him to lose. He was a player. He had a weapon. This was real. He knew it was real. The shadows told him so.

"DIE!!!" He yelled as he ran towards Remy.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Don't need rest, need safety?

Sounded reasonable enough. But something about how he said that made him uncomfortable. It didn't sound right...

Wait...

"Safety comes when everyone else is dead"?

Oh fuck no.

Remy's eyes widened. Okay, this guy was not only out of his gourd and apparently hallucinating little bunny rabbits talking to him, but he was clearly homicidal after all. Oh god, please god fuck no.

And suddenly, the guy burst towards him.

Remy found himself frozen on the spot as the guy swiftly ran towards him. Oh god fuck why why why why why was this happening why please god fuck no.

"N-no.... stay back!" he found himself yelling.

He could fight him off, could he? He had a weapon. He could easily get rid of this douche. Was that right? He could fight him off, and go about his way. Easy, right? Simple, easy, whatever. He had that knife, it was sharp, he was surprised he hadn't cut himself with it, he had previously tried to kill Cisco with it, he could defend himself, right? Right? Right?! He wasn't weak, he was strong. He was supposed to be strong. It was what people wanted from him, of course. He was supposed to defend himself here, to be the one to defeat his attackers. No one was coming to save him. That was a fact, pure and simple. It wasn't as if he was going to be saved. That sister of his was probably just like the fucking rest of them by now. Same went with everyone else on this island that he cared about.

The guy was increasingly getting closer. Closer and closer and closer and closer and-

He wasn't going to let him take his life.

Soon the guy was almost close to him.

And instinctively he lifted his knife to defend himself, poised to strike at the guy only a few steps away. He wasn't going to die at the hands of some sicko.
Lord_Shadow†

Post by Lord_Shadow† »

The smell was the first thing he noticed. The sight was the second. Fear. Fear permeated the entire area. It overwhelmed his senses. His opponent was frozen with it. Alex couldn't help but smile wider and wider as he inched closer and closer.

In a few moments it would all be over. He'd have his first real kill, and he would secure his position as a player in the game. It was almost too easy.

The fool before him probably thought he'd come out of this alive. What nonsense. There was no escape. Just before he reached his prey, another flash of light through the darkness came.

And it revealed a knife in his opponent's hand. He ignored that revelation. What he found difficult to ignore was the fact that his blade of darkness seemed to have disappeared. He was striking with his bare hands.

Surely that had to be a lie. There was no way that could be true. Or else, he would die. But he surely couldn't die, could he?

No time to think about that. He had closed the distance. Whatever happened, happened.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

And suddenly, he was very deadly close.

He could fight him off. No big deal.

He could stab this fucker's ass, right?

Right...

Right?!

The guy was smiling. Remy could see that he was smiling at the very idea of killing him, even in his state of fear. But you know what? He wasn't going to get that opportunity. Nope. Why would he let him? Why, he wasn't going down without a fight. It wasn't going to end right here right now.

And without thinking, he struck once he was close enough.

Stab.

He only vaguely remembered hitting his target. He only vaguely remembered feeling something warm and wet on his hand. He only vaguely remembered pulling his hand away, and seeing a flash of red on his knife.

And suddenly, he found himself spinning around and running the other way. He wasn't sure if the guy was following him, but he wasn't taking any chances. Remy could hear a voice behind him, though

"Once again, good morning, kids! I feel like we're really getting to know each other now, in a way..."

He didn't even stop to listen to it, though. Some part of him knew it was the announcements, but he really didn't give a damn.

Really, the only thing he was focused on was survival.

((Remy Kim continued in Eep.))
Lord_Shadow†

Post by Lord_Shadow† »

Alex's eyes widened in disbelief. The world of shadows, the images conjured by his mind in his state of sleep deprived insanity suddenly vanished. A surge of adrenaline filled his whole body. He was suddenly very, very aware of his situation.

The little monster before him: wasn't. It was a boy. Another student. A guy with a knife. A knife that was now embedded in Alex's throat, just under his chin. "No." It was the only word that came to him. And it was given mentally, as he was no longer able to speak.

He gurgled as Remy pulled the knife out, turned, and ran. He just left him like that. Bastard didn't even bother to finish him off. That was unacceptable. He... he wasn't supposed to die like this.

He collapsed onto the ground. He desperately struggled to stop the bleeding. He was supposed to be a player. He was supposed to have a weapon. This was some sort of sick joke.

Danya had fucked him over for a laugh. Gave him, gave him a useless box of caffeine pills as a weapon. What the hell was that? All his planning, all his scheming to get a real weapon and play the game, for naught.

He had run like a coward when the odds were against him, time and time again. Only now he couldn't run. Now he was going to die. But... perhaps not. Remy didn't stick around to finish him. His wound was bad, maybe even fatal, but he was still alive for the moment. He... might even be able to at least give himself an honorable death. A proper send off in to the next world. One worthy of a hunter like himself.

He dragged himself across the ground. He just had to reach the first aid kit in his daypack. Maybe he might make it if he just had the time. It was so far away. So far away and he was getting so woozy, so cold.

NO!

He couldn't just give up like that. He was the hunter. Everyone else was the prey. Alex had to push on. Come on old boy, you can do it!

Still so far away. The daypack was a world away, but Alex wasn't going to let that stop him. Danya's announcement had come on, Alex hadn't been paying attention. It was meaningless to him. Why should he care about the listing of the dead?

"Also, stay out of the Inland Woods (Still. You shouldn't be there right now anyways), the Ranger Station, and the Residential Area, including the Town Center..."

Oh god. Danya only announced location names when he was marking dangerzones, right? That meant... that meant that right now Alex was in...

He mustered the last of his strength. Screw the first aid kit. He just had to crawl out of here before his collar blew. Bleeding out was better than having his face blown to bits. If death was inescapable at least he'd choose how to die.

But it was no use. He had no idea how large the dangerzone area was. Not that it mattered. There was no way he would make it out crawling to freedom.

His gurgling intensified, as he desperately tried to crawl to safety, somewhere, anywhere. The look on his face was sheer panic. He ignored everything else but his drive to survive. The increasing numbness and loss of sensation in his body, the sounds of the animals... and his collar, the thoughts of impending doom.

He could do it. He would. Alexander Seymour would not die like-

There was an explosion. The boy who had been Alexander Seymour was reduced to a headless corpse.

MALE #126: ALEXANDER SEYMOUR - DECEASED

While the wildlife didn't really stray far from the woods, there were those curious little individuals who took the risk and ventured beyond the safety of their homes. One such brave animal was a little rabbit. Just exploring, for who knows what reason.

It hopped into the Residential Area. A bloody corpse lay before it, motionless, still. The rabbit didn't give it so much as a second thought. No food here. The little bunny hopped along, exploring.

Return to “The Residential Area”