He's So Fine And Different

Scarlett and Henry; also open to anyone else

Here is where the dance itself takes place. The dance is being held in the school gym, which has been decorated in the theme of the dance: Cosmic Space Adventure! Numerous chaperones are present, and there is nary a private space to be seen. Due to this, no private threads are allowed! This forum covers everything from the start of the dance to when students exit.
Primrosette

He's So Fine And Different

Post by Primrosette »

((Scarlett McAfee continued from The Spinster and the Bachelor))

Scarlett let out a squeal of excitement as she and Henry walked into the dance hall and she could see that a lot of people were dancing. Dancing! She wanted to join in but she was kind of starving. She and Henry had planned not to get any dinner before the dance as they both didn't want to be full. She glanced over at some people who near the refreshment table. Was that Alessio stuffing his face in with food? She giggled. That was a bit cute. She thought that she should tell Henry that they could go over there to get something to eat together. She was also a bit thirsty. She definitely needed a drink.

She had been unsure about her dress that she had chosen to wear. She had brought a reddish-pink dress that only went to her knees and it was sleeveless so her arms felt like they were naked. She really wanted to impress Henry. Was she trying too hard? She was also wearing some black shoes because she didn't have anything else to match her dress color. She had put on some make-up. Her lips were ruby red and she had put some dark blue eyeliner on. She didn't bother with anything else. She wasn't a professional with make-up so she hoped that she did an okay job on her face. She had also straighten her brown curly hair to make it look more presentable. She also had a single hairclip on either side of her head with a red rose decorations on them. She thought they looked really pretty so she risked putting them on. Did Henry think that she looked good? He hadn't said anything about her appearance yet. But she also hadn't said anything about what he was wearing. She didn't want to say anything first. She needed to keep positive. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Henry either.

Scarlett was holding Henry's hand as they had walked in and she squeezed it a little to get his attention. "Hey, Henry. All of this really looks amazing, doesn't it?" She then pointed towards where the refreshment table was with her free hand. "Would you like to go over there to get something to eat first before we have some fun?"    
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Espi

Post by Espi »

Space.

The Final Frontier.

These are the lines that opened the original Star Trek, saying something about its mission and how grandiose it was and then they said that really dramatic line everyone remembered. Henry thought space was really cool, with the whole, 'random stuff like diamond planets and black holes and alcohol clouds' part and the 'unfathomable hugeness' and stuff. It was full of interesting things! Well, technically it was a vacuum, but arguably even vacuums contain stuff but anyway, there might be aliens in space! It was awesome. But as a theme for a prom? Seemed odd. Not very romantic, or 'fun' or anything 'normal' high school kids would be into.

In other words, Henry thought it was freaking awesome!

Plus, he was with Scarlett, who was really cool and seemed really excited! She looked really nice too, and she was holding his hand which was...pretty nice! Holding hands was cool, kissing was overrated. Henry looked over at her and smiled. He was really glad he'd asked her to ask him to come with her. This was going to be lots of fun!

"I think it's cool, yeah!" Henry beamed at Scarlett. The decorations were simple, yeah, but they weren't going to be crazy-fancy or anything. He was starving, though. "Yeah, food sounds good!"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett grinned more as Henry agreed to get something to eat with her. "Okay! Maybe we can have some of the punch as well!" She was being very enthusiastic as they wandered over to the table to get some snacks. "I definitely think this is going to be a fun time tonight!"

Scarlett turned to look towards the people having a blast while they were dancing. She couldn't wait to dance as well. She really wanted to get her groovy on. She didn't really approve of the music that was playing. But she guessed she could try to get used to it. It really wasn't that big of a deal. She could see a few familiar faces. Irene and Noah. Brendan and Alba. Alvaro and.... She wasn't sure who that girl was.

"This is pretty cool! I like how they set everything up here." She glanced back at Henry and she still had a bright smile on her face. "Is this how you imagined things would look, Henry?"
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Espi

Post by Espi »

Henry grinned back at Scarlett. "*I had no expectations whatsoever, so!" He paused. That didn't really answer the question, did it. Whoops! "Er, that is, I didn't really know what it'd look like. It is nice, though!" Henry smiled as he started pouring himself a glass of punch.

He took a deep drink from the punch. Mmm, that was good. He hadn't realized how thirsty he was, but this was very refreshing. He swallowed, then looked at Scarlett.

She seemed really happy to be here, which made Henry smile. Happiness was nice; even if it was just chemical reactions and all, it felt nice, and it felt nice to make other people happy.

That was getting kind of serious and philosophical, though. Tonight, fun times! Henry took another sip of punch and asked, "Anything in particular you'd like to do, milady?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was relieved that Henry seemed to like how everything was set up. She had been worried that he might have not like how everything turned out. But things were going well. She was smiling like crazy and she was looking forward to have a great time with Henry. Although, she did was a little snack first. She was starving and she didn't want to dance on an empty stomach.

She took a step closer to the table and she poured herself a cup of punch. She was hoping that it would taste good. "I'm glad that you like how this place looks. It's pretty impressive." She took a sip from her cup and she smiled more. "Oh, this is very tasty. I like how sweet this is."

She turned back to the table and she picked up a granola bar. She was only going to have something small to eat. She put down her cup and she opened up the wrapper. She then took a bite out of the bar. It was more delicious than she thought it would be. She didn't eat with her mouth open as she thought that would be very rude to do in front of Henry.

She gazed over at some other students and she almost choked when she saw Aidan. She didn't think he would come to the dance. Great. Okay, Scarlett. You just have to ignore him. You don't even like him. Scarlett coughed a little and she cleared her throat. Just breathe and calm down.

"Uh.... I would like to.... to dance with you, Henry!" She forced herself to smile and not to let herself get bothered by Aiden's presence. "I mean, after I finished my bar. O-of course!"
[+] V7
Espi

Post by Espi »

Dancing!

Henry grinned at Scarlett. She wanted to dance, and he would be glad to! Dancing was a lot of fun and was good exercise, though he wasn't one to get all sweaty and gross. Still that was the price one paid for aerobic activity. And it was pretty cheap, too; free, assuming you didn't ruin your clothes.

As Henry began to dance, the upbeat song got him even more excited. He tried to emulate a few styles, but ultimately settled on jumping up and down while karate-chopping on front of him.

It looked ridiculous. But it was fun!
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

As Scarlett was finishing up her bar and she put the wrapper in a nearby trash bin; she couldn't help but smile and laugh cheerfully at seeing Henry dance. He wasn't a great dancer but she was just glad to see how much fun he was having. At least it was taking her mind off of Aiden. She grinned as she moved forward to join Henry on the dance floor. She was ready to have a great time.

She started to move along to the music as Henry continued to do his dance moves in front of her. "Awesome moves, Henry!" She was chuckling happily with a big smile on her face. She did a quick twirl and tapped her feet from side to side. She wasn't sure what to do with her arms yet.
[+] V7
backslash

Post by backslash »

((Min-jae Parker continued from Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time))

Yep, this was fine. Toootally fine. Everything was under control. Jae had a plan, and that plan was as follows:

Step 1: Find Scarlett McAfee.
Step 2: Throw Scarlett McAfee into the dumpster behind the school gym, where she belonged.
Step 3: Crisis averted, enjoy the rest of the night with Hazel and Henry.

Hazel was currently the hangup in the plan, actually, because he really did want this to be a good, fun thing for both of them and rushing her out of the car and into the gym on some manhunt wasn't exactly productive towards that end. He hoped he didn't seem too impatient - or, if he did, he half-hoped that there really was some impending crisis for him to intervene in so she'd see that he'd been right. She'd given no indication that she thought he was just making bullshit up out of thin air, of course, but he could tell that she wasn't completely sold on all the potential evils of Scarlett McAfee either.

Pulling Hazel by the hand - not hard, he didn't want to hurt her, but firmly - Jae made a beeline right for the dance floor once they were inside, ignoring the refreshments and photographers for now. He took note of his surroundings in half-processed glimpses. There was Nadia and some other guy from the art club taking pictures, there was a group of wallflowers, there was Brendan Harte of all people dancing with a girl, proving that genuine miracles did happen every once in a while.

There was Henry and oh god what was he doing what were those dance moves, Henry please.

He looked good, though, in his uniquely Henry way. Scarlett was there too, of course, and she looked... alright, he guessed. She wasn't completely offensive to his eyes, at least, but most people besides Oskar Pearce accomplished that on a daily basis without trying so that wasn't exactly a point in her favor.

Jae came to a stop next to them, safely out of range of Henry's karate-chopping action or whatever he was doing. He kept a loose grip on Hazel's hand, partly to help resist the urge to cross his arms and loom over them forbiddingly.

"Hey."
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Espi

Post by Espi »

Dancing was a nigh-omnipresent cultural phenomenon all over the world, as early as 9000 years ago (was there an internet thing about that? Probably). Henry was aware enough that he was hardly a master of the craft, but he was enjoying himself thoroughly, and Scarlett's delight made him smile.

Oh hey, there was Jae and some girl! Didn't she have a color name too? Yeah, she was Hazel!

Henry paused himself mid-motion, then righted his posture so as to assume proper conversational positioning. "Hey man, how's it going?" Henry grinned. Jae was a great guy. He could be temperamental, but Henry didn't mind that. And he was nice to Henry and they were friends as a result.

"You guys having fun? There's drinks and stuff. Me and Scarlett were just dancing, you wanna join us?" Henry looked over at Hazel. He didn't know much about her, but she was really pretty. Beauty had no connection to personality, he couldn't help but note. But if Jae liked her, she couldn't be that bad, right?

"Also hi Hazel? Are you with Jae? Well, not with-with unless you are. I mean, if you are that's cool. He's cool. Yeah." His smile became a bit more awkward as he trailed off.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was surprised to see Jae coming over to her and Henry with a girl. Hazel Jung if she remembered right. There really was too many people to remember at the school. She was amazed that Jae actually had a date! She stopped dancing after Henry had so she wouldn't look so awkward herself and she smiled brightly at Hazel and Jae. Henry was asking if the two of them would like to dance with him and her. Scarlett actually was thinking that would be more fun! Two couples dancing together would make this night even better.

"Hi, Jae. Hi, Hazel. You two look very sweet together." Scarlett was being truthful to them and she hoped that she wasn't making them feel uncomfortable. Because if they weren't dating then..... She would feel really embarrassed. "I agree! You two should join us for a dance. It would be more fun together. You look really pretty, Hazel."
[+] V7
backslash

Post by backslash »

((GMing of Scarlett in this post approved by Prim))

Jae was almost distracted by the compliments thrown their way by Henry and Scarlett. Almost. He filed them away in memory to be pleased about later, once he was sure the situation was fully in hand.

"Yeah, sure, dancing. In a minute. I need to talk to you," Jae fixed Scarlett with a glare, "about something for a minute. Come over here." Without waiting for a response, he took her by the elbow and dragged her over to the nearest unoccupied corner. There was some teacher loitering nearby, but the two of them didn't attract much attention.

Before Scarlett could ask what he wanted, Jae leaned down and hissed in her ear. "Don't say anything. I don't want to hear it. Just know that if this is some kind of prank, some joke for you and your little friends to laugh about how you asked the weird kid out, I. Will. Destroy you. If I hear so much as a peep from anywhere in this school about Henry being the butt of your joke, I will make your life a fucking living hell. I don't care if you think you're just having fun. I don't give a shit about you or your fun or your feelings at all. You just keep that in mind."

Jae straightened up, expression stony. "Got it?" He waited for Scarlett to nod before turning on his heel and stalking back to the dance floor where Hazel and Henry were still standing. He might have to apologize to Hazel for just abandoning her like that, Henry's... Henry-ness could be hard to deal with if you weren't used to it. Hell, it could be hard to deal with even if you were, he knew that well enough.

By the time he returned to his starting point, his face was mostly neutral again. "Sorry about that, just needed to clear some things up. So. Dancing." He wasn't sure he was actually up for dancing, that Hazel's decision more than it was his, but he'd deal with it if she wanted to.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."

Return to “At the Dance”