Night of Magic

Open

This is for the dance itself! Aurora's Prom takes place at a large event center about four miles from Aurora High rented by the school specifically for the night, on Saturday, May 19, 2012. The theme is Moonlight Serenade. As Prom is a large event in an enclosed space, making privacy somewhat difficult to attain, NO PRIVATE THREADS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM. This forum can cover anything from the arrival at the dance to when students leave.
jimmydalad

Night of Magic

Post by jimmydalad »

"Why am I even here..." Aria said quietly to himself as he arrived at the venue and swiftly moved towards one of the corners, hoping that he didn't get too much attention for his suspicious movements. He felt very much out of his comfort zone here, probably owing to the fact that this was a social gathering and Aria was not a social butterfly. He was more like a wallflower.

It was odd how out of place he felt here. Though it was prom night, something that he should be excited about, the fact that he only recently moved to America gave him an odd feeling of isolation. It was as if he was intruding on a party he wasn't invited to. He didn't recognize a lot of people here and it only made Aria feel worse as he sat in the corner of the event center.

What he was wearing was very bland and simple. It was clear that not a lot of thought was put into it as he only went with what was conventional and didn't try to think out of the box. Aria sported a simple black suit and a plain, black and white striped tie that didn't stand out too much. All of it was second hand, originally coming from his father. He didn't mind the fact that it was second hand. He didn't really care about what he wore at all. All he had to do was follow the dress code and he'd be allowed in.

His parents insisted that he should go to prom tonight, even without a date. Not that he cared too much. It wasn't as if he was interested in anybody from Aurora High right now. In any case, the prom might provide an outlet for him to meet other people as well. He really should look at this as an opportunity to make friends, but right now Aria was suffering from a whole bunch of nerves.

He was not good around large crowds of people. Small groups were fine and while he did find one-on-one chats to be awkward at times, Aria didn't feel too far out of his comfort zone. The problem with large crowds was that Aria began to feel really self conscious about how he acted and became very hesitant to do anything, out of fear of being scrutinized by people. He instinctively crossed his arms over himself as he tried to remain inconspicuous for now. He did not want to talk to someone yet. He wanted to feel at ease. Right now, he was anything but that.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Riki

Post by Riki »

[Joachim Lovelace: Prom Start]

This is so boring....

Large Crowds, Music and Dancing, Talking with a lot of people.
Joachim is not particulary fond of these things. It is not because he is shy. He usually doesn't feel like having conversations with people he doesn't know and tries to avoid them most of the time. However, a trend has been visible for the last few months. The boy has begun to take interest in other people and finally started to make contacts. Despite that, Joachim still felt no need for prom, unlike his parents, who urged, or better to say, forced him to go to prom.

His hands passed over his black suit. Money is spare in the Lovelace family, so his clothing is second hand. Unfortunaly, it is also too small for Joachim, making it difficult for him to move freely. Not that it matters, he just wanted to sit somewhere in the corner. Searching for a place to stay relatively alone, Joachim entered the prom hall.

The hall itself was beautyful. "Moonlight Serenade" was a good theme, the blue that filled the hall appealed to Joachim's sense of beauty. Checking out the hall, Joachim soon came to the realisation that he will find no quiet place, untill a movement in the corner of his eye caught his attention. Appearently another boy was not into much conversation either and fled into a corner. Joachim rested his eyes on him and thought. He was here for another few hours, and he had nothing with him to entertain himself. Thus he decided to check the boy out.

Upon getting closer, he identified the boy as someone totally unknown to him. Joachim never noticed someone like that, making his interest slightly greater.

"Excuse me," said Joachim, standing 20 Feet away from the boy, "but why are you... I mean, how are you? Is this not a nice prom?"
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

[Stephanie McKinney, prom (and pregame!) debut.]

Stephanie had never been one to lack in confidence and in her bright red dress and stiletto heels- the latter admittedly borrowed from her cousin- she was hardly inconspiculous as she teetered across the hall, throwing her arms around everyone within reach to take photos for her Facebook album. Though she was determined to enjoy herself, she also took it upon herself to make sure that everyone else was having a good time as well. She had danced for a while, because she was practically required to dance to Party Rock Anthem and Bad Romance at least, but stopped as soon as she felt her feet start to ache and the beads of sweat on her brow to cool off. After all, no one would want to associate with a sweaty mess this time of night.

She kicked off her heels by one of the tables, along with her scarf, and ran back to take photos of the dancers for a while. When capturing the awkward shuffling of the Aurora Student Body grew boring, she made her rounds of the hall, taking to the people who had thusfar been anti-social; There were mixed results, to say the least. She heard the word 'bitch' at least three times, but she didn't let it get her down. Tonight, she was the happiest person in the building. With a warm smile plastered on her face and her digital camera- a Panasonic Lumix, her birthday present to her father- hanging loosely from her wrist, she approached a couple of boys who thought they could hide in the corner.

Stephanie wasn't letting anyone hide in the corner on her watch.

"Hey, you two!" She said, waving her free arm. "Aria and Joachim, right? I'm trying to take photos of everybody. Do you guys mind moving out a little? The corner has crap lighting."

She smiled, politely, and looked through the viewfinder.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

He heard a boy's voice and instinctively looked away in an effort to try to ignore him. He really didn't want to talk with someone right now. Maybe if he found Lahela or once he got more comfortable then maybe he would go and chat with everyone. But no, he had to be noticed by some person he barely knew. It was for that reason that he pretended he didn't hear him. He was still 20 feet away from him, he could say he didn't hear him if he asked later. It was quite a far distance anyways so he could probably get away with it.

However, he couldn't pretend to ignore the presence of Stephanie McKinney, who was making her way towards, waving at them and acting as if she was friends with them. She couldn't be farther from the truth. Aria found her to be one of the most annoying kids in the book club. Loud and obnoxious, her obviously fake red hair was off-putting and in general, Aria just found her to be really really unpleasant to be around. After all, she liked Twilight. That was enough to get into his "People I Should Stay Away From" list.

He groaned to himself as Stephanie asked him to get out of the corner, the corner he was getting comfortable in. No way was he budging from his place. He did not want to dance right now nor did he want to do anything remotely related to socializing at the beginning of the night. He wanted Lahela. He wanted to feel comfortable first before foraying into the social field. Then again, he probably would just choke again.

"I-It's ok Stephanie. I-I really don't need photos right now." Aria tried to say politely, doing his best to hold back the annoyance that was desperately trying to break out. No, he did not want to take a photo with her. No he was not going to leave his space. And there was no way in hell that Aria was going to have a decent conversation with a girl who proudly supported Team Jacob.

He'd much rather burn her with fire. At least then there would be one less stupid person in the world, even if the teachers liked her. Twilight was just that terrible. The only way she could be worse was if she liked Justin Beiber or One Direction. That would be the final straw for him.
[+] Version 7

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Riki

Post by Riki »

No reaction.

Do you really think I'll fall for this?

The guy turned from Joachim the moment he noticed him. It was obvious for the slim boy that he was ignored. This did not help Joachim to get into the right prom mood. No, it even angered him. However, before Joachim could say something, he was interrupted by Stephanie McKinney.

Aria was probably the boy ignoring him. Surprisingly, Joachim seemed to recall that name. Somewhere, he already heard it. Somewhere, he probably has already seen the dark-skinned boy.

After thinking hard about the name, it suddenly clicked in his mind. Aria Samuels, member of the book club, but someone so shy and introverted that Joachim barely noted him. A shadow on the wall, who probably has no friends. Something not very odd, given how he even ignores attempts to start a friendly conversation. If not for Stephanie, Joachim would leave him by immediately.

Slowly moving a few steps towards Stephanie, he began to smile politely. He isn't very interested in photos and Stephanie's rather loud entrance wasn't helping. It is not that Joachim does not like the girl. She was just not someone he enjoys to spend time around. The taste in books she has isn't the same as Joachim's either, but Joachim did not see the need to look down at her for liking Twilight. Each it's own, they say. Turning his face to Aria, scowling on him, he got an idea.

Joachim Lovelace was certainly a nice and calm guy. Ignoring him without a good excuse, however, is not acceptable. Swiftly moving to Aria, he put his smile on again. Accompied by fake laughter, he yelled:

"Great, we'll go into the light. We need to have a nice photo, don't you think..." What was his name again? Ah, yes, Aria!"...Aria? A nice memory for such a nice evening?"

If this does not force Aria into interacting with him, then God knows what does.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Rachael Langdon's Prom continued from A Balcony Scene))

Rachael's grip tightened around her clutch. She was actually here. She never really thought she would go to Prom, but she was actually standing at the entrance of the dance hall. It was a bit overwhelming. The Moonlight Serenade theme was really lovely, and the hall had a certain energy to it. Rachael could swear she was getting goosebumps on her arms.

Wow. This is real.

Rachael looked over at her date. She and Daniel went from her home to a nice Italian restaurant before heading to the Prom location. It was a nice dinner, just a Caesar salad and bread sticks for her. Part of her was worried about eating too much or getting any food on her dress. The other part was worried about being too awkward with her date. Then there was a part of her that found it strange to call Daniel her date. She actually agreed to go out with him after he bared his soul to her.

I guess Daniel and I just go out on the floor and dance. I'm sure I can dance to this song. Right? Shoot, I hardly know any dance moves. Uh.............oh!

Rachael peered across the dance hall and saw a few people she recognized from Book Club. Aria Samuels, Joachim Lovelace, and Steph McKinney. Aria and Joachim were a lot like Rachael in terms of shyness and quietness. However, they could contribute if they were inspired to. Book Club was their way to really stand out and be comfortable around others. Steph didn't have any issues with standing out. She was definitely a loud character in the club, something that had been discomforting to Rachael at times. Still, Steph wasn't a terrible person, so Rachael simply let it be.

"Hey, let's go see how they're doing," Rachael said to Daniel.

Rachael made her way across the floor and approached the trio near the corner.

"Hi guys. How are you?"
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

[[Daniel Whitten's Prom: Continued from A Balcony Scene ]]

Man, the dance hall looked so... danceful? If you boiled a prom into its purest, most magnificent form, it'd probably look something like this. Not that Daniel was without bias, of course. If you asked any young man, going to Prom with their crush at their side, they'd probably have the same response. Dinner had been rather nice, if a bit light. He and Rachael'd had a rather nice conversation, and the atmosphere had been peaceful. The perfect precursor to the main event.

Speaking of the main event, Daniel looked a bit nervously at the dance area. He hadn't the slightest idea about how to dance. Maybe Rachael knew? If he just followed her lead and avoided tripping he'd probably be okay. Of course, there was also the perfectly likely possibility of neither of them having a clue, leading to exponential awkwardness. It didn't help that he barely knew most of this music. Daniel rarely, if ever, listened to mainstream radio.

Rachael pointed out a small group of book club dudes across the room, and suggested going over to talk for a bit. Daniel nodded. "Sure!" Aria, Joachim and Stephanie were all pretty cool people, though Steph's taste in literature clashed with his, at times. The two headed over to them. Rachael greeted them, with Daniel adding a quiet "Heya."
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

((Skipping Dom as he hasn't posted in forever. Sorry I haven't done this sooner.))

It seemed like there was going to be no way out of this mess. Great. A part of him had to inwardly groan as he was dragged out by Joachim unwillingly, with him mentioning something about making a nice memory of the evening. Yes, have a nice evening with the Twilight girl and him, sounded like a great night to him. Then again, maybe he should be more open to people, with the heavy emphasis on maybe.

Scanning the area around him as he was forced out of the corner by Joachim, he looked for any semblance of people he actually knew decently well, or more than he knew Joachim and Stephanie. While his main focus was to find Lahela, Aria wouldn't mind talking to Jason at this point either. As he continued to look around, he noticed that Rachel and Daniel from the book club were making their way towards the two of them, which was nice.

Aria was more familiar with the two of them than he was with Joachim and Stephanie. Rachel was quite a bit like him and he appreciated her contributions to the club while Daniel was also pretty cool. While they certainly weren't the best people he could ask for, they certainly were decent people to be around. He gave them a sheepish grin as they approached him, rubbing the back of his head.

"H-hey there Rachel, Daniel." Aria replied breathlessly, bowing his head a little in greeting before frowning at Joachim.

"I-I was having a decent night until Joachim and Stephanie over here dragged me out for a forced photo session." He then quipped, lightly elbowing Joachim in the chest as he turned back to face the other two who had just joined them.

"W-What about you guys? Y-You two are dating each other for the Prom, right? You m-must be having a good time then. I got stuck here alone." Aria commented a little grimly as he tried to shake himself out of Joachim's grip. Once he had succeeded, he dusted himself a little in order to get the dust off.

"N-Not that I mind too much though." Aria quickly added, blushing a little as he stayed rooted on the spot, crossing his arms over each other in front of him.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Riki

Post by Riki »

In hindsight, Joachim would consider his action as an overreaction, but that's the problem. It'd be in hindsight. Then again, it was very unfriendly to just ignore people, so maybe Aria shares a little bit of fault. Either way, it was very exhausting for Joachim to keep Aria in his arms, physically and mentally. His fake smile turned to an even hollower grin, he realized that he was going to regret this moment.

All of a sudden, he heard Aria greeting some other people. Joachim looked through the room, confused where these people came from. Eventually, he found Rachel and Daniel coming to them, but before he could greet them, he felt Aria jolting him in the chest. Joachim glared at Aria for this, and eased his grip on him. Aria managed to free himself then.

Sweat drops formed on his forehead. The heat in the hall, the uncomfortable suit, and this little ongoing incident weren't really cooling him. Joachim nodded at Daniel and Rachel to finally greet them, then looked in Aria's and Stephanie's face respectively.

"...excuse me, but I need to get something cold first."

Joachim didn't plan on returning that soon. Going to prom really turned out to be a bad idea, after all.

[Joachim Lovelace, continued somewhere else]
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Rachael gave a small smile as she greeted Aria, Stephanie, and Joachim. Aria had responded and mentioned being pulled in for a photoshoot with Stephanie and Joachim. Rachael simply nodded as she heard Aria explain this. She then noticed Joachim excusing himself to get a drink. She looked she noticed him leaving.

That's when Aria asked if she and Daniel were dating.

"W-well, yeah. He asked me, and I agreed to go. He's been quite the gentleman tonight," Rachael explained to Aria.

Rachael gave a quick cough.

"So, um, did you come with anyone?" she asked.

Return to “Prom”