Fashion Changes, But Style Endures

Here is where any preparations, last second date-seeking, or other stuff of that sort can take place. This forum covers events directly related to Prom from two days before the dance until the start of the dance itself.
BetaKnight

Fashion Changes, But Style Endures

Post by BetaKnight »

Rebecca gingerly rested on the edge of Logan's bed and ignored the urge to flop onto her back.  It simply wouldn't do to muss her hair and dress before she made it to the prom.  Although, at this rate, it was questionable whether or not they would *ever* make it to the fabled event.

Rising with a sigh, she smoothed her hands down the bodice of her dress and began to pace while Logan primped in the bathroom.  She tucked a strand of dark red hair behind her ear.  She still wasn't completely sold on the Romantic hairstyle Logan had picked out for her, especially since it had required some serious hair extensions thanks to her failed illusion with Leona.  Feeling a bit nervous, she toyed with the onyx and black glass bead choker she was wearing.  Rebecca felt a bit like she had escaped from a professional production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

Turning abruptly, the black tulle and sapphire blue satin of her skirt rustled as it brushed the corner of Logan's bed.  Marching down the hall towards the bathroom, Rebecca knocked on the door.  "I'm sure your hair is wonderful.  Please tell me you're almost ready.  It's been like half an hour!"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Logan tucked the tie he'd just tied into his black vest. He pulled the vest down, smoothing out any hint of a wrinkle. He viewed the addition to his outfit with a critical eye. The tie which had alternating diagonal stripes of blue, white, gray, and black, added just enough of an accent to prevent his outfit from looking like it matched to well with Rebecca. He grabbed some gel and ran it through his hair.

Finished, Logan reached for his black suit jacket just as a knock sounded on the door. He sighed and opened the door at Rebecca's statement. "Patience, my little cabbage blossom, you want to show up with the absolute best in arm candy do you not?" He slipped his jacket on and buttoned it, checking his appearance in the mirror one last time. "Besides, it was ten minutes at the most. We still have plenty of time."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Rebecca leaned against the doorjamb, a wry grin on her face as Logan checked his appearance once more.  "Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that I'm the one complaining about how long it's taking you to get ready?  Shouldn't this be switched around?"

She watched as Logan fussed with his hair a little more.  "You look fabulous.  I look...pretty good," she admitted as she played with beads on her choker.  "Now we just need to get to the dance so everyone can see the fruits of your hard work. So let's go!"

Backing out of the doorway, she began to head down the hallway.  Over her shoulder, she called out to him, "Cabbage blossom?  Really?"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"Nonsense, darling," he said reaching out and fluffing Rebecca's curls dragging some of them over her shoulder. "You look exquisite."

He followed her down the stairs and offered her a wide smile as she called him on his nickname. "And just what would you prefer, my apple blossom?"

When they reached the bottom of the stairs he smiled as his parents and sister came to meet them. He probably should have warned Rebecca about this, they'd done the same last year when he'd gone to prom with Ben. They'd done it any time he and Ben had gone to a dance. Ben had been unable to attend prom with Logan this year, the UDUB team was in Arizona for a three game series. They'd lost the first game in the series. Logan silently wished them well and then turned his attention to smiling and posing for the pictures.

Fifteen minutes later he managed to get Rebecca out the door. "Sorry about that, they both get over enthusiastic. My older brothers never let them do anything like that," he said opening the car door for her and offering her a hand to step into the vehicle.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Rebecca laughed as she took Logan's hand.  "Thank you," she said as she slid into the vehicle.  "I seem to have gotten the better deal here.  My parents were content with photos of me and a promise of a copy of one of those 'official' prom photos with the backdrop."

She fussed with her dress, settling into her seat.  Smiling at Logan, Rebecca reached for her seatbelt.  "So, my borrowed prince, shall we away to our ball?"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Logan smiled. "My mom loves to scrapbook, so she always wants to make sure she has the best pictures," he explained sliding into the driver's seat and fastening his seatbelt.

"We shall away, my sugar belle," he said. And just like that hey were on their way to prom.

((Logan Cadagon and Rebecca Kiesling continued in prom))

Return to “Before Prom”