New and Shiny [Oneshot]

Enter Gray Emerson

The area that feeds into Aurora High is representative of the ethnic and economic diversity that makes Seattle so unique. The architecture is varied, illustrating the growth and expansion that the city has undergone. Turning a corner can lead you from townhouses and apartments to quiet tree-lined streets of modest single-family homes, while the next turn might lead you to areas of much higher or lower property values. The unifying sight in the area is the herds of students who trudge to and from the school daily.
Deamon

New and Shiny [Oneshot]

Post by Deamon »

Music played softly from the speakers of the computer that had been left on an iTunes shuffle. In front of a monitor a screwdriver lay on the desk on top of books that should have been packed for school the next day. The occupant of the room was sitting cross-legged on the only chair in the room. He had his skateboard on his lap and was cutting the grip tape he had just stuck on the deck of the board with a razor so that it was the correct shape. He looked up once he had finished, checking the time.

He was impressed. It had taken him about 5 minutes. Now all he had to do was put the trucks back on and he'd be able to ride the board to school. He had laid out all the parts of the trucks in some semblance of order. Picking up the parts of the front truck he started to assemble it. He had done it so many times before it was almost natural too him now. His mind drifted to returning to school. I wasn't that he was worried about it, it was stupid to worry about something you couldn't control especially if it was the date school restarted.

He went back to screwing the back truck onto his board. He made sure it was slightly looser so that it absorbed more of the landing whenever he would jump it. He flipped the board over his hands a few times admiring his handiwork. It looked good, he'd made sure that this board would look good. New wheels, new trucks, new deck and a he'd made a custom grip tape design. He stood up and stretched his legs, while he preferred sitting cross-legged he'd sometimes get bad pins and needles. As he straightened up he felt his left knee lock into place.

He sighed, this was why he liked sitting cross-legged, and he couldn't lock his knee in place. Putting the board down he pushed on the back of his knee until it popped back into place. It had been like that since the accident, his knee would lock itself in place and he'd have to unlock it. Normally it would lock in place at the worst times, like during a race. It was annoying sometimes but it wasn't a big deal.

There we go.

He pushed the skateboard over to the foot of his bed and turned back towards his desk, he made it about two steps before tripping over his snowboarding boots. He forgot that he'd left them there. It was pretty crazy how much stuff relating to a sport involving a board he owned. It was more of a show of passion and commitment than anything else. Gray didn't really know any other hobby, he expressed himself through boarding. He couldn't imagine doing anything else in his spare time, maybe study a little. The thought then entered his head that he didn't remember what lessons he had tomorrow.

Oh well, I've probably got a timetable somewhere.

It'd be fine, in the end it always was.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD

Return to “The Neighborhood”