Tiger in the Night

Open

Located in the center of the first floor, this area is a large open space filled with rows of lockers, as well as tables, chairs, and benches. Most students come here repeatedly throughout the day, to retrieve or deposit books, food, love letters, and the like. The school takes a very dim view of decorations on the outside of lockers, so this space tends to appear rather dull.
Mimi

Tiger in the Night

Post by Mimi »

** Summer Simms, Start
On any given day, it wasn't unusual to find Summer Simms spending her free period flitting about the Student Center laughing and talking with whoever had a minute to spare and an open ear. She felt her best when socializing, after all. It was different today, though. It had been just two days since Naomi Bell had won the student election and Summer was still feeling it.  

Summer was not a competitive person, not in the least. Losing didn't bother her; she'd lost her share of spelling bees and dodgeball games, she was fine with losing—preferred it honestly, as she felt winners intimidated people. Politics were her kryptonite, however, and no matter how much she told herself that it wasn't personal, it always felt that way. She'd tried to tell herself it was just because Naomi was more fit to lead, that it had nothing to do with personal feelings, but the minute she saw people celebrating her victory her heart sank.

And though she'd clapped and cheered with the rest of them, Summer wished more than anything that the crowd would have comforted her rather than celebrate Naomi's victory.

Swallowing the bitter pill of jealousy and abandonment, she went to work removing her posters from the Student Center walls, the usual spark she radiated ever so slightly diminished as she tore down what was essentially her ego.

Nobody likes a downer though, which is why Summer Simms continued to wave and exchange bright smiles with friends as she swiftly erased any evidence that she had run at all.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

((Mallory McCormick continued from Chocolate Discococo))

Stupid math. I could be doing something fun. Or useful. Or usefully fun.

Mallory scowled at her math homework and tried to will it into doing itself. It didn't work.

Self-writing homework would be the best invention ever. Patent pending.

Being the good student that she was, Mallory started looking around for a way to procrastinate. As she stared around the room, she saw a girl pulling down posters. Autumn—no, wait. Summer. It said it on the poster that she was pulling down. That's handy.

There were still a fair amount of posters from student elections stuck around. She could help take them down. That would be useful and more fun than math. Well, nothing's worse than math, but point stands.

Mallory left her books on the table and walked over to where Summer was.

"I'll help with the posters. I don't like looking at them much anyway. All the... politicky things and such." Mallory started to take down a poster next to Summer's one. "There's probably several trees worth of these posters around, taking them all down would be a massive bitch-ass pain in the ass."
Aura

Post by Aura »

((Jake Mordetsky continued from Test Drive))

Jake wandered into the Student Center, still trying to build up the courage to talk to the other students.  Other than Alex and Zubin, Jake rarely, if ever talked while he was in school.  Heck, most of the other students probably wouldn't even recognize his voice if he did speak.  Still, he had a free period, so he might as well spend it trying to socialize, however likely it was to end in disaster.

He saw a girl taking down some posters.  They were the posters that Summer Simms used when she was running in the student election.  Jake couldn't remember what she ran for, but he did remember that she didn't win.  He deduced that Summer was probably the one taking down the posters.

Jake noticed another girl helping to take down the posters as well.  However, he had no idea who this girl was.  He didn't know most of the other students on sight other than his sister, his friends, and the extremely well-known students, such as star athletes.  Still, Jake figured that helping take down the posters was probably the polite thing to do.  Nervously, he approached the girls.

"Um... I could help with the posters.  I-I mean, only if you want me to..."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Francis St. Ledger continued from We Rule the School))

Francis still didn't like the student center. It was dull, grey and oppressive, with graffiti and stickers on the lockers the only colour that could normally be found. It was also where the "popular crowd" hung out, and Francis was still annoyed over his encounter with Miles a few days ago. Still, it was where Francis' locker was, so unless he wanted to carry all of his stuff around all the time, he had to visit the student center at least once per day.

That was the reason Francis was currently pushing through the throng clustered in the corridor, and making his way to the student center. He'd stored a couple of books there that he needed to pick up. Pushing open the doors, Francis felt an odd feeling of déjà vu. That encounter with Miles an' Travis and the rest started that way, didn't it? Damn, they'd better not have all camped out here, or somethin'.

To his relief, there were only a few people currently in the room. Most of them were either hurriedly finishing off homework, or removing stuff from lockers. Francis himself wandered over to his own locker. As he did so, he noticed the posters lining the walls, most of them about the recently finished Presidential campaign. Whilst Francis really hadn't cared too much about the campaign (especially seeing as he was pretty sure Miles had won his position), the posters had added a bit of much needed colour to the walls of the student center.

Francis noticed that a lot of the posters seemed to feature one Summer Simms. Summer was part of the whole popular crowd, along with Francis, but Francis liked her because she was friendly, sociable, good-looking and most importantly, not a massive bitch. Scanning the room, Francis saw that Summer herself was here too, pulling down a couple of her own posters. Oh yeah, that's right, she lost the election, didn't she? Shame. She was really enthusiastic 'bout the whole thing.

Summer wasn't the only person removing the posters from the walls. There were two other people who looked like they were helping her, both of whom Francis recognised. One was Mallory McCormick, one of the few girls he knew that played soccer. That was a huge plus in his books, even though the rest of the popular crowd seemed to dislike her. The other guy, Francis recognised, but didn't know his name. He was Stacey's younger brother, and was the complete opposite of her. As such, the poor guy was a massive target for her, and the other bullies of Aurora High.

Francis looked back at his locker, then back at Summer, Mallory and whatshisface. Francis shut his locker door, leaving his books inside, then walked over to the trio. He raised his hand in greeting, then stopped to vocally greet them. "Heya Summer, Mal, uh..." Dammit. He had no idea of Mordetsky's first name. It was something like James or Jacob, but Francis really wasn't sure.

"Uh... Jay, right?" It was a stab in the dark, but still better than just saying "Hey there you." Putting this awkward moment behind him, Francis turned to Summer. "You need any more help, Summer?" he asked. "The four of us together could get this whole room cleared in no time."
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

As she immersed herself in her admittedly monotonous task, Summer couldn't help but wonder what it'd been like had she won. She imagined herself in Naomi's position, poised to accept her station amongst the roars of approval by the graduating class. It seemed strange to her at the time, in the heat of the moment with a plethora of emotions fighting to surface, but Naomi was a rock; stoic in her win with only the smallest of smiles etched into her icy features. For moment, Summer envisioned herself acting different, maybe she'd cry or pull the whole 'you like me, you really like me!' thing. But it dawned on her quickly into her fantasy that that's all it'd be—acting. She'd gotten so accustomed to playing a part that it happened subconsciously now; just a quick flick of a switch and it was like she was a whole different person. Honestly, letting down the veil was beginning to get harder to do now than keeping it up.

If it weren't for Mallory McCormick, Summer would've surely drowned in her thoughts. The hum of the student center quickly rolled back in as she whirled to address Mallory, who'd already started on taking a poster down.

"Oh thank God," She laughed, softly placing a manicured hand on Mallory's shoulder and fighting the urge to wince at Mallory's colorful language. "I felt like I was drowning in these things. I mean, the last way I want to go out is in a pile of my own awkward smiles. You're saving my life right now."

Summer laughed once more, the girlish giggle she'd perfected over the years after a boy complimented her on in it in Freshmen year. Mallory wasn't someone she knew a lot about, talking to her only a few times throughout the year. She knew she played soccer and that her attention span was, in the nicest way possible, only matched by toddlers, but that was just about it. Which proverbial team she played for, if any at all, was beyond her, but, hey, Summer had always figured you couldn't go with a nice compliment and some human contact.

"Not into politics?" She asked as she returned to her poster, her delicate pulling of the corners in stark contrast to Mallory's quick, heavy handed manner, "It's not everyone's thing. There are times that I hate it more than I love it, to be honest."

Honest, she was not, as there was nothing Summer liked more than social politics.

It wasn't a second later that Jake Mordetsky approached them and offered his help, which Summer couldn't have been more happy about. Jake was shy, painfully so if you asked her. He wasn't terribly talkative, which the people in her group were quick to pick up on and, inevitably, mock him for. It didn't help that he was so small, Summer herself practically towering over the boy. But she had a soft spot for types like him. The quiet, tormented ones were easy to win over and she felt very much loved in the process. Just the idea of being someone's outlet or their only friend of sorts was appealing to her, as bad as it sounded.

"Please! That'd be awesome—I was just telling Mallory how I didn't want to drown in my own face. I mean, if I had to go out drowning in someone's face, I'd want someone better looking," There was that laugh again. Had her hands not been full of rolled up posters, Summer would have surely broken any personal space the boy had. "You're Stacey's brother, right? I think I saw you in the garage last time I came over. You were building robots or something, I think." She could see a flush passing over his features and quickly added, "Which is super cool! I wish I was that smart."

Summer smiled broadly when she saw Francis approaching behind Jake.While she hadn't been able to let her veneer down with her friends within the group, Francis was most assuredly the one who made her felt as if she could, not to mention his relaxed attitude calmed down a lot of their more rowdy friends. He was, most likely, the best influence in the group. It was just a shame more people didn't take a page from his book, especially when it came to how he treated people.

That said, he wasn't perfect, which was all too apparent when he flubbed Jake's name. Not wanting anyone, especially Jake, to be embarrassed she quickly chimed in;

"Jake! You're thinking of the Jay the Junior. I've never noticed how much he and Jake look alike! Help would be awesome, though. Trying to take stuff down with one hand it torture," To emphasize, she jostled the stack of posters in her left arm, "Would you be a doll and hold these for me pretty please?"
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Mallory nodded seriously as Summer said something about how being crushed by smiles would suck.

"Dying in an awkward smile avalanche would be one of the worst ways to go. That'd be like dying in an avalanche of... other awkward things? I dunno where I was going with that. But there was a point in there somewhere." Mallory grabbed another poster and tugged it down. "But nah, not into politics at all. Honestly, I drew pictures on my ballot. Didn't like the vice presidential candidates all that much, and I fell asleep during the actual president speeches. I mean, it was all 'blah blah blah.'"

At which point Mallory remembered that she was talking to one of the presidential candidates.

"I mean, your speech was probably good and all. I was just asleep by that point," Mallory added to the end.

As she pulled down another poster, a little guy approached and offered to help. After a few moments, Mallory recognised him as being the little brother of that grade-A bitch, Stacey. (Hm, why was it always easier to remember the names of the mean ones?) Though she had nothing against the little brother.

"Sure, grab some posters," Mallory said, waving a rolled up poster around as she gestured at the plastered walls. "Can never have enough poster-taker-downers."

As she waved the poster around, Francis also turned up. Francis was pretty cool, played soccer like whoa and was a pretty nice guy besides. At least he'd never called her a sasquatch, unlike some of the people he hung out with.

"What's up, Francis? And yeah, teamwork rules. Four of us together and nothing except a giant fire or something would stop us getting all these down." Mallory observed the wall for a moment, then added, "Of course, a giant fire would also get rid of the posters."

In response to the 'Jay-Jake' confusion of little guy's name, Mallory said, "Oh, warning, I'll probably muddle your name up. Also, you build robots? That's badass, even if they don't shoot lasers and shit like in the movies."
Aura

Post by Aura »

The girls seemed pleased that Jake wanted to help.  They weren't telling him to leave them alone or that he was a little weirdo, they just semed nice.  Jake was calmed down a little by the revelation.  He also now knew for a fact that the first girl was Summer Simms, as he remembered that she was one of his sister's friends.

Then another guy came in.  The new guy was tall and skinny, and Jake didn't have a clue who he was.  Then again, not knowing the guy's name wasn't much of a surprise to Jake, and neither was the guy getting Jake's name wrong.  Fortunately, Summer corrected him pretty quickly.  She also brought up the fact that he built robots, and the other girl seemed to notice pretty quickly.  Jake felt like they were trying to draw him into their conversation.  He meekly replied to their inquiry.

"Well, uh, I've only built one so far... but I might make another... someday..."

He almost regretted speaking immediately afterward.  What if they thought he was being too cocky or self-important?  What if they didn't care what he had to say?  Jake tried to expel the negative thoughts from his mind.  It was just a simple conversation.  They weren't expecting him to be the best conversationalist in the world.  He repeated that in his mind in order to make sure that he understood it.  There was no pressure to be perfect here.

As soon as he was done mentally berating himself, Summer asked if someone could hold her posters for her.  Jake raised his hand and replied softly.

"I'll do it if you want me to."
AtomicVandal†

Post by AtomicVandal† »

((Deborah Vickers, Start))

((Aura Master Fox and I have agreed on the shared past))

Deborah Vickers made her way into the Student center, sunk in her thoughts. She had been awfully distracted in that last period, and the notes she had taken were all but useable. Her mind was elsewhere. She was thinking about computers. Debbie had agreed to help her mother build a certain database of queries. It would help her business. However, the request had proven itself to be quite frustrating. Hunting bugs was a strenuous, distracting task. And Debbie herself had become quite obsessed with one of them.

She looked at her surroundings. There were some people taking down posters from the Student Council election. This was the place of choice for popular students to gather, and therefore one of the places that would have some kind of posters. Debbie opened her locker and stored her books before closing it. She needed a distraction from her computer-related grief. Debbie was aware she wasn't the most sociable or talkative girl. But this was the student center, and thus the best opportunity to meet new people, short of joining clubs.

There were two girls and two boys. One of such was Summer Simms, provided the posters didn't lie. She looked an outgoing, popular person with a decent amount of income, judging by her clothes. She also seemed to like leadership, if her intention to become a candidate in the student election was to go by. Debbie reasoned that sooner or later she would have to trade words with her. It was unavoidable.

The second girl was certainly different. Her looks and clothes gave the Debbie the impression she was a rather outgoing tomboy. Nevertheless she seemed well intentioned due to her eagerness to help the first girl. Debbie took notes on this. Her speech would need to be less elaborate and more direct when addressing that second girl.

One of the boys also seemed a sports type. He was a tall individual. His clothes looked rather functional, but elegant at the same time. He seemed rather sociable and well intended as well. Debbie thought that it would be best if she tried an extra effort to be amicable rather than polite.

And there was the fourth person. The second boy. He was shy. There was some talk about him making robots. He seemed clever. His clothes seemed to match the nerdy sort. And for some reason, Debbie was under the impression she had met him somewhere before. With a turn of her heels she advanced towards the lot, closing the distance for her to be able to talk with the assorted group. She put a hand on her hip and cleared her throat.

"It would be advisable to dispose of said posters by throwing them in the paper recycling bin."

That's it? Debbie, you suck! It sounded like you are chastising them!
Debbie cursed inwardly. No matter how she tried. She always sounded overly formal. And where she had seen the scrawny boy before? She gazed the boy up and down. He looked the type he had been picked on, and also the type that would befriend Junior.

...Wait.

Gears clicked in Debbie's mind. California. It was California when he had seen the boy. A business dinner between two families, the Vickers and the...

"...Mordetsky?" She said, her eyes slightly wide upon the realization. "Are you Mordetsky?" She added.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler AtomicVandal. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Thank God for Summer. Smiling broadly at Francis, she quickly informed him that the shyer Mordetsky sibling was called Jake. So he had been close, but still, not close enough. Francis hoped Jake wasn't too offended. He was about to offer an apology to the smaller boy, before Summer asked him whether he could hold the posters currently tucked under her left arm.

Francis turned his attention to Summer and, rather belatedly, returned her smile. "Yeah, sure thing, Summer. No problem" he said, holding out his arms for her to put the posters in. He then looked back over at Jake. "Oh, and uh, sorry Jake. No offence meant, or anythin'." There, hopefully that'll smooth things over.

Francis then turned his attention to Mallory, who was going on about something to do with fires. Apparently she was wondering aloud the pros and cons of a giant fire appearing in the student center. Francis couldn't help but chuckle slightly. That was Mallory in a nutshell; never afraid to speak her mind, no matter what thoughts she might currently be thinking. It was certainly refreshing, compared to some other people Francis knew.

"Whilst I'm sure a fire'd get this done quicker" Francis replied. "I'd much rather do this with my own two hands, thanks." Mallory then went on to mention that Jake apparently built robots. Francis guessed they were talking about that before he arrived, or something. It was certainly... different, that was for sure. It sounded like a lot of hard work, and way too difficult for Francis. That being said, it was definitely an interesting hobby.

"Robots, huh?" Francis said, vocalising his thoughts. "Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. Not sure I'd have the patience for it, though."

Francis heard footsteps behind him, and he turned round to see yet another person approaching the group. He vaguely recognised her, but again, couldn't exactly recall a name. All he knew was that she was kinda weird. She spoke and acted about fifty years older than she actually was. As if to demonstrate that, the girl put her hand on her hip, and suggested that they dispose of the posters in the paper recycling bin.

Francis stood with a half confused, half amused look on his face. He hoped the girl wouldn't notice, but she seemed to be preoccupied with Jake for some reason. Francis looked back at Summer and Mallory, somewhat lost for words.

"Err... okay. Sure. Whatever."
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Summer smiled gratefully as both boys offered to help lighten her load. Splitting her stack of posters into two bundles to hand off, she giggled softly at Mallory's joke, choosing to ignore the comment about falling asleep during the Presidential Speeches.

"Teamwork is power? I guess we could be Aurora's answer to the Planeteers? I'm not sure how happy Captain Planet would be with me wasting all these trees, though," She laughed and coyly added, "Mal would obvs' be the firebug. And Francis can be the one with the monkey—so long as I get to be the monkey."

She scrunched her nose at Francis in what she hoped was the cutest way possible and laughed once more, hoping her flirtation hadn't gone unnoticed. Francis was a cutie, for sure, and considering prom was right around the corner and she'd yet to be asked by anyone, it didn't hurt to put in some groundwork. Especially when girls around the school had had dates lined up for months, which didn't sit well with Summer, whom couldn't help but feel a little jealous that she wasn't anyone's first choice. Although, she couldn't exactly go with everyone and she was awful at saying no, so it may have been for the best.

Summer handed off a stack to Francis first and softly squeezed his arm to show her appreciation, but before she could hand the second to Jake, Deborah Vickers approached them and let them know where exactly the posters belonged. Summer didn't know much about Deborah, the latter having moved to Aurora the start of Senior Year. It wasn't the greatest first impression ever, but at least she liked recycling?

"Oh, yeah, of course! No use holding on to them anyway," She laughed, pulling her hair over her should with her free hand while flashing a bashful look at Francis, as if they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Truthfully, while she'd been embarrassed and a little hurt that she hadn't won, she wanted to keep the posters as something of a reminder. Maybe hang one on her wall or something so in the morning she'd have something to remind her to try harder.  But, hey, if throwing them away made someone happy and made her look better in their eyes, then why not?

Quickly, she walked over to the recycling bin a couple steps away and dropped her bundle in, biting back the frown pricking the corners of her lips. Just as quickly, she glanced at herself in one of the semi-reflective windows, patting down any flyaway hairs and making sure she looked halfway decent. Her mom always said she was like a magnet to reflective surfaces, like a canary. Summer couldn't exactly disagree either, but she had to look good if she wanted people to like her, it's just how the world worked.

Behind her, she could hear Deborah asking Jake if he was a Mordetsky. Walking up, she softly put a hand on Jake's back, as if to encourage the timid boy to speak.

"Do you guys know eachother?" She asked, "Didn't you just move here, Deborah?"
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

"Oh yeah, Captain Planet would probably have a heart attack at all this paper," Mallory said, grinning. ""And does that mean I have to do the Brooklyn accent? Erm..." She attempted a Brooklyn accent. It came out as something much closer to Cockney. "'Play with fire and you'll get burned and shit, oi.' ...Ah, that was shit."

Then another girl turned up, and told them that it would be best to put the paper in the paper recycling bin.

"Uh. Durr?" Mallory said bluntly. "Where'd you think we were gonna put them? Principal's office? Plastering pictures of Summer's face all around Ms. Freeman's picture of the Black Power salute somehow doesn't seem right."

Recycling Paper Bin Girl seemed to have focused on Jake, asking if he was Mordetsky.

"That's one of the Mordetskys. There's another one, but she's a colossal bitch. Ah, um..." Mallory shook her head. "Uh, I mean... no offence, Jake. Sorry, I... I mean, insulting siblings is kind of a... ehhhh."

That was an area Mallory tried to stay away from if she could. She knew that she hated it when people insulted her siblings. That's not cool. Mallory frowned and turned back to the posters, quietly humming the Captain Planet theme tune.
Cake

Post by Cake »

[[Miles Strickland Continued From: A Safe Bet.]]

The area was occupied by a group of Miles' classmates, who were busy taking down dozens of posters plastered around the walls of the student center, all of which belonging to one of their friends, Summer Simms. To be honest, Miles was going to miss seeing those posters around the commons. They added a bit of color, to the otherwise bland student center, which was always a good thing. Not to mention it was always nice to see Summer's pretty face.

If he hadn't already asked Emily, she'd probably have been at the top of his list. Probably would've even voted for her, if not for the fact that his cousin Naomi had also campaigned for the same position, and he was pretty loyal to family members.

Miles stood by his younger brother's locker and started turning the combination to the lock, in order to retrieve a few of the items inside and deliver them to his sibling, who went home sick early that day. He quietly observed things, spotting some students he knew and some he didn't know. Francis, Stacey's brother, Big Foot and Summer herself were among those who were there. It looked like Summer was her usual cheery self, even flirting a bit with Francis like Travis and Stacey-May were doing down the hall earlier. It wasn't until Summer went over to a recycling bin near him, where he saw her expression change to a near frown, that he realized that maybe she wasn't feeling as cheerful as she let on. If he had to take a wild guess, he'd guess it had something to do with the posters she was now throwing away.

He couldn't blame her for feeling down; as he was sure he'd feel the same way in her situation. In fact, Summer was one of the reasons that Miles didn't run for the higher position, out of fear from losing. If she wasn't someone he was very fond of, he'd probably bask in her loss, but because she was someone he was fond of he figured he'd try to cheer her up a little bit. Or at least that's what he was going to do, before she left the recycling bin and returned to talk to one of the other girls. The group seemed pretty distracted and he wasn't in the mood to interrupt.

Instead, Miles picked up one of Summer's flyers still hanging on the wall and slipped it into Summer's locker along with a small note written quickly onto a piece of folder paper, from his brother's supplies.

Hey Summer. Saw you pulling down some flyers. It would be a shame to let them all go to waste. So I saved one for you. Keep it as a memento or something and keep smiling. ㋡ - Miles.

Miles turned around and headed toward one of the exits of the student center, when he immediately bumped into someone on accident.
He hadn't even noticed she was standing alone nearby, which was quite a feat considering who it was.

"Oh sorry there Sasq- I mean Mallory."

Miles quickly flashed a smile and left the building.

[[Miles Strickland Continued To: The Only Sacred Ground.]]
Aura

Post by Aura »

Jake stood patiently and watched as Summer gave the other boy a stack of papers.  However, just as Summer was about to hand him a stack, a brown-haired girl walked in and suggested that they recycle the paper.  Everyone seemed pretty receptive to the idea, and Jake nodded his head in agreement.  For some reason, the girl seemed to be looking at him.  He personally had no idea what was going on, or who this girl was, but it made him sort of uncomfortable, a feeling that wasn't helped by the next words out of the girl's mouth.

"...Mordetsky?  Are you Mordetsky?"

H-how does she know my name?

Jake was now quite uncomfortable with his current situation.  The mystery girl knew his name.  The situation became even more awkward when Summer and the short-haired girl confirmed that he was, in fact, a Mordetsky.  The short-haired girl then apologized for calling Stacey a bitch.  Jake didn't really know what to say to that, as he was still trying to unravel the mystery of the girl that had been examining him.  Summer called her Deborah, and Jake searched his memories in an attempt to remember someone named Deborah.

Wait... is that...

"...Deborah Vickers?"  He blurted out what he thought the girl's name was.  He hadn't meant to think out loud.  He immediately blushed and looked down at his feet.
AtomicVandal†

Post by AtomicVandal† »

((Sorry for the wait. I have had one hell of a writer's block.))

Deborah bit her lip. Her attempts at socializing always ended up raising a few eyebrows. It seemed that the Sports guy was lost for words. The girl whose face was on the posters, Summer Simms, had actually tried to be polite by complying with Deborah's rather weird sentence. The other girl, named Mallory had answered with sarcasm.

There was another guy who had entered the scene, and bumped into Mallory, then left. He looked both social and rich. Deborah stared at him for the briefest moment. She did not recall who he was, but she was under the impression she would eventually learn.

However, it was surprising that Simms knew Deborah's name. Maybe the girl had taken to know each other of her classmates? She couldn't know.

And there was Jake Mordetsky, who apparently remembered her.  After all, he had witnessed Debbie's incident with Stacey. She couldn't help but frown at Mallory's comment about Stacey.

"If only you knew, Miss Mallory." Deborah added. "I used to live in California just before moving. Just like the Mordetsky family.  My family and Mordetsky's family used to be business partners back then... and I have had the pleasure to meet his sister." She added, putting emphasis on the word, and not in a good manner.

Her serious stance shifted so slightly in a small, but sincere smile as she reached for Jake's shoulder with her own hand. "I am indeed that Deborah Vickers, mister Mordetsky. I might have changed my appearance a little, but I am still Deborah. I am surprised to see you here. But it is pleasant to see you again. Junior was fond of you." She paused as she withdrew, remembering the boy's shyness.

"And me too. I had thought all of my former acquaintances were miles away." She finally added. "Would you be willing to share a meal and a talk with me?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler AtomicVandal. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Well. Things were certainly moving along quickly now. Summer responded to Mallory's comments with something about Captain Planet. Francis had, actually, never seen the show as a kid. That wasn't to say he hadn't watched much TV; most of his mornings had been spent in the St. Ledger living room, curtains drawn, snuggled up in a duvet, watching whatever cartoon was on TV at the time.  Francis had just never managed to watch Captain Planet. Apparently there was some fire type person, and a guy with a monkey, and-wait. Wait.

So. Flirting. Summer Simms was flirting with him. That was... unexpected, to say the least. Francis was honestly surprised, because that meant that there was a good chance Summer wasn't going with anyone to Prom. Yet.

Francis was pretty sure his face had gone slightly red, but he also felt a smile creep onto his face. "Sounds good to me." He muttered. He had been considering prom a lot, but he just hadn't actually done anything about it. He had been almost certain that most of the girls already had dates, but lo and behold, here Summer was. The abundance of people made things slightly awkward, though. Francis wasn't sure whether to wait until they'd all gone.

As Francis was thinking, Summer split the stack of posters she was carrying in half, and placed one load in Francis' arms; the left of which she went on to gently squeeze. Yep, his face was pretty much definitely red by now. Francis was pretty much tongue-tied. He was thinking about what, if anything, he should say, when Summer moved on and put her posters in the recycling bin, just like the new girl had asked.

Francis walked over to the bin as well, stuffing the rolled up posters inside. There, now don't I just feel all saintly for doin' that? Turning round to go back to the posters, Francis saw that Miles had entered the student center. He made sure not to catch the boy's eye, although he seemed rather preoccupied with his locker, or something.

Walking back to the small group, Francis saw that Jake, Deborah (who was still talking as if she was 50) and Summer seemed to be in a conversation of their own, so he walked over to where Mallory was, and reached up to pull down one of the posters. As he did so, he heard footsteps behind him, and the voice of Miles stopping just shy of calling Mallory "Sasquatch". Francis sighed, looked at Miles, then back at the poster half detached from the wall.

"He can be a complete asshole at times, can't he?" Francis muttered.
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future

Return to “Student Center”