Monte Carlo Simulations

A thread from the trip to New York, private.

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
Frozen Smoke

Monte Carlo Simulations

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Parker was glad the store Blaise had chosen was, at the very least, something that was crowded enough with book cases and stands that he felt like he could get lost in it, rather than being as on display as the items. This place looked more like a museum than a store, with the old American flags dotting the wall, bearing far fewer than 50 stars. There was even a model of the whitehouse on the table, right as you walked in. It felt like a place with history, something that had been here long enough to see those flags flown, with the worn darkwood flooring to prove it.

Maybe it was all an elaborate setup in order to give that impression. But, still, it was better than the all glass monstrosities he’d look at with loathing as they’d trekked through D.C. together to get here, after he’d left enough vaguerie in the suggestion for them to take the opportunity to precisely suggest a destination.

He found himself drawn to the closest display to the door, just on the right, resting his forefingers on the metal frame that kept the glass case in place as he peered through it. There was an array of blades of various forms and uses, complete with gilded and bone handles. Every one of them looked precisely manufactured, and the price-tag matched that assumption, shooting down any hope of bringing one home. It was odd to see such care put into bladesmithing, it was rare to even see knife displays in America, unlike in the UK. People seemed far more focused on guns and the like, and he couldn’t help but admire them for a moment for the anachronism that they were, before looking over his shoulder at the person who was supposed to be his guide.

“You sure they sell watches here?”
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

There were many places they could have gone in D.C. that better matched Blaise's reputation. If they were shopping for near anyone else one of them would have been selected regardless of their model's tastes, the thought of any of their classmates having a better eye for accessory than they did was incomprehensible. Blaise was not ignorant to the inherent selfishness of that mindset; given the results their choice had produced already they would propose they were self aware enough not only to understand their bad habits, but to weaponize them.

Parker showing any degree of surprise was a rare victory. Doing so in a public setting, even one so far removed from his home territory, made it all the more delicious. They made no effort to hide their smirk, there was a time to keep one's poker face after a victory and this was not it. A new game would start soon enough. It was not so much difficult to recall the last time they hadn't been trying to play each other so much as unnecessary, as they suspected memories like that would only bore by comparison. The look in his eyes now was so much more enticing, no? They slid by the case beside him, fingertips lightly grazing his as they past. "When have you ever known me to waste your time?"

No further clarification came. Blaise moved deeper into the shop, secure in the knowledge that his curiosity would outweigh his pride. It would be smart to figure out where they were going before those scales balanced, but how hard could it be to find a display full of watches?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Parker declined to argue the point with Blaise as he followed them to one side into the jewellery section. Not for lack of examples, his mind almost instinctively dug for and presented those, although most raised the question is teasing was the same as wasting time. No, but Parker did like to think he was good at reading the subtleties of Blaise's expressions, thanks to the past few months staring at them from across cards and chips. Especially when they weren't keeping those subtleties subtle at all.

He could tell Blaise was very pleased with themselves. That was equal parts worrying and intriguing, as he lingered a few steps behind them, admiring the various adornments that hogged the shelves. They were his style, distinctly so, simple metal and delicate colours. It shouldn't have surprised him that Blaise could find a place like this, given that their sense of fashion was why he'd asked in the first place, but it did make him wonder what they got out of the equation. If there was one thing he'd noted about them, it was that they very rarely did anything because it was something they should do, no Blaise acted because Blaise wanted to act.

The freedom to do the same in return was probably why he got along so well with them. Things just felt easier without the emotional weight of a relationship hanging over every text or gesture, without building up a house of cards he pretended to care about, only to inattentively knock them over. No, the two of them were in this purely for their own selfish reasons, and this was no different. He just couldn't figure out what they were trying to do here.

Even the look they'd to present was just a little more traditional than usual. A short-cut turquoise dress with a light red flower pattern, a pink wig, and heels. Obviously feminine, without mentioning the cream stockings that he averted his eyes from, after staring for a moment too long. It all made it hard not to feel under-dressed when around them, even in something approaching business casual like the khaki shirt and skinny black jeans, but he tried not to show it as he took a few longer strides to draw up beside them.

"See anything you like?"
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.

Return to “Memories from the Past”