Dodge Brawl

Open to all. the more, the merrier!

Taking up a large section of the first floor, the gymnasium is very well lit and maintained. This is where gym class is held. There are several retractable baskets hanging from the walls, for smaller class games of basketball or for larger competitions. There are also some bleachers here, which can be compressed to stacks along the walls when not in use. Off to the side of the gymnasium is a mat room, for wrestling and private practice. There is also a large storage room, where athletic equipment and tables for table tennis are kept.
umop-ap!sdn†

Dodge Brawl

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

A cool rush swept over Jaquilyn's arms and legs as she exited the locker room. Her hands cupped her elbows. A cool rush shot up her spine, and he felt herself slowly adjust to the chilly gym's temperature.

Miss Sanders was there taking attendance, and Jaquilyn realized she was the first to gym. Knowing Sanders wasn't the most talkative woman, Jaquilyn just glanced around the gym.

There were rubber balls lined up down the middle of the gym. The kind used to play kickball or four square. A set up like this could only mean one thing. Jaquilyn smiled, and folded her arms higher on her chest. Her hips shifted slighty to one side as she assumed a confident stance. She was excited now. And the sooner everybody arrived, the sooner they could start.

oh man. Shit's about to get real.

A game without strategy. A game without order. A game without mercy.

Dodgeball
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler umop-ap!sdn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Alex Ripley continued from A Gold Dubloon For The First One To Find The Right Toy))

Did someone say dodgeball?

Dodgeball! That thing where you toss balls at people and give them hell with it! Okay, nobody said "dodgeball", but she could infer that from the foam balls hanging out on those racks. Yup, definitely dodgeball. What else could it be, honestly? Alex could tell what it was as she exited the locker room herself.

Okay, she was a nerd. But contrary to the stereotypes, Alex liked dodgeball. It wasn't every game you got to toss balls at random people. Dodgeball was actually quite lovely. Oh, she hoped her team mates would be awesome this time, though. Last time, yeah. No one knew about proper dodgeball strategy, it seemed. But that was a long time ago, and she knew that they would know better now! She was sure of it. 99% sure of that everything was going to go according to plan, as long as they stick to it. But what was the plan? Eh, teams first. Then planning.

God, was it chilly in here. It was always chilly in here around this time of year. No matter. She was sure she could deal.

The only two other people in here, she noticed, were Jaquilyn Locke and Miss Sanders. Jaquilyn had just entered, like Alex had, and Miss Sanders was probably waiting for everyone else. They had better get out soon, or Sanders might shoo them all out or something. It would be funny, but still not something she would like to start class with. Especially if Sanders was going to talk about getting out of the locker room when necessary.

Alex made her way to the bleachers on the side of the gym, and plopped herself down on the bench. Anyways, dodgeball! Wonder what the rules were going to be this time. Sometimes they used different rules, after all.

She wondered who could be good team mates, though. Jaquilyn? Cheerleader and thus athletic, so that was a plus. Negative... negative was that she had a few enemies, if she remembered correctly, and so people might target her more. Not too bad if she got her as a team mate, though, thinking in terms of practicality. But she had to look a bit more, easily when the teams were divided up. And she probably wouldn't be the one sorting into teams, so that was an issue as well.

Either way. As she sat on the bench she knew one thing.

She was going to have fun.
Aster

Post by Aster »

(Veronica McDonald- Begin)

Why's it so goddamn chilly in here?

That was Veronica's first thought as she entered Aurora High School's gymnasium. Awfully cold, even for March.  In fact, it was odd for Veronica to complain. She's from Chicago, another chilly city. Oh well, she bet Eskimos still complained. Or do they? Ignoring that, Veronica scanned the room, looking for someone to chat with, or to stand by or something. It may be awkward, but at least it was better than standing alone. Miss Sanders was scribbling something on a clipboard, and rubber balls were lined up across the center of the room.

Eh? Balls? This must be...DODGEBALL!

Ah, yes. The game where you throw balls at the other team in order to get them out. It wasn't the best, but it was fun. Veronica was determined to have fun in this. It seemed barbaric to an elementary school student, but it was an entertaining game to a high school student, especially one who has grudges against some classmates. She hoped Jesiree was in this class. Or Owen. Or any other enemy in this school.

Revenge, this'll be SWEET!

She almost rubbed her hands together, like a villain or something, but went back to scanning. Jaquilyn (At least she hoped that was the girl's name) was shivering in the corner, while some girl was on the bleachers. The girl seemed giddy. Seems she's not the only one looking forward to this.

Well, better sitting then standing.

She plopped down next to the girl, and greeted her.

"So, you looking forward to this?

(OOC: I think I met you in chat, Kami. This is the bi. Have fun with her.)
V8
Anthony Rafael "Raf" Halili
Jordan Toribio
Kiana Coleman
Mariel Rivera
[+] Past Characters
V5
G025: Veronica McDonald
B033: Jason Meyers
G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski

V6
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld (adopted by backslash)
B007: Jasper Bustamante (adopted by Cicada)
B031: Samuel Howard
Haley Luz Juarez
    [+] Chat Quotes
    wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
    [21:51] Zarina: the end
    wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
    In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
    KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Skipping ahead to keep Alex active. Gotta keep this thread moving!))

A second girl plopped down next to her.

Oh, she recognized her! She was Veronica, correct? She always had a reputation for... well, being a hothead. There was a rumor circling around that she once punched someone in the face for tossing a slur regarding her sexuality at her. Then again, who wouldn't be pissed off at that? Either way, she was a hothead. While it would mean that some people would attack her for her reputation, on the other it meant that she could easily get angry, and thus determined, enough to get people she wanted.

Like Jaquilyn, there were both pros and cons.

Either way, she seemed friendly enough and wanted to talk.

"Heck yes, I'm pumped. It's like... the only game where we get to throw things at other things! How could you not enjoy that?"

Moving a lock of blonde hair out of her face, she smiled. Fun times, right?

"What about you?"

And she called out.

"And... Jaquilyn, is it? Excited?"
    Aster

Post by Aster »

A name burst into her head once the girl started talking. Alex Ripley

The name was vaguely familiar to Veronica, but she knew that Alex was considered 'weird' by many of their classmates, Veronica in particular. Veronica remembered seeing the girl at a restaurant wearing goggles, and chuckled at that memory.  That was an awkward moment. Oh, she asked if I was looking forward to this. Well, might as well answer. I can't just sit here and...um...er...what was that word? Meaning remembering? I saw it in Outcast, but what was it....Reminiscing! Right, that was the word. Oh crap, I just wasted more time.

"Well, sure. We can throw things at each other, something that we can't do anywhere else. They can make a sport out of anything." Veronica replied, nodding. Where is everybody? some people just can't be on time. Is Jesiree here? No? Crap. I was looking forward to nailing her with a dodgeball.

The next thing the girl said confirmed that the girl over there was Jaquilyn. Was her last name Locke? Lombardi? No, that was the name of some kid from that weird show...the name escaped her. The gym began to fill with several other students, elevating the noise level. Veronica motioned for Jaquilyn to join them on the bleachers.

"It's a little loud here. Come over."

(Is the fact that other people just came in GodModding?)
    V8
    Jordan Toribio
    Kiana Coleman
    Mariel Rivera
    [+] Past Characters
    V5

V6
    Haley Luz Juarez
      [+] Chat Quotes
      wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
      In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
      Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

(Rutherford "R.J." Roger Jr. - Start)

"And I feel so close to you right now"*..."God, I thought I was rid of that damn song"

R.J. was merrily walking down the hall to gym class when the song he heard on the radio this morning bull-rushed itself back into his memory. Realizing he needed a distraction, R.J. opened the door to the gymnasium, which was colder and more quiet then usual, and gazed around the room in hopes that something would take his attention away.

"Let's see, To the left is Ms. Sanders, not the most sociable person, 3 girls to the right, Veronica, Jaquilyn, and...um, Alex(?), and straight ahead, some foam balls lined up in the middle of the gym...Dodgeball"

R.J. actually enjoyed Dodgeball. Oh sure, most of the time he would just dodge or catch the balls, but there was something about the game that gave R.J. this pleasant feeling of fun and enjoyment that he couldn't get anywhere besides the gym floor during a game of Dodgeball.

Suddenly, a verge of noise came in the form of the rest of the classroom and the silence was broken, but the chill was still there.

* That's from Calvin Harris "Feel so close"
      This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
      KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Alex nodded.

Well, that was the appeal, wasn't it? Hitting other people with balls.

That was pretty much what dodgeball was for, really. Hitting everyone and everything! Really, where else do you get to throw things at other people?

As more people piled in, Veronica motioned for Jaquilyn to join them. And among the group, she could recognize Rutherford. Heh, Rutherford Roger Jr. sounded kind of posh, actually. It was a shame he only wanted to be called "Baby Ruth" or something like that. She would kill to have that kind of posh name, really. Anyways. Good team mate? Maybe. She didn't know him that well. Alex knew he was kind of a kindly guy, but not much else.

Class was to start any second.

Alright! This was going to be fun!

Now she just needed to wait for teams to be sorted out, and...

Then they'd have a team.

But first! There was some sort of... calling she needed to fulfill.

"Hey, Veronica?" Alex asked, standing up. "I'll be in the bathroom. It'll only be a few minutes. If Sanders asks, tell her I went."

She approached nearby where the locker rooms were. Well, yeah. She needed to use the bathroom first, obviously.

After that? Time to roll.

((Alex Ripley continued in Cicada Nights))
      umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

(I'm so sorry guys, I was hoping to get six or seven characters in here! I was going to say half the class had lab or a trip or something to justify having such a small class! If we wanna just act like this all didn't happen it's alright. Again, so sorry. I wasn't intentionally neglecting it, just holding out hope it would get moving! Ahh so sorry. I'll see if we can just shut it down...)
      This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler umop-ap!sdn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
      Aster

Post by Aster »

((Well, if this thread is technically dead, can we roll our characters out? If Pers (random nickname) would like, maybe Veronica and Ruth can go to the Waterfront...))
      V8
      Jordan Toribio
      Kiana Coleman
      Mariel Rivera
      [+] Past Characters
      V5

V6
      Haley Luz Juarez
        [+] Chat Quotes
        Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

*Growl*..."uh-oh"...With a sudden rush of pain to the stomach, Ruth fell to a knee.

"Ms. Sanders, can I go to the nurse' s office? I think I'm gonna-*BLARGLLEAH*...throw up"

"When did I eat corn?"

(Rutherford Roger Jr. Continued in The Question of the Century)
        This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
        Aster

Post by Aster »

*BLARGLLEAH*

Veronica was startled, and turned around to see a large puddle of vomit.

ewwww....

The girl didn't care about the rest of class. She ran.

(Veronica McDonald continued The Question of the Century)
        V8
        Jordan Toribio
        Kiana Coleman
        Mariel Rivera
        [+] Past Characters
        V5

V6
        Haley Luz Juarez
          [+] Chat Quotes

Return to “Gymnasium”