Wiping All Out

World History Thread (Public, but PM before entry)

This is the hall for history classes, as well as language courses. As such, it is the most expansive hall in the school, taking up a large portion of the third floor. The hall is quite varied in character, with teachers decorating the areas near their classrooms as they please, and with many student projects displayed on the walls. The classrooms here are just as varied in character as the halls, with language classrooms displaying a strong bent towards culturally-appropriate decorations. Students are required to take at least three years of history, as well as two years of a foreign language. The languages offered by the school are Spanish, French, Latin, Vietnamese, and Mandarin Chinese.
Espi

Wiping All Out

Post by Espi »

[[Theodore Fletcher continued from Joy]]

Theo generally enjoyed World History. It was a lot like a strategy game, which Theo liked. Alliances, backstabbing, tactics, all these things were fascinating to him. Plus, it had the culture aspect, which Theo found interesting, if not perpetually enthralling.

Mr. Connor was nice enough; Theo was fond of him, though he'd never dare try and bring up anything with him, lest he get in over his head in an argument he was doomed to lose, Theo thought he was a nice guy.

What Theo didn't enjoy about History was group projects. Heck, grouping in general was not something he liked. Sure, it was supposed to build trust, and teamwork and stuff, but it also sucked and made it harder for achievers when they had to work with slackers.

Theo visibly slumped in his chair when Mr. Connor quietly announced that there was going to  a group project. Plus, he didn't even get to pick a partner! Theo's eyes narrowed at the papers Mr. Connor was handing out.

The project seemed reasonably simple, as Theo gave it the project requirements a quick scan; use the textbooks to research 5 rulers who's actions contributed to the fall of their society. It explicitly said to use the textbooks!

At least, it would be if Theo didn't get a partner who would be useless.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

[[Juhan Levandi: Start]]

Juhan didn't really have any problems with Social Studies. The topics were usually interesting enough and even captivated his attention at times. There were also the small debates they had in his class every now and then, which he always avidly participated in. The problem with his class, however, was trying to stay awake. Mr. Connor's voice was quiet and had the same effect on him a lullaby would. Juhan always tried to stay wide awake, but often ended the class struggling to keep his eyes open. He started thinking about what else he needed to do.

Hmmm... practice for choir, edit that article in the newspaper, study for the quiz tomo- did Mr. Connor say something about group projects?

One of the things he always dreaded about Social Studies was the group projects they'd have occasionally. In theory, they seemed nice. Divide the work among teammates and cooperate in order to pass. However, the reality went something like this. He'd be picked the leader of the group, then his other teammates would pile all the work on him and he'd work his butt off while his teammates would simply lie back and watch. The fact that he didn't ever try to fight back didn't help. At least the project seemed easy enough. He waited for his partner to be chosen and hoped he or she would actually try to work with him.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

MAYNARD HURST: START

Breathe.

The definition of breathe is "to take air into the lungs and then expel it, especially as a regular physiological process."

A regular enough occurrence, and a simple one at that. So why, now all times, had such a thing been lost to Maynard?

He tugged again at the lapel of his freshly starched collar. It had started to wilt, both through the heat and the constant dripping of sweat from the nape of his neck, but still remained uncomfortably stiff. He gasped suddenly, as air returned to fill his lungs. One word. One word had started that somewhat melodramatic palpitation. One word, as it emanated from Mr Connor's lips.

Team.

Hoo boy.

How do I loath thee? Let me count the ways...

Maynard didn't mind working in groups. He liked splitting up the work and getting to focus on one area in particular. What he did mind, however, was the formation of teams. As much as he found working with the more gregarious members of his class to be somewhat intimidating, that wasn't too awful either. It's just...if they were allowed to choose, he would seize up, and suddenly become fascinated with the intricacies of his ball-point while the others made curt nods at each other. And when he did eventually get a partner, Maynard would make it as awkward as possible by blurting out "Ooh, a new pair of moccasins" or something to that effect. He tried to stop it, but it was difficult not to. Perhaps that was why girls were so repulsed by him. That and everything else, and-

Maynard, you're going on a tangent again...

Okay, assigned partners this time. Not too terrible. No latching onto someone and insisting that they were "totally always together." And...here here comes Mr. Connor. Mr-I'm-So-Smart-It-Petrifies-My-Students Connor. A nice enough man, but so...smart.

Oh, jeeze. Don't fuck this up, Maynard. And for the love of God don't say something stupid again!

"Sir, is it okay if I do this by myself?"

Goddamit.

Mr Connor raised an eyebrow as he approached Maynard's desk. "Really, Maynard? I've already sorted the teams...don't you think it would be a bit unfair on the other students?"

Maynard diverted his eyes onto his ringbinder as he mumbled a reply.

"Yeah....I'm...I'm sorry, sir."
Solomir†

Post by Solomir† »

((Ben Ward continued from Variables...))

History used to be one of Ben's favorite subjects. He got to learn about awesome people doing awesome things like winning wars. Also, he didn't have to put up with Connor's habit of making class discussion a regular event. No, Ben didn't want to hear all of the idiot ideas his classmates wanted to speculate about. And of course, Connor would keep giving inane responses just to keep the discussion instead of actually doing his damn job to teach.

Ben had thought luck was on his side today. Over half an hour, and no random class discussion in sight. If it could last for maybe about fifteen more minutes, then he'd have made it out the week without a single discussion cropping up.

The universe was probably conspiring against Ben at the moment though, because instead of getting a class discussion, he got something much worse. A group project.

"Fuck," Ben muttered. Connor tried to give him the evil eye for swearing in class, but Ben just stared back. Connor was smart, but he wasn't very intimidating. They held their gaze for a moment before the teacher broke off and continued to give details on the project. Turns out it would just be done in pairs, which wouldn't be so bad as long as Ben got to partner with one of the keeners in the class. Which he wouldn't be able to because Connor was going to be a royal jackass and assign partners instead of letting people pick.

Ben sighed and rolled his eyes. The chances of him getting paired with a bucket of a classmate was a lot higher than getting paired with somebody competent. Maybe his luck hadn't run out today.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solomir. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Theodore sat patiently. He looked around the room, determining who he'd like to work with best. Maybe  it would be kind of fun if he was paired with-

"Theo, you're working with Ben today."

Oh. Well then.

Ben Ward, AKA the guy you see in 1980s movies that always bullies the main character. Usually owned at least one Letterman jacket. Theo was aware that Ben actually did wear a Letterman jacket. How interesting. Theo wondered if Ben had ever seen any of those movies. He shifted anxiously in his seat.

Joy. So after all the students were paired up, Theo had no choice but to move over to  stand by Ben's seat and offer an awkward smile. "So, uh, partners?" He said, sounding nervous even to his own ears. Great. Just great. This was going to be "interesting" to say the least.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"Juhan, your partner will be Maynard."

Thank you Mr. Connor thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Juhan was having a mini-celebration in his head. Maynard was.. to be frank, a nerd. He wore clothes that looked more fitting for a dinner party than school. He usually spent more time writing sonnets and reading A Song of Ice and Fire than actually talking to people. He was the kid who always raised his hand at every question every teacher asked and eagerly listened to their lectures most of the time.

In other words, he was perfect for Juhan. They were friends and had the same interests. Also, Maynard actually seemed like a kid who could actually do stuff.

Although it was a bit troubling that Maynard actually requested to work by himself, it didn't seem like anything too bad. Juhan was sure that they'd get along just fine. Besides, the project seemed incredibly easy and something they could finish without breaking a sweat. He decided to wait for his partner while retrieving his textbook for Social Studies.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

Juhan? Yes.

But...Maynard was really starting to regret awkwardly asking to work by himself, now. He hoped Juhan didn't hold it against him. He was a nice enough kid, studious and quiet, and Maynard was yet to find a member of the school's book club that he didn't like. This project should be easy.

Just to be sure that Juhan knew that Maynard was perfectly willing, he picked up his canvas backpack and shuffled towards the boy, textbook and papers in his free hand.

"Hi, Ju-"

Crash.

Maynard really had to take more notice of where he was going. One of his boating shoes hooked around the edge of his table and he stumbled, throwing sheets of loose refill and pieces of stationary from his half-open pencilcase across the floor.

As a few of his classmates looked up to see what had transpired, Maynard hurriedly gathered up his dropped items in a poor attempt to regain his composure and scurried over to wear Juhan was sitting.

"Um...yeah, hi Juhan! Partners, huh?"
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

Just as Maynard reached his seat, a sharp vibration emanated from his jeans. Attempting to slide his phone out of his pocket without Mr. Connor noticing, he glanced briefly at the message that had appeared on the screen:
'Nard, I'm in the carpark. Ready to go? - Dad
Carpark...

Oh, jeeze. How could he have forgotten? It was a thing with his father...every year, on the same date, they had to go to the local dentistry for a routine check up. Maynard didn't really see the point; sure, his teeth weren't the best in the world, but he brushed and flossed daily, and didn't drink too much soda.

"Uh...Mr Connor...I kinda...I have to go. Dentist appointment...in town."

He glanced over towards Juhan, who'd just retrieved the textbooks from his schoolbag. "Uh...I'm so so sorry, Juhan. It slipped my mind. Text me later and we'll sort it out, 'kay?"

Picking up his backpack in one hand and slinging it over his shoulder before tentatively grasping for his bulky ringbinder in the other, Maynard exited the room.

((Maynard Hurst continued in The Anime Nerd and the Band Geek))
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

((Also breaking post order to leave thread))
Juhan winced when he saw Maynard fall. He'd tripped himself up so many times that he'd already lost count.

Juhan was about to start discussing the project with Maynard after he recovered from his fall when suddenly, Maynard's cellphone buzzed.

"Uh... Mr. Connor... I kinda... I have to go. Dentist appointment... in town."

Dang.

Now he'd have to work by himself. After Maynard apologized and left the room, he read over his textbooks. He had only come up with Louis XIV and Mehmed VI before   Social Studies ended.
[[Juhan Levandi continues in Quixotic]]
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl

Return to “Social Studies Hall”