Sæglópur

One-Shot: Day 1, 8:30 AM

The Cove is a small, sandy beach located off a side-path from the bell tower down gently sloping hills. A small shelter from the waves, the cove houses a few small dinghies that were used for transport to and from the main dock. Following a storm, one of these dinghies has been broken apart and scattered across the shore. A rickety wooden jetty is present to allow access to the dinghies, but this too was hit hard by the storm and a number of planks are missing. The cove also possesses a small cave formed by the tide which can be used to shelter from the elements, although the dampness, uneven rocky floor, and constant dripping make it a less than ideal shelter. The cave can quickly become flooded by seawater whenever the tide is rising, making staying within it for too long a risky prospect.
Maraoone

Sæglópur

Post by Maraoone »

Olivia sat in the corner of a cave, knees up to her chest, face hidden in those knees. On the corner across her, facing her back was a camera. She swiveled her neck to check if it was still aimed at her, and it was.

She really wished it would stop doing that.

She had been in this position since the start, ever since she woke up. She didn't mind the slippery, sharp rock she sat on, or the dripping, this constant indoor rain that had slowly but surely left her soaked. She didn't pay any attention to the waves as they inched their way closer and closer to her feet, or to her bones as they creaked and ached, begging for even the slightest bit of motion. No.

She hadn't gone through most of the motions yet. She hadn't started crying hysterically, or kicking rocks and chairs or punching sand. It wasn't a good look. Crying never looked good. No, what she had been doing, while she hid her face in her knees, was biting her nails, biting them raw despite the presence of nail paint. She hadn't minded the bitter, artificial taste of acrylic, because she needed something, anything to keep herself from screaming. And it worked. She was hyperventilating, yes, biting through keratin, panicking. But she wasn't crying. And no one could hear her, see her so vulnerable in this place, wherever she had woken up. She was sure of that. She was alone here. By herself. That was good enough for her. But now there wasn't anything left to bite. Any more and she'd be biting off her fingertips.

So, instead of hiding into herself, she risked another look, but not at the camera behind her. She raised her head a bit, and saw rock. A cave wall.  That's all she was in really, some cave. This cave, it seemed so hidden from everything else. From this one glance, she could not see if there was any other land. That meant it was hidden from the game. Maybe if she just stayed here, face hidden, curled up in this corner, no one would find her. Again, she was alone. Oh god, she was alone. But that was good, really, great. Again, no one to see her vulnerable, to prey on her, to

she couldn't go there yet. She couldn't think about that yet. This was all she had to think about, all she had to know. She was alone.

Except no, one could never truly be alone in SOTF. It wasn't the case that no one could observe her. Everyone could, from thousands of miles away in front of some computer desk. The game had found her already, had her cornered. The world had, with this camera. It was just waiting for her to turn her back, to face the camera. It waited for her to face it, to face the world, to suffer, to struggle, to degrade herself, to weep, to cry, to suffer, to kill, and then, finally, to die.

And she wouldn't give them that.

And for this period of time, she found herself stuck in this weird mix of denial and acceptance. There was no denying that she was in SOTF, no denial of the fact that she had not waken up in her bed but in this cave by the ocean, no denying the memories of the auditorium, of no one following, of Mr Graham's dea- no, she couldn't go back there. It was enough to acknowledge that she was not in Kingman. But yet, she'd convinced herself that, if she simply never faced the camera, then the game wouldn't start, and she could be safe. Out of sight, out of mind.

This was idiocy.

Olivia prided herself on being smart. It was all she had. And the camera would continue to film her, whether she looked at it or not. If she tried convincing herself otherwise, she'd be depriving herself of the one asset she had.

And she couldn't really escape this island, even if she retreated into her cocoon.

But one could dream, right?

No, one couldn't dream.

She positioned her hands on top of the bag, the one the terrorists gave her, one hand gripping the zippers. And then she pulled that hand away from the zippers, and instead, wore the bag on her back, with the other bag she brought on her shoulder. One step at a time.

She exhaled, and inhaled loudly. She could do this. She could. Maybe staying alone would work for the first minute, the first hour, yeah. But the first day? The week? Alone, isolated, with no one to rely on, to lean on, like some second grader waiting for someone to eat with her yet no one would because

She definitely couldn't go back there. Olivia would not condemn herself to loneliness forever, no matter its safety. So, there was a plan, the point B to her point A. And she'd never get to point B if she stayed in this cave. Unless she let people find her. No, that's not how she wanted to get to point B. Too risky.

So, she began. She laid down her legs, revealed her face to the ocean, and took a long, hard look at the outside world. It was so big. Endless. She rubbed her collar, tried to itch some spot hidden deep inside. How small would this island be?

She'd find out. But for now, what she could do is this. She would stand up, put on her bags, and stop facing the wall. She would walk towards the ocean, towards the rest of the island.

And then she'd look directly at the camera.

And that's when her game would begin.

G062: OLIVIA FISCHER - START

((Olivia Fischer continues in Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools...))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls

Return to “The Cove”