Cast in the Name of God

Was day 6, then day 7, holy hell it's morning of day 8

The staff lounge is simply the games room that was already present in the building. The staff recognized that it was well-positioned near the center of the second floor, meaning they could respond quickly to any emergencies, so simply moved more chairs in and had a television installed. The room itself is rather large and one of the tidiest in the building. A set of plush armchairs and a sofa sit in a half-circle in front of the TV, with a coffee table positioned in the middle of them. Also off to one side is a small table with a wooden chess set on it (the pieces knocked over at some point in the past). An old-fashioned radio also sits on a windowsill that overlooks the front of the asylum grounds.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Someone-"

Coleen moved around the side of the couch to stand in front of it, hovering over her bag in case she needed to dip into it at a moment's notice. Why Fiyori wouldn't stick around in case the mystery person was hostile to the both of them was beyond her guessing at this point, but something about the girl's departure was... urgent.

That was not a good sign.

This left Coleen on edge, one hand in her bag and another on the spear, knees trembling involuntarily and with enough frequency that she was forced to sit on the couch. She awaited the new arrival, footsteps drawing closer. There were no gunshots, not from Fiyori nor the approaching person, allowing her to reason that the new person either didn't have a gun or didn't mean anybody harm. The former seemed more likely given Fiyori's reaction, but even assuming that did little to calm her heart.

The tense feeling in her shoulders would release, at least a little, when Coleen saw Georgia Lee Day step up to the door.

"Georgia Lee!" A loud, pronounced sigh of relief filled the room and Coleen let her back rest against the couch cushions. "I was starting to think I'd never see you again!"
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

((Olivia Fischer continues from Until Then, You Are Free))

Olivia was in good spirits, and that scared her.

Well, not really good spirits, but as close to it as you could get on this island. She was OK. She was OK, and that wasn't OK. They were basically kicked out their sanctuary, half the class was dead, and soon, she would be one of them. Well, no, she wasn't OK if you put it like that, so let's just push that aside, forget that thought, bury it.

But, for one thing, things were going fine with Georgia Lee. She had someone she could trust, someone she could lean on. Also, she had a collection of Ezra Pound's poems. But really, the main thing that kept her OK was the announcements earlier. Isabel died, they said, was killed by three people. Kaitlyn, too, as well as Alan and Alex. She really shouldn't have felt OK about this. They were her classmates, she'd seen them in the hallways, etc, etc. But, the truth was she held them in the same regard she held death row prisoners. They had it coming. Then, she remembered that they all were on death row. And, she remembered aliens, her banging on the cafeteria door. Unfamiliar beings wearing familiar masks. She was egging on those deaths, relishing in them, relishing in the deaths of her classmates. This wasn't her. She couldn't let it be her. So, she pretended that she'd vanquished those thoughts.

And, one last thing. For every killer that disappeared from the island, it seemed three more popped up. Or maybe that was just because of Isabel. She hadn't heard any of the names of Isabel's killers before on the announcements, but Fiyori's name was all too familiar. And then all of a sudden, Fiyori was right in front of her, and Georgia Lee was bumping into her, and any trace of good spirits vanished. She clenched her fists, her teeth, braced herself. And yet, Fiyori just passed by, smiling. For some reason, that scared her almost as much as the prospect of Fiyori lunging at them.

At least she left, though. She left, and someone less familiar took her place. A friend of a friend. She seemed nice.

All of Coleen's attention seemed to be focused on Georgia Lee, so she just stood there in the background, waiting for them to finish their greetings and hoping one of them would say hi to her or for her.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
backslash

Post by backslash »

What caught Georgia Lee's attention, the thing that startled her the most, wasn't the weapons or Coleen's haggard appearance; it was the fact that Coleen had her hair pulled back from her face. Certainly, there were practical reasons for a ponytail, but Coleen was so... set in her ways. Comfortable in the niche she had carved for herself with her appearance. Hadn't Georgia Lee had enough of a hand in helping her to get there that she should know? So the ponytail was a curious thing, but at the same time not something to be asked about. Georgia Lee might have been exhausted, but she wasn't so tired as to be completely devoid of tact.

The second most startling thing was that Coleen seemed genuinely happy to see her. Olivia had seemed relieved when Georgia Lee first revealed herself back at the cafeteria, and she had certainly made no overtures towards rejection barring their uncomfortable exchange in the library, but all of it was clearly born of fear so far as Georgia Lee could tell. Coleen had no cause to be afraid of them, if only by merit of the rifle and the spear, so this was just...

Her friend. It was Coleen, who had killed a boy, who had been keeping company with the last person Georgia Lee wanted to encounter, but the greeting just made it all the more difficult to accept that this might be a stranger wearing her friend's face.

God, Georgia Lee was so tired. She never pulled all-nighters back in Kingman; keeping a consistent sleep schedule was key to helping her manage all of her activities, to say nothing of the unspoken defiance of letting her sisters know that she could still sleep soundly in the room that they had tormented her in year after year.

"I- yes," she said, awkwardly agreeing to Coleen's sentiment without considering its implications. "I mean... yes. Hi." It wasn't just lack of sleep, she decided, but Fiyori's unwelcome appearance that had made her tongue suddenly so clumsy. "I'm sorry, I didn't get any sleep last night." She tried to smile anyway, and nearly succeeded. "I'm glad to see you too."

She almost forgot Olivia until the other girl sidled up to her shoulder. "Oh- and Liv's with me too. Olivia Fischer, you're in the same grade?" If nothing else, she could surely rely on Coleen for a polite greeting that wouldn't acknowledge that she had probably forgotten all about Olivia as well.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Oh, gosh, I'm sorry!" Coleen smiled nervously, standing and tucking her bag to one side of the couch. She turned back towards the two, making more attentions to the girl with Georgia Lee. "Olivia, I'm familiar," she said with a nod. "It's nice to see the both of you. If you came earlier, you might have seen... uh..."

You might have seen somebody you clearly didn't want to, Coleen had come to understand. What she did not understand was the tension between Fiyori and Georgia Lee. There may have been something on the announcements to have explained it, but all the names and faces were just a blur to her now. It was nearly impossible to track who was left unless they were a high-profile name that showed up again and again like Nancy, or somebody close to her.

"Seen me sleeping under a couch, which is apparently how I have to spend my nights now," Coleen weakly laughed. Weak as it was, though, it was a genuine laugh. For the first time in a while, she was happy to see a familiar face that she only hoped was a friendly one. "Well, uh, come in, sit down? Make yourselves comfortable; what brings the two of you over here?" Coleen asked them as if having unexpected guests at a garden party rather than surprise visitors in a murder house on Death Island.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

And they said hi to her and for her. How nice. She nodded back at Coleen, wore a half-smile.

It just occurred to Olivia that Coleen's name had been on the announcements too, a few days ago. She didn't exactly remember what or how she did it, couldn't quite pick it out among the torrent of names and deaths the announcements gave, but her name was on there, and she was still right in front of them. The idea of it, of her killing someone, didn't really fit what was in front of her, though. Sure, there was the spear in her hand, but she seemed so pleasant, both here and in Cochise. Then again, being nice in Cochise didn't say much here. Maybe she should've listened to the announcements more, as much as it would've hurt. Listened to the how's of Coleen's sin. Maybe it would help solve this puzzle.

Well, whatever actually happened, Olivia didn't think it would help to be too standoffish. So, she took a seat, the one farthest from Coleen, and dropped her bags. She shivered a bit, and reached inside one of her bags to get the jacket, but then she stopped herself. Hated herself. Even though Irene had given her the sweater specifically to keep her warm, she didn't feel like she deserved it. And it was the only piece of Irene Olivia had. To wear it, to sweat in it, to vanquish whatever remained of Irene was to kill that piece, to kill her. So, she left it there, left herself cold.

And then Coleen's question.

"Well, uh, we went out to get supplies. But then, the place we stayed at got-" taken over? invaded? "-I mean, someone else got in the place we were at before, so, we, uh, we decided to look for somewhere else."

And then she gestured towards the room in general.

"And now we're here."
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
backslash

Post by backslash »

Georgia Lee nodded along with Olivia's statements and then quickly stopped because doing so made her feel light-headed. "Yes, that's right." Her half-smile was still in place and not entirely forced; there was something fundamentally wrong about Coleen being so... herself, in this context, but at the same time it was comforting. Georgia Lee might not have been thinking straight, but she was confident that Coleen wouldn't hurt them.

She took the seat offered to her, closer to Coleen than Olivia opted to be. A show of good faith, when faith of any sort was so hard to come by lately.

"We're just looking for somewhere to stay as safe as possible. But enough about us; what have you been up to since you're all by yourself now?"

That was a slip. An unfriendly little reminder that they knew what Coleen had done. Georgia Lee had spent a week taking the morning announcements at face value, more or less. As much as she liked Coleen, as much as she trusted her, she couldn't convince herself that what was said about Coleen was entirely a lie. But she wasn't naive enough to think even for a moment that the voice over the speakers didn't benefit from telling half-truths, withholding context. It was up to Coleen to clarify and clear her own name.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Since you're by yourself now?

Coleen felt like she'd been slapped in the face, and her corresponding flinch sold away her feelings on the matter. Cold spikes ran down both her arms and a thickness built in her throat. That Georgia Lee had decided to sit closer to her somehow made the matter worse, as if she was now under close scrutiny. Fiyori had enough tact to leave the situation alone but here, now that it had been addressed and they clearly knew who was alive and who was dead, who had supposedly killed who...

No.

"You have no idea," Coleen murmured. She had completely withdrawn into herself, her gaze falling to her own knees. She felt like curling up into a tiny ball and telling the others to go away, but it wouldn't change anything and it couldn't explain away the weight crushing her ribs right now. The two of them were both judging her. It's no wonder that Georgia Lee had acted so uncharacteristically unsure when entering the room. Coleen had been hoping that it was something as shallow as reacting to her change in hairstyle, or even just recoiling from the look of her face. She would have taken that... she would have taken anything over this.

"Please don't," Coleen answered after a few seconds of quiet. To talk was to put forth all the effort she had right now. Her voice cracked but she refused to cry, chewing down viciously on the inside of her cheek in order to try and fight back the tears. "Don't make me relive what happened... I know he's dead because of me."
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

A gasp caught in Olivia's throat as she heard Georgia Lee's question, and then she watched Coleen break down.

Is that what I've looked like the past couple of days?

And this wasn't about Olivia, she wasn't the one who'd lost or killed someone, no, don't make it about yourself, but, she had cried basically every day on this island for one reason or another, even though she promised herself as soon as she woke up that she wouldn't give the terrorists that, and she had cried, she had broken down over and over again, and that's what she looked like?

She didn't know why, maybe it was that thought, or the fact that she thought about herself first rather than Coleen, but even though she hadn't been the one to ask Coleen about her day, Olivia felt a wave of guilt envelop her. She winced, really, and she wanted it to stop, wanted to bring back that fleeting, half-normal moment, so she moved forward an inch or so to hug her. But then her eyes caught again the spear next to Coleen, and she stopped, opted to stay in her seat, a good distance away. But she still wanted it to stop. So, she opted for words.

"No, no, Coleen, honey, Coleen, it's. It's..."

Fine? OK? Because it wasn't. Not at all. Olivia didn't know all of what happened. There was regret, that was clear enough, but what happened? Had it been an accident? Was it sudden rage? Did she do it on purpose, then felt remorse? All Olivia knew was that Coleen was broken down, and even though she seemed so pathetic in this moment, it scared her, scared Olivia. Lots of things did these days, but the thing was Coleen was vulnerable, unstable, and with a weapon next to her. Part of her wanted to lunge, grab the weapon from her, but everyone knew how that would end. So, she sat there, stuttered.

"D-don't- don't cry."

And it sounded so small, so tiny.

She looked wide-eyed at Georgia Lee, waited for her to do something, anything.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
backslash

Post by backslash »

"Wait, I- Coleen, I didn't..."

Georgia Lee didn't consider herself a hateful person. Hating people was a waste of energy, a waste of thoughts that she could be devoting to anything other than people who wronged her, because of course her hatred did nothing to them. She preferred to try and put them out of her mind entirely and focus her attentions elsewhere when she could, keeping her bitterness as a shield when necessary but discarding it when she didn't need her armor.

Georgia Lee had never hated anyone as impotently and as deeply as she hated all of the kids who had ever made Coleen cry. It didn't matter whether it was over her scars, or her timid nature, or some mistake. Kids would latch onto anything they could if they wanted to torment you, Georgia Lee knew that well enough. She had done everything in her power to help Coleen protect herself against those kinds of people, teaching her how to apply makeup, telling her to be more confident and stand up for herself, and she had never established any sort of contingency plan for the seemingly-impossible event that it would be Georgia Lee herself making Coleen cry.

Self-loathing wasn't new to her, though she had worked so hard over the years to bury it.

"That's not what I meant," she finished lamely. "I'm sorry."

Why was it so hard to force the words out? She had made herself apologize to Fiyori, for something that she wasn't even really sorry for. Her throat felt tight and her eyes stung, and she told herself it was due to the lack of sleep.

"You don't... whatever happened, you don't have to say it." And did she mean that, or was she trying to placate a dangerous unknown?

Coleen was her friend.

Was this really Coleen anymore?

"I just... I was trying to make conversation, I didn't think, I'm sorry."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

By now, she'd leaned forward and pressed her hands into her face. Her fingers cupped over her lips and nose, the tips meeting with each other at the top of her nose's bridge between her eyes. Coleen calmly, slowly breathed into the enclosed space in her hands, closing her eyes.

When she realized what she had done, Coleen forced her eyes open again. She didn't want to look at Olivia or Georgia Lee. She didn't want to match gazes with either of them, but part of her now feared either one of them moving in on her. They had proven that they listed to the announcements. They thought of her as a killer, somebody that they used to know but had become something different when the island changed her. The island did change her, same as it changed everybody, but Coleen would never accept that it had made her a killer, no matter how hard the guilt pressed.

Her hands moved back down to her knees, tugging and tearing at the hem of her skirt between. "No," she said, cheeks puffing as her jaw clenched and un-clenched with the decision to continue speaking. "I have to tell you what happened." She had to tell them what happened, because she knew what they thought of her.

The annoying sensation of something trickling down her cheek informed Coleen that she had failed to keep her emotions under wraps. "I found... Cameron. Over there, somewhere," Coleen looked to the door through gradually blurring vision. "A closet or something. I knew she was dead already, but actually seeing her..."

She had no choice but to swallow, or she'd never be able to continue further.

"Alessio was back there for... for SOME reason. He was killing somebody else." Her voice had taken on an angry, growling undertone and she shook her head as her eyebrows knit. "He couldn't answer me when I asked him why. I had the gun up, but I... I fucking..."

She hesitated, and in doing so Alessio was able to make his move. He got too close for her to fire a shot, the rifle was already pushed. She should have taken her finger off the trigger. She should have been stronger than him, or gotten Arthur to help. She never should have tried to attack Alessio in the first place, because if she hadn't, she would have had somebody on her side to help her get through shit like this.

"I don't know why Arthur got hit instead!" Her lungs felt like they were going to collapse in on themselves. If Coleen allowed herself to lose that bit of composure, she'd become a blubbering mess unable to defend herself, curled up on the couch and pulling the tie from her hair so she could hide behind it again. As it was, she grabbed a moldy-smelling cushion from the couch and pressed it against her chest to give her something to hug. It was a fair bit more comfortable in performing its job than the spear.

Deep breaths. She looked at Georgia Lee.

"But I killed him. Because I was trying to kill somebody else. So I'm still guilty."

I'm sorry.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

As Olivia listened, she put herself in Coleen's shoes. Then, she took them off. She already had enough to worry about on the island, she didn't need to add imaginary problems to her own. Except, those imaginary problems had a nonzero chance of becoming real ones for her.

More waves of guilt washed over her after the story finished. It was like they'd put Coleen on trial without evidence. Except, they had evidence, they had the announcements, and she could always make up stories, could always act, could always find new masks to put on. But her gut told her something as she looked at Coleen, at her breathing into her hands.

"Co-Coleen, it's f- it's fine. You're not guilty, you tried-" to do the right thing? This was the right thing now? But death row prisoners, murders, Alessio was a murderer. Serial murderer. Spit it out. "-to, to do the right thing. Alessio was, is dangerous. And no- I mean, it's not fine that that happened, I mean you're not guilty, not that it's fine." And now she was rambling, repeating herself, and she stopped before she lost all meaning. She looked at Georgia Lee again, expected her to find the words she was missing.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
backslash

Post by backslash »

Georgia Lee folded her hands in her lap and concentrated on them intensely. She regretted ever setting foot outside the cafeteria. She regretted not crossing Coleen's name off of her list as soon as she heard the announcement, regretted following her voice and seeing Fiyori and putting herself into this situation. Out of everything she had experienced so far, the intense discomfort of stumbling through a social interaction was somehow the worst.

"You understand what happened and what went wrong," she said finally. "Owning up to your actions is more than a lot of people who have done worse have done, I'm sure." Worse. Were two bodies that much worse than one? Five? Ten? Fiyori had killed one person, just like Coleen, and Georgia Lee considered her worse for the mere fact that she was Fiyori. They were both acts of revenge, but Coleen had missed her mark. And that boy, the one Coleen had been trying to kill, he was still out there alive as far as Georgia Lee could remember.

She looked at Coleen finally, and didn't ask whether or not Coleen would try to kill him again if he showed up. She didn't ask if Coleen was truly guilty or just putting on a show. She had always been such a wonderful actress.

"We don't have to talk about this."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

The girl folded her body up on the couch. Olivia's words were stammered, but meant well. Georgia Lee's were hollow, with some backbone but mired in uncertainty as to their sincerity. It only hurt as bad as it did because she was a close friend, somebody Coleen would have hoped would understand.

"No, um..." she whispered, "there's really nothing else left to say." And there wasn't, at least about Alessio.

"I'm fine."

She wasn't.

"What about Fiyori? She was here first, but left when..." Coleen trailed off, having a vague idea of how to finish the sentence but no longer wishing to talk.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

And all of a sudden, the tables turned, and now they were put on the spot. And really Georgia Lee was the one being put on the spot because she was why Fiyori left, she was the one who'd spent days with her, Olivia was just a bystander. But Olivia knew, knew what Georgia Lee did, and if she knew then why was she still here? Why? Because lying to someone about their eyeglasses wasn't much, wasn't anything compared to murdering, and while Coleen just made a mistake, she still made it, so maybe it would just be nothing to her if Olivia said it. And she hated how this conversation wasn't happening on Facebook, where one could type, re-type, delete your words without much problem, how the more she thought, the more things would seem off.

Eventually, after a few long seconds, Olivia said, "I... I don't know. I'm not sure." And then she looked at Georgia Lee. She could handle this.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Alba Reyes continued from Cucurrucucú paloma))

Back to the asylum. Alba had no clue if Brendan or anyone else she cared about could be in here, but considering the layout of the island and where the Danger Zones were, it made sense to check out the large building as opposed to the small ones. There could be hidden pockets of students somewhere within. Maybe Brendan and Fiyori had gone back there after she separated from them yesterday. Plus, with Blair and Enzo along with her, she was probably in her best armed situation so far.

They were getting close to the Staff Lounge. Alba was excited to check it out. It was the last place she was with Brendan and Fiyori, so it was their best chance of finding them.

"Hey guys," she said to Blair and Enzo, "I was in the lounge the other day with Brendan and Fiyori. We did some target practice, so it might be a bit messy. But hey, maybe they're in there. If not, we can take a short break. How does that sound?"

Return to “Staff Lounge”