I know exactly what I want and who I want to be.

Night 7, Private

The doctors' offices are located at the back of the staff area and are mainly situated all along one corridor. There was a practical purpose to this; the patients could become very noisy when agitated, and if a doctor was on the night shift they would need rest, thus all the offices were located in a fairly quiet sector. To better facilitate rest, all of the offices contain beds along with the regular desks and chairs. Many of the walls of these offices have medical diagrams and charts pinned up on them, while some contain bookshelves that hold many different medical journals. One of them even has a photo of the doctor in question performing a lobotomy with a plaque reading "Happy 50th! From The Guys".
backslash

I know exactly what I want and who I want to be.

Post by backslash »

((Georgia Lee Day continued from Cast in the Name of God))

Georgia Lee leaned heavily against the wall out in the hallway. She hadn't made it far from the staff lounge, but then she didn't need to go far. She just wanted some air, but the air here was stale and stinking just like in the library. She hadn't been able to escape death since leaving the cafeteria.

It was time to go back. She needed to patch herself up, keep an eye on Olivia and Coleen (Coleen who had proven herself a friend even when Georgia Lee doubted her, and who was associated with a confusion of emotion and guilt that Georgia Lee didn't have the power to work through in this state). She turned accordingly and pushed the door open when she reached it, only to find herself staring into the dim confines of an office rather than the staff lounge.

She... she hadn't thought she had gone far. She couldn't have. It was the next door down, then. She was just mixed up because it was dark and she was tired, and of course bleeding. It was deeply unpleasant, the pain and the dampness of her tights. She needed to get back and take care of that right away.

Georgia Lee stumbled before she reached the next door and the movement made her head spin. She pressed herself against the wall to keep from falling, though the muscles in her injured leg protested with a burst of agony that made her whimper. But she hadn't gone that far, right? The door was... it was right there, surely.

She looked up, and a figure melted out of the darkness like a ghost, like a nightmare creature, like a panther stalking though the shadowed jungle.

"Fiyori...?" Georgia Lee whispered at the hallucination.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Riki

Post by Riki »

It was surprising to see GLD in such a state. Somewhat of an unpleasant surprise, if Fiyori was honest with herself, but a welcomed situation regardless. Funny how these things worked.

[[Fiyori Senay, continued from Zum Glueck In Die Zukunft II]]

Fiyori leaned against the wall, one foot standing firmly on the ground while she had lifted the other to scratch her ankles. She heard the other girl right next to her mouth Fiyori's name, but she didn't react to that. Fiyori stared into the unclear and dark distance of the room, before finally mustering GLD's leg. It was then that she made noise. Fiyori chuckled softly.

Then, silence for even more seconds.

Georgia Lee continued to struggle, not particularly with standing up, or holding into the wall or something, but with keeping herself alive. Tough situation to start a conversation, but Fiyori had to talk about some shit one way or the other.

"Who? ...I mean, who wounded you?"
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎡 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎡 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
backslash

Post by backslash »

Fiyori - ghost or flesh, Georgia Lee wasn't entirely sure - laughed at her. Of course she did. She asked who had done this, presumably so that she could go and give them a congratulations later on. Predators and hunters, all of them.

"Blair," Georgia Lee said finally, and she was again surprised at how weak her own voice was.

She leaned against the wall, trying to watch Fiyori warily, but she couldn't quite get her eyes to focus. Or perhaps Fiyori wasn't really there.

Perhaps it was all a bad dream, Georgia Lee thought to herself with a sour sort of amusement. This whole lousy week was a dream, and soon she would wake up in her own boring bed, in her own boring house, with her own boring, terrible older sister and her own boring parents. She had never embraced boredom, but she supposed she might welcome the familiarity for a little while.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Riki

Post by Riki »

Blair? Alright then. Fiyori was positively flabbergasted, but she could accept the answer for the moment. To see GLD being injured like this wasn't easy, not because Fiyori cared about the girl, but because it was such a crass contradiction of Fiyori's world view. Still, once they start making Thank-you cards for killing people you didn't like, Blair ought to get one. A nice case of chocolate and maybe wine too.

Fiyori chuckled again. Georgia Lee's misery was enjoyable regardless of anything else, and that was what mattered.

Aside from that, Fiyori was still curious. It had already confounded her to see Georgia Lee leave the cafeteria, but Fiyori felt asking her about this would be futile. Georgia Lee wasn't exactly the person you'd trust to have a coherent grasp on her own memory.

"Well, I am glad I got to see you anyway. There's something I meant to tell you."

She scratched the corners of her mouth. Dirt, dried blood and saliva had been collected over the days. It didn't annoy her, but she wanted to make sure her lips could move as free as possible.

"Actually, try to guess first, if you still can:

Why, Georgia Lee, do I hate you so?"
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎡 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎡 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
backslash

Post by backslash »

Georgia Lee almost could have laughed if she wasn't so out of breath.

"How should I know?" She shot back bitterly. "I n-never... I never did anything to you." Her knees wobbled, but she pressed her back against the wall, forced herself to stay upright. "I never... did anything to anybody. You all just decided I was an easy target."

Fiyori. Vanessa. Her sisters before all of them. Her parents not caring that she suffered. Of course someone would shoot her as soon as she left safety and solitude here. All she had ever been to their kind was prey, despite her best efforts.

She gingerly slid one foot away from the wall to test her strength, but it wasn't promising. She would have to wait for Fiyori, real or hallucination, to tire of her questions game and pass on.
Riki

Post by Riki »

She shook her head. It was the only thing that she could do. For a brief moment a vision of a different future appeared before Fiyori. A world in which Fiyori pulled out the gun she had, pressed Georgia Lee against the wall and execute her with one shot. It would end her suffering before it was due to end, and worse yet, such an action would not express the 'truth' of her feelings.

It got a further chuckle out of her anyway. She leaned in.

"Close but no cigar. You cannot act not, you know?"

Fiyori waited for a few moments more. An opportunity for Georgia Lee to take in what she said. What would come next, Fiyori knew, would be a mouthful.

"As you might have guessed, my plans after graduation were more or less to just kill myself. And yet, despite having ample opportunity to get rid of my own life I am still here.

...because of you."

Fiyori cracked her knuckles. Thought a bit about what came next.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
backslash

Post by backslash »

Those words shouldn't have hit her so hard. They shouldn't have felt like a ton of bricks in her chest. Georgia Lee didn't like Fiyori. She had thought often that a life like hers, a life full of boys and drugs and hedonism and tormenting others, wasn't really worth living. But she hadn't thought that Fiyori agreed, and she had certainly never been petty or bitter enough to wish Fiyori dead.

(If she were to be really, brutally honest with herself, Georgia Lee desperately wanted everyone who had ever wronged her alive well into the future, long enough to see her succeeding where they had all failed.)

"Wh-why?" Why did Fiyori want to kill herself? And why was it Georgia Lee's fault she was still around? Because she had awoken Fiyori that first morning, dragged her to safety, talked with her about the future?

The sound of Fiyori's knuckles popping reminded Georgia Lee suddenly that she had left her supplies and all the weapons back in the lounge. Her first instinct was the shrink further back against the wall, but that would do her no good. It never had, where Fiyori was concerned.

Instead, she lifted her chin as steadily as she could and stared at the shape of Fiyori's face in the darkness. Are you real? she wanted to ask, but she kept quiet and waited for Fiyori's next words.
Riki

Post by Riki »

"Why? Good question, to be honest."

Fiyori met her former partner's eyes, or at least she tried the best she could do in the dark.

"My life is futile. I can change no thing, and I derive no pleasure. At least, that was my thinking. Being stuck with you in the library... and I guess, hearing the names on the announcements and the screams in the distance changed something.

All of a sudden, I felt a desire. I wanted to go out. I wanted to protect my friends and kill my enemies. I wanted to do something to change the world to my liking, but when I finally felt like taking action... Some cuntface held my goddamm glasses."

Fiyori stepped closer, felt her forehead colliding softly against GLD's scalp.

"So that's more or less why I stormed out of the library back then. I was pissed at you for robbing me of my agency. I started to craft an image of you. The image of a mighty demon I'd have to slay. And an image of me, a hero to save her friends.

I was proven foolish on both points."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
backslash

Post by backslash »

"It was the cafeteria," Georgia Lee mumbled against Fiyori's poncho. She wasn't sure if Fiyori was hugging her or trying to smother her.

"I had... g-good reasons..."

She always had good reasons, but nobody ever listened. She just had to hold out until they all saw that she was right.

It was funny in a way, the idea of Fiyori considering her a demon. It was a role reversal that Georgia Lee would never have considered.

Fiyori smelled terrible, a metallic tang of dried blood clinging to her along with the scent of going unwashed for a week. She felt terrible, some kind of spider encroaching on Georgia Lee, trapping her.

But she felt familiar.

When Georgia Lee's legs gave out, she slumped against Fiyori, clinging to her to stay upright. She felt solid, real, where Georgia Lee herself was starting to feel so very far away.

She felt like home.

G029 GEORGIA LEE DAY: DECEASED
Riki

Post by Riki »

Oh, the cafeteria? That was worrying, in it's own kind, but a kind to be pondered later one way or the other. More pressing issues existed, and they did so quite literally. GLD fell, or she would have fallen, and slumped against Fiyori.

Fiyori grasped her foe's hair, wrapped the other around the smaller girl's back.

"Good reasons, huh? Yea, you had your reasons. I guess that's a way of seeing it."

"The point I am trying to make here is, that I have none. All that hostility, back in Kingman and what we have here, none of that is grounded in logic.

I have no reason to hate you.

And yet I do."

Fiyori started combing through Georgia Lee's hair. She smelled terrible. Or so Fiyori would have guessed. She didn't know. But she did knew one thing, and that was that she was - for once and one time only - truly content. To speak out the truth was liberating. She would not have thought it.

"Huh... hahaha, pretty nice to talk about your feelings for once. Don't you agree?"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Riki

Post by Riki »

It took Fiyori a few moments to realize.

"I cannot believe this. Here I am, pouring out my heart all over you and you just fucking die on me."

She loosened her grip on GLD and instead shoved her away. The body made a flat pounding sound as it hit the ground.

"Rude."

[[Fiyori Senay, continued in OK KID]]
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]

Return to β€œDoctors' Offices”