I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying

The first set of wards encountered upon ascending to the second floor are the regular wards. These wards were used for patients that were considered low-risk, and as a result these rooms could be considered small but adequate. In each room, a metal bed frame, an end table, and a shelf for books can be found in various states of decay and with various objects on them, left largely untouched as a result of the abandonment of the island. Nothing about the rooms is comforting, however; like most of the asylum they were built with an eye towards cost efficiency rather than patient comfort. Belongings of previous patients can still be found in these rooms—a visible reminder of what the asylum used to be used for, with pictures from art therapy stuck up on some walls and photos of family on others.
Muninn†

I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying

Post by Muninn† »

((Bernadette Thomas continued from Accept Our Ring and Join Our Fight))

It was nearing midday on the third day since Bernadette had holed herself up in this trashheap of a room. There had been a couple of times, mainly in the morning and early afternoon of the second day, in which she had considered the idea of moving around to reduce the risk of being found, but she had decided against it. After all, she was just as likely to run into someone while moving around, so wouldn't it be better to just stick with the slightly-more-familiar environment. At the very least, staying in one place would hopefully help her to recover her strength.

Today's pain wasn't the worst that she had ever felt. It wasn't "Oh god, get me to a hospital" levels of pain. Hell, if she had been back in Kingman, she might have even forced herself to go to school if there was an important test or event going on. It wouldn't have been pleasant, but she would have been able to manage. In the end, however, the thing that kept her from leaving her hideout was the same thing that had made her worry if she would be okay staying in one place.

In other words, it was those goddamn announcements.

Out past those walls, people were dying. More importantly, people were killing. She couldn't help herself from thinking of going out now and then... not just because of the concern that she might be found if she stayed in one spot, but also because it felt wrong to just sit in the corner while her classmates fought each other outside those walls. But ultimately, she always ended up putting those thoughts to the side. If her life was going to be in danger the instant she stepped through those doors, she couldn't afford to force herself. She needed to be in the best shape that she could manage.

Just a little bit longer...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Muninn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

((Olivia Fischer continues from a concrete cave))

At first, Olivia was rather thankful that the body sitting in a corner was not, in fact, a body, but a person, a living, breathing person. Bernadette. Drawer, dancer. Brave. Not really a new beginning, but more like Hannah. Midway between. And guilt washed through her as she remembered Hannah, but she put it aside. Tried to, at least.

She'd been checking each and every room, trying to see if there were any bottles of water or packs of food scattered around. Part of her knew that she most likely wouldn't find a thing in these hallways, and she had planned for that. Across the bridge was the pub, and on the other side of the island was the storehouse. And if she somehow didn't find anything in either of those places, she could always try to distill water from the beach. How she'd manage that was an entirely different matter, but she'd cross that bridge when she got there.

If she ever planned on it, really.

Really, the only reason why she even bothered staying here was because in her mind was a sanctuary that she'd promised she'd return to. Once she found enough water and maybe some food, once she had that, she would let the four walls protect her and close in on her and encase her and hide her, hide her from the world, hide the world from her, she would eat her water and drink her water and accumulate dust on her skin and, until the collars told her to leave, she would stay. And if she ever had to leave, she would find some other asylum room, some other cave. She had a sanctuary, and she was intent on staying near it. The farther she went, by herself, like easy bait, the farther away from protection she'd be. So, maybe she'd get lucky, and find her supplies on the floor up. Who knew? Maybe God would just give her this. But instead of finding any of that, she found this new beginning sitting in front of her.

The easier option, as always, would have been to simply leave and go on her way. But she'd stood there for too long, and in the air hung this sort of expectation that one of them was supposed to say something. She wanted to do things different. Maybe Hannah had left her behind because she was too awkward, too shy.

So, she took a step into the room, and said, "Hey."
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

And maybe Olivia could break expectations and just go away. Maybe that's what Bernadette wanted. Maybe she couldn't even pretend to be brave, even though the girl was just sitting in a corner. Olivia looked at her, looking at the slightest curve of the lip, at the slightest twitch of an eyelid, and read contempt. And she hadn't screwed up and cursed, shouted like she'd done with Hannah, she hadn't done anything wrong yet, but neither of them spoke, and this expectation continued to hang in the air. She'd been waiting for a few seconds of forever for Bernadette to reply. And yet she didn't. She didn't because maybe Hannah and Irene weren't the only ones who didn't care about her, who she'd managed to scare off, maybe it was everyone else.

And maybe it would be best for Olivia to leave and look for water somewhere else. So, she stepped out as quickly as she'd stepped in, with that solitary hey left by itself, waiting to be noticed.

((Olivia Fischer continues in Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Muninn†

Post by Muninn† »

Caught off guard by the other girl's arrival, Bernadette had tried to take a few seconds to compose herself. At least, she'd though it had only been a few seconds, but for all she knew it might have been longer. At any rate, by the time she was ready to respond the other girl had apparently run off.

Bernadette was just about to breathe a sigh of relief when it hit her that whoever it was might decide to come back with friends.

Well, shit.

She'd been planning on maybe taking another day or so to recover, and in light of the fact of how hard it had been for her to gain her composure just for the act of speaking to somebody, she still wasn't entirely sure that she didn't still need that extra time. In the end, however, the idea of sitting in one place while other people knew where to find her didn't really seem to be such a good idea.

((Bernadette Thomas continued in There Are So Many Offices, but Everybody Seems To Be A Patient. Where Are the Doctors?))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Muninn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Regular Wards”