I'll Face Myself (Another Version)

Pre-mortem Oneshot

The old wooden roller coaster stands exceptionally tall and has held up well over the years, aside from a little chipping paint and gutted controls. The track is remarkably sturdy despite its old age and appears traversable, although there are several loop-de-loops and twists in it. It could make for a decent lookout point, if nothing else.
Espi

I'll Face Myself (Another Version)

Post by Espi »

((Theodore Fletcher's story continues from Mass Destruction))

It was funny that he ended up back here after so long, Theo considered as he stared up at the roller coaster in the midday sun.

Announcements had come and gone, and nothing was worthy of much note. More people had killed, more were dead. It wasn't likely to change anytime soon. Kat had killed Steven though, which was admittedly not a big surprise; if he'd followed her and attacked, Theo would bet on Kat over Steven/

Theo had, days ago, stood gazing and reflecting upon the roller coaster above him. He'd wondered if he was going to live, wondered what his next goal was, and tried to determine his course of action. He'd decided that playing along with the game was the safest path, and then he'd apologized.

Waste of his time, that. He'd slain three people now, he wasn't allowed to be forgiven. He sucked, he really did. He sucked at SOTF, he sucked at being a good person, he as just a grade-A failure all around. He deserved to be dead.

He shook his head. What was he doing, pretending to be so miserable. He had no regrets; he wasn't going to allow himself to. It would just get him killed or make him kill himself, and either way it'd all be wasted. There was nothing left but to keep going on, keep trying and fighting and just do whatever it took to win.

He'd come so far. No letting himself die now.

Theo stood in the park for a little while, feeling the warm sun. When he left eventually, he knew his purpose, that much was clear. Fight to the end, no matter what it took.

((Theodore Fletcher's story concludes in Fill Your Hand, You Son of a Bitch))

Return to “Roller Coaster”