Reflections

The harbor and loading area is a cement slab leading up to a ramp where materials could be put out to sea. Nearby is a small building containing a supervisor’s office.
Skraal

Reflections

Post by Skraal »

((Eliza Patton continued from Reverie))

Mud squelched beneath Eliza's feet as she shambled towards the water. She could feel the sun beating down on her as she moved farther away from the hospital. Grimacing for a moment, she shifted the straps of her bag to her other shoulder. After a few more moments of walking, she reached the edge of the loading dock.

She stared  into the horizon as she stood at the end of ramp. The shimmering of the sun across the water had an almost hypnotic quality, making it hard to look away. The serene quality of the surroundings provided an rather severe contrast to the intensity the characterized the earlier part of her day. It wasn't nearly as interesting, but Eliza had to admit that still enjoyed the break, none the less. There was always time for more excitement later.

Sighing, she took a look behind her. Nobody seemed to have followed her from the hospital, which was a pretty good sign. She wiped her hands on her skirt. It wasn't that she was afraid of a fight or anything, but she really wasn't in the mood for another one so soon after the last one.

As she glanced downward, something caught her eye. Eliza kneeled closer to the water as she studied her reflection. God, she was a mess. Her clothes were ripped and bloodied, and she had developed a rather prominent black eye where Tyler had punched her a few days ago. All in all, she was a rather horrific sight.

After a few moments of silence, sharp barking laughter burst from her lips.

It was just so perfect. A fucked up appearance to go with her fucked up existence.
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

((Garrett Cobbler continued from WonderWander))

After spending hours contemplating his situation, Garrett came to a conclusion. He couldn't keep going the way he had been- completely defenseless and constantly terrified. He had to get some sort of defense- an ally, a weapon- just something. Even if trying to get it risky, it would pay off in the long run. With luck, he might actually survive the first time someone decides to kill him.

Garrett entered the office about an hour after the announcement, wet and tired after having walked in the rain for hours with little rest. The office was a mess, to say the least. Someone had, for some indecipherable reason, smashed a desk and a window. Garrett didn't particularly care, though. He just wanted a place where he could rest without any danger of being drenched if it started raining again. After changing into dry clothes, Garrett sat down in a corner free of glass shards  or splinters and nodded off.

Garrett awoke as he heard the sound of someone walking past the office, towards the end of the dock. His first though was to hide in the office until they left. But he couldn't do that. He had made a decision. He had been given another chance. He couldn't chicken out.

Hopefully this would go better than the last two times.

As he left the office and walked towards the dock, he was able to get a clear view of the person. The multi-colored mohawk drew his attention, as did the gun. It was Eliza Patton. The girl who killed a guy armed with nothing but a toy lightsaber.

She suddenly started laughing, and Garrett took that as a sign to get away as fast as he could. He turned to run, but tripped and fell forward. He let out a yelp as he tried to regain his balance. Garrett manged to steady himself, but then quickly turned back to look at Eliza. He had made too much noise. He was petrified, staring at Eliza, agonizingly waiting for her to turn around. This had been a mistake.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Eliza's head jerked upwards as the sound of the shout echoed through the air. Bracing herself against the dock, she pulled herself to her feet. If someone was here to take her out, they'd be in for a hell of a...

This line of thought was suddenly broken when she saw the terrified expression of the boy standing before her. Her muscles relaxed as she picked up her rifle.  Still smiling, she took a step forward toward him. 

"Hello there."

She stood still, watching the quivering figure before her. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. She quickly scanned over him with her eyes. He didn't seem to be carrying any weapons, but he looked pretty athletic. Eliza winced as she remembered her previous fights with guys like that. He didn't look aggressive, but still. She didn't want to repeat what happened with Tyler and Michael. It would be best not to let him get too close.

Eliza stretched before addressing the boy again.

"Do you need something?"
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Garrett had expected Eliza to be... well, more aggressive. She certainly looked like she had been in a few ugly fights. She could see that he had no way to defend himself against a gun. He was an easy kill, so why was Eliza acting so casual?

She asked him a question. Did he need something? He desperately tried to gather his thoughts as his eyes darted around the docks. Why was he there?

"I, uh..." He had wanted an ally, right? Or a weapon? Well, he wasn't going to try to ally with Eliza, and he wasn't stupid enough to try to take her weapon.

"N-no. I'm just..." Garrett paused to collect his thoughts, and then continued. "...wandering around, trying to find a place to stay. I'm not looking for any trouble or anything. I'm not the type to get into a fight."
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

((Sharon Austin continued from The Pain Felt By Those Left Behind))

She never bothered to look at the map. She didn't even think about a plan on how to survive in the game. Sharon was walking with the bike, her only weapon stored in the bag slung behind her back. The 2x4 jutted out for easy access, just in case she was attacked. At the same time though, did she even care? The odds were stacked against her and she knew she was going to die. There wasn't going to be an escape. The people who organized this game were smarter than that.

Hearing the sound of voices, Sharon couldn't help but be intrigued. Trying to be as quiet as she can, she carefully walked over towards the location of the voices. As she heard them coming from the edge of the dock, she looked around for a place to put her bike. The item was growing to be quite annoying to have to carry around at all times, but the ability to travel from place to place quickly was something not to be underestimated.

Seeing a building nearby, she nestled the bike against the wall and took out her 2x4. The golf balls were still in her jeans pocket while the fake Molotov cocktails were inside her bag. Staying hidden behind the building, Sharon took a peak around to see what was going on. As they were a short distance away, Sharon had to squint to see what was going on. All she could really see that a girl was holding a guy at gunpoint.

Sharon's eyes open wide and she almost immediately ducked behind the dock wall again. This could not be happening. First Hansel, now this? She felt herself sliding down the wall and slumping on the floor. It was lucky that she could still hear them, but she was in a sticky situation where the aggressor had a fucking gun. Hansel was disuaded by a hit to face with a golf ball, but as the boy was closer to her than the gun girl, she doubted she could hit the face again.

She kept her ears open, waiting to see whether or not she needed to take action. Hopefully, this would have a peaceful resolution.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

((Sorry for the delay, I'll be more punctual with my posts in this thread from now on.))

So he wasn't looking for trouble, huh? Eliza had heard that before. Still, he didn't seem like the others. If he really was as unwilling to fight as he claimed, this could be a useful opportunity. She had lost a good portion of her supplies back at the zipline tower...

She gestured with her rifle as she spoke, pointing off to the side.

"Well if you're looking for a place to stay here, I'm afraid you're out of luck. I don't really feel like sharing this right now. To put it bluntly, you'll have to leave."

Eliza paused for a moment before again aiming her rifle straight at the boy in front of her. She grinned as she stared up at him.

"But first, give me your bag."
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

For a brief, foolishly optimistic moment Garrett thought Eliza would just let him leave. But of course she wasn't going to do that.

Garrett stared at the rifle, mouth hanging open. He probably wouldn't be able to survive without his bag. But that didn't matter anymore. He would die right there if he refused.

He looked Eliza straight in the eye and nodded. "Okay, I get it. I'll give it to you."

Arms shaking, Garrett took off his daypack and set it down in front of him. "Just let me go. Please"
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Sharon grimaced. Was this the only thing that was in a player's bag of tricks? The exact same thing happened with Hansel yesterday, and the only thing she could do was throw a golf ball and make him run away with the bags. She could very much do the same thing here. She had the golf balls. They were in her pocket. The problem was that the throw would be much harder. Even if she could throw it, there was no evidence that the girl wouldn't do the same thing Hansel did.

There had to be a better way. She didn't have her spear anymore. That broke back at the hotel. All she had was her 2x4 with nails and the fake Molotov cocktails. Wait. She had Molotov cocktails. She could easily pass it off as her original weapon, owing to her actual one being thrown away somewhere. It would involve putting herself in danger, but she was sick of just sitting about and watching the same shit happen.

"Hey Bloody Mary! I wouldn't do that if I were you." She yelled out to the other girl, running out of her hiding place with a Molotov cocktail in one of her hands while a lighter from the bag was in the other. Trying to stay confident, she kept her body posture strong and her face unreadable in a glare towads the girl with a rifle. As for where the name came from, she didn't know who the girl was and owing to her first impressions, the name just came to mind.

"You steal that bag from him, and I'm going to ignite this baby and make it so that you burn in a sea of flames before you even get a chance to use the things in his bag. So drop the fucking gun unless you have a death wish." She continued to shout, slowly advancing towards her with false confidence. Inside, she was shitting her pants and she prayed that she wouldn't pick up on her bluff, but she had to stay strong, even though the lighter arm was shaking slightly.
[+] Version 7

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Damn it.

Eliza turned her head to face this new threat. The idea of the tiny girl with the glasses standing to the side being a threat would have been completely ridiculous if she didn't have the ability to set anyone on fire. At the present, however, her presence was setting off ringing alarm bells in Eliza's head.

This was not good. Even if shorty didn't end up throwing her molotov at them, the boy who she had just attempted to rob definitely would fight back. She thought back to her encounter with Tyler on the first day. The last time she had hesitated while trying to mug an athlete, she had gotten a painful beating for her troubles. She couldn't afford to let either of them get the upper hand. Almost unconsciously, her hands moved to aim her rifle in the other girl's direction. She had to act fast.

Eliza took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

When Garrett surrendered his bag, he hoped that he might have been able to avoid violence. That hope was dashed entirely when Sharon appeared with a Molotov cocktail. As much as Garrett wanted to keep his bag, Sharon threatening Eliza over it would just escalate the situation. They would get into a fight, and of course Garrett would get caught in the crossfire. He'd end up shot, or worse, burned alive.

And it did escalate. When Eliza turned to shoot at Sharon, Garrett's first inclination was to turn and run as fast as he could. He had a chance, though. He could still get his bag while Eliza was distracted. Surprisingly, he took the risk.

Grabbed grabbed his bag off the ground before turning back and running up the dock. He only hoped that he'd make it.  
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Her heart sank as she saw Eliza aiming the gun at her. Shit, this was not going well. All the false confidence she was putting up was slowly peeling away as the possibility of death slowly started to sink in. Sharon realized that standing around like an idiot was not the best idea when someone had a gun aimed towards her, she had to move really fast really soon.

Almost immediately, she dropped her molotov cocktail and dived to the right. The sounds of fire rung against her ears as she slammed onto the floor. Her right side ached from the impact, but she didn't have time to register that. As soon as she hit the floor, Sharon pushed herself up and bolted for the cover she had previously taken, hoping that another shot wouldn't come her way.

She didn't know about how the other person was doing, she didn't care for that matter. All she could think about was getting hell out of there. Getting on her bike and quickly making sure she had all her things, Sharon almost immediately pedaled away, using an energy she didn't know she have. She just wanted to survive, even if it was at the cost of someone else. She could feel the guilt inside her as she moved away, but yet, the feeling of fear was overwhelming.

((Sharon Austin continued elsewhere...))
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Eliza could feel the frustration boiling up inside her. It was enough that she had been distracted, but her chance at making up for the supplies that she lost was also slipping through her fingers.

Shit. She had to salvage the situation somehow. She needed that food. Eliza moved her gun into position and fired at Garrett.

What a shame. He did seem like a pretty interesting guy, for a jock.
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

For a second, Garrett actually thought that he was going to escape. Then the bullets tore through his back.

Garrett fell face first on the concrete. Thankfully, he wasn't given time for regrets. He wasn't given the time to curse himself for following Eliza, or to wonder if he would of had a chance if he had just decided to leave. He had hoped for a quick death, and that's what he got.

B010, GARRETT COBBLER: DECEASED
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Eliza stared numbly as the boy fell to the ground. His bag landed a few feet away, thudding against the hard ground as blood began to pool around the nearby corpse.

The deed was done.

Eliza looked around for a few seconds before lowering her gun. That girl from before was nowhere to be seen. What was the point of threatening to fight if she wasn't going to even stay to back up her threats?

Eliza sighed. She supposed she should be thankful for the opportunity to salvage the situation. She walked forward and knelt before Garrett's bag, transferring the contents to hers. After everything of use had been taken, she stood up and walked away, sparing a quick glance to the corpse behind her as she fled the scene.

((Eliza Patton continued in The Crazy Kids))
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick