Whereabouts Unknown

The terminal was used to hold passengers while they awaited their flight, and served as a welcome for those entering the island. It is much less welcoming now, having a floor littered with broken glass and overturned benches.
Deamon

Whereabouts Unknown

Post by Deamon »

((Gray Emerson continued from Steadier Footing))

Gray slowly stepped into the abandoned terminal his feet crushing some broken glass as he did so. He glanced down, noticing it for the first time. If he had been trying to be stealthy that would have ruined it, he hadn't been trying though which was lucky. Gray was tired, he'd not really slept since he'd woken up in the park but still he needed to stay on his toes. The moment he dropped his guard someone could attack him. He touched the pistol still tucked down the back of his jeans, a form of safety. It made him feel a little safer knowing he had it. He still didn't know if he could use it though and if he was honest he hoped he never had to find out. It was a vain hope he knew, he would have to use the pistol eventually whether it was to defend himself or protect someone else. Pacifism wasn't going to work, the announcements had proven that much, and people were killing each other. Soon it would be his turn to end up on announcement either as a killer or a victim. Morbid though really. Scarily true as well.

Then the voice echoed through the terminal. It wasn't the Danya guy's voice either. He said he was the collar. He then said that no one had managed to get a kill the day before. That was when Gray's collar beeped. His heart stopped and he didn't breath, everything seemed very still and quiet for what seemed like an age and then...

Nothing.

Nothing happened.

The guy had been joking. It was a sick joke but Gray breathed a sigh of relief all the same. He wondered whether it was a good a good or a bad thing that he felt relieved because on the one hand more of his classmates had died but on the other...he shook his head. It was messed up.

More deaths and more names, Gray just shook his head. He couldn't react any other way. He moved deeper into the terminal and threw his pack onto a row of seats, crashing down next to it soon after. He laid his head back on the seat and looked up at the ceiling, blinking every so often.

Everything was so messed up and Gray counted himself as one of the lucky ones. The madness that was Survival of the Fittest hadn't managed to get him yet. It felt like it was getting closer all the time though, after all there was only so long he'd be able to last before something crazy happened. So far though...well so far he only had to listen to the names of his dead classmates get read off.

It made it all feel further away than it actually was, he didn't know if that was better or worse.

He realised that he hadn't been keeping track of whether or not Oscar and Andi had actually followed him. He was going to feel guilty about that if he'd lost them. Andi especially.

Gray adjusted his beanie and closed his eyes. Everything was so much harder, with a small sigh he stood up. The terminal wasn't going to explore itself.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

((Cassandra Black continued from Everything Here is a Small Cap Investment))

Cassandra had spent the entire third day running.

That was quite a feat for her, given that she was remarkably unathletic. She had not ever done anything in the way of sports, but the fear and adrenaline had managed to push her. The entire time, she could not believe what had happened. Alex had abandoned her. Because she was a massive bitch. Alex had been nothing but nasty to her, coming up with idiotic plans that the terrorists had probably thought of already. That girl could go off and get herself killed; Cassandra was going to focus on surviving for long enough that she could be rescued at all. By the time the third day had ended, she had found herself near the edge of the woods. She had passed out, exhausted.

Thankfully nobody found her that evening, or else she may have very well not woken up. Still, she kept moving, and eventually she found herself at a familiar place.

The old airstrip. Where she had woken up.

Cassandra realized that she was starving. She needed to eat. She had worked through most of her bread at that point, but she had not even touched the weird nutrition bars. They looked like they would last, so she would not need to touch them until she burned through all the perishable food. That drove Cassandra to move towards the abandoned terminal. She would be able to find some peace there, hopefully.

As Cassandra entered the building, she saw a figure searching the place, probably for surprise. He looked familiar.

She froze when she got a look at his face.

He probably hated her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Glass shifted under foot as Gray looked around some of the check-in desks. Unsurprisingly he had yet to find anything that would be useful. He'd been expecting that much; someone had probably been left in the terminal to wake up and taken everything already. He was looking through the scraps of the scraps.

There was nothing of value anywhere he looked. He wasn't exactly disappointed by that. He did still have a lot of his supplies after all and the gun. He'd be able to stay safe just off the gun alone when it came down to it. No one was going to want to attack him if he had a gun pointed at their head, the question of whether he'd be able to pull the trigger could be saved until he was put into that situation though. Didn't bear thinking about it as things were.

He sighed and vaulted back over the desk.

Didn't airports sometimes have those displays of what you could and couldn't take through security, or one of those sharp objects bins? Maybe that would be worth a look? Just so he had something else? Gray shook his head. He didn't need anything else and he just needed to keep his head. Grabbing everything that wasn't nailed down wasn't keeping his head.

He heard the footsteps of someone else meaning that Andi had finally arrived.

"Hey. Haven't been able to find..." He had looked up, and it wasn't Andi, it was someone he'd met at the same time he'd met Andi instead.

"Hey."

It was Cassandra. The fun had arrived.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

"Uh, hi..."

Cassandra was at a loss for words. She had run into someone. So far, everyone she had run into had turned out to be bad news, or at least not good news. And now she had run into someone with whom she had a history.

It could have been worse, she could have run into Max. At least Gray had not killed yet, "yet" being the operative word.

"What're you looking for? Maybe I could help?"

Maybe she could make some sort of amends.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Gray hadn't been expecting Cassandra of all people to be the one to walk into the airport terminal. The amount of awkwardness in the building was insane though. It made sense though, after all the last time Gray and Cassandra had seen each other Cassandra had been laying verbal abuse on him for starting a food fight...well the way people spoke about it, it was the food fight but that wasn't the point.

The point was they had not been on good terms. But yet here they were standing opposite each other while they were on the island, taking part in SOTF. Gray instinctively reached back for the gun and stopped once he felt it. There was no danger, Cassandra wasn't a threat, and she looked worse off than he did.

He let his hand drop down to his side as she started talking. From the sound of it she was trying a much friendlier approach this time around. Gray didn't mind that in the slightest, she wasn't pleasant to be around the first time so anything else was an improvement on what she had been like.

"I wasn't looking for anything really, just stuff that could be useful." He said, rubbing his neck and relaxing his posture as he did so. "But whoever was here first got the good stuff."

He adjusted his beanie. The encounter was managing to be incredibly awkward.

"You can have a look if you want." Gray flicked his hand out to emphasise his point. He was still unsure of Cassandra and was treading carefully as far as what he said went.

He didn't need a repeat of the athletics fields, especially not in the situation they were in.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

((Sorry for the shit post; I'm about to leave on vacation and just want to get something down))

"Well, whoever got here first got here after I did. I did not look around for anything, though. I just sort of ended up leaving." She did not need to go into details about what had happened over the past few days. They had not gone particularly well, and Cassandra wanted to forget about them.

Cassandra began looking around the terminal, not finding anything useful. She searched mostly in silence; she did not have anything to say to Gray. The company was nice, though.

Cassandra forgot where they were for a moment.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

((Corey Esposito continued from This place isn't all it's quacked up to be.))

The airport had come into view after a while, and Corey headed towards it. He didn't know what he was expected to find, but he would have been fine with anything.

Slowly and gingerly, he'd made his way into the terminal, trying to keep an eye on his surroundings. If anyone were to attack him here, he'd have no chance.

Not that he'd have a chance anyway, even if he'd kept his so-called weapon. It was more procedure, really.

That's when he heard voices, coming from a ways away. They weren't too loud, but since it was really quiet in the terminal the noises stood out plenty.

"Who's there?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

So Cassandra had already been to the airstrip once before. That was good information to know just so that he could keep track of whether she was lying to him or not. He didn't have any reason to believe that but she seemed smart and cunning enough for it. As it stood though he looked to be in the clear with that. Since she was being far too helpful and overly even if she was theoretically planning on using him.

He knew better then to ask about her leaving, there was something about the way she said it that made it clear something had gone bad. Then she was off searching in silence. Despite the lack of words and the general awkwardness between them at least she was company and something could be said for having some company.

"You having any luck?" He asked, trying to start up some kind of conversation.

Before he could get a reply though another voice called out.

Gray couldn't make out who they were because of the echo but it seemed unlikely that a killer would let him know about their presence if they wanted to kill him. So no danger of telling them the truth.

"Yeah two of us." He called back before looking at Cassandra and shrugging. There didn't seem to be any danger.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

"No, I'm not," Cassandra replied. They really had stripped everything out of the place; Cassandra was having no luck finding anything useful. Cassandra continued to search, though. Maybe she would find something. She felt a little strange, wandering around like this. Looking for something she did not already know. Having no aim. There was no objective, no next step. It felt odd.

The voice called out, and Cassandra did not recognize it. Not that she knew that many people very well, anyways, but it probably was not a killer. A killer would have just killed them.

"Yeah, Cassandra and Gray. Who is this?"
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Oh thank god whoever it was decided to make their presence known. Corey would have been worried if there had been no response. He probably would have busted the fuck out of there, and more running was not what he needed.

More good news was that one of the people there was Gray. As far as Corey knew, there was only one Gray in the school. And so at last, he'd found one of his friends.

A part of him wanted to throw caution to the wind and run straight to them. And as much as he would wanted to, he was calm enough to realize that it would be a bad idea.

Instead he settled with a reply.

"Yeah, it's Corey. Can I head over?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Cassandra added another layer of trust by telling the voice who it was talking to. It was a good idea, established a small bond of trust made sure no one was expecting the wrong thing. The only thing they could do was wait and see what the reply they got was. After all they had made their side of the conversation open.

They got a reply from the mystery voice and it turned out that it was Corey, Gray could have kicked himself for not recognizing his voice originally but the way noise bounced around the terminal made it difficult. Even still finding a friend was the best feeling Gray had experienced since he had woken up on the island all those hours ago.

"Obviously you can." Gray yelled back with a smile. "Come on man."

Finally someone who he had known from back in Seattle, he had someone to properly run with after all.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cassandra did not recognize the name. It was not someone she had had classes with, nor one of the few friends she had. Still, Gray seemed to respond well to him, and Gray seemed like a fairly nice guy. Maybe she could tag along with them for a while. Gray invited Corey over, his voice filled glee. That still did not deny that they did not have a plan of attack.

As Corey headed over, Cassandra asked Gray, "So, uh, do you have any long-term plans? I'm sort of at a loss for what to do"
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Obviously Gray would say yes. There wasn't any reason to doubt that. He jogged towards the source of the voices, not really being careful anymore.

As he made his way over, he was relieved to have found a good friend that he'd known for a while. At the same time, he felt kind of bad for leaving Rachael and the others behind. Now that he was in a different state of mind, it sunk in that he'd basically abandoned them for seemingly no reason. He'd have to try to find them again. Apologize to them.

He'd finally found the two standing around, and slowed to a walk.

"Good to see ya, man," he directed at Gray, "Hi to you too, Cassandra," he then finished.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

After he called Corey over Gray felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. He had someone else who he'd be able to go through everything with. Not that much bad had happened to him but sooner or later something would. At least with Corey around he had someone to rely on. Not to say that he couldn't do that with Cassandra but he hadn't had time to build up any trust with her. On top of that the first meeting he'd had with Cassandra was not what would be described as pleasant.

Cassandra asked him about plans. Gray turned and looked at her as he thought, eventually he just shrugged.

"I don't have a plan." He scratched the back of his neck. "Original plan walked off." He didn't add any more because he still wasn't sure what had happened...well he knew what had happened but it stung. Andi had walked off saying that she needed time alone and that she'd catch up. From there Gray could only assume she had ditched him and gone off on her own. The part that stung was that she'd just left and the fact he didn't know why it bothered him so much only made it worse.

Corey had reached them by the time Gray had finished thinking and he grinned as Corey greeted him. Gray had never really gone in for the whole hugging thing but if there was ever a moment he'd seriously considered hugging some it was Corey right then. If he found Kyran...when he found Kyran he was most likely going to end up hugging him. Which was a weird thought.

"Good to see you too man." He looked between Corey and Cassandra and readjusted his hat before speaking again. "So I guess we need a plan huh?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

"Hey Corey. Nice to see you!" Cassandra tried to make her voice sound cheerful, pleasant. Not that there was much to be pleasant about, but she was going to put in the effort.

"Yeah, I guess we do." Cassandra had no idea what they should do. It was not like they really had any hope of surviving. The terrorists had probably checked everything to make sure their game was inescapable. The best they could do was wait, really.

"I don't have any idea. I was with Alex earlier. She said she had a plan. Don't know what, though. She stormed off before I could see her execute."

Return to “The Terminal”