miss a day without your friend, your whole life's off-track

Cicada's Relationships Thread Revived - For Contemporary Reference

V7 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V7 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Cicada

miss a day without your friend, your whole life's off-track

Post by Cicada »

Note - I've unilaterally removed, updated, and added some relationships where I feel pregame threads have mandated some edits to the old relationships trackers.
[+] Color Codes for Relationships
Current romantic involvement, one way or mutual.
Ex romantic involvement, one way or mutual.
Friendship or some form of close intimacy.
More casual acquaintance, working relationship, classmates.
Tolerable but the relationship is somehow problematic.
Not the worst but mostly disliked.
Detested with little redeeming quality.
Demetri Futscher -
Head of Yearbook Club, Varsity Soccer player. Quite offensive due to misogyny and general heavily alt-right views. Also well known to be a coward who backs off from confrontations, over debts, or call outs, or whatever, with excuses and justifications.
[+] Cucks
Djuradja "Jordan" Miroslava Brankovich (Brackie) - The one girl he actually has a mutual crush on he has absolutely no clue. They somehow awkwardly get along despite their many differences. Her hair drives him wild. He can effortlessly pronounce her full name despite butchering almost anything else similar language-wise.
Aleksandra Prudius (Aura) - She's just his type, somehow, being so mysteriously harmless and adorable. He'd still never approach.
Ming Robinson (Volt Turtle) - > tfw you like the dick bong sucker
Ariana Simpson (Sansa) - Ariana was the one he tried to serenade Freshman year with a shitty half-rip-off of Blink-182. He just sees her now and immediately cringes to death.
Aliya Kimia Nemati (Deamon) - An ex-crush. He made some stupid remarks when he was somehow close to almost being on decent terms with her. Knows she hates him but hey, she's still attractive. Still, he got out while he could.
Garren Mortimer (Pippin) - "Bros before hoes."
Max Rudolph (CrossbowPig) - Old childhood friends. Max kicks Demetri's ass at most sports, and in general Demetri thinks Max is smart and worthy of loyalty, slowly increasing his exposure to those sorts of philosophies as time passes.
Faith Marshall-Mackenzie (Frozen Smoke) - One of a handful of girls with an actually good head on her shoulders.
Mercy Ames (backslash) - Nothing but respect for a girl doing her thing despite all the shit she got handed. No ulterior motives, though it is Demetri so people probably assume them anyways.
Parker Green (Frozen Smoke) - "Fucking nerd."
Erika Stieglitz (Shiola) - He thinks she's pretty hot, but way too tall for him to avoid looking like a loser around her. Cool girl otherwise.
Kayden Brockman (Brackie) - "Look here liberal LGBTBBQ kids, this is how you do it."
Zachary Beck (Ryuki) - Kindred as hell spirits, they can take the piss out of each other and take as good as they give. Demetri's ideal of a casual friend, someone who knows how to not give a shit.
Yuki Hayashibara (Ryuki) - One of his rare platonic gal pals, they tutor together. She's become more openly disapproving of his tendencies but he's not too keen on taking her advice to heart.
Yuka Hayashibara (Maraoone) - "Invited into a house as the sole guy, with three Asian girls, and I spend most my time hunched over algebra worksheets."
Amber Yates (Volt Turtle) - It's less about the cheerleading and more about the other talents, really.
Artem Fyodorov (Fenris) - "We don't talk outside of club but this dude's got a way with words. Not jealous, just in awe, like... fuck."
Bret Carter (Deamon) - "Dude, his tackles are fuuuucking killer." He doesn't care too much when Bret pokes fun, it's all just the bantz.
Julien Leblanc (Endillion) - Decent and cool dude. President of the Friend Zone, and Demetri's VP after recounts.
Violet Quinn (Primrosette) - She's a better photographer than him. He doesn't like her friendship with Emmett much, but he can't do anything about it besides grouse.
Lucas Abernathy (TheLordOfAwesome) - Cool dude with a talent for running the camera. Not exactly photography but Demetri will take the opportunity to expand his practice where he can get it.
Tonya Collins (Somersault) - "Like, it's her own fault probably. But she's got a child, and she's doing her best I guess."
Anna 'Roxanne' Herbert (Yugikun) - Kind of seems like an ass, but it's not at him so whatever.
Ivy Langley (Fenris) - "Dunno why she'd expect me to get all drool-y over her. But popular girl's a popular girl. I just try to stay off her radar, y'know?"
Cecil Salazar-Loveless (LeslieFranc) - Demetri definitely doesn't appreciate the goodie two shoes act. Not even like Demetri is up to anything bad, as far as he's aware. What is there to get all girl-on-her-period about?
Ron Kiser (Polybus) - "Friends a friend, but you're a fucking kiss up."
Emmett Bunnell (Primrosette) - They used to be good friends due to music interests. They had a falling out and Emmett got pissed. There's still good memories, at least.
Tanisha Abbey (Laurels) - Fat jokes. He tried to be friendly at a party once but he sucks at it.
Stepney Cruz (Pippin) - Demetri's sure he's cheating. Means he feels more justified in holding out on the debts. At least until fists start getting involved, then Demetri will chicken out.
Jonathan Meyers (Yugikun) - Demetri and Jonathan were cool for a bit when Jonathan was in the market for friends in senior year. But Demetri's true colors quickly scared Jonathan off. They shit on each other now.
Lorenzo Tavares (Tonyskin) - One of those things you just never speak about again.
Blaise d'Aramitz (Empress Plush) - Demetri knows when to run away. Doesn't mean he likes doing it.
Andy Silverman (backslash) - "Act like there's anymore cock up your ass. C'mon dude, I didn't mean shit."
Axel Fontaine (Fenris) - "Stupid prettyboy asshole. You're only popular because you play shit pop Sheeran half a step out of tune." Broke Demetri's nose.
Myles Roux (backslash) - They were cool in middle school. Demetri being an asshole as time passed caused Myles to eject Demetri with a heaping of actually true rumors to help sink the stone. Demetri would stomp Myles to the curb if he had the opportunity, 'gentleman' nature aside.
Beryl Mahelona -
Known for suffering narcoleptic attacks frequently. Member of the band Beyond Human. Generally regarded as agreeable, affable... and painfully obtuse, unreliable, and incomprehensible. Intelligent and strongly aligned with things such as animal rights and spirituality. Ex-member of the Girl's Basketball team, albeit way back in Freshman year.
[+] auras of people
In General- Beryl tends to have an agreeable opinion of most everyone she meets, sometimes being able to remember them. The relationships noted here are the ones she's more particularly vested into for any reason at all.

Micheal Froese (Kermit) - '... Be careful...'
Forrest Quin (Deamon) - 'A moment. Let me have just a moment.'
Tristan O'Hara (Sansa) -
Nick Ogilvie (General Goose) -
Sierra Cook (TheLordOfAwesome) -
'... Sorry.'
Zen Alicea Feliciano (Fenris) - The patience to Zen's energy. The other pair of lips to Zen's own. Though the two managed to completely miss the point and fail to take their passions for one another any further than a simple kiss.
Abel Zelenović (Jilly) - An innocent touch can provoke just as much as the most erotic... Well, even if it doesn't last?
Lucas Abernathy (TheLordOfAwesome) - We had our fun! No amount of time lost can change that.
Anna 'Roxanne' Herbert (Yugikun) - :^) One of Beryl's good friends, and they're bandmates in Beyond Human together! Roxy is very adept at bossing Beryl around, and Beryl defers to Roxy to keep the peace since she knows Roxy disapproves the most of her silliness!
Alexander Brooke (dmboogie) - :> She's a good friend, and she thinks he's so cool! She doesn't get his humor as much as she does Isra and Marcy, but they can still share some humor and aesthetics (especially given that they're in the same band!), they're not quite polar opposites like Roxy and Beryl are.
Marceline Carlson (Volt Turtle) - :^) "She should be the one sounding our graduation march.. Her energy is insane!" Beryl can't always keep up but she always finds the pranks hilarious!
Dolly Upton (backslash) - Weird doesn't even exist as a concept to Beryl, except as one of those words with a denotation that might mean something sometimes, like 'hey it's weird I'm not totally besties with my best friends girlfriend so lets fix that' type definitions.
Dante Valiero (Fenris) - Friendship! They started off on a fascinatingly flirtatious foot, and Beryl likes the plot twist where they became close friends and volunteered in the same shelter together.
Camilla Bell (BlizzardeyeWonder) - All things, like life, pass in time. Even the memories themselves become something else.
Yuko Hayashibara (Yugikun) - :^D "We've both grown and changed.. so much." Beryl still remembers the innocent days on the playground...
Yuka Hayashibara (Maraoone) - ? Childhood friends as well! Beryl relaxes Yuka with her mellow energy, and Beryl makes a fun target for makeup and fashion.
Yuki Hayashibara (Ryuki) - :^p Beryl was the least familiar with the shy Yuki of the three when they were all young. They're on decent terms now and Beryl's an irregular fixture at Yuki's tabletops!
Ned Jackson (Ryuki) - "[semi competent imitation of Spongebob's laugh]" She does some of his audio and storyboarding.
Blaise d'Aramitz (Empress Plush) - :^O One of her closest intellectual influences, who inspired Beryl directly to experiment with polyamory. Gender identity, artistic integrity, name it and Beryl has probably in some way been shaped to orbit Blaise in it.
Helena 'Hel' Fury (Empress Plush) - EMOJI ADDICTS o/?\o They jam despite being in rival bands and also practice magic... "But what about.. emoji magic...?! ?"
Lyra Doyle (Pippin) - [Actually just a drawing of 14 chainsaws]
Henry Sparks (Shiola) - Beryl loves to watch people change, it is always riveting to turn the pages of someone else's life as they are written. Like history written in front of her own eyes.
Erika Stieglitz (Shiola) - [gun noises and radioactive intent]
Faith Marshall-Mackenzie (Frozen Smoke) - [as above, but more lackadaisically]
Parker Green (Frozen Smoke) - "Wait... who's this one again? He is memorable in how much I cannot specifically remember him."
Ming Robinson (Volt Turtle) - Peace is beautiful, as is the eye of the storm..
Cecil Salazar-Loveless (LeslieFranc) - A lovely team member, whose heart seems a bit dark, the beautiful stark relief of a deep shadow.
Ivy Langley (Fenris) - "Hm... may I have the honor of calling you friend? Maybe that's a question that doesn't need an answer."
Violet Schmidt (Crossbow Pig) - "Let us mutually be unintelligible to one another."
Jeremiah Anderson (Plush) - "Words are stupid. We don't need them."
Camila Cañizares -
A lone wolf sort who does little at school but often seems to attend parties or do business involving produce or live fish at local markets. A church goer, but more so for the chance to volunteer in her community. Known for rambling both with her feet and with her mouth, even if she mostly ignores people unless she feels convenience from speaking to them. Aggressively forward when she wants to be. Associated with weed dealing.
[+] business cards
Claudeson Bademosi (Cactus) - "Moralize at me all you want. Just makes you cuter."
Cecil Salazar-Loveless (LeslieFranc) - "You know you love me."
Benedict Murray (Sh4de) - "Let's not make this any more awkward, gentleman's agreement."
Camilla Bell (Blizzard) - Passion and talent deserves respect.
Tonya Collins (Somersault) - If needed, Camila can be called. No other questions need be asked.
Parker Green (Frozen Smoke) - "Learn to talk less."
Bree Jones (KamiKaze) - "One of my better customers."
Aoi Matsuri (Zetsu) - He can talk all he wants.
Princess McQuillan -
Nice, fairly popular, and kindly so. Always willing to talk and hear others out, and very capable of holding her own in a conversation with eager curiosity, patience, and a clever tongue. There's a lot about her that she buries under the surface of her kindly demeanor, but that's quite difficult to really dig out- she's poor, but does not show it, she's borderline misanthropist, but likewise. Maybe she is occasionally regarded as a mean spirited gossip, however. But for the most part, she is most known for her friendliness and her bevy of accomplishments in the school's thespian scene, along with being an active writer, photographer... and member of auto class, much to recent confusion.
[+] players
In general she's very genial and kind! Your character probably thinks she is more interested in what they like than she actually is. It's extremely rare she forms very close, specific bonds with people though.

Violet Quinn (Primrosette) - Princess wonders if they will truly get along as girlfriends. It's hard to care for someone this deeply while knowing so little about who they truly are... and feeling they'll learn who she truly is, in turn.
Erika Stieglitz (Shiola) - Aren't crushes supposed to end when you have a girlfriend? These ides of feminine charm seem melodramatic at this point.
Megan Summers (Zetsu) - Princess does have someone she wants to protect. From a safe distance.
Nia Karahalios (Fenris) - A good friendship ends long before it reaches the door.
Yuka Hayashibara (Maraoone) - Adored by this much.
Nona Hart (Plush) - Don't let others control you.
Artem Fyodorov (Fenris) - The value of another is solely the weight of their pen.
Kelly Nguyen (Somersault) - Fashion is temporary. Style is forever.
------

Meanwhile Exclusive!
Gyu-ri Christensen -
Adjunct to the popular girls but only dubiously belonging there herself, save a soft-spoken talent for fashion. Gyu-ri is a girl who alternates between being quietly polite and mercilessly irritable with little in-between, and she rarely gives the impression that she likes people much. She's helpful however, excellent and productive without being overbearing in group projects. Unless you piss her off, anyways, which is easy and arbitrarily so. Gyu-ri is in the chess club and choir club, and exceedingly talented in both, but purposely avoids the spotlight as much as possible.
[+] aggravations
She generally... just does not like your character much, but in a fair and mostly even-tempered way.

Zen Alicea Feliciano (Fenris) - "A naive sycophant... I utterly and atrociously love her and I wish I had the energy to keep up. I'll never admit it of course. Why should I?"
Jonathan Meyers (Yugikun) - Unexpected as it is exciting as it is terrifying.
Ji-hyun Christensen (Brackie) - It's Gyu-ri's job to like her, as impossible as it really should be.
Myles Roux (backslash) - They find much common ground on how horrible they both are.
Ivy Langley (Fenris) - An utterly horrible human being. Gyu-ri could care less. Nothing Ivy could do would ruin their friendship-slash-awkward nagfest.
Mackenzie "Kenzie" Baker (Blastinus) - Kenzie believed in Gyu-ri. Gyu-ri is not sure this was a good move, but she'll never forget what Kenzie means to her all the same.
Meilin Zhou (BlizzardeyeWonder) - Gyu-ri at least privately accuses her of being vapid, but appreciates her energy and efforts all the same.
Parker Green (Frozen Smoke) - She supposes he will beat her in a game of chess one of these days. She very secretly hopes he won't leave when he finally does.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

hi nerd

Yuka probably dislikes Demetri a lot. He's friends with Garren, who she has a strong hatred for due to his homophobic, misogynistic views, and Demetri seems both complicit in and actively supporting of those views. She only puts up with him slightly because Yuki's friends with him, but she's probably warned her privately many times to stay away from him. Since he's Yuki's tutee, I imagine he shows up in the house every now and then, so she tolerates him, but isn't afraid to act all icy to him, or call him out if he ever goes too far.

Princess and Yuka would probably be friends! She'd probably appreciate one of the actor kids reaching out to the stage crew. I think she's heard whispers of Princess being a gossip, but these rumors wouldn't be consistent enough to ward Yuka away from her. Also, they probably see each other around at the occasional parties Princess goes to. Consult Ryuki about this part, but I imagine Yuki and Princess would be friends due to their mutual interest in writing, and any friend of Yuki is (usually) an acquaintance of Yuka.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

how do i say this gracefully?

idk but here goes: tonya views demetri as annoying white boy #1? and in turn he thinks of her as a walking stereotype? idk if their relationship is really much deeper than that
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.

Return to “V7 Pregame Planning”