Can't Save Them All...

Callum's demise

Some woods overcrowded with trees. Watch yourself here... who knows who will be hiding behind a tree, prepared to kill?
Swoosh*

Can't Save Them All...

Post by Swoosh* »

((Coming from: Earned in Blood))

It was like a bad case of deja vu. Callum was pretty sure he could find his way around the whole island without the map, he had ran around there so many times. Since leaving Lyndi with Fred at the Lighthouse, he had ran his fastest yet, convinced Beth was in danger and needed his help; but try as he might, he couldn't locate the source of the screaming he had heard before.

Slowing down to a halt, Callum kicked the floor angrily. Why was it only him that was going around saving everyone? There must be loads of kids on this island, why was it up to him to play the hero? Why?... So many questions raced through Callum's head, mixing up with the confusion and helplessness he was currently feeling. He looked around desperately, hoping for a sign of Beth's safety, but there was none.

"You failed her, Callum."

Callum's head jerked around. Skip was back, sat on a tree stump nearby, his usual smile on his face. Callum cocked his head slightly to the side.

"What?"
"You heard me, you failed her." Skip continued to smile and the tone of his voice was pitying, as if he was telling a young child that in fact two plus two does not equal five. Callum blinked.
"No... she's OK. She's still out there, she's not hurt. I know it."

He glared at Skip fiercely. His friend never used to be this harsh and unsupportive, but since the time on the island Callum had grown to resent Skip more and more, resulting in his temporary dissappearance- but now he was back. Skip chuckled and continued to give Callum the pitying smile.

"Who said anything about her?"

He vanished, leaving Callum even more confused and angry than before.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

((Continued from: Starting Point for B66))

Dread wandered into the woods, having not encountered anyone yet, he heard the sound of someone approaching and grinned.
~good little kitty, come to Shingami~
He moved himself behind a tree to remain hidden as he fingered one of the fishooks, grinning as he waited.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sephy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Callum was still stood, froze in the same position he had been in when Skip had just vanished. He blinked a couple of times, his head still cocked, and it was then that he finally had enough.

"AAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

He vented his frustration by yelling loudly. Sinking to his knees, he balled up his fists and punched them into the ground, his brass knuckles making the impact more painful.

"I don't know what to do anymore! I don't know why I'm here, I don't even know where the hell I am! I just don't goddamn know anything!!" he screamed out to no one in particular.

"Come on, Beth, aren't you going to scream for me again? Give me a clue? TORTURE ME LIKE THIS?" He started to cry amidst all the yelling. "Aren't you going to give me a cryptic message? Isn't ANYONE?"

He was shouting loudly and didn't care who heard him. In fact, the more people, the better. Maybe then someone would help him.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Dread silently emerged from his hiding place and approached the figure crouched on the ground, fishhooks hidden in the palm of his hand he silently moved, almost seeming to float across the ground.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sephy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Rubbing his eyes roughly, Callum pushed his fists off the ground. Whether he liked it or not, he was the only one who could rescue Beth. And the more time he wasted crying in frustration, the less safe Beth would be. And Lyndi... he had to look out for her as well.

Sighing, he pushed himself onto his feet and turned around to see someone else creeping towards him. Taken aback, he froze up; a uncharacterstic move on his behalf, and it would prove to be a fatal mistake.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Dread's grin became more menacing and, taking advantage of the other's shock, he launched himself at the other, throwing 4 of the fishhooks, aiming for the other's face hoping to hit his eyes.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Callum's eyes widened as the other boy threw something in his direction. What was he throwing? He couldn't see-

With a sickening squelch, the fishhooks embedded themselves into his eyes. Callum yelled in pain and shock as his vision was suddenly taken from him. Everything was suddenly dark, and panicking, Callum waved his arms about wildly, a black substance mixed with blood trickling down his face in a grotesque manner.

This guy's playing... why? WHY ARE THEY ALL PLAYING THE GAME??

"Why are you doing this??" he yelled, still waving his arms.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Dread felt a warm glow inside as he saw the pain and shock on the other's face, he slowly moved closer and stood beside the faliling boy, just far enough away so as not to get hit by the arms moving like a fish starved of water.

He listened as the boy spoke 'Why are you doing this?'

~Why?~ Dread hesitated, confsued. Blinking slightly, his chocolate brown eyes hidden behind long-lashed eyelids as he blinked once, twice. He hadn't heard that one in a long time, he was expecting a beg for mercy, they usually begged, or didn't get the chance to speak at all.

"because.." his free hand touched the crucifix at his throat and he grinned again "because i'm the Shingami, kitten" he purred at the other, landing a sharp kick to the still-flailing boy's left shin.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Unable to predict the kick, Callum cried out as the boy's foot connected with his shin, kicking him off balance. Wobbling precariously, he looked quite a sight, what with his arms waving around everywhere and now balancing on one foot. Quite the circus act.

Eventually admitting defeat to gravity, he crashed to the ground, fluids still dribbling from his eyes like red tears. He reached out in front of him to grasp anything; a root to pull himself up with, a leg for him to break... but he only felt air.

Having never actually been attacked on the island, the fact that he was now blinded and injured was even more of a shock to Callum, lying on the floor, bloody and broken. He raised his head, blindly gazing at his attacker.

"What.... you..." he gasped.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Dread lazily sauntered over the few foot between him and the writing boy. He placed one leg on the other side of the boy and let himself fall forcefully on the other's stomach, enough to knock the wind out of him, straddling and effectivly stopping the other from trying to get up, he smiled lazily down at the other.

"pretty little kitty" his voice was was a mix between a purr and a menacing growl, it was obvious he was getting a sexual thrill from this, he reached a hand forward and stroked one of Callum's cheeks, before his hand travelled upwards and his fingers daintily held one of the fishhooks embedded in the eyeball, he tugged at it and giggled as the eyeball came loose from the other's socket, soaking his hand in gore.

~pretty..~

Dreads fluid-soaked hand pulled the other's lower jaw open slightly "good kitty" he purred as he kissed the writhing boy, his tongue caressing the other's before his teeth found the end of the moist, pink organ and yanked on it , hard.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Callum felt a large weight drop onto his stomach. Crying out, he struggled to move or stand up, but the weight was too much for him to shake off. Resigned to his fate, he flopped back down, panting heavily. Feeling something brush against his cheek, he froze up. What was it? A knife? A barrel of a gun? He tried to figure it out using only his senses, but before he could realise he felt a sharp pain burst from his eye socket as his eye was tugged out.

Ignoring all pretences, he screamed out in agony but continued to struggle against the boy's weight. He couldn't die... not now, not yet.

I can't believe I'm in a position where I could die...

He simply couldn't die. He had to protect Beth and Lyndi. He began to struggle more vigourously, desperate to get out from under the boy, but it was then that he felt something warm and wet against his chin. He tried to move his head away from it, the blindness really getting to him now. Frustrated, he tried to sit up again only to find something now in his mouth. In his mouth! What was going on? What was this guy doi-

His tongue was wrenched from his mouth in a bloody mess. His eyes, if he still had them, would be wearing the same shocked expression that they wore when he saw Beth for the first time.

Beth... I'm sorry. I did fail you. And Lyndi too...

It didn't take him long to die after that. With his last thoughts of how he had let his two girls down, he died, the psycho still on top of him, and any thoughts of rescuing Beth finally free from his mind.

B27 - Callum Hadley- DEAD

((for some reason, that was a LOT harder than Elise's was... not emotionally, just in general...))
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Dread spat out the limp pink organ as he lifted himself from the still form "mmm, that was good kitty" he smiled, he lifted the other's bag and tipped the contents to the floor, no weapon, he glanced at the corpses hand, some kinf of brass knuckles?

Dread made a sigh "aww I wanted a good toy to play with" shrugging he pulled the eyeball off of his fishook and picked up a few of the stones lying on the ground, moving over to the corpse he shoved a small-ish stone into the empty eyesocket, his trademark.

Placing one fishhook between each finger on his left hand, like cats claws, and placing two, the other two still embedded in Callum's other eyeball, in his kit along with the rest of the rocks, he headed off deeper into the forest.

((Continued in: The (Untimely) End))

Return to “The Woods”