Earned in Blood

A lighthouse, very reminiscent to the one used on the island for one of the BR ACTs. If used well, this could be quite the grand place to barricade one's self in, or gather a large group in.
riserugu†

Earned in Blood

Post by riserugu† »

((Continued from Dirt Path; Drifting...))

The trip from the dirt path to the lighthouse wasn’t as far as he figured it would be, and before he even truly realized it found himself standing before the large white tower. Though standing there, the crashing waves of the ocean before able to be heard clear as the wind was beat cold salt air against them.

The wind also carried the strong scent of death, and the sickening scent of a metallic… almost copper smell. Blood, no doubt. Drifting his attention down, he rested his eyes on the forms of the two bodies that lay before the lighthouse. The bodies had long seen begun to decompose in thanks to being exposed to the elements as much as they had.

The door leading into the lighthouse was jarred open, and blowing in the breeze, and from even here he was able to spot the bodies of at least two other people… though one didn’t look much like a human anymore. And instead looked as if he had been on the receiving end of a madman, who had hopefully long since left the lighthouse.

Holding back what little he had ate these days, he turned away from the lighthouse in full. Awaiting the other three members of the small group he had become apart of to catch up, these past moments he had begun to feel a bit better in the fact he was no longer suffering from bouts of pain every minutes, they now only coming one and while. And that the dizziness had all but left him…

But it wasn’t really himself that was bothering him so much, or along the lines of the what could have be fallen his brother and the others… he hadn’t heard there names on the announcement but the hospital had been made a danger zone. And hopefully they had enough sense to get out there, he was sure that wasn’t the case but as he had walked the path on the way to the lighthouse the oddest feeling came over him.

‘Almost like someone was ripping me in two… I feel like something bad is going to happen soon. And part of me isn’t going to be the same after it, Oi… Glenn you prat what’s wrong.’ Fredrik thought lightly, chewing thoughtfully on his bottom lip as he continued to stand and wait.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

(Continued from the Dirt Path.)

Although she had left the area not long after Fred had, Lyndi found herself falling behind him as she followed her. Sad, that the injured young man walked faster than she did. Then again, she could not help the fact that she was only five feet tall. Curse my shortness and lack of legspan. As she approached the lighthouse, she saw Fred standing outside. He had apparently been waiting on them.

Flashing a coy grin at Fred, she continued to approach the lighthouse, that is, until something stopped her dead in her tracks. An ominous stench lingered over the area, obviously caused by several decomposing bodies. Of course, Lyndi could not see them at the moment. The smell itself was enough to make the dead turn in their graves. As she hesitantly approached the lighthouse, the mangled and mutilated bodies of the dead came into view.

The sight of the bodies was enough to make her physically ill. She had only seen one other since she had been on this island, and the cold and lifeless corpse of Dahlia Riviera had been enough to mentally traumatize her. But here... there were many, many more. Lyndi was not really sure what happened next. The next thing she knew, she was clinging desperately to Fred, as if he could protect her from the cruelty of this game.

"They're here, too," she protested softly, "I don't... I don't want to be around them. I can't look at them. Can we please... please... go somewhere else?"

Suddenly, it dawned on Lyndi that she had just grabbed ahold of this boy for virtually no reason. He was in the injured one, it was not as if he could protect her. Especially from those who were already dead. Despite that, she did not let go. Him being there, and knowing that Callum and Elsie should be following en suite, was enough to comfort her slightly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

In the moments that Lyndi had arrived at the lighthouse, Fred lightly returned the smile to the girl before his mind drifted again. The smell had long since started to get to him, but something couldn’t to pick at the back of his mind… Like something more was wrong about this place, besides the dead bodies all about the area.

That and his mind continued to flash over to Glenn, wondering still about the well being of his younger brother. It was just like the start of the game again, though this time with new people. He hardly knew if, or when he’d see his brother again…

‘Then again, there’s that chance I won’t…’

Thoughts were broken when he felt something clinging against him, he glancing downward to the top of the head of Lyndi as he kept a hold of his shirt. Not really thinking on what he was doing before it happened gently wrapped arms about her shoulders hoping to least keep her calm until the other’s arrived, she expressing her wish to leave the graveyard that the lighthouse had became.

Nodding lightly, he all but couldn’t help but agree with her on the question to leave…

Moving to rest his hand on her shoulder, he pulled away from him a bit. Giving her a bright smile, with another nod. “Don’t worry, once Elsie and Callum get here. We’ll decided on where to go next, oright?”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

A bit stunned that Fred had not pulled away from her instantly due to her sudden outburst, Lyndi all but released her grip on his shirt. She could say nothing in the moment that he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, but somehow, for that instant, she felt like she was safe. Just as quickly he moved away, leaving his hand at rest on her shoulder. In his attempt to comfort her, he had promised her that they would leave this place when Elsie and Callum had caught up, and she returned the smile he had flashed halfheartedly.

"You know," Lyndi started, folding her arms across her chest as she did so, "They aren't the first ones that I've seen."

Of course, she was refering to the corpses that litered the ground, and from what Lyndi could see, the interior of the lighthouse as well. Somehow, some of the bodies here seemed to put what had been done to Dahlia to shame.

"When I first woke up here, I was at a gazebo and... there was this girl from school. She was underneath it, and she'd been mutilated. It was the first thing I saw when I woke up..." Lyndi stopped short, trying to compose her thoughts, "It really was horrible. I'm sure you've witnessed worse, though. It just... feels good to get it off my chest, you know? That's why I was walking down that dirt path. I just had to get away. I was alone and scared. But, you know something? I don't feel like that now. With you and Callum and now Elsie, I feel... safe."

Lyndi smiled faintly. She did feel safe with them. It was a nice feeling. Funny, how any sort of "good" feeling could come out of this insane project that Mr. Danya called a game. Somehow, she did not want to look at Fred as she spoke, simply because she was unsure of how he would react. At present, she was just trying to make small talk, to do something to take her mind off of where they were, and their current situation. She continued to eye the ground as she spoke, simply waiting on the others to arrive at their new destination. Somehow, it felt nice to get all the pent-up thoughts she had had out in the open with someone.

"Do you think... we'll be able to get out of here, somehow?"

Now, Lyndi looked up at him. A sad smile formed on her lips as she did so. Somehow, she felt like home was so far away. Like she would never get to go back. Maybe she was right. But maybe, just maybe, there was a way that they could all go home. Together.

"I wish things were back to normal, that we could just go to school everyday like we used to. I miss my family," she confessed, "And hey... I'm sorry we never really talked in school. You seem like a great guy, I bet I missed out on an awesome friendship."

Somehow, Lyndi could not hide the sad expression that had befallen her face. Maybe it was the fact that they were surrounded by corpses, they seemed to be in a virtual graveyard. This place made her feel sad, foresaken, even. It was as though the people had simply forgotten about them, although she knew that was not the case. In fact, it barely dawned on her that everything she was saying was being recorded and broadcast back to America as she spoke.

"I don't understand why they're leaving us here. The United States is the most powerful nation in the world, and yet... they can't stop a few terrorists from reeking havoc all over the country? I don't really... feel sorry for myself. I feel sorry for the people back home... my mom and dad, my brother, the people who have to watch this."

Sighing audibly, she glanced around at the corpses again. No doubt, all of the now lifeless bodies that lay scattered across the ground had families back home. Friends. Loved ones. Those people had had to watch them die horrible deaths for no reason. What sickened her the most was the fact that someone out there was actually enjoying this... and his name was Mr. Danya.

"What all have you seen?" she finally asked him, "How long have you been here? Is... Glenn here too?"

Perhaps she should not have asked, but curiosity had gotten the best of her. She figured, she had just spilled her guts to Fred while she was standing there, surely, he could stand to do the same. She felt a bit better now, like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. She suddenly felt a tinge of remorse for the children who had been here from the beginning, if there were any left. She had barely been here a day, if that, and she was already starting to feel the hardships of this game.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Fred listened carefully as she began to speak about all she had seen on the island, at that moment somewhat grateful the girl hadn’t been through all he had these past few days. And by the sounds of it, she hadn’t been on the island long either – but then, if she had just came… did those terrorist just store the rest of the kids somewhere till the island’s population got low and then threw another handful on.

His thoughts pressed on until she began to speak again, this time questioning him head-on,

"Do you think... we'll be able to get out of here, somehow?"

Looking down to the girl once more he noticed the sad smile pressed against her lips, a light frown finding away across his face as well as he pondered over the question. A question he hadn’t thought much of since he hadn’t gotten here, at first the most important thing had been to find Glenn but once Glenn had been found, left him wondering what was going to happen to them in the future they had left on this place.

“I really don’t know… I figured the government might have done something by now. But I think these collars are what’s keeping them away, the terrorist are probably using the whole “You come near, and we kill them all.” Doesn’t help, that if this goes through only one will alive in the end, ya know?

And it wound have been nice if we had known one another before all this… kind of sucks to just notice we would have been pretty good friends, huh?”

Fred fell silent again, thinking once again as he used one of his hands to rub the area of his stomach where the wound resided, though still the smallest brush of fingers sent the wound ablaze and pain spreading to his mind. Dropping the hand, he looked back to Lyndi, as she questioned him once more, though this time on himself.

“I’ve been here for around four days…” He muttered, a thoughtful expression passing over his face as he fought hard on the matter nodding after a moment. “While I’ve been here I’ve seen four people killed right in front of my eyes, and more than my fair share of dead ones…”

At the mention of his brother’s name though he froze up, clutching at a part of his shirt about his chest a bit. ‘There’s that bad feeling again… like something’s wrong with him.’

“Yeah, Glenn’s here too. I managed to find him, but when we got attacked, I left him and the other people I had been grouped with to try and lead the killer away. It… didn’t quite work to well, and shortly after where they where became a danger zone… I know they had the smarts to get out, but I left them there with a killer. He could have long had his way with them, and killed them before the danger zone came up.

… but… I don’t think that’s true either, call it odd or stupid but man, I can feel something that tells me that hardheaded brother of mine isn’t dead.”

‘But isn’t in good standings either…’
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((yup yup, coming from 'Drifting' at the Dirt Path.))

Callum had been following the pair begrudgingly for the entire journey, keeping an eye out for anyone on the way, and keeping half an eye out for Beth. He felt guilty about abandoning her like that, but Lyndi needed help as well. He had walked next to Elsie the entire way in utter silence. He had no idea who she was, why she was with them, and more importantly he didn't care. Even Fred was of minimal concern to him; all he cared about was keeping Lyndi safe.

Keep safe, Beth. I'll come for you soon...

It was as he approached the Lighthouse that he heard it. A scream; it sounded like a scream of agony, a tortured cry. Callum pricked his head up and looked around quickly, trying to locate the source of the scream.

Beth...?

"Oh God..." he murmured quietly as the scream subsided. "Beth!"

His voice was raised to a shout as he made to take off once again, his priorities switching from Lyndi back to Beth. But before he sprinted away, he took one last glance at Lyndi, the girl he was leaving behind. She seemed in a pretty cosy position with Fred, but as a farewell gesture, he walked up to her.

"I'm sorry.I have to... Beth needs me more than you do right now. I'll be back for you when I know Beth is safe, so keep tight, OK?" He leant forward and gave her a kiss on the forehead, much like sealing his promise. Without saying another word he turned around and ran off, willing every muscle in his body to work to their maximum. He couldn't let Beth die, he just couldn't.

Beth....

((Continued in: Can't Save Them All, where Callum will meet his end, I guess ;___; He's never coming back, Lyndi, never!!! Oh, and I didn't just make the scream up, it actually came from Angharad at the bathroom facility when I post it XD))
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Fred had answered her questions, and Lyndi almost felt bad that she had asked. Four days... she could not imagine. And... watching someone die, right in front of his eyes. Not just once, but four times? This game really was beyond inhuman. The line Fred had just stated about the collars struck a chord with her, and she reflexively reached up to touch the cold metal around her neck. She had barely noticed it, she had been so preoccupied with other things. It was at that moment that she realized she was a complete and total prisoner. She had no control over anything that went on, no say-so in what happened to herself and those around her.

And she did not like that fact. Callum had appeared and Elsie must have been somewhere in tow. Great! Now, they could go somewhere else, far, far away from the gorefest that was the lighthouse. A faint smile formed on her lips. Unfortunately, it did not last very long. As Callum told her he was leaving, something in her stomach sank. She could not help but blush a bit as he kissed her forehead, but it was the furthest thing from her mind at present. He had not even really given her time to say goodbye before he had run off. This "Beth" must have really been someone special. She should have asked when she had the chance. Well... goodbye, Superman. Stay safe.

Would she ever see Callum again? There was always a possibility that she would not. Somehow, she did not want to think about that. Their group had dwindled down quite a bit from what it had developed into on the dirt path. Yes, Elsie had joined them, but the mysterious young man who had come to Fred's aide momentarily had simply walked off, and now Callum had left her. So then... what now?

"Should we stay here?" Lyndi inquired, "Should we... wait on him. Or try to follow him? I promised him I'd help him find that girl... and he just left. I... what do we do?"

Needless to say, Lyndi was a bit confused by their current situation. It had never occurred to her to ask what sort of weaponry Fred had, or Elsie, and she had yet to check for herself, fearful of what she might find, and sure that she would not be able to use it if the need arose anyway. Now, without Callum, it was like they were sitting ducks out there, just waiting on duck-hunting season to begin.
MooCow*

Post by MooCow* »

'Damnit...'

The ordeal had not been fun... she had yelled ahead to Lyndi that she was going to pee but apparently that fell upon deaf ears. Subsequently she had gotten lost somewhere between where the dirtpath ended and the lighthouse compound began. There had been, if her ears hadn't decieved her, what sounded like a scream coming from somewhere on the other side of the island. Finally she had been able to come across the lighthouse with the assistance of her map. The boy she didn't know, 'Callum', which what kind of name was that anyway, had been marching away chanting about someone named Beth upon her arrival.

"Thanks for waiting," Elsie grumbled, but she immediately felt bad when she noticed that Lyndi seemed torn about the boy's departure and Fred's worsening condition.

Elsie didn't know how to respond to Lyndi's question... she didn't really want to follow a boy she didn't know anywhere... then again the smell of copper and decay hung thick at the lighthouse with as many as six corpses strewn in various places inside... Elsie looked blankly at her best friend.

'This is certainly a Catch-22...'
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Aiden avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Thanks for waiting."

Oh my Gosh... Elsie. How could I have just left her back there?!

Immediately, Lyndi felt guilty. She had just run off after Fred and left Elsie back there. She had assumed Callum had been with her, but what sort of person simply abandons their best friend. Lyndi's eyes traced up to her best friend and she smiled faintly.

"I'm sorry," she simply stated.

Lyndi did not quite feel right. She folded her arms over her chest again, then looked at Fred and Elsie. Gradually, her gaze moved out toward the sea. Somewhere, across that vast expanse of water, was their home. A home she would probably never see again. All the corpses here were a brutal reminder of that fact for Lyndi and she just wanted to get away from them for a while.

"We can stay here," she murmured lightly, "But I just need to get away from them."

She nodded her head towards the random bodies scattered around the area. They had long since started to get to Lyndi, especially the one that resided just inside the doorway of the lighthouse. That one put what had happened to Dahlia to shame. He, she, it... whatever the corpse had once been... it had been mangled beyond the point of being unrecognizable. How could anybody do that to another human being? Lyndi could hear the agonizing cries of the poor victim in her head, and they continued to echo, like a haunting cry that would not go away.

Gazing toward the sea once again, Lyndi absent-mindedly began to wander in the direction. Walking down the small hill that lead to the beach, Lyndi finally cast a glance back at the duo standing above her. A small smile formed on her lips as she finally explained herself to them.

"The smell and... the bodies... they're just getting to me. I'll... be fine. I'm not going far."

Once again turning to face the ocean, Lyndi set out toward a number of rocks that were piled underneath the hill on which the lighthouse stood. This was a good spot. It was away from the bodies, but close enough so that Fred and Elsie were still in plain sight. Taking a seat on the cold, hard rock, Lyndi leaned back and continued to gaze out toward the ocean. If her mind had not been bogged down by this horrible program called Survival of the Fittest, the view from this spot would have been nice. She hoped that the others would follow her, but did not call out for them to do so. Instead, she simply sat there, wrapping her arms around one knee, and took in the sights of the beach, which were much more appeasing than what loomed just over the small hill.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Fred could only lightly absorb everything that was happening around him as Callum took his leave, Elsie made her appearance, and Lyndi departed some feet away from the group in an attempt to rid herself of the sight and smell the dead bodies where giving off in the daylight. Sighing a bit, he lifted his shirt to look at the wound occupied in his stomach… the fabric of Callum’s shirt was starting to become soaked with the blood still coming through.

Sighing lightly he dropped the jersey and sifted his bag a little as he glanced around, moving toward one of the random placed trees and taking a seat under it’s branches pulling his legs out infront of him. As he leaned back a bit resting his hand atop the wound in question, it burning with pain a bit before settling down and allowing him to relax.

His breaths had went from hollow gasps for air, to almost normal as he rested a bit closing his eyes a bit. Was there really any chance that any of them could get off this island? All the ideas that popped into his mind seemed much to easy and probably could be found out by the ringleaders of this game before they had a chance to try and do anything.

Finding himself drifting back to the others, he knew that a number of them could take of themselves, Heather herself was hurt but seemed spunky as ever. With or without the fact she seemed to be missing a majority of her kneecap in thanks to that David guy who had been part of Adam’s group. The thought also brought him to worry about his fellow hockey teammate…

The last announcement had told the world that he was a killer or not only one person, but two… he gulped lightly remembering when he had briefly met up with the other and remembered the shotgun he held in his hands. He couldn’t help but wonder if that had been the weapon that he had used to kill those two.

But there had to have been a good reason as to why… why Adam had killed, right? At that moment his mind didn’t seem to come with any reason as to why his friend would do such a thing. But pressing them back, he reopened his eyes glancing off lightly to where Lyndi had seated herself looking out onto the ocean his attention drifting off to the other girl… Elsie he believed… he vaguely knew her boyfriend, but had heard of both of them.

But something had bothered him since the girl had arrived, frowning a bit he spoke; “Elsie? You all right over there, ducks? You’ve looked as if something has on your mind for awhile now.”
Buko

Post by Buko »

OoC- Continued from Requiem on the eastern shore.

The gun felt cool in Vince’s hand, how long had he been waiting for the opportunity to kill, how long had he been waiting to have that power. The power that you can end anything. That grand power that puts you in control has he flicked off the safety he smiled… at any given moment he was ready to blast someone.

His mother. He had no doubt that she had felt this power at some point and that it felt wonderful. He was surprised… the absence of sympathy for the people he could potentially kill, he was buying into Danya’s game… or at least he thought he was, could he really kill someone? Could he imagine himself dead? No. He could not imagine anyone dead… besides his mother.

Her cold dead eyes and her brains leaking out of the back of her head, the sound of the SPAS 12’s pump and the bullets… the fact that she didn’t scream. That image.

“Mom? Mom?’ a four year old Vince stared at the wooden floor which was already soaking up the blood, the men that had come over to dinner all those times walked away… they had shot his mother with something… and now she was sleeping with her eyes open, his father was weeping and the pinkish gooey thing was twitching. “Daddy, mommy is not awake to see me open my present… it is quite silly for someone to fall asleep on my birthday and Christmas day…” his father just kept weeping and the blood kept on oozing out

Vince smiled feebly as he walked down to the path to the lighthouse… a lighthouse. Had he only been seeking light the whole time? He looked at it and nearly gagged at the sight of the dead bodies… his mother. He could not look at any dead body without thinking of his mother, without thinking of that horrid day. He entered the lighthouse to notice another dead body but this time it was almost hacked to pieces., there was another one as well, but he didn’t look as shocking as the other.

He looked around and noticed about three people discussing something that was inaudible, he did not raise his new handgun but instead kept it faced downward. He was silent and staring at a wall for about two minutes. He shook his head and managed to gain focus… such a obvious movement… he could’ve been dead right now, but he wasn’t. He had gained the groups attention… he had to say something now, he had to say something that didn’t make him sound stupid, something that didn’t give them a reason to shoot him.

“I hope I am not ruining anything…”
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

(OOC: Hey darlin', Fred, Lyndi, and Elsie are standing just outside the lighthouse. No worries though, we did mention the bodies inside, it was just a misunderstanding. :-) By the way, if you don't like how this is written, PM/IM me and let me know, I'll be happy to change it.)

Lyndi had barely been paying attention as this new arrival came onto the scene. The sound of his voice echoing out made her jump somewhat, and her attention immediately focused on the newcomer to the lighthouse. There certainly were a lot of kids on this island. It took her a moment, but she recognized the boy from school. How could she not? The boy was Vince Samsa, he played running back on the football team. Though Vince was one of the few football players Lyndi had never really spoken to, she assumed he would be no threat. That assumption, however, could be terribly wrong.

"Vince!" Lyndi called out anyway, not really thinking.

He had always seemed to be a distant individual. However, he was massive in size, and someone that large was something that their little group needed. Her gaze moved down to the gun at the young man's side. It was not pointed at them, so... that was a good sign, right? Maybe he had no intention of playing this twisted little game either. If he had planned on killing them, he could have already done it, right? Lyndi still had not checked to see what her weapon was. Even if she had a gun, she would never, ever be able to pull the trigger, and she knew that much for certain.

"You aren't interrupting anything..." she stated slowly.

At this point, Lyndi hopped off the rock she had been sitting on, then began leisurely making her way up the small hill that seperated her from Fred and Elsie. She made her way to a spot next to Elsie, and smiled faintly. Fred, however, seemed to have moved away. Was he alright? Well... maybe if I explain our situation to him... he'll stay with us. He's armed well, if anything DOES happen... I mean, who knows when another weirdo like that Shinto kid'll try to attack us again.

"Hey look..." she started. It was worth a try, right? "We're sort of... in dire straits, here. My friend Fred... you know Fred, right? He's not doing so well and... we aren't very well armed. We don't plan on hurting anybody. You wouldn't either, would you, Vince?"

She flashed a sly smile at the young man. In a way, she had manipulated Callum into protecting her. Perhaps she could do it again, and this one had a better set of weaponry. She wanted her current group to stay alive, and the only way to ensure that was to see that they were protected.

"You don't really plan on using that on anybody, do you?"

She nodded toward the gun in his hand. Oh God... I hope he doesn't point it at me. If he decides to shoot, I'm as good as dead. Lyndi had seen firsthand that people here were indeed playing this game, but she still did not want to believe it. She wanted to believe that people could be reasoned with, that they would not kill unless they were spooked into doing so. And honestly... since Callum had left... it was just her, Elsie, and Fred. Could Fred protect them against anyone? Better yet... WOULD Fred protect them if he had to? Callum had made her a promise, but Fred certainly had not. Lyndi nibbled lightly on her lower lip, almost afraid of the answer that the running back of Barry Coleson High's football team would offer.
Buko

Post by Buko »

OoC- *Reads the previous posts again* WELL LOOK OVER THERE! *Runs off*. And no problems here, gives me something to work with.

BiC- “I am resisting the urge to giggle like a school girl.” Vince said with a slight smile “In a good way “ he smiled, Lyndi. He finally saw a familiar face; his smile however completely vanished when he heard Lyndi say.

"You don't really plan on using that on anybody, do you?"

Vince hesitated, god damn it! Hesitation means death! He paused before he answered “I don’t know Lyndi. I just don’t know, part of me wants to think that could kill someone… and then I see my mother. She haunts me even here.” he chuckled slightly “I would like to think that I wouldn’t use it on some innocent person. I’d like to think that I won’t kill for the hell of it, but I just want to get home… y’know.” he didn’t know if she did, you never truly know if anyone actually knew what you where talking about.

He remained silent for a few seconds “Sure I’ll help you Lyndi” he said quietly. He was worried about asking his next question “So what is in your arsenal exactly?”
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
MooCow*

Post by MooCow* »

"Elsie? You alright over there, ducks? You've looked as if something has been on your mind for a while now?"

She looked at the boy, she was pretty sure it was Fred and not Glenn. They'd never had the chance to be friends, yet he knew... he KNEW that something was wrong. Fred Hughes of all people could tell that something was bothering her. But she couldn't just spill... or could she?

She was on the verge of telling him everything when Vince had shown up and pointed his gun at them.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Aiden avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Our arsenal? I hadn't thought to check. Well... I suppose there's no time like the present, right? What if it's a gun? I couldn't use it... I just couldn't. Maybe I should look, just to see, just in case.

Lyndi reached out to grab her daypack and eyed it suspiciously. She had tried to keep it away from her, almost as if she were intimidated by it. Finally, she reluctantly unzipped the green bag to examine the contents inside. She bypassed most of the items that had been supplied to her, although she did take note of the food inside, mostly because she was getting hungry. Finally, she found it. Her designated weapon. Lyndi's eyes widened unexpectedly. She had gotten...

...A jumprope. You're serious? This had to be some kind of joke. It was almost as if they had thrown her on the island, expecting her to lay down and die. What could she possibly do with a jumprope? Hang herself? Lyndi had no intentions of killing herself, that was for certain. She had never been a contender to start with, but now, any plans she may have had to play the game had been dashed. In that instant, Lyndi realized that if she was to leave this place alive, she really would need protection.

She could not help but scowl slightly as she held the jumprope up in the air for Vince and her allies to see. How disappointing. At least if she had had a gun, or even some sort of melee weapon like the sword the Shinji kid had sheathed at his side, she would have been able to give it to one of the boys to use. Now, she was, simply put, screwed. She frowned somewhat and tucked the jumprope back into her daypack... just in case. In a life or death situation, anything was better than nothing.

"Well, I... that's what I got," she announced.

Her eyes glanced toward Elsie, before falling in Fred's direction. She had not thought to ask them what they might have. Fred had to have had a decent enough weapon, to have stayed alive for four days on this island. Right? After a moment, she got up the courage to ask them. It was the only way she would find out, after all. She smiled at the two who had previously been in her company as she debated on how to word the question.

"What about you two?" she inquired.

After pausing a moment, she walked toward Fred, eyes focusing in on the ground. There was a question that had been plaguing her mind for some time now. Ever since he had mentioned to her that he had been here for four days, and told her about the things he had encountered, she could not help but wonder... how? How did he manage to stay alive for so long? Yes, he had been shot in the stomach, but he said himself that it was a recent injury. She wanted to know, not only out of curiosity but for her own sake, as well. As she approached him, she inquired the question quietly, as if she did not want the others to hear. Part of her did not, after all, if she wanted to stay alive, she would inevitably have to outlast all of them... even though that was something she hoped would not happen.

"How'd you do it, Fred? How'd you manage to stay alive for four days and come out relatively unscathed?"

Lyndi glanced at the boy, half waiting for his answer. The other half of her mind was plagued by another thought. She could feel the eyes lingering on her back, and she could not help but think both Vince and Elsie were wondering what the discussion between herself and Fred was about. Should she really be leaving Elsie out of this? She was her best friend, after all. In retrospect, it was a question anyone would ask, and Lyndi herself was unsure why she was being so secretive about it. Regardless, she just wanted to know. She wanted to know how to survive.

Return to “The Lighthouse”