Don't Dream It's Over

It ends where it began

A large, and old warehouse. The corners are covered with cobwebs, and there are a few cracks in the flooring showing its old age. This would make a great meeting place for any group, because of the table, chairs, random knickknacks, and all the tools.
Theseus†

Don't Dream It's Over

Post by Theseus† »

((continued from Under Pressure))

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
Theres a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But youll never see the end of the road
While youre travelling with me

Jeremy saw the warehouse up ahead, and he had completely forgot that it was a danger zone. Memories came flooding back about this place, for this was where it had begun for him. How long ago, 6 days? It was at this place where he had met Fred and Heather. It was here where he watched 3 of his friends die, and it was here where he decided to make a difference in this game.

Jeremy listened to the oldie song blast on his radio, and he smiled. He felt complete, knowing everything was perfect. He continued to drive at a pretty fast pace, as the warehouse was still quite a ways away, he would be there in about 5 minutes at this pace.

Hey now, hey now
Dont dream its over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they wont win

Jeremy kept looking behind him, waiting to see that girl's car chasing him, waiting for the inevitable, and Jeremy was trying to figure out how to end this chase, and he felt the pain in his stomach, and knew that he didn't have long left. Six days and this island threw everything it had towards him, from physical to emotion pain, but Jeremy wouldn't let it kill him. He smiled through his bloody lips and managed to say, "Matyr...I like that. Thanks girl, now I guess I'm a maryr."

Now Im towing my car, theres a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but theres no proof
In the paper today tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the t.v. page

Jeremy knew what he was going to accomplish, he was going to prove to that girl, and to this entire island, that the good guys could still win. He would prove to everyone, the terrorists, the students, America, that he was never a pawn to this game. About three minutes til he reached the warehouse.

Hey now, hey now
Dont dream its over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they wont win

Jeremy started to slow down his pace, waiting to see the girl behind him, giving her a chance to catch up. Jeremy just smiled, and he placed his shotgun on his lap, and he continued his approach to the warehouse.

Hey now, hey now
Dont dream its over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
Dont ever let them win
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

(Continued from: Under Pressure)

As Lucinda's car shot through the field leading to a large structure she could barely see through the treeline, the scraping of metal against metal continued to echo out underneath the car, desperately protesting against Luci driving the car period, let alone at such speeds. Despite the incessant noise, the girl continued to push forward, an almost wild look encompassing her features as she was able to make out what had to have been the car of Jeremy Torres directly in front of her.

Breathe, trust, bless me and release
Climb hard or never be seen
Closed off rescue to breathe
Just bless me

Despite the blatant protests from the car, Luci continued to accelerate, and the automobile shook violently in retaliation, sparks beginning to emit from the metal-on-metal scraping that was occurring underneath the car. Hanging her shotgun out the driver's side window once again, Lucinda pulled the trigger, sending a hail of bullets toward the back of the boy's car. What she hadn't counted on, however, was the fact that the Torres boy would hit his breaks. Unbenownst to her, he had been awaiting her arrival. She certainly hadn't counted on the move, and was unable to regain control of her car quickly enough to keep from plowing into the boy.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((Jeremy never hit his breaks, sorry if I made it sound like he did, my writing skills aren't the greatest :D But it's all cool though, because he planned on doing it in the next post, but just a little more dramatic, so I'll go ahead and do it in this post and umm....I guess you can just react to this braking instead *shrugs* sorry))

Livin' easy, livin' free,
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Askin' nothin', leave me be,
Takin' everything in my stride

Jeremy smiled as the rock song blared on his stereo. He started to rock his head to the beat, feeling almost free, as if this game didn't matter, but it was right here, in this car, with AC/DC playing that made him complete. Jeremy turned his body to see the girl's car gaining on him, and his foot pressed down more on the accelerator, speeding the car up to almost it's breaking point.

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme,
Ain't nothin' I would rather do
Goin' down, for the times,
My friends are gonna be there, too

Jeremy saw the warehouse come closer and closer, and before he knew it he heard a sound, a sound that confused him at first, a sound that was foreign to him.

BEEP

Jeremy moved his right hand up to feel his collar and he gritted his teeth. The warehouse was a danger zone. Jeremy just smiled, not fearing death anymore. Jeremy didn't know Mallory had died by a collar detination also, but if he had known that, he would have wondered if this was how she felt when her collar beeped.

I'm on the highway to Hell!
On the highway to Hell!
Highway to Hell!
I'm on the highway to Hell!

Jeremy felt his car bump and battle the terrain, and he knew what he was going to do. Jeremy Torres knew at that point, that he was no martyr, but unlike the surviving kids on this island, he was not playing to win. Jeremy shouted as loud as he could, knowing the girl could probably not hear him.

"If killing you makes me a bad person, then see you in hell!"

With that, Jeremy slammed on his breaks, and spun the steering wheel to the left, causing the car to stop at a screeching hault. If Luci's car continued at the same speed, it would crash into Jeremy's car, and for a split second the car's would look like the letter T.

BEEP
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Two sided time
Your bebirth can't hurt
Branch out behind
The pain

Lucinda let out a loud shriek as the car collided with Jeremy's vehicle and it was sent spinning out of control from the sheer speed of the impact. She reflexively pulled the trigger of the shotgun upon impact, sending a hail of bullets scattering throughout the car. Combined with the impact and the sparks created from the dragging metal underneath the car and the gas that was still pouring through the gas line, the entire automobile was suddenly aflame and rolling onto its side from Luci's complete loss of control.

Closure has come to me myself
You will never belong to me

The loud and pained screams of the girl radiated throughout the area as the flames engulfed the entire car and the body of Lucinda Garnett. The smell of burnt flesh filled the area along the abandoned warehouse as the flames came into contact with her skin, burning, scorching, destroying flesh, nerves, and muscle-tissue and sending the girl writhing in pain.

Had to turn and lay down
You're the sting of disease
Phase you out you should've seen this coming
Go on confusing this soul
Hold my breath til you rupture

"HELP ME!"

The yell escaped Lucinda's frying lips as she called out, pleading for help from the boy whose life she had been focused on taking only moments before. Looking on with terrified eyes as she felt her own skin melt from her bones, she called out to Jeremy once again, hoping for some sort of aide from her fellow SOTF contestant.

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HELP ME!"

Three days aside
Your rebirth can't hurt
Branch out behind
Pride

Luci could only look on as the flames danced across her entire body, her flesh popping and sizzling against the burning-hot that had engulfed her entire body. Her clothes had begun to burn into her skin in a repulsive manner, and she extended her arm out of the shattered front window in an attempt to crawl out of the flaming car.

Closure has come to me myself
Like a leach

Her burning arm came into contact with the multiple glass shards scattered about the hood of the tipped-over car, causing a pain anew as Luci tried desperately to pull herself from the confines of the driver's seat and escape the vehicle of her own accord. By this point, however, the girl was so badly burned that the seatbelt she had been strapped in with had melted to her skin, and she was trapped inside the flaming automobile, slowly burning alive.

I hold on as if we belonged
To some precious pure dream
Cast off you've seen what's beneath
Now fail me

Her agonizing screams slowly dissipated as Lucinda resigned herself to her ungodly fate, and had her tear ducts not been burned from the flames engulfing her entire body, she might have cried. Instead she simply sat in the car, still flailing about wildly as her skin continued to slowly melt from her body. Over the sound of the flames, Luci could hear a faint noise around her collar. At this point, she was too far gone to realize that the beeping noise was her collar, preparing to detonate after she had entered the danger zone.

Forget closure

Luci listened to the faint beeping noise echo throughout the car as the flames continued to burn, making her feel as though she had journeyed to the belly of Hell. Her thoughts focused on the beeping, taking her mind away from the sheer pain of the entire ordeal, and she smiled satisfactorily, realizing that soon, the pain would be over.

Closure has come to me
So breathe

The smoke filled Luci's lungs as the inhaled a painful breath, and all at once the beeping noise stopped. Almost immediately, Luci realized what was going to happen, and she silently thanked God for sparing her from the pain of burning to death inside the car. In that instant, the collar detonated, and Lucinda was taken from a world of flames into a world of black, never again to see the light of day. The car containing the dead girl continued to go up in flames, the smell of smoke and burnt flesh rising through the air in a nauseating mixture. Lucinda's last moments of life were a preview of Hell itself, a place that she would perhaps witness once again now.

LUCINDA GARNETT - DECEASED
8 PLAYERS REMAINING
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings
Of the bluebird as she sings.
The six o'clock alarm would never ring.

Jeremy didn't truly have time to think, as moments later the girl's car barreled into his. Jeremy's world turned black, and he felt no pain. When he opened his eyes he expected to either be surrounded by white light, or in totalled car, awaiting the collar detonation, but when Jeremy opened his eyes, he saw something he least expected.

------------------------

Jeremy looked around the Barry Coleson gym and shrugged. It was a pretty big school, and he watched as the Barry Coleson wrestlers rolled out the mats, and began stretching out. Jeremy turned around to one of his friends and said, "So what do you think?" His friend looked at him and said, "About what?" Jeremy stretched out his arms and said, "All of this, I mean, usually we wrestle at some pretty run down schools, but this my friend, this is classy."

His friend laughed and said, "Just focus on your match tonight, and I'm sure we'll leave these New Yorkers with a lasting impression." Franklin Central High School, the one Jeremy attended and represented when he stepped out on the mat, was located in Indiana. The reason they were in New York was more or less because of wrestling camp. Their coach would pack the wrestlers on a large yellow bus, and drive them up to New York, where they would party, see the sights, and train.

Jeremy had always wanted to go to the wrestling camp, but couldn't sign up to this year. He had heard the training was intense, the parties even more intense. Plus, you had a chance to show the Yankees how the Hoosiers' wrestlers.

Jeremy and his teammates set up by the side of the mat, and Jeremy stood there, in his sweats and sweatshirt, checking out the competition. He couldn't tell who his opponent was, but it didn't really matter. Jeremy then saw a group of girls standing around by the entrance to the gym. Volleyball players by the look of it, and it appeared as if they had just got done with practice.

Jeremy nudged one of the other wrestlers and said, "Check her out, maybe I should leave New York with a couple phone numbers." Jeremy was of course joking, for he wouldn't ever have the guts to approach those girls, unless of course he was with friends. The girl he had his eye on particularly was none other than Lucinda Garnett.

Jeremy would never recognize her on the island, and he would forget her that very night truth be told, but if he had the memory of an elephant, he would have found his car chase on the island ironic. The girl he was once checking out turned out to be a girl he indirectly killed, and a girl he would spend the last moments of his life trying to avoid.
-----------------------

BEEP

But it rings and I rise,
Wipe the sleep out of my eyes.
My shavin' razor's cold and it stings.

Jeremy opened his eyes to the sound of the beep. His radio was destroyed, and the only sound he heard was the burning of the other car, but he did not hear the girl's screams for help, and that was for the best. Jeremy felt a pain in his side, and looked down to see he was covered in blood. Something was sticking inside of him, and he realized it was some part of the car that had come loose in the crash.

Jeremy also knew he was upside down, for the impact had sent his car rolling, slamming into the warehouse, knocking a couple holes into the aging structure. Jeremy gritted his teeth as he pulled the object out of his side, and he fumbled with his seat belt. Once he pressed the release button, he felt himself drop, and he groaned as he did so.

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean.
Oh, what can it mean.
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.

Jeremy tried to open the door, but it didn't open. So he crawled out of his open window, leaving a trail of blood. Once out the window he rolled on the ground, coughing up some blood, and he looked up at the sky which was consumed with black smoke from the girl's car. Jeremy groaned, as he pulled himself up, and leaned against his now totalled car. He laughed, and as he laughed blood came out of his mouth, but he continued to laugh. Jeremy Torres was not going crazy, for at this very moment, he probably could have been one of the sanest students on the island.

You once thought of me
As a white knight on a steed.
Now you know how happy I can be.

He just looked at the girl's burning car, then at the warehouse, the place he began this adventure. He shrugged and leaned his head back on his destroyed car, and felt himself drifting away, only to be brought back to reality by a now familiar sound.

BEEP

----------------------------------

Jeremy continued to jump up and down, as he rolled his arms in circles, stretching out. He looked at his opponent who was also getting ready, and Jeremy focused on the match which was going on now. The Barry Coleson wrestler was on top, riding the Franklin Central wrestler, and when he finally broke him down flat, he easily managed to flip him, and pin him. Jeremy felt a surge of anger in him, how could his team be losing?

The announcer called out the name's and Jeremy stripped of everything but his singlet, his headgear, and his wrestling shoes. "And wrestling for Franklin Central for the 160 weight class is Jeremy Torres!" Jeremy ran out on the mat to the sounds of his cheering teammates, and he shook the other wrestlers hand. The whistle blew and Jeremy immediately shot in for a double leg, picking the wrestler up he then slammed him on the ground.

Now on top of the other wrestler Jeremy attempted to break him down flat, for the wrestler was on his hands and knees, fighting Jeremy's attempts. Getting angry, Jeremy cross faced the other kid, but did it a little more roughly than allowed, and the ref blew the whistle. "Violation, red team. Unnecessary roughness, this is just a warning kid, you do it again he gets a point." Jeremy nodded and the wrestlers started neutral position again.

This time Jeremy felt himself losing, he felt the other kid on top of him, breaking him down. Jeremy was tired, out of breath, but he saw in the corner of his eye his cousin, Ryan Torres. He was not a wrestler, but came along anyways, not really to hang out with Jeremy, but because he wanted to get out of the house and party. Ryan was jumping up and down, cheering, and shouting, "Kill him Jeremy! Show him that FC pride!"

Jeremy felt a renewed bout of energy, and sprung him, causing the other kid to fall of his back. Jeremy spun around and on top of the kid, and the crowd went wild. Fighting the kid, Jeremy managed to get him on his back, and the two wrestlers fought, one trying to get off his back, the other trying to pin him there. The crowd was going crazy, stomping their feet, shouting, but none of it reached Jeremy, who was focusing on one thing, victory.

The sound of the ref's whistle blew, and Jeremy hopped up, smiling, knowing he had won. Shaking his opponents hand, the ref rose his hand and Jeremy's teammates went wild. Stepping off the mat, Ryan ran up to greet Jeremy. "Great job cuz, those moved I taught you must have helped you." Jeremy smiled and said, "What moves? The one where you cry when I twist your arm?" Jeremy punched Ryan playfully and his cousin just smiled. Walking away towards his seat Ryan said, "Hey Jeremy." Jeremy turned around to look at his cousin and said, "huh?" Ryan just smiled and said, "thanks." Jeremy gave him a confused look and Ryan just said, "You know, for taking me with you on this trip and all. Also, for keeping me out of the house ya know? Thanks, your a good cousin." Jeremy just smiled and said, "I'll always be there for you man." Ryan nodded and said, "Right back at ya."

--------------------------

BEEP BEEP

Oh, and our good times start and end
Without dollar one to spend.
But how much, baby, do we really need.

Jeremy was determined to beat this. Jeremy was going to win survival of the fittest, but not on Danya's terms, on his. Jeremy reached down and pulled his revolver out of his pants, which the handle had been sticking out of his beltline.

Opening up the cylinder to check on how many bullets were loaded, he watched as six bullets fell out, on the ground. Jeremy sighed and reached down, fumbling with them, until he managed to pick one up. The now bloody bullet, because of Jeremy's fingers, was loaded into the gun, and Jeremy shut the cylinder and spun it.

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean.
Oh, what can it mean.
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.

Jeremy said with a quiet, weak voice, "Danya, America, watch this. I am dying on my own terms, this game never took my life, and this game never defeated me. I may not be a complete good guy, but I stuck strong to my morals, and never did I kill to win. So now without further adieu, I am about to win this game my own way." Raising the gun up, he placed the barrel on the temple of his head.

BEEP BEEP

click

If it was true your life flashes before your eyes when you die, then Jeremy was about to die. Images of the past 6 days raced through his mind.

-----------------------

Jeremy sat in the warehouse, scared if nothing else. Listening to the pounding of the rain outside, he gripped his sickle close to him. That's when the door opened, and a wet boy came in, who would later reveal himself as Fred. After a conversation, another person came in, and her name was Heather. Definitely the most crazy person on the island Jeremy met, even crazier then the one's killing to win.

It was then, that the three-some took their leave, in hope of finding Glenn Hughes, Fredrick Hughes's brother.

----------------------

Jeremy sighed as no bullet came out. Jeremy thought to himself, 1 in 5 now. He gritted his teeth as he pulled the trigger.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

click

-----------------------

Jeremy and his group approached the gazebo, a place Jeremy would visit twice during his stay on the island. The second time in less than thrilling circumstances. Running down the hill was a boy, Adam Dodd, shouting to Fred that his brother was looking for him. With that, Adam was off, and Jeremy would never know that he had been in the presence of the islands biggest competitor.

That was when Glenn appeared, Fred's twin. And the first thing that was said was, "You're bleeding prat." Jeremy never understood was prat meant, but didn't fret over it.

------------------------

Jeremy heard the sound of yet another chamber with no bullet in it. He just thought to himself, "now let's try this again." He pulled the trigger.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

click

------------------------

Memories flashed of the ravine, Heather falling, a shootout. More memories flashed by at the hospital, or the school, where was it? There was a large group, talking about escape. Jeremy was given hope by that, before the attack came.

Memories rushed by as he saw himself helping Glenn pull the sickle out of Mallory's shin. Scenes of Jeremy being worried about Fred, not knowing of his fate. More scenes flashed by, and Jeremy was separated from his group, only to meet Nev at the small house.

She helped doctor him up, then Scott came in, fighting Scott, Jeremy managed to overpower the boy. That is when Jeremy got Scott to be one of the "good guys" on the island, and not play to win.

-------------------------

Jeremy felt like throwing his gun, but then thought if that was fate. Maybe he wasn't meant to pull the trigger? Jeremy slowly raised his shaky hands placing the barrel against his temple once again. In a moment of hesitation, he heard the familiar beep.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The sound scared Jeremy, and he pulled the trigger.

click

------------------------

Memories flashed of Jeremy seeing Glenn's body, and wondering where Mallory was. Getting separated from Nev and Scott, Jeremy ended up finding Mallory, offering to help her in her quest to find and kill Glenn's murderer.

Scenes flashed by and now Jeremy was standing in the gazebo with Mallory, until a boy came up and held them both at gunpoint. Mallory ran off, leaving Jeremy alone with the boy, until he too left. It was then Jeremy made his trek back to the small house.

There he met his cousin, and Clare. Making a plan, they assaulted the warehouse, and when that failed, they camped outside, hoping to ambush the people inside, at the time it made sense to Jeremy, but later he would realize that by doing that, he was playing the game.

That was when the ambush occurred, and within an hour, Jeremy was the last one alive. Mostly everyone in the warehouse dead, Ryan, Clare, and Nev all lying dead in front of him. Getting out of there, Jeremy made his journey to the hospital only to meet Clemence.

She tricked him, or did she? Jeremy being the nice guy he was, gave her one of his shotguns, hoping they could team up to take out one of the terrorists, but she turned the gun on Jeremy, and fired. Jeremy left, ending up at the small house, where he met Luci, and scenes of the car chase flashed through Jeremy's mind.

----------------------------

The memories were gone, and Jeremy sat leaning against the car, the smell of burning flesh and metal around him. He could feel the heat of the fire of the girl's car and he looked up at the smoke in the sky.

Jeremy didn't realize that the gasoline in his car had been leaking into the warehouse, and Jeremy also didn't know that some of the boxes in the warehouse contained materials that were highly flammable.

Sparks were shooting out of Jeremy's car's dead engine, but luckily none hit the trail of gasoline, yet.

Jeremy was not going to die by this game, and once again, he pulled the trigger.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

click

------------------------------

Images of all of his friends floated before him. He saw Mallory and Glenn holding each other, he saw Fred laughing with Heather. Jeremy saw Ryan and Clare telling each other jokes, and he watched as nev and Scott ran around chasing each other.

In his mind, Jeremy felt complete. He was happy now, and he felt no pain, only happiness. He felt himself being torn once again from his happy world back to reality.

------------------------------

Jeremy smiled, this was the last shot. This was the one that was going to kill him, and he smiled. Making sure the barrel was placed against his head, he smiled and pulled the trigger.

Bang

Jeremy hunched over dead, his blood staining the grass. It was quick and painless, which was not how he had expected to die on this island. Moments later sparks hit the gasoline trail, and a fire ensued. Then after that, the flammable materials in the warehouse exploded, and Jeremy's car exploded too, and combined with the ammunition in his car and all of the gasoline, it was a large explosion.

The warehouse explosion was bigger though, as every room exploded on fire, and the fire rose high into the sky. The black smoke could probably be seen from anywhere on the island, and the large explosion could have definitely been heard. As the entire warehouse, and two cars burned, another chapter in the Survival Of The Fittest Story ended.

---------------------------------------
THE SUM OF JEREMY TORRES'S (B#54) NOTES, LEFT JEAN POCKET

Well if you are reading this now, either I made it off of this island, or I am dead. I am guessing I am going to be dead, because I don't plan on winning. Not that I doubt my ability, but because if I win this game, I will lose. Sorry if this doesn't make too much sense, I am trying to write it as soon as possible, as I am in the middle of a car chase right now, and I am currently parked in front of a cliff.

I am not going to talk about my current car chase situation though, I just want to let everyone know, that I tried not to let any of my friends or family down. I am not playing the game, and I never will. If I go out, I plan on going out with a bang. I doubt this will ever get into the hands of my family, but I want you all to know I love you very much. Don't cry over me, and don't worry, for I am happy.

I have met some amazing people on this island, each one showed me a different part of myself. This experience will really show you who you are, and without the help of the friends I made on this island, I don't think I could have made it as far as I did. So I have to finish this note now, but I just want everyone to know, I did not play this game. Also, Danya, if you read this, See you in hell.

--------------------------------------------

BOY NUMBER 54, JEREMY TORRES -- DEAD
7 PLAYERS REMAINING

Return to “Old Warehouse”