Reflection

There is no coincidence, only fate...

A large, deep, and dangerous crack in the earth. Watch your step while travelling close to the ravine... who knows who may sneak up on you and shove you down into it?
Megami†

Reflection

Post by Megami† »

(Continued from the Woods, You Can't Turn Back The Hands Of Time.)

After tearing out of the woods from whence he had resided, Cody Jenson found himself randomly roaring across the entire island. His goal: to find and destroy one, Sidney Crosby. Cody's eyes closed momentarily as he ripped across the side of a place that looked all too familiar to him, even in the poor lighting. This place was the ravine, this was the place where he'd attacked Max McNeal much, much earlier in the game. This was the place where that Asian boy by the name of Shinya Motomura had rid Cody of two of his fingers. Indeed, this place held a lot of memories. Cody grinned as he rode at a blistering pace near the edge of the ravine.

You don't know what it's like...

His search for Crosby had led him to the ravine directly after his trip to the woods. After all, the ravine was dark and overgrown, and all the shrubbery and undergrowth provided the perfect hiding spot; perfect, for a coward like Crosby. Cody's left hand released its grip on the handlebars of Loretta for a split second, and in that moment Cody Jenson reached up and wiped the blood still running from the corners of his mouth off again. Somewhere inside that head of his, Cody knew that his story was slowly coming to an end. It couldn't end yet, though. It was still missing the most vital chapters: the chapters where he took retribution against all of those who had wronged him, the chapter where he eliminated Adam Dodd, and the chapter where he made it off the island, if only for a short while.

You don't know what it's like to be second best... to be upstagged in everything you do... by someone who isn't better than you. I'm way better than you, Crosby. I always have been, and I'll prove I'm better than you here and now. You're a coward, a pussy, you're weak. I'll destroy you in this place, and I'll make sure the last few seconds of your life rack you with the most ungodly amount of pain you've ever felt.

The almost animalistic roar echoing out of the pipes of Loretta disrupted the serenity of the ravine, and as Cody continued to tear along the ridge of the enormous crack in the earth, a few birds scattered away in the treetops, frightened by that primal yell. In front of him, the corpses of two females came into view, both riddled with bullet wounds, and Cody had to swirve hard to the left in order to avoid running over them and potentially damaging his one true love. Coming to a sudden stop, Cody couldn't help but look down at the mangled bodies that lay blocking the path, almost amused by them. Another smile formed on his face as he looked them over, a sense of glee coming across him. Two more. Two more who weren't strong enough to survive this game. And a hundred more just like them across the island.

Soon enough, Sidney Crosby would be just another corpse cluttering up this island. Of that, Cody Jenson was certain.

Throughout his entire time on the island, Cody never once stopped to wonder why. Why did he hate Crosby so much? Why was he bound and determined to hunt the boy down and make him die a slow and agonizingly painful death? Maybe it didn't make sense to some... the fact that he was blindly looking for Crosby without ever once looking back. The fact that he was ready and willing to end the boy's life once they came into contact. But to Cody Jenson, what he was doing made perfect sense. It was revenge, divine retribution... better yet, it was Cody Jenson's destiny.

He was always better than me. Always got the recognition that I deserved. I deserved it, not Sidney fucking Crosby. I was a million times better than him at everything I ever did. But somehow, that little prick always managed to upstage me. I always knew we'd meet one day, I always waited for the opportunity to see Crosby meet his end up close and personal, and now... we're both on this island, of the millions of people out there, Sidney Crosby and I wound up together in this place and told to kill one another. This isn't a fucking coincidence, it's fate.

With a squeal of the tires and another roar of the engine, Cody Jenson was once again blazing through the ravine, his eyes darting about wildly for his prey. Now, the ball was in his court. Now, he was the hunter. The cold metal object resting against the flesh of his stomach was more than an adequate reminder of that. As he flew through the ravine, Cody once again smiled and this time, began to whistle a tune. The slow, methodic whistling escaping from Cody's lips might have sounded insane to any other, but to Cody Jenson, it signified that he had a quickly approaching date with destiny.

(Continued in the Helicopter Crash Site, Along the Path to Destiny...)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Ravine”