Emotional Catalyst

Dorian and Peri move on...

A large, deep, and dangerous crack in the earth. Watch your step while travelling close to the ravine... who knows who may sneak up on you and shove you down into it?
Buko

Emotional Catalyst

Post by Buko »

((Coming from: Home))

An emotional catalyst? Sure that would describe Peri’s life in the past few minutes, leaving a shaky murderous alliance with Stevan Hyde and Eh-Sun Choi only to find himself with a safe, yet weak alliance with the unknown player known as Dorian.

Well, for you at home, any doubt that Peri Barclay was indeed insane have been removed.

He approached the ravine, ah speaking of shaky here they where at the shaky grown and gigantic catalyst that was the gigantic hole in the ground, he looked around to notice two girls, pelted by bullets…he didn’t remember killing them, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if he did…Dorian might think so as well when staring at his MAC-10...Peri still hadn’t told Dorian that he was most likely responsible for the injuries he was suffering from.

That would have to wait another day.

He stared at the up and coming Dorian and when Dorian got to him he simply smiled.

“So while we’re here, why don’t you tell me a little about yourself Dorian…”
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

((Continued from: Home))

He tried to keep pace with Peri as they made their way through the ravine. Dorian had to remind himself that it was alright to be used to dead bodies piled near the greenery. He had seen them once alive, chances are, and maybe was even there when they were killed. He couldn't remember anymore.

“So while we’re here, why don’t you tell me a little about yourself Dorian…”

Dorian glanced over at Peri, taken aback for a moment at the inquiry. It was the game, he didn't think getting to know someone made any difference anymore. But he found himself trying to think back. What could he tell Peri about himself?

"I read," he finally said after he made it in step with Peri, " That's about all there is significant to me. It's how people know me, the quiet, smart, complete and total nerd. It's not like I'm from Mars or something. But I think I finally believe them...."

His eyes fell to the ground while he kept in step.

"So, um, What about you? What's your story?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

“Well, I grew up in England…” Peri he didn’t know if he wanted to indulge himself within a complete and total stranger. To let him into the confides of his soul and tell him his complete life story, how vague was Dorian in his? “I like books”, would Peri match that? Could he really sum up his existence in three words, no he couldn’t. He’d have to tell Dorian the truth if he ever wanted to repent for the sins he’d done.

“We where a poor family and then one day my dad got a lot of money, I had this friend David who lived with us and all was well…” he looked at Dorian “But, my father actually killed a gang boss, and when they came knocking on my door for revenge…I hid in a closet, David was killed and I was left to live, all while watching my mothers rape and my fathers…even after David died…refusal to speak up…

“I lived a normal life, drawing dark pictures, writing dark stories…the normal angst teen shit…that was until I got into this game…

I met a man named Stevan and we just started killing for fun, six deaths later I find myself not liking it…thinking of David and such…” he looked at Dorian again, trying to judge his reaction to the fact that he had killed six people, thinking that it was okay to move on he did.

“I know that I brought this all on myself. I know that I deserve this. I'd do anything not to be this way. I'd do anything to make it up to everyone. And to not have to see a psychiatrist, who explains to me about being "passive aggressive." And to not have to take the medicine he gives me, which is too expensive for my dad. And to not have to talk about bad memories with him. Or be nostalgic about bad things.

I just wish that God or my parents or David or you or someone would just tell me what's wrong with me. Just tell me how to be different in a way that makes sense. To make this all go away. And disappear. I know that's wrong because it's my responsibility, but I just don’t want it to be anymore, I don’t want to think like I have been these past few years…I just want to be happy and I just want to maybe find someone who understands…”

He wiped his face, just as insurance if real tears ended up coming, he wouldn’t be surprised though if his tear ducts had frozen long ago and replaced with the cold demeanor he had adopted through out the game. It had been so easy to speak to Dorian, like he was some unreachable force of normalcy, intelligent, and not overly atheletic or special looking…Peri, well he was always described as an odd looking child…

“So yeah…that’s my story…”
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Dorian watched Peri's face change as his story went on, and he felt for him. He really did. The guy obviously went through more before the game, and now... he seemed torn by what he had done.

"Uh, it may not be any help if I say anything," Dorian scratched the back of his head and let his eyes fall, "but I don't think you're any different than anyone else on this island. Unless you killed... I don't even know, the majority of the people who are lying around dead now?"

Dorian was trying to remove the pressure on his hurt leg, so he began to limp a little more and tried to pick up pace to keep up.

"Uhf, If you really want to know what I think about you killing people, I don't care. I've watched someone kill someone else without doing anything. I already teamed up with an actual "player" once, it's probably the only way I've even been able to survive here."

He laughed softly, "In fact, the last time I was alone I nearly b-b-blew myself up! Whatever possessed me to make the gas leak....

"In the end, we're all d-d-dirt in the ground, or souls in the sky. God, for those who believe, is forgiving, maybe not of killing... but in this kind of game where you're forced to, in some ways. It takes a toll on the mind, and I don't think it's anyone's fault, whether they did it on purpose or not. It's such a what if now, because we wouldn't know if you would have gone on a killing spree at home. I don't think you would have.

"You're helping me, that counts for something. I'm probably the easiest to pick off, and I was even at school. I don't know what they had against being smart. Or not dressing the way they did. Not having friends... I don't know if I would have been so passive at my school."

He had thought about it, bringing a gun to school because he was fed up. Logic stepping in most of the time, keeping him from giving in. But what if he wasn't a part of the game? He couldn't be sure that he wouldn't have taken some people down.

"I don't think David blames you. It seems like you had nothing to do with it. Just a bystander with a shitty father, maybe? Sorry if that's out of line.... I just meant that I think you have more compassion than some people out here right now. I don't think Jacob did for awhile."

Not when he killed Garrett, at least.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

“I suppose you're right…” he noticed Dorian limping, and felt once again a pang of guilt that almost felt like an accumulation of all the guilt he had received from killing all those people.

“Your legs really bad…C’mon, let’s do that…y’know…thing that people do to help people walk…”

Peri had never asked a man a more awkward question in his life.

(Very short post, sorry Ebs…)
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Dorian turned his head to Peri and let it tilt to the side, as if he was asking him, "what the hell are you trying to say?"

He stopped for a moment and let his weight rest on his good leg.

"Oh, wait, you mean piggy back ride? Wait, then I'm not walking, umm..."

Leave it to Dorian to thoroughly confuse himself in trying to decipher Peri's suggestion.

((Ditto, Slacker))
Buko

Post by Buko »

Ignorance surely must be bliss. What was a perfectly clear definition in Peri’s mind not so in Dorian’s, of course this was not the thing you ask complete strangers…it was odd. Possibly homosexual and above all was about to take place on live television, he just wished his conscience would just disappear so he could not feel guilty about Dorian, but as he stared at Dorian, the guilt simply grew and grew and grew.

Dignity would have to wait.

“Look Dorian…I’m telling you to lean on me so I can be your…human cane or something…”
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

"Oh, okay..."

Dorian tried to shuffle closer to Peri in an attempt to try to lean on him, but he stopped short and just stared at him for a second. The red in his cheeks seemed to flourish.

"How do we do this?"
Buko

Post by Buko »

“Well..I guess we’d do this…” he took Dorian’s arm and put it around his shoulder “And then I’d put my arm around your waist to help you lean…”

As he put his arm around Dorian’s waist he tensed up, no. Not now. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! He felt a need to lean to the other side of Dorian, his waist was so…girl like! Like holding a girl…albeit a girl with some big surprises, wait why did he say big, he didn’t know the kid probably just hit puberty. But, still Peri mentally cursed himself, his body was tense and his face beet red.

The curse of being a man…
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Dorian just let himself go limp like a doll while Peri tried to position him, but when Peri tensed up he jumped back a little bit. Dorian could feel himself losing his balance. His arm slid down Peri's back and nearly tugged his shirt off to stand up again. It ended up being no help.

He fell into a patch of mud. His face even got a few splotches of dirt on it while his butt was completely covered with the mud. Dorian's face was holding a complete look of shock, wide eyes and mouth agape.

"Ah ha, hahahahaha..." he giggled. He just couldn't keep a serious face with it. It was the funniest thing to him.

"Maybe I should just walk... we're not much farther are we?" He looked up at Peri smiling. A real genuine one, too.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Peri laughed very hard as he noticed Dorian’s…well mud covered ass.

“Dude, you’re bringing the term fudge packer to a whole new level.” he said before bursting into laughter and helping Dorian up. He was relieved, his body had calmed down again and the awkwardness had passed…90% of the time he didn’t even want it like that.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Dorian pouted and took Peri's hand to pull himself up. There was a stinging pain again, like it had been with everything he was touching, but he didn't let it bother him. For some reason the touch sent a tingle down his spine.

"I'm not gay, jerk," he tried to wipe off what mud he could, letting a grimace escape to his expression.

"Let's go, I don't want to be out here much longer, it's becoming a hazard to my existance."

((Continued in: You Better Shape Up))
Buko

Post by Buko »

“Dorian, you’re breaking my heart.” Peri said with a small smile on his face. He mean that he was joking with the boy, but so much endearment, he had lacked that with Stevan. Would it really affect him that much if Dorian betrayed him, left him like he had Stevan? Dorian was everything Peri was before David’s death; he had to preserve that…even if it meant taking in the protector role. Stevan had once been a fellow shoulder to lean on, a person whom he had fast childhood games with…now everything had changed. He really wanted time to just stop as he noticed both himself and Dorian laughing, just take a break from the game and just…stay like this forever.

“C’mon, we still gotta clean those wounds of yours…”

((Continued in: You Better Shape Up))
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'

Return to “The Ravine”